April 19, 2024, 02:40:55 PM

Author Topic: Warner: 2008 a hectic year for football.  (Read 6571 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner: 2008 a hectic year for football.
« on: November 19, 2007, 03:05:06 PM »
Warner: 2008 a hectic year for football.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation Special Advisor Jack Warner says planning of international friendlies for this country’s National Senior Team will receive further attention following the draw for the 2010 World Cup qualifying preliminary round which takes place in Durban on Sunday. Warner was speaking following the TTFF’s Annual General Meeting at the Dr Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence on Sunday.
Warner addressed some matters including the continuation of the National Under 17 team from the recent FIFA Under 17 World Championship in South Korea, the preparations of the Senior Team for 2010 World Cup and the celebrations of the TTFF’s centennial year which he said could see an international game against Germany’s National Team and a visit by FIFA President Sepp Blatter.
“Next year will be the 100th anniversary of the TTFF and they have formed a centennial celebrations committee under the chairmanship of Kenny De Silva and the CEO will be Mr Pater O’Connor. We decided this (Sunday) morning that all the events next year will be part of the centennial celebrations. Mr Blatter has agreed to come for the centennial dinner and we will also have matches to commemorate this with possibly Germany. We will also have a Caribbean Under 16 competition for Girls and Boys next year. We will also have events involving our regional association and to ensure all arms of football play some functional role to mark role in the celebrations,” Warner told TTFF Media.
Warner added that the 2008 programme will be a hectic one and he remains confident of the country’s chances in the 2010 World Cup qualifying bid.
“Our first World Cup qualifying  match will be in June and it will be a very big affair. We hope to also have our Caribbean colleagues to take part in the events because this is a milestone.
“We have the capacity and ability to qualify again for 2010 once we get our act together. I have extreme confidence that we shall do it. I have told the Football Federation to let their politics work for them. If they do that they should have  very good  working relationship with the Government and the Ministry of Sport to make sure the assistance that they need… they have  it on an ongoing basis. I repeat the Federation alone cannot do it. It has to be a collective responsibility of the Federation, business (and)  definitely the Government,” Warner said.
He further stated that there will be review of national team staff members as well as a program which will see the Under 17 players graduate to the Under 20 level. Aside from that the TTFF continues to embark on the development of coaches through its coaching license programmes and local participants continue to attend the different workshops hosted by FIFA/CONCACAF.
“We did say we will keep that team together and it shall form the nucleus of our Under 20 team. There will be  screening for these teams at the youth level after Carnival in February and there will be reviews of staff members and the selection process will take place for the various teams. ”
Warner added that serious emphasis will be placed on the development of officials in the various areas of the local game with an eye on ensuring that T&T is represented on CONCACAF and FIFA committees.
“We have to have a special meeting where we shall look very candidly… objectively to see how we can fill the leadership void that exists at all levels as  this is now in short supply. This will be done at our retreat on December 2. I give you the assurance that the Referees Assistance programme which FIFA has approved and which CONCACAF will institutionalize next year shall also benefit our referees here because generally speaking refereeing in CONCACAF and particularly in the Caribbean is at a very low level,” Warner added.

View Jack Warner Interview.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 05:20:37 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Warner: 2008 a hectic year for football
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 03:31:02 PM »
We got video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTrSyLWXMYA you can see who's there and who isn't

once we get our act together.

At least he implicitly admits they don't have their act together

Also Camps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjjRmwUr2dU
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 03:35:24 PM by E-man »

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 03:41:37 PM »
Somebody put this man out of his misery, good lawd he sounding very incoherent and it come across like mumbo jumbo.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 04:03:22 PM »
Shaun: It's no secret a lot of questions have been raised in the past during your tenure that continue to be raised. And I'm sure they come quite forward to you as well, your input into the running of the federation, the national team and its whereabouts,  and how things transpire. Are you quite pleased that you are able to, you know, make a significant contribution and can continue doing so?

Camps: "Well, as you know I am not employed by the association so this is actually at my ... uh ... I give my time, my work time, to an extent and I have to thank uh my [unintelligible] time they give me to do this. I'm sure that in the future they will have to have an executive president because there is a lot of work to do on football in Trinidad."

Shaun: And finally, your run unopposed again shows squarely that the people who are actually involved in the football, they seem to be quite satisfied with the way things have been going?

Camps: Well, I am very happy that they are satisfied ....[not very intelligible]

Shaun: Yet, though, the federation in particular coming off of World Cup 2006 campaign continues to face a lot of challenges. You can't get away from that. And how is the federation under the guidance of the special adviser and other members prepared to take on the challenges?

Camps: Oh yes we are indeed quite aware of the fact that we need to strengthen and as a result of this we are having a retreat on December 2nd where we have all our officers and people who are connected in all forms and fashion to football to sit down and figure ... look at what has happened in the past and ways we can strengthen our football.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 04:11:10 PM »
Translation: The Government plan eh work out....so i hadda find a nex way to get money. As it is now....World Cup....

Damn ass.
It go be hectic....everybody playing friendly and about 3 international windows come and gone and nothing get done. Blacklist some of our better players...and eh even have any serious plan in place to replace the set dat so far behind the curve. Buh now want to come and make plans like he so flipmode concerned. So now we basically hadda start from scratch....and everybody leave the blocks already...and he now realise dat is almost 2008...and we hadda prepare to qualify.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 04:14:23 PM »
Steups. See wha does get me vex?

Camps: "Well, as you know I am not employed by the association so this is actually at my ... uh ... I give my time, my work time, to an extent and I have to thank uh my [unintelligible] time they give me to do this. I'm sure that in the future they will have to have an executive president because there is a lot of work to do on football in Trinidad."

Shaun: And finally, your run unopposed again shows squarely that the people who are actually involved in the football, they seem to be quite satisfied with the way things have been going?

Camps: Well, I am very happy that they are satisfied ....[not very intelligible]

Who really and truly could be satisfied with how things going now? And if yuh not employed by the federation...whas your real role and purpose? Steups.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 04:33:58 PM »
well i glad to see dey have a women tournament for once

Somebody put this man out of his misery, good lawd he sounding very incoherent and it come across like mumbo jumbo.

grskywalker u sugesting a mercy killing for him  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 04:34:41 PM »
well i glad to see dey have a women tournament for once

grskywalker u sugesting a mercy killing for him  :devil:

Have mercy on we football yuh mean.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 04:41:20 PM »
Ah go buy the garlic and help make the wooden stakes. Somebody else could get the holy water and the silver bullets.  :devil:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner: 2008 a hectic year for football.
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 06:00:19 PM »
Camps: Oh yes we are indeed quite aware of the fact that we need to strengthen and as a result of this we are having a retreat on December 2nd where we have all our officers and people who are connected in all forms and fashion to football to sit down and figure ... look at what has happened in the past and ways we can strengthen our football.

Looks like me and Shaka had better clear our diaries for 2nd December and await our invitation. ::)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 11:41:58 PM »
FPATT

That is a sunday yuh betta go to church and pray 4 that invitation
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 05:28:12 AM »
Dem planning to celebrate 100 years of football.....what de hell it have to celebrate??!!....

ssssssstttteeeeuuuuuppssss!!!!.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 05:31:17 AM »
FPATT
That is a sunday yuh betta go to church and pray 4 that invitation
ya say is ah Sunday
den de TTFF better make it ah retreat where they perform ah exorcism on Jackula oui
day need to exorcise all dat $173 million TT Money out of him :devil:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 05:35:28 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 05:58:19 AM »
Go to hell Jack.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 09:03:35 AM »
Dem planning to celebrate 100 years of football.....what de hell it have to celebrate??!!....

That was my next comment, YES LET'S CELEBRATE HOW WE SCREWED THE PUBLIC WITH TICKET SCANDALS, BLACKLIST ALL OUR PROESSIONAL PLAYERS, RUN THE FEDERATION INTO BANKRUPTCY, DO NOTHING TO CREATE REVENUE, THROW TEAMS INTO TOURNAMNETS UNPREPARED, YES LET'S CELEBRATE HOW WE STUCK TO OUR GUNS THIS SUMMER AT THE GOLD CUP AND WATCH OUR TEAM GET ELIMINATED AGAIN and the list goes on

Please add your "things to celebrate" as  I plan on publishing a letter to the editors

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2007, 10:25:50 AM »
These were two wasted interviews.  Why not ask the the tough questions?  Like,

What is the status of our blackisted senior players?
Does the TTFF have any plans to use them whether or not they win the case?
Why do we have to wait until next year to start preparing for the WC quaiifying all of our competitiors have been invloved in a host of friendlies already?
The TTFF always seem to speak inthe future tense, but what is happening now?
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2007, 11:17:52 AM »

That was my next comment, YES LET'S CELEBRATE HOW WE SCREWED THE PUBLIC WITH TICKET SCANDALS, BLACKLIST ALL OUR PROESSIONAL PLAYERS, RUN THE FEDERATION INTO BANKRUPTCY, DO NOTHING TO CREATE REVENUE, THROW TEAMS INTO TOURNAMNETS UNPREPARED, YES LET'S CELEBRATE HOW WE STUCK TO OUR GUNS THIS SUMMER AT THE GOLD CUP AND WATCH OUR TEAM GET ELIMINATED AGAIN and the list goes on

Please add your "things to celebrate" as  I plan on publishing a letter to the editors

We could celebrate a TTFF constitution that allows an ineffective administration to continue to run we football for ever and ever amen......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2007, 11:36:31 AM »
Here we go again,every time Jack Warner/TTFF come up you keep hearing the same stories and complaints but never hear any one trying to solve any thing,even who try some how don't get far.What i want to know is does any one have any answeres to what's going on with our Football and willing to impliment and act on them? look at how many years it took to build/reach where we are don't expect that to change over night,if we want to make changes i guess we should join because being on the outside you stand no chance,i would like some of you guys to attend a TTFF meeting,i don't know for now but in the past when i attended meetings they would last for hours and never got any where,people used to walk out when decisions could not be made.All i want to say is after one hundred years and we are still standing there must be something good we have been doing.      

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2007, 02:19:57 PM »
here is my answer Coops  "A BLOODLESS COUP"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2007, 04:03:26 PM »
Good Evening Guys,
                             Everybody, including myself real fustrated. It would have been real nice to celebrate 100 yrs in a big way after the Warriors exploits in Germany. But this celebration will be luke-warm because of the present situation. It is good to see TT football still hanging by a thread after 100 yrs.  Coops is saying we should stop being on the onside and join in to make the changes we all arre clamouring for. Well, we on the outside. They would not allow the "foreign" elements to have any measure of effectiveness when it comes to the TTFF policies. Even the people who went back home still on the outside. My take on this that we have  make people aware of the way the current constitution is setup. There is no way Warner and his friends can be move out. Imagine Camps was re-elected unopposed. None of us knew of the elections of officers were going to take place. Then the report is that the Central and Eastern Assoc.  nominate Camps. Where are the clubs in this situation. The clubs have no role in the actual running of football. The various association are the ones who vote. Jack has all of them in his pocket. Unless the members of the associations take courage and  vote against Jack we are in for very long haul. I don't see them voting against him. He is there bread and butter.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2007, 05:57:40 PM »
If we cyah get de info from S Fuentes, Scamps, Rodent or Jackula or anybody else who may have something to hide, then we need to geh some other insider to jess tell us when the blinkin' meetings are and where/when supposedly is the last-minute venue and time changes ... or other tactics, so mankind could attend and listen and strategize.

So anybody out there, (maybe Skeene and Romany might know) when is the next meetng and the others. Daiz all. Nutten more.

Later, ... who are the guys in the different associations that Jackula allegedly has in his pocket.
But fuss tings first.  >:(
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 06:13:39 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 11:05:55 PM »
Coops how can u do something when u eh know where d meeting is. Andre say he knew it was last weekend but no venue
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2007, 04:14:39 AM »
Papayo!
The public needs to know this. De meeting is a secret orwah! What so dey have to hide?
Dis is Trinidad in trute?  :o
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>