April 25, 2024, 10:44:15 AM

Author Topic: Jlloyd Samuel What is the Status?  (Read 21876 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Jlloyd Samuel What is the Status?
« on: July 20, 2005, 10:25:22 PM »
 What is the status with this man? I know he has not come forward and indicated an interest in playing for TNT? Has he ever been approached lately? He represented England; is he eligible to represent TNT? What is the history of talks with this player? De man is ah left back too!!!!!!!!!!
Oh gosh some one in TTFF time fuh humility? I eh sure we could wait and just have man call and indicate they want tuh represent; ah mena look how we dicovered Chris Birchall? was anyone activiely pursuing Birchall prior to the QUESTION WHICH ROCKED TNT FOOTBALL?? "Is your mum Trini" Good yuh go hear from we!!!!!

Jlloyd Samuel 
Club: Aston Villa

Shirt Number: 3

Position: Defender

Date of Birth: March 29, 1981

Birthplace: Trinidad  
Height: 5' 11''

Weight: 11.4

Seen as a star of the future at Aston Villa, JLloyd came through the YTS trainee scheme and was given his first professional contract at the beginning of the 1999/2000 season.
He made his first appearances in the first team at the end of the season as cover for Gareth Southgate, but is comfortable anywhere across the back four. His debut came in a 5-0 thrashing of Chester City in the League Cup.

The defender made a handful of further appearances before joining First Division Gillingham on loan in October 2001. He played eight games for the Gills.

On his return he finally earned a run in the Villa first team. Although he may have looked green at times, the England Under-21 international showed enough promise to keep a player like Alan Wright out of the side.

His performances earned him an extended contract at Villa Park.

Samuel only missed out on the European Under-21 Championships due to a groin injury.

He became a regular under Graham Taylor in the 2002/03 campaign, although he looked far from assured in the Premiership.

When David O'Leary took over in the summer of 2003 there were doubt about his long-term future at Villa Park, but how silenced the critics.

The Trinidadian player was one of the best left-backs in the Premiership in 2003/04, picking up his first full England cap in the friendly with Sweden in March.
His driving style and willingness to get forward is very similar to Ashley Cole and Wayne Bridge although he remains behind them in the England pecking order.

He signed a new Villa contract in November of the season, keeping him at the club until 2007. He also made his 100th Villa appearance that term.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jlloyd Samuel What is the Status?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 06:22:02 AM »
 The reason they say "trinidadian" becuase he was born in trinidad
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 06:22:28 AM »
BUT England remains his first choice
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 06:28:55 AM »
He pregnant for Zamora and Latapy is de doctor.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 07:37:20 AM »
OH JESUS CHRIST!!! How much times we must go over this????!!!!

Alberta, de amount of post you does post yuh would think you woulda be on top of every topic for the past few months... I have had to post on this topic no less than 3 times arready....

Lets Review...
Soccernet has it wrong... he never got off de bench for England in that Sweden game.. thus is eligible for Trini.... However the last time he was in Trinidad... de man say he first choice is England... TALK DONE!!!!

I eh saying ah nodder word on de topic
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 07:55:58 AM »
OH JESUS CHRIST!!! How much times we must go over this????!!!!

Alberta, de amount of post you does post yuh would think you woulda be on top of every topic for the past few months... I have had to post on this topic no less than 3 times arready....

Lets Review...
Soccernet has it wrong... he never got off de bench for England in that Sweden game.. thus is eligible for Trini.... However the last time he was in Trinidad... de man say he first choice is England... TALK DONE!!!!

I eh saying ah nodder word on de topic

FF yuh read meh blasted mind....could we  ban dis topic for the next few months.

A fed up hearing about it...and I certainly don't bother to respond anymore.

We should ban such a post for the next 12 months....it getting tedious...

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 08:02:51 AM »
FF,
Ah hear yuh. I  respect the frustrations  generated by the topic . I am aware of past posting on the topic. On the other hand, I simply asked the question as to the present state of  our thinking with regards to player avaliability, intent and status of any player who may qualify to play for us.

Given the 'Open Door' policy we have indicated to  players who show a desire to represent TNT, I wanted to know if presently, a player of this calibre would even rethink the possibility of playing for TNT. That's all.
  Please indulge my patience and sometimes ignorance.

"Please feel free to post an article or ask question(s) on football, the players or just give us your views on any games"
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 08:06:12 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 08:13:07 AM »
lol, alyuh is real kix!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2005, 08:19:25 AM »
FF,
Ah hear yuh. I  respect the frustrations  generated by the topic . I am aware of past posting on the topic. On the other hand, I simply asked the question as to the present state of  our thinking with regards to player avaliability, intent and status of any player who may qualify to play for us.

Given the 'Open Door' policy we have indicated to  players who show a desire to represent TNT, I wanted to know if presently, a player of this calibre would even rethink the possibility of playing for TNT. That's all.
  Please indulge my patience and sometimes ignorance.

"Please feel free to post an article or ask question(s) on football, the players or just give us your views on any games"

Well Alberta alright I see where you coming from...
Personally... I don't believe in "hounding" down man to play for TnT... ask them once... and in this case if he say england is he first choice... fine... Just keep in touch for when england don't come knocking ...e.g Shaka
But don't run down de man....

Honestly though... out of all de potential foreign-born/bred we have out dey... I covet J'lloyd Samuel the most... I have seen him play week in and week out for Aston Villa and he would go a long way in solving our Left-side crisis... He is a very attacking full-back ala Ashley Cole... Put him in front of Avery John on tha left side and we might be virtually impregnable down tha wing... he has great speed and recovery but not wild like Cyd Gray... He could cross ah ball and dribble his marker.... also comes with that English never say die hustle like Birchall...
I wish tomorrow he come and say he always love Trinidad and don't know what he was thinking all this time and make he self available for training one time... but lewee face facts... that ent happening right now... so we going with two of Avery/Theobald/Tiger/Rojas/Wolfe/Samuel/Glen on tha left

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2005, 08:27:35 AM »
FF ,
 Thanks for the insights  on this player. True dat with what you said about our peresent players; we have tuh go with the players who are committed to playing for us. The man would be a good addition but ah guess we also have to  resign ourselves to the fact that certaing players or people have the prejorative to  say yes or no to  TNT request.

Interesting though, when I look at a player like Chris Birchall, a man who eh even born here, never been to TNT,   and he comes out and gives all he can for the country, it makes me wonder about  players like Samuel.

I could see from  articles written  about him that he has  indicated a desire to represent England ; The man in one article rooms with a player Vassieus(sp) who plays on the English squad or who has represented England  before. I am getting a sense of where a player of this calibre is coming from. I may not like it but a have tuh respect it. We need tuh get dem men some real 'trini' guyal and whine down dey arse back tuh a trini reality!!!!!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2005, 08:46:42 AM »
two more to go Alberta the countdown is on.  Make dem last two posts looooooooooooooong

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2005, 08:55:51 AM »
two more to go Alberta the countdown is on.  Make dem last two posts looooooooooooooong

alberta....yuh going where no poster has gone before!....up up and away!!

arrow, when we go get so big? lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Jlloyd Samuel
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2005, 08:05:56 AM »
I knew this sort of thing was inevitable.

FOXsport.com

Monday's Miserable Gossip

Burley wants Bobic, no-one wants the Ireland job. Plus all the rest...

BOBIC IN HEARTS MOVE
Former Germany international Fredi Bobic is currently training with Hearts with a view to a deal at the Edinburgh club. Bobic said: "George Burley asked me to train with Hearts and, over the next few days, they will see what I have to offer."
NO-ONE WANTS IRELAND JOB
According to The Independent, Sir Bobby Robson has joined David O'Leary and Martin O'Neill in ruling himself out of the soon-to-be-vacant Republic of Ireland manager's job.

BORO CHASES BLUES TARGET
Middlesbrough have joined the chase for Austrian defender Paul Scharner, say The Daily Mirror. The Brann Bergen player, wanted by Steve Bruce, would cost around £2m.

AND THE REST
Aston Villa defender Jlloyd Samuel could opt to play for Trinidad and Tobago...Alan Rogers is close to signing for his old boss Micky Adams at Coventry...West Brom have told Riccardo Scimeca he can leave on a free

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jlloyd Samuel
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2005, 08:09:12 AM »
well i have to say if they choose him to play for trinidad, i will loose alot of respect for the people who allow that to happen.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2005, 08:11:06 AM »
I would not like that at all either if they pick him up, but I rather they pick up he than Zamora cause I just doh like he at all.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2005, 08:17:55 AM »
FACK him!!!!

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2005, 08:19:06 AM »
Why should he not opt to play for Trinidad?  Just like anybody else, he will have to show Beenine what he have on the field.  If he good enough we keep him.  If he is not, we tell him no thanks.

It eh have nuttin to do with how he say no all along and now he want to play.  The man have a right to say yes when he want, just like Beenie have the right to select him or not based on merit.

I say let J'Lloyd, Zamora, Tony Warner and whoever else has Trini roots come and push for spots on the team.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2005, 08:19:28 AM »
If he helps us by playing against Bahrain both games then no problem.... but if we qualify we SHOULD not accept him even if he comes beging... same for Zamora....

But if we deny him I wouldn't mind either, because he had his chance.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2005, 08:20:14 AM »
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK OOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Offline concerned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2005, 08:21:19 AM »
Guys...we need that attacking wingback and dept ......I say take him....come on, its for T&T

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2005, 08:22:53 AM »
FACK him!!!!

Me eh know bout allyuh but I go take J'lloyd.... we need depth on de left... that is we weakest area....

The man had ah bigger case than Shaka to hold out for England and look how we love Shaka now... allyuh think about it..... Shaka grow up all he life in Trinidad and play with Yorke Latas etc... and still cut style....

Jlloyd grow up all he life in England ... was recently called up to de team.... but he still have love for Trini... according to Rodney or one of de other UK posters... I think we should welcome him....

Zamora... I eh know... he jus rub me de wrong way... i eh think he have a chance to play for England anyway... We have enough strikers

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2005, 08:27:46 AM »
lol trini roots, mr samuel probly doesnt even know where trinidad is on a map. i dont tink he even knows what soca is. to play for this country u must have passion, he has none. he is trini born thats whats so sad about it, but whatever every 1 has thier opinion. but as Sando said de only way if at all would be if he came and played against bahrain it would still turn my stomach.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2005, 08:29:21 AM »
I would take JLloyd in a timing, provided we put him through his paces.

But this is typical tabloid gossip.

Trinidad and Tobage close to qualifying
JLioyd was born in Trinidad and Tobage
Therefore JLloyd want to play for Trinidad and Tobago

Pure speculation. Who knows their source is probably this message board.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2005, 08:33:01 AM »
I would leave that decision up to Beenie. He has been using good judgement thus far and if he feels the team would be much improved with Jlloyd or Zamora I  don't have a problem with it. They didn't really turn their back on T&T they just never accepted the invitations.

Many here believed that Latapy and Yorke turned their backs on the country in the Middle of qualification. Many others said they would never want to see them play for the country again, including Jack Warner. I remember hearing Jack on the radio saying he never wanted Yorke on the team and that Yorke is not the Yorke he knew. Others on here probably even cuss Latapy in dey sleep.

Latapy himself in this campaign said he no longer could contribute and there was a big deal about him wanting all that money.

Look at where Latapy and Yorke is now. And they showing the kind of commitment and desire we need to see.

I see no difference with fellas who T&T didn't even have anything to do with their football up to this point, saying no, or not at this time.

If beenie thinks they would add something to the team and they show the kind of commitment the Yorke showing now, I say bring them in.
It just makes sense. But they should step up before the next game against Bahrain. Look at it without emotion cause if they commited they could be around for more than one World Cup.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2005, 08:34:55 AM »
lol trini roots, mr samuel probly doesnt even know where trinidad is on a map. i dont tink he even knows what soca is. to play for this country u must have passion, he has none. he is trini born thats whats so sad about it, but whatever every 1 has thier opinion. but as Sando said de only way if at all would be if he came and played against bahrain it would still turn my stomach.

Pioneer ... Samuel was in Trinidad like two years ago and was interviewed....

according to Rodney dey had him on de UK version of Cribs and he was rocking Soca Music and had ah big TnT flag up on he house... so I think he hold on to his roots... dat said de man is ah English citizen... grow up dey all he life... idolise dey players etc etc... he musbe torn between who to play for with England having de advantage being ah World Class side....

put yuhself in he shoes.... I think he could add to de side... but ah wouldnt bench Avery jus so though

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2005, 08:35:24 AM »
YahooSports UK

you can read the whole story on this link http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/051013/46/ean9.html

Jlloyd Samuel

Samuel has lost his place in David O'Leary's first team to Holland international Wilfred Bouma, but is determined to win his spot back in time to make a charge to play at the World Cup. But rather than represent England, for whom Samuel has played at Under-21 level, the defender might choose his country of birth Trinidad and Tobago.

He said: "It was good to see England qualify for the World Cup this week and I still believe there are places up for grabs in the squad. And it's up to me to play well for Villa to put myself in with a chance of making it.

"I was also delighted to see Trinidad and Tobago qualify for a World Cup play-off against Bahrain last night. To beat Mexico 2-1 is no mean feat and it's great to see them doing so well. I follow their results because I was born there, and if they get through to the World Cup proper it would be amazing.

"I'm still eligible to play for them, and you never know what might happen. Football is a funny game as they always say. It's a possibility that I could play for them, but I want to start playing again for Villa first. Then we'll go from there.

"My old team-mate Dwight Yorke still plays for Trinidad and Tobago. I've not spoken to him for a while, but I used to clean his boots when I was younger and he talked to me a lot about playing for them. But I need to get my career back on track before I can really think about international football."

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2005, 08:35:37 AM »
Fellas listen... this is not a tea party.  Eh have no place for courtesy and teaching morals here.  This is professional sports.

Ok, J'Lloyd and Zamora say no before.  That means we must not let them join the team now if they can add to the strength of the red, black and white?

Allyuh fellas too emotional boy.  So if allyuh say "no! 4 Q!" what we accomplish?  Allyuh feel better inside?  And on the field we miss out on the running, prolific striker we have always been talking about to partner with Stern, as well as a quality natural left footer who can play either left back or left midfield.

That is wht Beenie man do a better job than any local coach.  He cold, calculating and unemotional.  He have no ties to T&T, eh know nobody, doh care, and come in making hard decisions based on the MERIT of the players he sees.  So while allyuh fuss and cuss about "no" and "doh take them, they didn't want we before", hear what Beenie studying, "this young man J'Lloyd Samuel may be the answer to our need for a left sided midfielder" and "what a nice counter punch to Stern this guy Bobby Zamora can be."

So allyuh fuss and fight and carry on emotional.  Recognize that with an assasin of a coach like Beenie, it eh have no favorites, or big names or emotion.  Angus the captain get drop.  Anton Pierre get drop in the earlies.  Man whey Bertille never like like Whitley get a chance to show what they have.  Latas had to prove he could do it in practice before making the team.  And same way, if you with the team whole qualifiers and a next man come in just so for the World Cup and he better than you or more useful than you, you a$$ getting drop easy easy.

Carry on fellas.  Set ah novices.  Let the best men play.  Eh have no emotion here.  J'Lloyd and Zamora (when he is ready) will get a chance to represent Trinidad and Tobago.  If they make the team will be up to Beenie.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2005, 08:41:57 AM »
I would take JLloyd in a timing, provided we put him through his paces.

But this is typical tabloid gossip.

Trinidad and Tobage close to qualifying
JLioyd was born in Trinidad and Tobage
Therefore JLloyd want to play for Trinidad and Tobago

Pure speculation. Who knows their source is probably this message board.

I don't think it is pure speculation.
My cousin lives in London and heard this and asked me if I heard anything on that, my cousin born and bred in England and he and all think we should blank Jlloyd Samuel.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 09:00:27 AM by Jayerson »

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2005, 08:43:10 AM »
This is all speculation rite now.
Personally, I woulda say no out of principle.
Profesionally and the bigger picture, anyone who qualifies to play for T&T and REALLY WANTS TO DO THAT should be given a chance.
The cause and country is bigger than the personal feelings.
If he can come in and cause competition and who knows, may even settle on the left midfield wing with Blade Man Avery behind him, it  will strengthen us indeed, as Jloyd can attack good.
We must always aim to improve.

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2005, 08:47:35 AM »
   Samuel used to clean Yorke's boots and he eh even know that Yorke is our captain? Bring him we could always do with a boot cleaner to clean Latas and everyone else's boots. If he does well at boot cleaning we can give him a run with some water bottles. After that we can see him practice with the team if he is still interested. If not run him. If he proves passion then yes, give him a try. If not no love lost, because he never really had any love gained here anyway hahha.  :rotfl:

Jason.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

1]; } ?>