April 26, 2024, 04:53:38 AM

Author Topic: T&T clubs secure places in Caribbean quarterfinals.  (Read 6308 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T clubs secure places in Caribbean quarterfinals.
« on: November 09, 2007, 04:24:35 PM »
T&T clubs secure places in Caribbean quarterfinals.
By: Flex Mohammed.
[/size]

T&T clubs San Juan Jabloteh and Joe Public both secured their places in the quarterfinals of the 2007 CFU (Caribbean Football Union) Club Championship at the conclusion of the first round stage on Thursday. The Caribbean Tournament, taking place in Trinidad & Tobago, will qualify one team to the 2008 CONCACAF Champions’ Cup™. San Juan Jabloteh finished first in Group A after defeating Aruba’s SV Deportivo Nacional by a score of 5:1 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain. Meanwhile, in Group B action at the Macoya’s Marvin Lee Stadium, Joe Public FC took the top spot following a 7:0 win over SV RCA of Aruba.
The quarterfinals of the 2007 CFU Club Championship will take place on 11 November with the following match-ups: Portmore United vs. Harbour View, San Juan Jabloteh vs. Baltimore de St. Marc at Marabella’s Manny Ramjohn Stadium; Puerto Rico Islanders vs. SV. Leo Victor, Joe Public vs. Bassa at the Marvin Lee Stadium.
The CFU Club Tournament semifinals and final will take place at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on 14 and 16 November, respectively. The Caribbean winner will progress to the 2008 CONCACAF Champions’ Cup™, joining the defending champion Pachuca CF, another Mexican side; D.C. United, one more club from the USA; along with CD Motagua of Honduras, Costa Rica’s Deportivo Saprissa and another Central American club.
Baltimore de St. Marc (Haiti), Joe Public FC (Trinidad & Tobago), Portmore United FC (Jamaica), Puerto Rico Islanders and San Juan Jabloteh (Trinidad & Tobago) all won their respective first round groups and a place in the Caribbean Tournament Quarterfinals, while Bassa SC (Antigua & Barbuda), Harbour View FC (Jamaica) and SV Leo Victor (Surinam) also progressed as the best-second place finishers.

Full Results

San Juan Jabloteh 5 v SV Deportivo Nacional 1, Port of Spain, TRI

Joe Public 7 v SV RCA 0, Macoya, TRI

Portmore United FC 3 v SV Leo Victor 0, Macoya, TRI

Puerto Rico Islanders 5 v Inter Moengotapoe 2, Couva, TRI

Harbour View FC 10 v Sap FC 0, Couva, TRI

Jong Colombia 1 v Bassa SC 4, Point-a-Pierre, TRI

Pinar del Rio 2 v Baltimore de St. Marc 2, Point-a-Pierre, TRI

Quarterfinals

QF1[/b]
11.11.2007 Portmore United FC v Harbour View FC, 15:00, Marabella, TRI

QF2
11.11.2007 Puerto Rico Islanders v SV Leo Victor, 17:00, Macoya, TRI

QF3
11.11.2007 San Juan Jabloteh v Baltimore de St. Marc, 17:00, Marabella, TRI

QF4
11.11.2007 Joe Public FC v Bassa SC, 19:00, Macoya, TRI

Semifinals

SF1

14.11.2007 TBD, 17:00, Port of Spain, TRI

SF2
14.11.2007 TBD, 19:00, Port of Spain, TRI

News Round-Up From - CONCACAF.COM
Public whipping for Racing Club.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).
[/size]

Michael McComie threatened to upstage his players yesterday, curling a shot from atop the penalty area and skimming the opponent's crossbar. The outspoken Joe Public head-coach took just over a 20 minute sweat, as his Eastern Lions ran out facile 7-0 victors over Racing Club of Aruba at the Marvin Lee Stadium on Thursday night, their second win of the CONCACAF Champions Cup Caribbean Zone qualifying series. The victory over Racing Club followed up Tuesday's 5-0 cruise over South East United of Dominica.
Joe Public now advance to the quarter-final stage where they meet Antigua's Bassa FC tomorrow in a 7p.m. quarter-final at the Marvin Lee Stadium. The match is the second of a double-header that also matches Puerto Rico Islanders, a team who play in the United States USISL against Surinam's Leo Victor in the opening 3 p.m. match.
In the game against Racing Club, McComie--with national coach Wim Rijsbergen in the stands, and Joe Public already four goals ahead--came on as a 66th minute substitute for Gregory Richardson, the speedy Guyanese striker. That McComie played outfield is no surprise, since he has been a regular outfield player for Joe Public in the bmobile National Super League over the last three years.
Immediately on coming on, the Joe Public coach picked out Kerry Noray in the Racing penalty area with a pin-point across field cross, before the former national goalie also cracked a 20-metre shot onto the Racing crossbar.
Still, there was no eclipsing Kerry Baptiste's hat-trick (19th, 51st & 78th), a long-range bullet from Lyndon "Chubby" Andrews, Kendall Davis' brace (66th, 90th), or the good work of Noray, who tormented the Arubans all night long on either flank.
Joe Public launched raid after raid from the wide positions, and missed as many goals as they netted. They also had three goals disallowed, the scorers all caught off-side.
Joe Public shot to the front on their artificial surface in the 19th minute, Kerry Baptiste giving them the lead from the penalty spot.
On the half hour, winger Noray breached the right side of the penalty area, squaring the ball towards strikers Davis and Baptiste, who both hesitated a shade too long. Racing later suffered a further setback in the 34th minute, losing captain Maurice Escalona, after a physical confrontation with big Keyeno Thomas. The Joe Public and Trinidad and Tobago defender also got the yellow card for his part in the brief fracas.
Davis, getting rare playing time, should have further extended Joe Public's lead in the 42nd minute. But, the former W Connection striker lazily approached Noray's pin-point cross to the six-metre box and rolled his shot straight at the feet of Jean-Pierre Biezen, the Racing Club goalkeeper.
Two minutes later, Gregory Richardson headed Noray's cross into the Aruban net, but he was adjudged offside by Elmer Bonilla, the referee from El Salvador.
For all their dominance, Joe Public had to settle for just the single-goal lead at the half. But, it did not take long for them to get going on the resumption.
First, Davis was again unlucky to have his goal disallowed for offside, and later he outpaced the defenders, but put his shot wide of the far post.
Finally, Kerry Baptiste got it right in the 51st minute, giving Joe Public a 2-0 lead. It was the easiest of goals, Baptiste putting the ball into an open net from three metres, after a looping ball fell to him. A toddler could have scored it.
Gregory Richardson also had another goal disallowed and the Arubans had a rare look at the Joe Public goal in the 60th when a defensive mix-up allowed Siegmar Valentin to get in a shot. Although wrong-footed, keeper Jacomento Barett still managed to swat the ball away.
"Chubby" Andrews (62nd) then struck from long-range for Joe Public, finding the top of the net with a bullet from the edge of the penalty area, after Baptiste worked a short corner towards him. The fourth came in the 65th, Davis' diving header putting Kendall Jadgeosingh's cross ball into the net.
Baptiste won a penalty when he was brought down in the centre of the penalty area, and converted it in the 78th minute, making the score 5-0 and also completing his hat-trick.
Noray then had Joe Public ahead 6-0 (81st), when he out-paced his marker on the left, got around the advanced keeper, and squeezed the ball in from an acute angle, before Davis got the final goal by burying a low shot into the far corner in the 90th minute. Entertaining? Definitely! But, the match was all to easy for the Eastern Lions.

Joe Public FC: - Awai Shurland, Kerry Noray, Dale Saunders (capt), Lyndon Andrews, Carlos Gonzales (Kendall Davis 35th), Kerry Baptiste, Kendall Jagdeosingh, Seon Power (Larry Bacchus 66th), Gregory Richardson (Michael McComie 66th), Keyeno Thomas, Silas Spann.

Booked: - Thomas 37’, Power 39’

SV RCA: - Jean-Pierre Biejen, Igor Koek (Roberto Paesch 74th), Juan Carlos Huguett, Jesus Paesch, Giovanni Thorde (Charles Grijt 76th), Omar Tromp, Juan Santos Ponce (Eduardo Mayora 69th), Maurice Escalona (capt), Derek Brison, Siegmar Valentin, Johnny Nuboer.

Booked: - Nuboer 16’, J. Paesch 17’, Sent offs: J. Paesch 34’, Nuboer 37’
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 07:00:56 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T clubs secure places in Caribbean quarterfinals.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 08:08:21 PM »
The two Jamaican teams playin each other.
 :rotfl:
Jack strikes again!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 11:13:35 AM »
Jack strikes again!

Actually Baltimore De St Marc is from Haiti, they cant be that bad of a team. In any case they lost (1-0) to San Juan Jabloteh (yesterday) while Joe Public beat Antigua's Bassa SC (4-0). Portmore United lost to Harbour View (2-0) and Puerto Rico Islanders won (7-1) over Surinam's SV Leo Victor.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 12:53:49 PM »
That Puerto Rico teeam is one to watch.  They have been laying otgether in the US sOCCER lEAGUE AGAINST SOME GOD TEAMS.  We'll see how we stack up this time around!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 01:29:03 PM »
Jack strikes again!

like if we doh have enough assness on this forum from the jamaican posters ::)

All Harbour view had to do was beat the Surinam team and win its goup...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 07:13:25 AM »
Joe Public got very good match ups so far, Jack is a boss, he work de schedule good.

The good thing about thing is, Jack Warner did more harm to Joe Public by making them play weaker teams cause when de real callange come they could lose. Same problem we have at international level, play poor opposition and feel we ready and when its time for the real game we get buss up.

Jabloteh played a good Haitian team, nuff big name Haitians play for Baltimore De St Marc... they whole national side, so Jabloteh did great here.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 08:03:51 AM »
Jack strikes again!

Actually Baltimore De St Marc is from Haiti, they cant be that bad of a team.

Why are you tellin me about Baltimore De St. Marc?
Ah talkin about Portmore vs Harbour View.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 12:35:59 PM »
Could any other Caribbean Pro team beat our top PFL teams from T&T? Or have they done it before consistently? As far as I could remember we never really have problems getting out of the Caribbean groups.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Daly

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Historia del Futbol de PR
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 08:33:42 PM »
Could any other Caribbean Pro team beat our top PFL teams from T&T? Or have they done it before consistently? As far as I could remember we never really have problems getting out of the Caribbean groups.

Great question, tomorrow we'll know the answer. ::)
Watch out, I'm coming......

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 11:12:34 AM »

The one time the CFU championships were not held only in T&T,in 2004, but was held in Jamaica, it was an all Jamaican final. HVIEW and Tivoli beat the top two Trini teams in the Semis in two legs. The reason why Trinidad have always been dominant is the fact that it has almost always been held in Trinidad. You can thank Jack for that but I don't think your teams are truly that much ahead of Haitian or Jamaican teams. It is almost alwats set up to allow Trini teams to come through. The day Jack steps down is the day Trinidad football becomes history. You all complain about him alot but he has always given Trinidad the easy roads, thats why yuh reach WC.
Smoke and Fly

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 12:07:38 PM »
LionPaw since apparently you were born yesterday I will excuse you from knowing that T&T has football history pre-Jack Warner, a lot more than Jamaica.
Haiti also has a lot more football history than Jamaica.
Before the mid-nineties Jamaica football was basically non-existent but that shouldn't fool you into thinking that CFU football didn't exist before then.
Do some reading and yuh wouldn't sound like a fool.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 12:16:16 PM »
 :violin:

dis man so sour he cud season a whale, pluss he talkin assness.  :rotfl:

The tournament has taken so many forms is not worth trying to compare year to year; for instance in 2006 NE Stars withdrew  there were no Trini teams, your 2005 triumph was all home and away . 2004 was likewise home and aways but I cud forgive u in thinking that it was played here cuz it was 2 Trini teams in the final. 2003 had 2 final groups one in Trinidad and one in Jamaica and the same was true for 2002 with one in Trinidad and one in Haiti.

Ah cah believe a wase my first post on u.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 12:45:41 PM »

The one time the CFU championships were not held only in T&T,in 2004, but was held in Jamaica, it was an all Jamaican final. HVIEW and Tivoli beat the top two Trini teams in the Semis in two legs. The reason why Trinidad have always been dominant is the fact that it has almost always been held in Trinidad. You can thank Jack for that but I don't think your teams are truly that much ahead of Haitian or Jamaican teams. It is almost alwats set up to allow Trini teams to come through. reach WC.
Man what nonsense yuh talking bout, you remind me of them old jamaicians i met here in the earlies, no body could do it better than ah yardie mentality, that's why most caribbeans and americans can't stand allyuh, you ppl don't give no body in the caribbean an ounce of credit don't you.

well FYI, jack warner did not only help T&T, he also helped you guys aswell, we could've been to the WC way before you got there my friend. if my memory serves me right, there were only two spots in concacaf, and back in 89 and we came 3rd,  jack voted for a 3rd slot in the mid 90ies  and that's what you came in 97 3rd, when you got to france.

yuh know what you come like , the orphan cousin. any thing the kids get the orphaned cousin benifits there by, then he has the nerve to bad talk his uncle and auntie BC he claim he ain't getting enough love from them, and that just BC he's jelous that his parents weren't that well off. jamaiaca is a poor country wid limited resoureses, how the hell allyuh want to dominate in sports when allyuh government can't even feed yuh ppl.

yuh have good athletes ah give yuh dat, but doh act like we and the rest of the caribbean suckin arse behind you. there was a time when jamaica could'nt even win the shell cup, while we was winning it every single year, but we doh hear allyuh talking bout that, only what jack do for we, but wait, ah hope we WC team get the go ahead for the qualifers, ah also want you in we group, so we could knock allyuh out in the first round of qualifying, that aught to shot allyuh up for another 4 yrs.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 08:05:12 PM »

The one time the CFU championships were not held only in T&T,in 2004, but was held in Jamaica, it was an all Jamaican final. HVIEW and Tivoli beat the top two Trini teams in the Semis in two legs. The reason why Trinidad have always been dominant is the fact that it has almost always been held in Trinidad. You can thank Jack for that but I don't think your teams are truly that much ahead of Haitian or Jamaican teams. It is almost alwats set up to allow Trini teams to come through. reach WC.
Man what nonsense yuh talking bout, you remind me of them old jamaicians i met here in the earlies, no body could do it better than ah yardie mentality, that's why most caribbeans and americans can't stand allyuh, you ppl don't give no body in the caribbean an ounce of credit don't you.

well FYI, jack warner did not only help T&T, he also helped you guys aswell, we could've been to the WC way before you got there my friend. if my memory serves me right, there were only two spots in concacaf, and back in 89 and we came 3rd,  jack voted for a 3rd slot in the mid 90ies  and that's what you came in 97 3rd, when you got to france.

yuh know what you come like , the orphan cousin. any thing the kids get the orphaned cousin benifits there by, then he has the nerve to bad talk his uncle and auntie BC he claim he ain't getting enough love from them, and that just BC he's jelous that his parents weren't that well off. jamaiaca is a poor country wid limited resoureses, how the hell allyuh want to dominate in sports when allyuh government can't even feed yuh ppl.

yuh have good athletes ah give yuh dat, but doh act like we and the rest of the caribbean suckin arse behind you. there was a time when jamaica could'nt even win the shell cup, while we was winning it every single year, but we doh hear allyuh talking bout that, only what jack do for we, but wait, ah hope we WC team get the go ahead for the qualifers, ah also want you in we group, so we could knock allyuh out in the first round of qualifying, that aught to shot allyuh up for another 4 yrs.

*gives you an ounce of credit*. Yuh happy now? Dont tek nuttin to heart rasta. I'm jus filling in as the JA version of Big Mag.  :rotfl: @ u being uninformed. U mixin us up with Haiti bredrin. Bout Government cant feed the people. AHAHAHA. Where di fk u get that from? We dont have famine problems out here sonny. We are the 8th richest country in the Caribbean despite being one of the more populated. Only 14% of our population are considered "poor". This is not the 80s bredrin, we overcome dem times long time. U should read a book or two.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 08:08:42 PM by Lionpaw »
Smoke and Fly

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 03:40:16 AM »

well FYI, jack warner did not only help T&T, he also helped you guys aswell, we could've been to the WC way before you got there my friend. if my memory serves me right, there were only two spots in concacaf, and back in 89 and we came 3rd,  jack voted for a 3rd slot in the mid 90ies  and that's what you came in 97 3rd, when you got to france.

*gives you an ounce of credit*. Yuh happy now? Dont tek nuttin to heart rasta. I'm jus filling in as the JA version of Big Mag.  :rotfl: @ u being uninformed. U mixin us up with Haiti bredrin. Bout Government cant feed the people. AHAHAHA. Where di fk u get that from? We dont have famine problems out here sonny. We are the 8th richest country in the Caribbean despite being one of the more populated. Only 14% of our population are considered "poor". This is not the 80s bredrin, we overcome dem times long time. U should read a book or two.
Yuh wrong , i lived between half way tree and salvlamar for about 2 and a half yrs . i went there to study and get caught up in rasta fari business and abandon my studies. i traveled the whole of yard and see some real poverty dread no disrespect, till my head hurt meh, that was in the 80ies for real , but the last time i was there was in 93 and it was pretty much the same. what i could say though , it was far more ritzy than any island i've been to, in the rich area's that is, and far more poor in the poor area's as well.  pretty island though, i loved it .     positive.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 04:26:33 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 02:44:50 PM »
So u talkin about 14 years ago? You prove me point. Catch up pon yuh research mi bredda. Anyways, jah bless sameway.
Smoke and Fly

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 03:10:30 PM »
LionPaw since apparently you were born yesterday

yuh know what you come like , the orphan cousin.

... yuh tink dey could beat this forum for kix.  :rotfl:

1]; } ?>