April 25, 2024, 06:32:12 PM

Author Topic: Cafu coming to T&T.  (Read 7424 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Cafu coming to T&T.
« on: October 25, 2007, 04:56:30 AM »
Cafu coming to T&T.
By: Nigel Simon (Guardian).
[/size]

Two-time Fifa World Cup winner, Brazil and AC Milan defender Marco Evangelista Morales, affectionately called ‘Cafu” is expected to visit T&T between November 9 and 19. This was announced by Stephen Pilgrim, vice-president of the University of the Southern Caribbean (USC) at a media briefing held at the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs, yesterday.
Cafu is expected to arrive in the country between November 12 and 14 as part of the USC’s Football Extravaganza. The extravaganza is part of a larger programme called Windows to the World, part of a three-part project that focuses on sport exchanges between T&T and Latin America..
In addition to Cafu, a Brazilian Under-21 team will also pay a visit to this country as part of the Student Exchange project which is being supported by the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs to the sum of more $435,100. The month-long activity is an exchange between the USC and UNISA, a sister University in Brazil.
The UNISA’s Under-21 football team will also participate in the round-robin tournament which will see teams from the University of the West Indies, University of T&T, and a T&T Under-21 team competing. As a patron to the UNISA school, Cafu will captain the Brazilian team and while the matches may be considered the main focus, the Brazilian Football Extravaganza will also feature a coaching clinic, seminars on football as a business and youth in sport, and a gala dinner in honour of Cafu.
According to Pilgrim plans are also being put in place to have Cafu and former West Indies and T&T batsman, double world record-holder Brian Charles Lara, tour some schools in the north and south Trinidad as well as Tobago. Minister of Sport Roger Boynes disclosed that a letter of release had already been sent to Cafu's Italian club, AC Milan, to have him available for the event.
Some of the schools that will be targeted are Malick Senior Comprehensive, Carapichaima Senior Comprehensive and St Augustine Senior Comprehensive. Pilgrim noted that Cafu’s rise to stardom came from very humble beginnings and his speech to the players who live in some of the troubled areas of the country should serve to motivate them to strive for better.
Also in attendance was Dr Trevor Gardner, president of the USC, who noted that the groups to be targeted in the entire project will be the Under-20 footballers, football administrators, sports managers, sports coaches, secondary schools, tertiary institutions and young persons with an interest in sport as a profession.
Cafu, Brazil U-20s for Tobago.
By: Earl Manmohan (Express).
[/size]

Former Brazilian national team captain, Marco Evangelista Morales, also known as "Cafu" and a Brazilian Under-20 football team will visit Tobago next week Thursday and Friday for a USC Brazilian Football Extravaganza project.
While here, the Brazilians will be involved in role modeling mentorship and motivational seminars; youth and sport seminars for footballers, sport administrators and coaches done by Cafu himself; and friendly matches with a USC team, combined Tobago Under-20 team and Tobago Zone Secondary School Football League champs Mason Hall Secondary.
Members of the organising body from the University of the Southern Caribbean (USC) met with Education, Youth Affairs and Sport Secretary Claudia Groome-Duke and her technical team on Tuesday to discuss the role Tobago will play in this international development project and the benefit that would accrue to the youths and athletes of Tobago through the project.
This Brazilian Football Extravaganza is a cross-cultural, multi-lingual education experience, which is expected to be sustained over a three-year period. It also involves the empowerment of youth and athletes through the use of sports, primarily football as a tool for youth development.
Groome-Duke noted that this initiative fitted perfectly with the mandate that the THA had for youth development as was seen at the Tobago Youth Conference two weeks ago.
Future aspect of the project will involve exchange programmes for sporting officials and athletes and the infiltration of indigenous sport of the Caribbean into Latin America, all aimed at strengthening the cross cultural and multilingual ties between the Caribbean and Latin America.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 06:19:32 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cafu coming to T&T.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 06:39:17 AM »
Dis was one of de most difficult readings to analyze....  At least ah cetch de main drift.  AH wonder how good Cafu english is, and ah doh see why Brian Lara have to tour schools wid him.  Dat goh take away from Cafu prestige.  Ah not dissing Lara, but everybody in Trinidad know by now he is ah Limah...ah Zen man, ah 51 man, ah fete man

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 06:46:55 AM »
i go be in town that weekend. anybody have logistics?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 06:49:35 AM »
i go be in town that weekend. anybody have logistics?
de onlyest ting I heard was he want a copy of ya Avatar collection :devil:
other than that....I eh kno :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 07:27:37 AM »
Dis was one of de most difficult readings to analyze....  At least ah cetch de main drift.  AH wonder how good Cafu english is, and ah doh see why Brian Lara have to tour schools wid him.  Dat goh take away from Cafu prestige.  Ah not dissing Lara, but everybody in Trinidad know by now he is ah Limah...ah Zen man, ah 51 man, ah fete man

and everybody in de world know cafu is a limah and a fete man..

what dat have to do with anything?

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 07:58:48 AM »
Look me didnt even know dat

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 08:39:08 AM »

the most nonsense i have read for a while, and on this forum that is saying alot.

who then should tour him?

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 10:15:00 AM »
I wonder if he going to take the field and show men how to share "cyap" in a grap

Més que un club.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 10:20:05 AM »
The only question is who gonna get the double cyap...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 10:37:43 AM »

who then should tour him?

Sampson Nanton?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 02:07:43 PM »
The only question is who gonna get the double cyap...

is a long time Cafu eh dish out that special

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXHu2QdN_ZU

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 06:43:56 PM »
Big tings.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 06:27:09 AM »
News Updated.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 06:47:18 PM »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 07:13:29 PM »
Ah bet yuh go use dat to buy ah doubles or someting by nex week
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 07:15:03 PM »

you away too long, dat wouldnt even buy de barra nowadays..
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 07:23:12 PM by omarldinho »

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 07:23:04 PM »

;D

Nice one dey Omar, big player  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007, 07:51:18 PM »
Somebody tell meh how to post pictures please...ah have ah nice one to put up, and ah dont know how to

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2007, 08:03:56 PM »
Somebody tell meh how to post pictures please...ah have ah nice one to put up, and ah dont know how to
check ya pm ;)

Nice one Omar
buh ya couldnt pull ah bluenote for de man ;D :D
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 08:13:34 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 06:20:53 PM »

ahfeel  is dis smood boy one yuh was goin for ent?

man get real tie up wit he islands oui

Brazilian football guru and AC Milan maestro, Marcos Evangelista de Moraes, better known as Cafu. He's one of the few footballers that the experts unanimously believe to be phenomenal! Last week, Trinidad and Tobago was his sanctuary as he participated in a motivational series facilitated through the Brazilian Football Extravaganza Programme, organised by the University of the Southern Caribbean (USC) and funded by Trinidad and Tobago's Sport and Youth Affairs Ministry.

"I feel very lucky to actually meet one of my football icons! I am speechless, breathless and very happy to hear his inspirational words and I know that football for me would not be the same after this great moment!" exclaimed an ecstatic youth footballer after listening to one of Cafu's lectures.

Born on June 7, 1970 in São Paulo, Cafu is a two-time FIFA World Cup winning player having propelled Brazil to soccer supremacy in the 1994 and 2002 World Cups. In March 2004, he was voted by Pelé as one of the top 125 greatest living footballers and is the most-capped Brazilian footballer of all-time with 142, including a record of three World Cup Finals appearances.

Currently he's a defender with Italian Serie A Club, AC Milan. Cafu's trek up the football ladder began as early as age seven. One of six children, he always had a love for football, so much so that he enrolled in a football academy at an early age and soon moved up to the junior sides of Nacional, Portuguesa, and Itaquaquecetuba AC.

As he navigated his playing path from local Brazilian club São Paulo FC, he clinched the South American Footballer of the Year award in 1994, and wore the colours of Rome-based Club, AC Roma to his present home at AC Milan. His speed up and down the right flank gave rise to his nickname Cafu, reminiscent of Cafuringa, a legendary Brazilian forward who played in the 1970s. Intrinsically, Cafu suffered the controversy and criticisms so synonymous with the game everybody loves. For the 2002 World Cup, he was stripped of team captaincy by coach, Vanderlei Luxemburgo after he was sent off in a qualifier against Paraguay. Fortunately, the "football gods" worked in his favour and Luxemburgo was not only replaced, but Cafu quickly regained his armband as new captain Emerson suffered a dislocated shoulder. This opportunity marked his most memorable, most celebrated and most outstanding moment of his football career as he raised the trophy when Brazil captured the World Cup.

Looking ahead, Cafu intends to give his best to his current Club and he still has the desire to represent his country at future World Cups. However, as much as his agility and skill deceive the eye, age is s mitigating factor against this goal. Strangely enough, amidst the popularity, glamour and glitter, he sees himself as the ordinary family-loving guy and still enjoys dancing a samba and enjoying a native meal of rice, beans and fried eggs. At age 36, believes he has achieved his most elusive goal in life, which was winning the 2002 World Cup. Nevertheless, his passion is the game, so retirement is not forthcoming!

1. Your most significant accolade in sports?

Winning the World Cup as captain of the Brazilian football team in 2002, and winning back-to-back Copa Libertadores titles win São Paulo FC in 1992 and 1993.

2. Your most memorable moment in sports?

Brazil winning the 2002 World Cup Final!

3. In three words, your recipe for a successful athlete?

Endurance. Willpower. Determination!

4. Your greatest joy?

Playing football!

5. Your secret fear?

Nothing!

6. The best advice you received and from whom?

Keep going at it, you'll be a great footballer one day...my dad!

7. Your most embarrassing moment?

For this visit to Trinidad and Tobago, getting off the 'plane in Antigua by mistake, thinking it was Tobago...I had to catch another flight to Tobago!

8. Your happiest moment?

The day I got married!

9. The biggest turn-on in a woman?

Her smile, since it is what gives the first impression.

10. The biggest turn-off?

Arrogance!

11. The part of your body you like the most?

My abs!

12. The part of your body you would change given the chance?

My short toe nails!

13. After a hard game what or whom relaxes you?

Spending time with my family!

14. The best book you ever read?

It's hard to choose just one, I love to read.

15. Your favourite music?

Pagode-Brazilian music similar to samba.

16. On a second chance what would be your dream profession?

I love being a professional footballer, I'd do it all over again!

17. The one thing most people do not know about you?

If they don't know it then they shouldn't know it!

18. Your pet peeve?

When my sons don't obey me!

19. Your favourite food?

In Italy I love an Italian dish made from pasta and crab, I can't pronounce the name though! And, in Brazil I like our indigenous food which is rice, beans and fried eggs.

20. The athlete you most admire?

Pele.

21. Your secret personality weapon?

I can't say exactly!

22. Your personal credo?

To be afraid to lose makes you not win, when you fight you win!

23. Your most irresistible temptation?

Food, especially a Brazilian desert made from milk, candy and pecans.

24. The one place you would like to visit before you die?

Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean all over again.

25. Your most elusive goal?

I have achieved this goal already Winning the World Cup!

1]; } ?>