March 28, 2024, 04:17:37 AM

Author Topic: Cupid wants to keep pick on national team.  (Read 2241 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Cupid wants to keep pick on national team.
« on: October 26, 2007, 05:03:49 PM »
Cupid wants to keep pick on national team.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago defender Kern Cupid is setting his sights on maintaining a pick on the National Senior Team well into the 2010 World Cup qualifiers which kick off for this country next June.
Cupid, of W Connection, made his international debut and performed creditably in T&T’s 0-0 draw with El Salvador in San Salvador earlier this month.
He was one of four debutants used by head coach Wim Rijsbergen with the others being CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh attacker Jason Marcano and Defence Force duo Devon Jorsling and Keston Williams.
Cupid experienced first hand the feel of the international stage before a boisterous crowd of Central American fans. And the intensity of the game was notably right up despite the fact that the home team is not rated among the most dangerous in the Central American region.
“From the Pro League and the international stage it’s obviously a big step, the game is a lot faster, a lot more technical and you have to do a lot more thinking. I hope I can bridge that gap a lot faster because I still have a lot to learn. I think we can keep going from strength to strength especially with the inclusion of more experienced players,” Cupid told TTFF Media.
Cupid, who acknowledges W Connection coach Stuart Charles Fevrier for sticking behind him, said he was somewhat surprised to get the national call up.
“It’s a lovely feeling knowing that I made my international debut. It’s always been a dream of mine to play for my country. It was really a pleasant surprise knowing that I was called on the national team ... knowing that all the hard work I put in this season paid off was a brilliant feeling.
“I hoped that I impressed enough to be called again on the national team.” And on that note Cupid is committed to keeping his game intact.“Normally any dedicated footballer will like to work hard knowing that the option of being called on the national team is always there. I’m always one to put my head down, work hard, be humble and patient and there was always something in the making and it came through. Honestly I’m willing to go down that road. It’s every footballers dream to be on the national team. There are a lot of players coming up behind you hopefully wanting to make the team and so the competition is always there. Everybody wants to play and represent the country.
“I always believe that everything happens for a good reason, being called on the senior team is wonderful and I hope that as the qualifiers come around I can keep my form and hopefully be a mainstay on the senior team for time to come and help the team qualify for the World Cup,” Cupid concluded.

View Kern's interview.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 05:25:20 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cupid wants to keep pick on national team.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 10:14:57 PM »
Just work hard ....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>