48 (28.6%)
Yes
42 (25%)
Give him time
63 (37.5%)
Assistant only
15 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 165

Author Topic: Russell Latapy Thread  (Read 247368 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Russell Latapy Thread
« on: August 22, 2005, 02:09:43 PM »
Latapy messages

All messages concerning Latapy's return will be merged to the It is official, LATAPY IS BACK !!! thread. Too many similar posts (regarding Latapy's return) were being created as separate topics.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 09:30:33 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Latapy Factor
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 10:54:51 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_sports?id=99841341

Guatemala coach have big talk considering the three teams dey have to play next.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Latas magic does it again Falkirk3 Hibs 2
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 10:37:44 AM »
Hibernian 2-3 Falkirk
PA

Falkirk produced a stunning second-half comeback to grab a 3-2 win in a pulsating encounter at Easter Road.A double from October young player of the month Darryl Duffy and an Alan Gow strike were enough to cancel out Derek Riordan's first-half brace on an incredible afternoon in the capital.Hibs seemed to be in total control at half-time with a 2-0 lead, but John Hughes' outfit deserve massive credit for the way they battled their way back into the match.A high-tempo start to the second period blew their hosts away and left the home defence panicking at every Falkirk attack.Duffy's winner sealed the win, but how Tony Mowbray's side will rue throwing away the chance to pull themselves 11 points clear of Rangers.The Leith men could not have dreamed of a better start to the match as they took the lead after only 35 seconds with a superb strike from Derek Riordan.Frenchman Guillaume Beuzelin took control of some loose play in the middle of the pitch and tried to pick out Garry O'Connor's run with a looping pass over the top of the visitors' defence.When the ball broke off the Scotland striker's heels and into the path of Riordan, the top scorer had only one thing in mind and he arced a magnificent shot over the despairing dive of Matt Glennon and into the net.Falkirk responded in superb fashion to such an early setback, settling into the game with a spell of possession which eventually saw them carve out chances galore.Stephen O'Donnell and Alan Gow glanced went close and Riordan swerved a shot across goal and wide.O'Donnell kept out Hibs skipper Gary Caldwell's bullet header from Kevin Thomson's corner but, with 32 minutes on the clock, Hibs got a second and it was another from Riordan.Scott Brown, revelling in the game after making his Scotland debut last weekend, was dumped unceremoniously by Tiago in a challenge which earned the Portuguese defender a yellow card.It was a perfect are for Riordan, who curled a sublime shot round the wall and into Glennon's top corner from 25 yards out.Hibs were becoming their own worst enemies at this point, however, as their poor passing from defence put themselves into trouble and Steven Thomson and Darryl Duffy both came close to pulling one back.Falkirk finally got the goal their play deserved in a tremendous opening to the second period.O'Donnell lifted a fantastic cross over the Hibs cover from the left and Duffy, guilty of spurning two glorious chances before the break, made no mistake this time, glancing his volley past Zibi Malkowski.The home side were stunned into action by the goal and poured forward in an effort to restore their two-goal advantage.There was a moment of controversy in the 55th minute as the far-side linesman flagged to signal a breach of the pass-back rules when Matt Glennon lifted a loose ball in his goalmouth.And referee Steve Conroy's failure to agree with his assistant was to prove crucial as Falkirk swept up the field to grab a dramatic equaliser.Duffy turned Gary Caldwell in the centre circle to kick-start a lightning break, with his threaded pass being brilliantly knocked past Malkowski under pressure by Alan Gow.The strike was testament to the Bairns' refusal to give up and was no less than they deserved for a magnificent, whirlwind opening to the second period.Sproule then had a run and shot held by Glennon and Craig Ireland did well to deflect a Derek Riordan shot on the turn round the post.O'Connor, Kevin Thomson and Steven Whittaker saw shots narrowly miss the target as Hibs tried to hit back, but their panicky defence looked likely to gift chances at every turn.Duffy and Riordan both had volleys save as the game continued to rage from end to end, and Falkirk incredibly got themselves in front to cap a wonderful comeback.Substitute Russell Latapy worked some magic on the left flank and cut the ball back for the supporting Kenny Milne.Malkowski appeared have his cross covered but, under pressure from Duffy, appeared to spill the ball against the striker and it ended up in the net.Hibs manager Tony Mowbray threw on Sam Morrow and Dean Shiels in a bid to find a way back into the match and Duffy was denied the chance to grab a hat-trick as he was replaced by Pedro Moutinho.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Send Latas your congratulations & best wishes!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 07:53:05 PM »
One of the kind members of this forum, Ruggy, is the matchday media officer for Falkirk and a good friend of Russell Latapy. He also took the photo that is my avatar.

Given that Russell is now de proud father of a newborn baby (de future magician of T&T football  ;D ), ALL of us on this forum must take de time to send congratulations and best wishes to our beloved hero. Ruggy has offered to deliver these messages personally to Latas himself, so everybody put your blessings on THIS THREAD!! MAKE SURE eh! A big SOCA WARRIOR thanks, Ruggy.  :beermug:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 08:40:49 AM by Tallman »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: SEND LATAS YOUR CONGRATULATIONS & BEST WISHES HERE!!
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 07:59:35 PM »
Congrats Latas and family!!

Blessings in abundance fuh we magician and here's wishing Russell Junior good health, prosperity, and a red, white, & black #10 jersey to wear in 15 years time!!  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 08:05:27 PM »
Many congratulations and richest blessings for your newborn, Russel Junior, Latas!

We are all happy for you & wish him a lifetime of happiness and good health.

Thank you for comin back to the Warriors - in our minds, you never left - to help us to qualify for our first ever World Cup finals. You deserve to feel every piece of joy that our nation has felt.
Keep up the great performances for Falkirk! You are the heart of the Soca Warriors and it will be an honour and a privilege to see you play in Germany.  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline ladywarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 08:07:17 PM »
 What a year it has been for you! Much love to you Russell and write it all down, cherish it so your son can read it and be proud!
The only thing to fear is fear itself.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 08:14:16 PM »

LATAPY JR

GOD BLESSINGS MAGICO........NOW WE HAVE TO FIGHT OFF THE SCOTLAND FA FOR THE LITTLE LITTLE MAGICIAN...AND FIGHT OFF PORTUGAL FOR "JOAO"
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Ruggy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 08:20:37 PM »
You all will have no idea how much this will mean to Russ and his family. This is fantastic!

I will be seeing him on Saturday, but I will hold off on delivering these messages until the 31st December because I want as many people as possible to get a chance to wish him well!

You are a good lot of people!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Send Latas your congratulations & best wishes!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 08:26:40 PM »
Congrats to the Latapy family. From one father to another..there's no greater joy.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2005, 08:40:45 PM »
I know yuh have ah ball hanging from his crib already

congrats all the same

Més que un club.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 09:18:34 PM »
Congrats to my hero. Sir, you have no clue what it means to me that your are back. You're the gift that keeps on givng your magic and wonder...and now you have another miracle in your new born.

I would like to put a short quote of a letter I wrote To a certain Mr. Corneal dated 27/01/05:

".....Now, let me talk about why I am writing. Sir, I do not pretend to be an expert on football or a coach but I do follow as an avid fan both on the local and international level. I strongly believe we can make it to Germany 2006. I write to you to make a simple suggestion. Please work to get Latapy back in our football in some fashion, be it as a player, assistant coach or both. I am not going to make arguments as to why he should be included in any of those capacities as his magic speaks for itself. Its time to bring some of that magic which is clearly recognized outside of Trinidad back home...."
Warrior For Life !!

Offline TnTVillan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 09:29:02 PM »
Congrats Magician. Best wishes and looking forward to seeing you in Germany 2006.

Offline Lil Jodie P

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 09:30:34 PM »
Russ...this has been such a sepctaucluar year...for you and for trinidad and tobago. you did your country proud and now you have a little one to be proud of! congrats man...children are blessings...gifts from God. only good things can come form this! i wish you allthe best and blessings God has to offer. and i hope you dont lose too much sleep staying up with baby....you need your rest too!
Cheers man you did well!!!
FOREVER AND ALWAYS "Little Jodie P" :)

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 09:55:06 PM »
Like the man say in the report that there was a lot of emails pleading for LATAS to give it one more go and I was one of them so I have to say to LATAS and his Family a great big THANK YOU

THANK YOU for coming back for one last hurrah and THANK YOU [/color] for all the years of dedicated service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THANK YOU

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 10:19:20 PM »
cograts latas     :cheers:

nuff blessings....

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2005, 10:58:14 PM »
congrats an your latest addition.obviously yuh able to work magic off d field as well ;). anyway,pleeeeeeeeeeeeease keep fit, because i defininitely want to see you in germany.

as soon as the baby could eat solid food, just make sure he taste ah pelau or a doubles first. no scottish food for he. he need to b healthy and strong fo world cup 2022

take care latas.

bless!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2005, 11:04:36 PM »
as soon as the baby could eat solid food, just make sure he taste ah pelau or a doubles first. no scottish food for he. he need to b healthy and strong fo world cup 2022

take care latas.

bless!!

Warrior Queen..yuh know de ting self.  If not a pelau or doubles, at least a souse or buljol or sumting.  Dem Scots have a ting dey does call Haggis.  Lawd a Mussee.  Jes mek sure de chile eat de trini style fuss eh because if he have Haggis as he fuss real meal....ah tink he Scottish fuh life wee... ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2005, 11:11:12 PM »
A MILLION THANKS Russell. I have been supporting you since 1983 when you played under 16 and every step you have made I have been there.

The day you returned to the soca warriors they got my 115 % support vat included.

Thank you for making 11/16 the happiest day of my 36 years on planet earth.

All the best to the newest magician in ah dey area. 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2005, 11:18:17 PM »
CONGRATS MR. LATAS!!! Nice way to end the year..now you have more to look forward to in the near future, nice way to keep the # 10 Alive in sweet TnT. Also like to wish you and your family a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR 2006. See you in Germany 2006.
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2005, 11:24:37 PM »
as he get teeth, cassava , dasheen an yam one time. go b d strongest baby in d nursery
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2005, 11:30:42 PM »
as he get teeth, cassava , dasheen an yam one time. go b d strongest baby in d nursery
:rotfl:

Also some Oil dong and callalaoo with pig foot
Warrior For Life !!

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2005, 12:31:11 AM »
Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy. May God bless, guide and protect him. Hope mom and baby are doing well.

Offline Kenny

• New Warrior
  • T&TSC, Tartan Army branch
    • View Profile
    • Raskol Records
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2005, 02:57:54 AM »

LATAPY JR

GOD BLESSINGS MAGICO........NOW WE HAVE TO FIGHT OFF THE SCOTLAND FA FOR THE LITTLE LITTLE MAGICIAN...AND FIGHT OFF PORTUGAL FOR "JOAO"

Haha, go on, please can we have him? ;D :P

Congratulations, Russell, but give the Dons a rest next time Falkirk play us, eh? :beermug:

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2005, 03:20:16 AM »
Immediately sign dat child up with the TTFF; leh meh see World cup 2018? doh leh dat  boy get confused like Zamora and Jloyd. Let the birth rights go to TTFF.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2005, 04:54:07 AM »
dat child will be breakin up d house wit some in no time better make sure an tell him to only juggle with his eyes closed OUTSIDE.  :rotfl:   

congrats Russel!!  :beermug:
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2005, 07:15:46 AM »
Congratulations and blessings to Latas and the family, for the new addition to the family.

Thanks for coming back to play for T&T.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2005, 07:38:44 AM »
Blessings and Guidance to the Latapy clan. We have a young magician to groom . Lattas I hope that the chile go play for Trini if he good........ ;D

Congrats Russell , do yuh thing breds

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2005, 08:55:15 AM »
Yeah Latas way to go by keeping the bloodline running. Wish family the blessings you all deserve ENT!
All American

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2005, 09:06:04 AM »
I just want to say seasons greetings to Russell and his family. Congrats on tour your baby boy and also for helping us reach the world cup. May God continue to richly bless you.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

1]; } ?>