April 25, 2024, 06:02:14 PM

Author Topic: Naps tame Tigers.  (Read 6052 times)

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Naps tame Tigers.
« on: October 24, 2007, 06:58:19 PM »
Naps tame Tigers.
By: Kern De Freitas (Express).
[/size]

It has taken Naparima College five years to get over the 6-0 mauling by St Anthony's College in the 2002 RBTT InterCol final at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
With three goals in a span of 26 minutes, Naps may have done just that, in the end cruising to a comfortable 3-0 victory at the same venue and booking their place in Tuesday's BG T&T Secondary Schools Football League "Big Five" final.
Truth be told, the "Tigers" of Westmoorings lacked confidence, with some of their key players either missing in action or unable to make a meaningful contribution, through injury.
Most of the credit has to go to the South Zone champs, though, as they stuck almost flawlessly to a well-worked game plan.
Nigel Wright, Shahdon Winchester and Anthony Parris all struck the net from close range in the first half and with a three-goal deficit staring them in the face at half-time, the Tigers could not muster the strength for the uphill batte.
Even Naparima's rhythm section drowned out the sounds of St Anthony's own support and, in the end, they also had more to celebrate.
For the first ten minutes neither team settled, both trying to get a feel for each other. Wright had the earliest attempt at goal in the 11th, but shot over St Anthony's custodian Kevin Mussio's crossbar after controlling neatly at the edge of the penalty area. Skipper Uriah Bentick got his first try less than a minute later, firing just over from distance.
Naps then took full advantage of loose defending by their North Zone opponents, an unmarked Wright receiving wide on the left and, with time and space, he calmly picked his spot and beat the advancing Mussio.
The most innovative player in the Tigers attack was Emery Joyeau on the right flank, but he found little help up front. Mekel Williams headed wide for St Anthony's in the 28th and then striker Bradley Lawrence hit over from six metres soon after.
In the space of three minutes, the game was over as Naparima delivered the telling one-two combination. First, in the 38th, Winchester was picked out by Keston Smith and he obliged, heading the free kick past Mussio.
Parris was then given too much space on the left, raced past a defender and slotted under the onrushing goalkeeper.
The Tigers were desperate then and substituted a listless Bradley Lawrence for winger Micah Lewis, who never looked himself, having struggled with injury recently. Travis Joseph was the second substitution at half time, as St Anthony's tried to put more life into their attack.
Naps forte, however, is their defence and they neutralised everything which came their way.
The Southerners hung back to wait for the counterattack and shut down any attack from the wings, forcing St Anthony's to come through the centre. The closest they would come to goal was Bentick's right-footed drive in the 52nd, which forced Curtis Julien in Naps' goal to parry over.
The final whistle brought jubilant celebration for Naparima, who must now prepare for the winners of tomorrow's semi-final between East Zone champs San Juan Secondary Comprehensive and Tobago's Mason Hall Secondary. For a night, though, they can bask in the joy of a memorable win and at least ease some of the pain inflicted by the Tigers in 2002.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 05:00:09 AM by Flex »

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NAPS TAME TIGERS! (Pussy Cats)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 07:43:52 PM »
Dam, licks sharing boy. I really thought it would be another east vs north Final..  Congrats Naps, ah suppose south zone deserve something after all these years  :beermug:  ;D

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 09:23:52 PM »
well i really thought from what i was hearing that south was the strong zone this year...it is really competitive...as a pres man it hard to say this but congrats to naps...hope yuh go all the way for south!
Back in Trini...

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 12:03:16 AM »
well i really thought from what i was hearing that south was the strong zone this year...it is really competitive...as a pres man it hard to say this but congrats to naps...hope yuh go all the way for south!

South people really proving to be more gracious than tongue people, too.  De only way you gettin' a QRC man to well-wish a Fatima man, for instance, is if he on Death Row!  ;D  "Good luck wit yuh appeals, jed."  :angel: 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 12:13:32 AM »

I is a Benedict's man but say what I supporting South all the way. I have a Partner on that team Cion Samuel. BOSS I WANT ONE IN THE FINAL!!!!!!!. South again!!!!! Tame them tiger. Oh send ah pack a breeze wash allyuh kit for next year.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 01:10:19 AM »

South people really proving to be more gracious than tongue people, too.  De only way you gettin' a QRC man to well-wish a Fatima man, for instance, is if he on Death Row!  ;D  "Good luck wit yuh appeals, jed."  :angel: 

Tongue Town people?  Which South school that man went to?
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 01:28:58 AM »

I is a Benedict's man but say what I supporting South all the way. I have a Partner on that team Cion Samuel. BOSS I WANT ONE IN THE FINAL!!!!!!!. South again!!!!! Tame them tiger. Oh send ah pack a breeze wash allyuh kit for next year.

Ent he does play for W-Connection? 

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 05:41:16 AM »

:rotfl:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 07:01:20 AM »
dais how de Queen tell he to talk, right Mango? :devil:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 07:07:07 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: Naps tame Tigers.
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 07:39:46 AM »
Is de oil in de coil.....Ah want dem town men and dem to know.  Was a close fight down South this year.  Naps carrying the banner well.  Congrats!

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 08:30:38 AM »

That's indicative of the education one receives from a school like QRC....not to mention the kind of character it produces.

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 10:25:17 AM »
Big ups to NAPS for reppin de south once again. NAPS all de way.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 10:39:58 AM »
buh wait i now remember sumting..where de fellow poster who before season start only talking bout how st anthony's goin and take it to everyone...well i guess poor fella mus be crying rite now!
Back in Trini...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 10:42:42 AM »
Congrats to Naps. Whahs de odds on the East v Tobago battle?

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 01:49:53 PM »
ah shame for my team but congrats to naps anybody who saw that game had a chance to see naps play a techinically sound game,that being said we go still get the intercol title which is what i said at the begining of the season remember it cant be any other way is manning seer woman tell me so :devil:

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 02:48:14 PM »
Mango Chow!! I know he use to play for connection I not sure if he still playing with them because the I heard he was playing full PFL but the latest I hear is that he gone back in school to try and improve his grades at the same time play football. Cion Samuel is a good talent and with time this youth I feel go make it. I home for the CHristmas so I go find out all the details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. He living in the next street from me. I date his sister too so I know the chap that's probably a overshare but I know the youth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 05:04:32 PM »
Wapon tuh North, !!!! sando wok ah voodoo on allyuh...  :devil:
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 08:32:50 PM »
dais how de Queen tell he to talk, right Mango? :devil:

At all!!  De kinda lessons I get in talkin' eh come from no old-ass queen.  Watch dat!

That's indicative of the education one receives from a school like QRC....not to mention the kind of character it produces.

Yuh so damned right........a stellar education and an unshakeable character, forged into lifelong, loyal friendships that renders my QRC experience one that I wouldn't even consider exchanging for any other in any other school in T&T. Too bad more of us weren't so lucky.  :beermug: 

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 08:34:57 PM »
Mango Chow!! I know he use to play for connection I not sure if he still playing with them because the I heard he was playing full PFL but the latest I hear is that he gone back in school to try and improve his grades at the same time play football. Cion Samuel is a good talent and with time this youth I feel go make it. I home for the CHristmas so I go find out all the details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. He living in the next street from me. I date his sister too so I know the chap that's probably a overshare but I know the youth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel we talkin' bout de same fella man.....was playing for the reserve team when I was last at home last May and June.  Very nice young player.  :beermug:

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2007, 12:06:30 PM »
Yeah thats Cion allyuh talkin about , he play with Naps this year but the second game in the second round against PTown he got an concossion an was in the hospital for a few days he now recovering , and didn't feature in any of the games since. Includeing the St.Anthonys . Probably one of the best players on the team , could play anywhere in the defence and also midfield , word is he should be back only if Naps makes it to the National Semi-Final or Final.

1]; } ?>