April 28, 2024, 11:01:16 AM

Author Topic: Local All Stars equal Paranaense but loose 9-10 on penalties.  (Read 5827 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Local All Stars equal Paranaense but loose 9-10 on penalties.
« on: December 01, 2007, 08:25:48 AM »
LAS equal Paranaense but loose 9-10 on penalties.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).
[/size]

The Local All Stars (LAS) led by Trent Noel matched their Brazilian opponents Clube Atletico Paranaense stride for stride in the second match of a double header at the Hasely Crawford Stadium but lost on penalties 9-10 after eleven kicks.
LAS seemed to have given away win in their first Shaka Hislop Tribute Cup match after second half substitute Devon Jorsling failed to convert a penalty in the dying stages.
It was his Defence Force teammate Kevon Carter who won a penalty in the closing minute of added on time but Jorsling failed to beat goalkeeper Vagner Da Silva who pulled off a magnificent save.
Local All Stars had the first half advantage of 1-0 when San Juan Jabloteh and FAS captain Trent Noel latched onto an Andre Toussaint pass to blast the ball past goalkeeper Da Silva in the 42nd minute.
It was a keenly contested first half and in the first twenty minutes of play the only try on goal came in the 8th minute when Regerio De Assis Silva Coutihno rifled low and hard from distance forcing goalkeeper Marvin Phillip to push it out for a corner as a precautionary measure.
Phillip who was outstanding throughout the first half was called to action again in the 25th pulling off a brilliant save keeping out Rodrigo Crasso Cordeiro’s effort.
In the 28th minute LAS had what was their first shot on target when San Juan Jabloteh’s Cyd Gray flicked on a Keon Daniel free kick forcing a save out of goalkeeper Vagnar Da Silva.
Marvin Phillip made another brilliant save denying Coutihno yet another time after the Brazilian midfielder blasted on goal from above the area.
Just past the half hour mark striker Andre Toussaint had a try from distance hitting low under pressure from the Paranaense defenders but his shot was easily handled by goalkeeper Da Silva.
In the 38th minute Paranaense were awarded a free kick 23yards out and Phillip again was outstanding.
With the 1-0 advantage in favor of the Local All Stars, goalkeeper Marvin Phillip made sure it remained that way at the break after Coutihno cut away from two defenders to shoot just wide of goal and that too was well received by the LAS custodian.
At the half time whistle it was a deserving score in favor of the TT Pro League Local All Stars with a 1-0 advantage—surely not what the Brazilian club had expected.
Two minutes into the second period goalkeeper Da Silva had to pull off a decent one handed save to keep out Marvin Oliver’s back header on goal from a Trent Noel cross.
In the 52nd minute Andre Guerreiro Rocha had a shot wide for the visitors but three minutes later Luiz Francisco Grando climbed above the LAS defence to head past goalkeeper Phillip from a set play to level the scores at 1-1.
Four minutes later Conrod Smith forced a low save by goalkeeper Da Silva when he blasted at goal from the right after a neat build-up by the locals.
Paranaense had a good effort in the 64th minute but struggled to find comfort against LAS with midfielders Trent Noel and Marvin Oliver creating a fiasco in the middle of the park throughout the game.
Another chance for Paranaense came in the 83rd minute when Everson Lins Ferreira blasted a low effort from distance which had to be kept out by Phillip.
And after Devon Jorsling’s failed penalty, Marvin Oliver had a closing attempt which flashed a whisker from the upright after controlling and shooting from above the area.
The final whistle was blown and just as the first match of the Shaka Hislop Tribute Cup between the Foreign All Stars and FC Dallas, the game went into penalties.
Paranaense missed their first kick but never looked back while LAS final kicker Marvin Oliver proved to have worn out his legs hitting his effort wide for a 10-9 win on penalties for the Brazilians.

Penalties

Clube Atletico Paranaense   v   Local All Stars[/b]

Andre Rocha (missed)   Keon Daniel (scored)
Fernando Junior (scored)   Keston Williams (scored)
Washington (scored)   Josimar Belgrave (missed)
Grando (scored)   Ian Gray (scored)
Mattos (scored)   Richard Roy (scored)
Afonso (scored)   Cyd Gray (scored)
Ferriera (scored)   Coneal Thomas (scored)
M Dos Santos (scored)   Marvin Phillip (GK) (scored)
Piacentin (scored)   Devon Jorsling (scored)
R Dos Santos (scored)   Kevon Carter (scored)
Da Silva (GK) (scored)   Marvin Oliver (missed)

Teams

Pro League Local All Stars:[/b] — Marvin Phillip, Trent Noel (capt) (Josimar Belgrave 83rd), Keston Williams, Ian Gray, Akiel Edwards, Cyd Gray, Clyde Leon (Keon Daniel 63rd), Conrad Smith, Marvin Oliver, Andre Toussaint (Richard Roy 66th), Hayden Tinto (Kevon Carter 63rd).

Goalscorer—Trent Noel 42’.

Coach—Jamaal Shabazz

Clube Atletico Paranaense: — Vagnaer Da Silva, Murilo Bedusco, Joao Leonardo De Paula (capt) (Lucas Piacentin 81st), Robenval Benvindo Dos Santos, Vinicius Sartuni Hess (Marcelo Roberto Lima De Mattos 46th), Rodrigo Crasso Cordeiro (Stanley Richieri Afonso 46th), Andre Guerreiro Rocha, Luiz Francisco Grando, Edvaldo Rojas Hermoza (Washington Cesar Santos 90th), Everson Lins Ferreira, Regerio De Assis Silva Coutihno (Fernado De Oliverra Junior 81st).

Goalscorer— Luiz Francisco Grando 55’.

Coach—Cleocyr Marcos Dos Santos

Notes and Observations: Clube Atletico Paranaense vs TT Pro League Local Stars from 3rddegree.net's Buzz Carrick
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 08:05:17 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline heete

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Local All Stars equal Paranaense but loose 9-10 on penalties.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 09:14:56 AM »
If whim saw the performance of Marvin Oliver in this game you all think he would be called up seeing as he is one of the best midfielders the proleague has to offer.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 09:45:52 AM »
Any local posters have a report for we ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 10:24:07 AM »
I wonder if after watching these two games if Wim will continue to say de pro league aint ha no good players and have a low quality???

TrinInfinite

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 10:47:41 AM »
how come nobody have a damn report of the game locally, come nah man, whaz de scene? ??? ah see oliver and leon play, how they play?

God is de BOSS...

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 11:06:05 AM »
Great result for us all things considered. Hopefully, the TTFF builds on this and organizes more tournaments like this on a regular basis.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 11:11:10 AM »
I wonder if after watching these two games if Wim will continue to say de pro league aint ha no good players and have a low quality???

So u willin to judge the quality of the Pro League based on an All Star Pro League Team playing against a Brazilian team that currently in 14th place in their League with zero national team players in a fete match?

U serious dready?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 11:15:48 AM »
Black Chinee..i still think the proleague in T&T is low quality...the head's and coach's on each team have to set a very very very high standard

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 11:49:34 AM »
here's a mini report....

i will only talk about the 2nd game because the first one was boring... dallas is a shit side with the exception of denilson who, even though hes obviously washed up, provided some entertainment and a sweet pass for their first goal.. the overseas based locals wasn't much to talk about either and the only other thing of note was that both teams played in horizontal stripe uniforms (red and green) which made it confusing at times...

Atletico Paranaense v Local Stars was an altogether even match i would have to say...

in the first half the local all stars had the better of the first 25 mins or so, and then all of a sudden, dem brazilians like they get warm and start to knock real ball.. and similarly in the second half, we had the brazilians peg in their own half for the first 20 or so of the 2nd half and was running all over dem, then they turn it around and had us backs to the walls for the latter part of the half.. then in the last few mins or so, we get the penalty when carter get pull down, but jorsling miss; or rather, not miss because it was a brilliant save by the keeper..

for the brazilians, a red elano-looking man in de middle impress meh.. meh boy had touches and issue a man with the fastest cruyff beat i ever see live in midfield.. also a nippy man on de wing was running at us all night.. but we definitely match dem.. if they had more touches than us, which is expected, we were outdoing them physically...

i have to say i was impressed with how the locals played all around.. Trent Noel and Marvin Oliver were excellent... Tinto was aight... Toussaint was poor at first, but he improved as the game went on.. Conrad Smith was off de pace bad... our wing backs were good and the central defenders were solid too even though Ian Gray is a big belly man.. Marvin Phillip was also excellent in goal...

the turnout was not too impressive... one side of the uncovered had people, and the uncovered with their unrealistic $100 price just had a sprinkling of people.. and it was a tennis match atmosphere, you could hear a pin drop...

hopefully a better turnout for sunday..

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 03:00:56 PM »
for the local base who want to see the game look on C channel 6 on cable the game in the second half now, just start back
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 06:20:50 PM »
some when is the match sunday what time  ???
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 06:25:54 PM »
I was there at the game. And what no one seems to have mentioned was the the Brazilian team was a youth team. Men talking about how we local played well and ting. But it was a YOUTH team. Dem young fellas matched us in every facet of the game.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 07:13:33 PM »
I was there at the game. And what no one seems to have mentioned was the the Brazilian team was a youth team. Men talking about how we local played well and ting. But it was a YOUTH team. Dem young fellas matched us in every facet of the game.

There we go again. Advertizing dishonesty.  :o :o :o    If that is true, somebody should be sued for misrepresenting the visiting team as the senior squad of Paranaense. Daiz not funny  >:(
I expec' dat kinda trickster ting more from Scamps and Jackula  :'(
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 09:00:32 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 08:56:57 PM »
Patriot, Jah and I was at d game. I eh no expert but what I saw made my nightmare that I had a few nites b4 of us not goin SA became a reality. I was not impress at all at all at all. Patriot and Jah was bored stiff and did not even wait 4 d penalties to kick.

Highlight I got a picture with Shaka. I will b there tmorrow spending d 100TT that I wuk hard 4 only because d WN givin Shaka a plaque
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 09:10:03 PM »
Patriot, Jah and I was at d game. I eh no expert but what I saw made my nightmare that I had a few nites b4 of us not goin SA became a reality. I was not impress at all at all at all. Patriot and Jah was bored stiff and did not even wait 4 d penalties to kick.

Highlight I got a picture with Shaka. I will b there tmorrow spending d 100TT that I wuk hard 4 only because d WN givin Shaka a plaque

:'( :'( :'(   Sad. weary has me worried. Omaraldinho trying to give me hope. There is probably something good and sad about the whole performance I guess. On a brighter note, alot of good, even better, players did not play...Baptiste, Glasgow, Wing-back Daniel, Peltier, Hyland, Guerra, Anthony Wolfe, Whitley, young Power?, Hector, not tomention the recent talent drain of Errol McFarlane, Jan-Michael, Pacheco etc.

Now that I think about it, why did those players above not play? Iz so many dread? Is there another blacklist or something?  :thinking:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 09:12:14 PM by dreamer »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2007, 09:13:41 PM »
MacFarlane dodging bullets in Lebanon. I figure if yuh cyah make d Pro League All Star things real badddd or somebody bad mind.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2007, 09:43:41 PM »

Gi we a lil more insight pls.  Wha yuh see so dat gi yuh nightmare?  Explasheeate nah.... ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2007, 09:52:13 PM »
Mr. Moderator I will leave yuh to imagine I eh givin u no help

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2007, 09:54:11 PM »
Goodnight all,

The best entertainment for me for the night was the dash for cash sponsored by First Citizens bank. Whereby patrons had to dribble thru 6 cones and hit a shot to goal from the middle of the half into an open goal. It was done at the half time interval between each game and only 2 patrons a youthman and a girl were successful.

Now the games were extremely boring and devoid of action but I was looking at trap, pass technique, off the ball runs and possession.

The first game between the foreign based and Dallas was an excellent encounter if you wanted to catch up on some shut eye.

Four goals were scored in this match and I missed all. The first two came within the first 10 minutes while I was outside trying to get in. The 3rd goal I was talking and the final goal I missed cause I went to pee.

They had no kinda rhythm, knock game plan or any kinda constructive play here. Dallas played a predictable robot ball, using the flanks and trying to get the cross in. Alot of midfield battles and errors occured so there were not too many moments of brilliance. Denilson was the highlight and he hit some men some small shift and fan. The Yanks had better technique and were also bigger and fitter, but to me it look like them fellas was on kicks. No urgency, walking, like it was a fete match. The PFL outfit on the other hand playing like is WC and pelting blade running hard and forcing plays but they looked silly at times.

I was not sure of any of the players names and the only standout was the keeper.

On to game 2. Locals vs Paranses.

This was infact a TT national team. Alot of players had previous caps and/or experience....it was a much better game, the pace of it was quicker and there was more action. But I was more vex and fed up than anything else.

If I had to choose 2 players to make the TT senior team it would be the Keeper and Trent Noel. The Keeper pulled off some big big saves and Trent Noel did his job well, Shutting down passes in the mid, making tackles and scored a very good composed goal.

Other than that the rest of the team was a big let down.

The Local team was bigger in size and it is only their physical presence and athleticism that kept them into the game when the Brazilians started to knock. In both halves the Local team started off hot and sweaty...after 5-10 min the brazilians took control and then nuttin till the end when they were either tired or switched off and the locals were back in it.

The brazilians showed some of the locals some tricks or two and I was entertained. Some good cap share, some fan and Cruyff...but the beat of the night was a neat belt close to the halfline near the covered stand section. Two players are running alongside each other. The pro league player is running and pulling the Brazilians shirt. The Paranese player simply uses the momentum from the pull, turns and RUNS TOWARD the proleague guy..belting him..spins around backward...collects the ball on the other side, pushes past another player who rushing in and the poor pro league fellas is left with a twisted spine and wounded pride.

Now I tried to look for the good and hard work that players attempted to do on the field. But it was few and far between. I expected better from many players and I would say 9 of the 11 on the field had a off night.

Cyd had a poor game, bad passes, not reading the flight off the ball, losing his marker. However he is aggressive and it was his physical presence that intimidated his opponents and he usually recovered in time to win the ball at the second or 3rd attempt.

Ian Gray have some size...but he put in a good shift and handled his scene.

Trent Noel was my player of the night. good control, good vision, took his goal well, won tackles and was involved.

Marvin Oliver is all hype and no substance...forumites I could see why he cyar make a TT side. He simply is not good enough to displace any of the regular players in the team and does not add anything different or special.
He started good in the first 5 min...coming for the ball, making one twos, jumping and winning a few headers. After that nuttin, faded completely for the rest of the game. He tried a beat near the top of the area when a simple pass would have sufficed, collect a hard jam and the Brazilian player was free as a bird and corked a shot at the keeper. Better teams would have punished that. He beat two three times but it was ineffective. He had a header on goal but his night was summed up by wasting a good chance in the dying minutes of the game and by missing a penalty allowing Paranese to win the game.

He is tall, he tackles for the ball and he has a decent level of speed and fitness.
He is also very vocal and communicates with his teammates...whether they take him on or not is another story.
If he works hard, he could make a TT bench but to say he is a big player...nah.

Alyuh know I am not a Theobold fan but Denzil better and more useful than him. He cannot match up with Hardest when it comes to passing and skill. If the Germany Warriors back in the fold he cyar displace none of them and age is against him. I understand completely why he cyar make a TT side.

His performance was forgettable and I hope he steps up his game on Sunday.

I really ent have much to say bout the others on field they tried, they tackle, they run hard and did what was asked of them...but they look like some labourers making the easy things hard.

The worse player of the night was Toussaint.

Dat Boy shit down heself. A whole bale of toilet paper cyar sap up what he put down on the field.  Forumites the A-league ent help he one bit. If anything he lorse he skills. That fella trapped and kept possession of the ball TWICE for the night. He could not trap, control, make a pass, beat, shield, win a tackle nuttin. I never see a player with potential fall orf bad so. He had to be sick, nusring a injury or something cause the boy play total la la. Any ball played to him = lost ball.

SO dais it...men had to make joke and talk amongst themselves to keep entertained. The matches were boring to say the least and the turnout was about 800-1000 tops.

If anyone had intentions of coming out Sun they product on display left alot to be desired and at 100 and 40$ maybe patrons might think twice to come out.

Shaka was in the stands giving out autographs, taking pictures with fans and there were many scouts, coaches and past and present players in the stands taking in the action. But those on the field failed to put on a show and in most instances justified why they are not on the national team or still plying their trade in the PFL.

Till Sun.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »
Thanks for this post Touches. Unfortunately for T&T it sounds accurate. Real sorry to hear about Toussaint who HAS the basic skills to trap and pass. What happened?  :'( :'(
Happy to hear about Trent Noel and Marvin. Everybody saying the same ting about these two. Seems like their stocks have now gone up seriously.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2007, 12:00:47 AM »
Thanks for this post Touches. Unfortunately for T&T it sounds accurate. Real sorry to hear about Toussaint who HAS the basic skills to trap and pass. What happened?  :'( :'(
Happy to hear about Trent Noel and Marvin. Everybody saying the same ting about these two. Seems like their stocks have now gone up seriously.

Yuh had meh lorse fuh a minute dey yes breds.  Ah tort at first yuh was referrin to Marvin Oliver den ah check back and realize is Marvin Phillips yuh was talkin bout.  8)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2007, 12:28:00 AM »
Thanks for the report. Yuh doh sugar coat things at all, so men know they could trust what yuh say. I for one hoped for bigger things from Oliver. Like it or not the Pro League is the only big organization doing anything with T&T for the last year. Hopefully the little improvement in physical presence, that association with Dallas FC, World cup youths trying out for 1st team selection and other little things can snoball into bigger things in the next few years.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

1]; } ?>