April 24, 2024, 03:09:19 PM

Author Topic: SA will put on a great 2010 show – Warner(LOC)  (Read 4313 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
SA will put on a great 2010 show – Warner(LOC)
« on: October 25, 2007, 12:55:08 PM »
SA will put on a great 2010 show – Warner(LOC)
FIFA.com

Thursday 25 October 2007

FIFA Vice President Jack Warner paid a whistle-stop visit to South Africa today to meet with Nelson Mandela, as well as executives of the country's Premier Soccer League (PSL).

During his one-day trip he also went to the SAFA House headquarters of the 2010 FIFA World Cup Organising Committee South Africa (OC) and viewed the construction site of the Soccer City stadium that will host the 2010 opening match and final.

Warner, who has been on the FIFA executive since 1983 and president of the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) since 1990, was given an update on the status of 2010 preparations by the OC.

"I am in South Africa to bond with you guys. You have defied all the critics of doom and gloom. I've been told at every stage that FIFA is quite happy with the work underway in South Africa at the moment. There seem to be no real concerns," Warner said during his visit.

"I can feel 2010 now. I can smell it. I am anxious for it to start and I am very happy I could play some part in bringing the World Cup to South Africa. I know you guys will put on a very good show. You have to prove to the world that Africans can succeed and achieve, that achievement is not only the preserve of Europeans," Warner added.

Warner is currently campaigning to become the Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago (T&T) and arrived in South Africa with a delegation which included Basdeo Panday, with whom he is co-leader of the United National Congress Alliance (UNCA) political party.

Warner is the chairman of the UNCA and is leading the party's campaign to win the November 5 general election in Trinidad and Tobago.

He said the November 25 Preliminary Draw for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in Durban was a good opportunity for South Africa to showcase the country and to highlight the intensive work going into preparing the country for 2010.

"What is important is the amount of media you will have in South Africa for the Preliminary Draw. People can see for themselves the amount of work being done. There are still many doubting Thomases and those doubts will be erased after the Preliminary Draw," said Warner.

The FIFA Vice President was introduced to the country's PSL executive by the Chairman of the Board of the OC, Dr Irvin Khoza.
Asked about his relationship with Dr Khoza, Warner replied that they were "blood brothers".
"He's my brethren. There's nothing in any way negative about our relationship," said Warner.

"Jack Warner was instrumental in bringing this World Cup to our country. The support we have received from him and FIFA President Joseph Blatter has been outstanding. Everything that's happening in our country to prepare for 2010 is testament to them," said Dr Khoza.

The T&T delegation paid a courtesy call on the Nelson Mandela Foundation's Johannesburg offices to see South Africa's revered 89-year-old statesman, a visit Panday described as "inspirational".

They also visited the famous Soweto township and went to Vilakazi Street, which was home to South Africa's Nobel Peace Prize Laureates Mandela and Archbishop Desmond Tutu before returning home after their one-day trip.

Also see: Panday, Warner Head to South Africa on Private Jet
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 01:09:19 PM by E-man »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: SA will put on a great 2010 show – Warner(LOC)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 02:07:17 PM »
"I can feel 2010 now. I can smell it. I am anxious for it to start and I am very happy I could play some part in bringing the World Cup to South Africa. I know you guys will put on a very good show. You have to prove to the world that Africans can succeed and achieve, that achievement is not only the preserve of Europeans," Warner added.

That's the lil grease money what pass and is to pass he smelling and feeling.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack wants to be PM says FIFA
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 11:22:09 PM »

Jack wants to be PM, says FIFA

Juhel Browne jbrowne@trinidadexpress.com

Friday, October 26th 2007

FIFA, the world football governing body, has said that it is United National Congress Alliance chairman Jack Warner who is seeking to become prime minister of Trinidad and Tobago.

FIFA did so on in a report on its official website about Warner's trip to South Africa in his capacity as the body's vice president over the past two days which said he was "leading the party's campaign to win the November 5 general election in Trinidad and Tobago".

"Warner is currently campaigning to become the prime minister of Trinidad and Tobago and arrived in South Africa with a delegation which included Basdeo Panday, with whom he is co-leader of the United National Congress Alliance political party," the FIFA website said.

Panday accompanied Warner on the trip and both are scheduled to return to Trinidad and Tobago early today.

The FIFA website said Warner paid "a whistle-stop visit" to South Africa yesterday to meet with that country's former President Nelson Mandela, as well as executives of the country's Premier Soccer League (PSL) as the country seeks to win the bid to host the FIFA 2010 World Cup.

Warner was also given an update on the status of South Africa's 2010 preparations by its Organising Committee.

He had made no mention of the FIFA aspect of his trip when he announced on Tuesday night that he and Panday were flying out of the country on a private jet early Wednesday morning to go to South Africa to see Mandela.

Warner told UNC Alliance supporters at a public meeting at San Juan on Tuesday night that he and Panday were flying to South Africa to see Mandela.

His announcement raised intense speculation that Warner was meeting with Mandela to try and get him to endorse the UNC Alliance by either visiting Trinidad and Tobago or sending a message of support via video.

Neither Warner nor Panday could be reached on their cell phones Wednesday or yesterday.

The FIFA website confirmed that Warner and Panday paid "a courtesy call" on Mandela at the Johannesburg office of the Nelson Mandela Foundation.

The website said Panday described the visit with Mandela as"inspirational".

The FIFA website said that during his one-day trip Warner "viewed the construction site of the Soccer City stadium that will host the 2010 opening match and final."

In the FIFA report, Warner was quoted as saying: "I am in South Africa to bond with you guys. You have defied all the critics of doom and gloom. I've been told at every stage that FIFA is quite happy with the work underway in South Africa at the moment. There seem to be no real concerns."

FIFA just come out of they hole.
 When Jack ship sink, he going to take the FIFA fleet with him.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
Re: Jack wants to be PM says FIFA
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 01:30:56 AM »
well there you have it! :banginghead:

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 04:00:16 AM »
oh     my      god........................... :-[

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 04:15:18 AM »
It may well be a blessing in disguise if jack is elected as PM, then he could be gone from we football at last. ah hope he takes ROVER  (camps ) wid him together with macomaremancormic and cor-nmeal.  could you imagine another thief in office, like they playing slack in slack out or what, please allow me to rephrase that, slacker in slacker out. could you imagine them two thieves riding shot gun all over the world, looking to tie up ppl foot like poor Mandela, in order for he and his teifing comrad to get they claws on we OIL$, it's just what the country need's, ah bigger smarter crook in JW. like in bramm stoker's DRACULA, when the saddist suck the whole ship dry, well this time is JACKULA wey go be doing the suckin, and if allyuh think dat saddist could suck, wait till jackula suck off the Treasury, he go give dat saddist ah lession in suckin, dey go have tuh change their name from unc to, U N C how dem two dirty tiefing mutha f##kas empty we out and gone  BOOOYYYYY!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 04:34:53 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 06:15:50 AM »
shoot me.shoot me now.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 06:35:25 AM »
where is my "FU#KING FOOTBALL TEAM" ?????
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 07:06:48 AM »
where is my "FU#KING FOOTBALL TEAM" ?????
Jackula say he making too much bread to worry about no stinking football team :devil: :devil:
dat man doh have a fadda oui ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

TrinInfinite

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 10:20:35 AM »
Warner Impressed By PSL Set-Up
football365.co.za

2007-10-26 12:52:17

FIFA Vice-President, Jack Warner was welcomed by PSL chairman Dr. Irvin Khoza, when he visited the League's headquarters in Johannesburg on Thursday.

Politician Basdeo Panday joined his compatriot, Warner, on a visit to former South African President Nelson Mandela, as well as SAFA House.

Khoza thanked the Trinidad and Tobago native for his involvement in bringing the 2010 FIFA World Cup to South Africa, and the African continent, for the first time.

"It is very motivating that you are here in person, and we would like to thank you for demonstrating the confidence and support in our bid to host the 'beautiful games' major showpiece," Dr. Khoza said.

The president of CONCACAF was excited about the prospect of the Soweto derby between Orlando Pirates and Kaizer Chiefs that is set to take place in Durban on November 24, ahead of the official draw for the 2010 World Cup.

Warner continued to compliment the way South African businesses have become involved in the football community, with big sponsorship deals from ABSA and SuperSport set to inject large amounts of money into the local game.

"Professional football does not usually enjoy massive funding support from government, and so has to go out of its way to solicit this on its own, and I'm glad that the PSL has taken advantage of the positive environment partly created by South Africa's hosting of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

"The faith expressed by corporate South Africa in the local professional game does not only augur well for local football, but is also encouraging to the rest of African football," Warner said.

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 09:27:06 PM »
If jack and dem win election? and Jack become we prime minister?  :devil: now we done.yuh might as well bun T&T flat and start over, because it eh go have nuttin left after that. oh gorsh we need new blod in everything boys Football, Politics every frigin ting. is just recycle the old ones goingon. But one ting though, atleast the Caiso and Dem go be sweet. CROCRO and Sugar aloes waiting fuh dem. Look licks. De bull- pistle soaking right now :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 11:46:29 PM »
UNC eh winning no election and if God should fall asleep on nov 5th and dat happen Panday eh givin it to d Tie Tong Tief he just want he money or should I say d Soca warriors money he tief
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 12:02:25 AM »

Scenario 1 : UNC wins election and Panday puts Jack as PM, Panday is really the power and controls Jack.
Jack pumps money into our football ostensibly to relly develop it but at the same time the stealing is astronomical. TT qualifies for WC. So they could steal more.

Scenario 2 : UNC loses the election. PNM wins and decides to pump money into football but not TTFF because is like putting money in Jack pocket.
 Jack decides to stop funding TTFF and the national football team's progam grinds to a halt. No WC qualification..

Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 11:55:53 AM »
Warner: Politics before FIFA duties
Juhel Browne jbrowne@trinidadexpress.com

Saturday, October 27th 2007

United National Congress Alliance chairman Jack Warner says that his role in Trinidad and Tobago politics now takes precedence over his duties as the vice-president of the world's football governing body, Fifa.

"I have decided that country comes first and this shall be my mission, hereafter," Warner said yesterday moments after returning from his whirlwind two-day trip to South Africa.

He has not, however, given any thought to giving up his role as the Fifa vice-president if he wins the Chaguanas seat he is now contesting in the general election on November 5.

"I didn't say give up. I am prepared to reduce my responsibilities in Fifa for the national good," Warner said.

He did so in response to questions from the Express on the issue during a news conference he and his fellow UNC Alliance co-leader Basdeo Panday held at the VIP lounge of the Piarco International Airport after their return just after 6 a.m, yesterday.

Warner had gone to South Africa on official Fifa business but returned to Trinidad and Tobago in time for the launch of the UNC Alliance manifesto yesterday.

"For me, nation comes first. As I sit here today, I am missing the first Fifa executive committee meeting in 25 years. In 25 years, I have not missed a single meeting of the Fifa ex-committee, as I sit here now I am missing that meeting and that should tell you something," Warner said.

He is also the chairman of Fifa's finance committee and said he missed a meeting of that committee while he was in South Africa on Thursday, as it met to review Fifa's annual US$2 billion budget.

As he declared his intentions to put country before Fifa, Warner denied a report which appeared on Fifa's website on Thursday that said he is "currently campaigning to become the Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago" as had been reported by the Express yesterday.

Neither Warner nor Panday made any previous announcement as to whether they had already decided who would be Prime Minister if the UNC Alliance wins the election.

"I have not written Fifa website. I have never read it. I don't know what it says and believe you me, I have repeated that, of course, I have not said anywhere that I am seeking to become Prime Minister," Warner said.

Panday did not appear to be concerned by the Fifa website report.

"Any citizen in Trinidad and Tobago has the right to aspire to be...to the highest office in the land, we shouldn't discriminate against anybody," Panday said.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Fifa official ‘makes up’ visit to Mandela
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 07:24:46 PM »
Fifa official ‘makes up’ visit to Mandela
Buddy Naidu (The Times)

Published:Oct 28, 2007

Jack Warner, the controversial vice-president of world football body Fifa was left red-faced this week after being shown the door by former President Nelson Mandela.

Warner undertook a flying visit to seek Mandela’s endorsement in his bid to become prime minister of Trinidad and Tobago, where general elections are scheduled for November 5.

At an election rally in his home country on Tuesday, Warner told supporters of his party, the United National Congress Alliance, that he and party co-founder, Basdeo Panday, were to meet with Mandela.

But the Sunday Times has established that Warner did not meet Mandela after he refused to sign an agreement that the meeting would not be used for political purposes.

Despite this, media reports in Trinidad and Tobago and the official Fifa website give the impression that Warner had met Mandela.

A Fifa press release said: “Fifa vice-president Jack Warner paid a whistle-stop visit to SA today to meet with Nelson Mandela as well as executives of the country’s Premier Soccer League [PSL].

“The delegation paid a courtesy call on the Nelson Mandela Foundation’s Johannesburg offices to see South Africa’s revered 89-year-old statesman.”

However, only Panday and another other member of Warner’s entourage paid a “brief courtesy call” to the former President.

Mandela’s spokesman, Zelda la Grange, said yesterday: “Mr Warner did not see Mr Mandela as he was not in agreement that Mr Mandela could not be approached to endorse an election campaign or a candidacy.”

She added that there had been “no political discussions” with Panday.

Yesterday the Trinidad and Tobago Express reported that Warner, at the launch of the party’s manifesto at the Mandela Hall in Macoya, also announced that the public was in for a big surprise at the party’s rally next Saturday, where an electronic message from Mandela would be displayed.

Warner has been president of the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football (Concacaf) for almost two decades and has sat on the Fifa executive since 1983.

During last year’s World Cup in Germany he was fingered in a 1-million ticketing scandal and was found guilty of violating Fifa’s code of ethics.

He escaped punishment after a Fifa-sanctioned audit by Ernst & Young but his son, who was the managing director of the travel company, was ordered to repay the money in a secret deal.

http://www.thetimes.co.za/PrintEdition/News/Article.aspx?id=598437

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 03:43:22 PM »
So I see Fifa.com removed the press release from their site.  :devil:

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 04:15:50 PM »
dese 2 fellas so racheffy and corrupt it ent funny nah...they should recruit camps as PM  :devil:

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 04:46:40 PM »
Amazing ...just amazing..................fascinating. Stay tuned.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>