April 19, 2024, 06:43:23 PM

Author Topic: TTFF holds successful retreat... aims to act on defficiencies.  (Read 11119 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
TTFF holds successful retreat... aims to act on defficiencies.
« on: December 03, 2007, 12:38:04 PM »
TTFF holds successful retreat.
... aims to act on defficiencies.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF Media).

The Trinidad and Tobago  Football Federation held a successful retreat at Mayaro on Sunday December 2, 2007. The purpose of the retreat was to review the technical structure of the Federation with a view of obtaining optimum results in all aspects.
The retreat was attended by all the members of the Federation's Executive as well as the Technical Director, Lincoln Phillips, the Youth Development Officer and Assistant National Coach, Anton Corneal, the Federation's Technical Adviser, Keith Look Loy, the Women's Head Coach, Jamaal Shabazz and the Federation's Special Adviser, FIFA Vice President, Jack Warner.
The technical performance of the Federation over the last three years was reviewed and, notwithstanding the fact that Trinidad & Tobago did qualify for the 2006 World Cup, the meeting found that there were several areas of deficiency which impacted overall on the negative performance of the national teams. Some of the areas which were mentioned are Lack of an effective functioning Technical Department; No organised system of Coaching Education; Lack of Player Development; Lack of Accountability by the various coaches; Decline in the Centres of Excellence by the Regional Associations; Decline in Club Development; Inadequate attention being paid to Youth and Women Development and an overall decline in Refereeing Development and Refereeing Performance.
After much discussion, the meeting appointed Keith Look Loy to analyse the Technical Plan that had been submitted by the Technical Director to see in what areas the Plan had addressed the concerns raised and to come up with solutions in both the short term and the long term.
Krishna Kuarsingh, the former President of the T&T Football Referees Association and a member of the TTFF Executive Committee was also appointed to review the present decline in refereeing development and to propose solutions for the implementation of immediate corrective measures.
Both Look Loy and Kuarsingh were given 14 days in which to report back to the Federation.

Following this meeting, the Executive then met alone and approved the following measures:

1. 2008 shall be declared the Centennial Year of the Federation which Federation was first formed in August 1908.

2. A Centennial Committee headed by Kenny de Silva (with other persons to be named shortly ) was appointed to plan and organise the entire year's programme. Peter O'Connor has been appointed Chief Executive Officer and Felix Baldy Hernandez has been appointed Chief Operations Officer.
The plans for 2008 will include all football events, matches and other activities, a special match against a world class nation and a special centennial dinner for which the FIFA President, Sepp Blatter has already agreed to attend together with Franz Beckenbauer, Michel Platini and others.
The centennial match on February 6 against Guadeloupe has been scheduled for the Queen’s Park Oval and the Football Federation again wishes to reiterate that all players shall be eligible for selection.

3. A new Manager has been appointed for the 2010 World Cup team. He is David Muhammad Belgrave, a school teacher and part time radio announcer. He is to take up the position full time from January 7, 2008.

On completion of the meetings, President Oliver Camps thanked the members for their various inputs and stated that “from today a new era has dawned for Trinidad & Tobago's football and it is my sincere hope that together, as one nation, one people, we can use football as a vehicle for positive and continuing change in our society. I can assure that we had an indepth  review of what took place in the past. We discussed what we should do to take corrective measures."
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 05:17:45 PM by Flex »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF HOLDS SUCCESSFUL RETREAT... aims to act on defficiencies
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 12:42:55 PM »
Why is the game in the oval?   the only reason i will accept it being played in the oval is for the HSC pitch can be renewed because it needs to be relayed.. the entire pitch...

At least the Oval has a good pitch..

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 12:45:23 PM »
Why is the game in the oval?   the only reason i will accept it being played in the oval is for the HSC pitch can be renewed because it needs to be relayed.. the entire pitch...

At least the Oval has a good pitch..

Possibly because of the historical aspect since they are making this a "centenial" thing.
Trivia question: where were national team matches played in 1908?

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 12:46:36 PM »
sniff, sniff ... what's that smell? ??? :devil:
Live large and prosper!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 12:49:55 PM »
2 years ago i would have been pissed at the prospect of us playing in the oval.. but I actually wouldn't mind seeing how it is now that it has an A Class pitch...  but i hope it is not a regular thing but it is a nice option

I hope the TTFF relay the HC pitch.. it is almost embarrassing

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 12:51:22 PM »
No retreat, SURRENDER, ha ha, to steal a phrase, FYI, Comment does not represent any political affiliation on my part
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 12:52:48 PM »
No retreat, SURRENDER, ha ha, to steal a phrase, FYI, Comment does not represent any political affiliation on my part
aye, allya good yes :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 12:53:57 PM »
sniff, sniff ... what's that smell? ??? :devil:

BULLLLSHIT :rotfl:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 01:03:15 PM »
After all de discussion about lack of dis, deficient dat, decline in de oddah etc...de fuss priority on dem agenda is to plan centennial.  And den dey pronounce de retreat "successful".

We jokey wee.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 02:32:55 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 01:13:25 PM »
Trivia question: where were national team matches played in 1908?
Back den, de main place fuh football was de Savannah. We didn't have ah national team at de time.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 01:18:51 PM »
Imagine after 100 years....we've progressed so much  ::) ::) that the prospect of playing a "World Class" team is special....instead of it being something we're accostumed to....

Dem real, real, real jokey yes.....chuppss....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 01:22:18 PM »
Shouldn't d retreat tell us how we go become a World Class team? I know I hopin 4 much
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 02:28:06 PM »
Who fall into these areas at present: -

Lack of an effective functioning Technical Department;

No organised system of Coaching Education;

Lack of Player Development;

Lack of Accountability by the various coaches;

Decline in the Centres of Excellence by the Regional Associations;

Decline in Club Development;

Inadequate attention being paid to Youth and Women Development and

Overall decline in Refereeing Development and Refereeing Performance

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 02:57:24 PM »
Who fall into these areas at present: -

Lack of an effective functioning Technical Department;

No organised system of Coaching Education;

Lack of Player Development;

Lack of Accountability by the various coaches;

Decline in the Centres of Excellence by the Regional Associations;

Decline in Club Development;

Inadequate attention being paid to Youth and Women Development and

Overall decline in Refereeing Development and Refereeing Performance

Very good point  :applause: :applause:
Also interesting to note are the appointees themselves, what was the criteria in selecting these department heads. To me TTFF keep spinning top in mud by reshuffling people to take on new tasks, when they failed to achieve previously.
Why not outsource some of these to the private sector. My pet peev is their non existent marketing dept.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 03:05:14 PM by grskywalker »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 03:18:40 PM »
I have a lot to say on this, but at the risk of being overly negative, I will bring up a marginal point.

Is Shabazz still the women's coach? I thought Charles had replaced him since he got the Guyana job. More importantly, in a year of World Cup qualifiers, why does anyone think he can conciliate both positions ?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 03:44:02 PM »
I have a lot to say on this, but at the risk of being overly negative, I will bring up a marginal point.

Is Shabazz still the women's coach? I thought Charles had replaced him since he got the Guyana job. More importantly, in a year of World Cup qualifiers, why does anyone think he can conciliate both positions ?

I was thinking the same thing. also is Phillips the Technical Director? I thoughthe was given a lesser portfolio?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 04:06:49 PM »
not wanting to be farse and outta place....but whey dey getting de money to pay for all dis ??? ??? ???

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 04:23:18 PM »
Fellas ...

Both Look Loy and Kuarsingh were given 14 days in which to report back to the Federation.

We have to wait till the 16th for the answers.

In the mean time anyone know  the members of the Federation's Executive committee.......ah getting loss iaread.
On that note it would be nice to revisit the breakdown of the Federation ..... ah loss since the last world cup.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 04:36:18 PM »
In the mean time anyone know  the members of the Federation's Executive committee.......ah getting loss iaread.
Oliver Camps (President)
Raymond Tim Kee (Vice President)
Lennox Watson (Vice President)
Rudolph Thomas (Vice President)
Richard Groden (General Secretary)
Paula Chester-Cumberbatch (Assistant Secretary)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2007, 04:59:39 PM »
In other words, they make a beach lime by Jack house.. Get some free food and Jack tell dem what to do.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2007, 05:01:58 PM »
Who remembered this :devil:

Wim Rijsbergen to take over as head coach.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

The following is to confirm that Wim Rijsbergen has accepted the post of head coach of the Trinidad and Tobago Senior Team following meetings with now former head coach Leo Beenhakker, TTFF Special Advisor Jack Warner and General Secretary Richard Groden.
Rijsbergen, who served as assistant to Beenhakker during his tenure here, will take up the position as head coach of the team for the next four years with immediate effect and will have Anton Corneal and Dutchman Jan Van Deinsen as his assistants based on his request to which they have already agreed.
It is worthy to note that Beenhakker has accepted the position as head coach of the Poland National Team but has also agreed to be available as a technical advisor to the "Soca Warriors" during this period and will attend its matches and tournament on a "need to do basis".
The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation remains highly appreciative towards Mr Beenhakker for his services towards the uplifting of the country's football and for his guiding of the team to the 2006 World Cup Finals in Germany. We also wish him the very best in his new role with the Polish FA.

Report of meetings held with coaches Leo Beenhakker and Wim Rijsbergen RE: The coaching of team Trinidad and Tobago from 2006 to 2010.

Two meetings were held with Coach Leo Beenhakker - one in Rotenburg on June 19, 2006 and the other in Munich on July 4, 2006. Two meetings were also held with Coach Wim Rijsbergen, both in Berlin, on July 7, 2006. Present at all of the meetings mentioned above was Richard Groden, General Secretary of the T&TFF.

There were extensive discussions and by the end, the following decisions were arrived at:

1. Leo Beenhakker

a. Leo Beenhakker will accept the position of Head Coach of the Polish National Team for a period of two years in the first instance, effective from Tuesday July 11, 2006.

b. During this period he will be available to work with Team Trinidad and Tobago as Technical Advisor and attend its matches and tournaments on a "need to do so basis."

c. Following 2008, Leo and the T&TFF will review his position relative to;

(i) a continuation of the present arrangement; or
(ii) a new contract relative to his full time and/or other services

It is informative to note that Leo did not accept several top offers which were made to him including the offer of Head Coach of the Australia Soccer Federation.

2. Wim Rijsbergen

a. Wim Rijsbergen, the former Assistant to Leo Beenhakker in Trinidad and Tobago has agreed to accept the offer of Head Coach of Team Trinidad and Tobago for a period of four years, with immediate effect.

b. He has asked to be assisted by Anton Corneal and Dutchman Jan Van Deinsen, both of whom he has already held discussions and obtained their acceptance.

c. He is to evaluate the work of the staff which worked with the Soca Warriors to determine whose services he shall need.  Notwithstanding this, he did inform that he needs Joseph Sam Phillip to play an effective role in the management of the National Senior Team.

d. Relative to Trinidad and Tobago's technical development, Wim made several proposals which were accepted by Richard Groden and me on behalf of the TTFF.

The proposals are as follows:

(i) Anton Corneal to be the Head Coach of Youth Development as well as to assist him in the coaching of the First Team.

(ii) Dutch Coach, Jan Deinsen to work with all the National Youth Teams as well as to assist in the coaching of the First Team.

(iii) After evaluation and by mutual agreement to use the majority of the members of the present technical staff of the Soca Warriors.

(iv) The role of the Technical Director, Lincoln Phillips, to be confined to the development of coaches and goal keepers using his knowledge in these areas. In this regard, the entire Technical Department of the T&TFF is to be reviewed as a matter of urgency.

(v) The Head Coach will be involved specifically in coaching a team for the Olympics as well as for World Cup 2010. He will also supervise the coaching of all National Teams.

(vi) After holding discussions with Russell Latapy and Dwight Yorke, the Head Coach will find the best way to use their knowledge as role models for the youth and for the future of Trinidad and Tobago football in the following areas:
  • Training camps
  • Training sessions
  • Any other

(vii) Immediately, the Head Coach will be developing a programme, in conjunction with others, for every Youth Team, as it relates to:
  • Training
  • Matches
  • Tournaments
  • Other
3. Tentative Plan 2006 - 2010

July 22 - 25, 2006

1. Meetings of Leo and Wim with.

(i) T&TFF, Jack Warner and T&TFF Technical and Managerial Staff
(ii) The Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs

2. Evaluation of the World Cup effort with players and officials who are present in T&T.

3. Creating a new staff for 2006 - 2010

4. Putting a team together for this country's first international match in August.

September 2, 2006 - Friendly match

September 6, 2006 - FIFA Date: 2nd International Match / Start preparation for the CONCACAF Gold Cup Tournament

October 7 - 11: Official matches

November 15, 2006 - Friendly match

2007 - Games Qualification

• Planning camps
  • Training / games
  • Players' availability
  • Other

Matches requested on the under-mentioned FIFA dates:

7 February - Friendly match
24-28 March - Official matches
2-6 June - Official matches
July - Gold Cup Tournament
22 August - Friendly match
8-12 September - Official matches
13-17 October - Official matches
17-21 November - Official matches

For the above-mentioned dates, teams must be sourced by mutual agreement.  Dates must also be found for organizing camps both home and abroad.

December 2007 - Draw for World Cup 2010

Schedule of matches required for 2008

6 February - Friendly match
26 March - Friendly match
20 August - Friendly match
6-10 September - Official matches
11-15 October - Official matches
19 November - Friendly match

2009 to 2010

Details to be determined.

The remuneration for Leo and the staff as well as a budget for the period under review shall form the basis of a separate document.

Respectfully submitted
Jack Warner.

Schedule of Arrival and Departure
July 22 - 26, 2006

22 July Arrival of Leo and Wim
23 July From 11:00 am
Meetings with the T&TFF; Jack Warner; GORTT/Min. of Sport
24 July Evaluation of WC 2006
Evaluation of Staff
Press Conference
25 July 9:00 am
Attendance of Book Launch - "From Zero to Hero" Departure of Leo Beenhakker

26 July Assumption of duty by Wim Rijsbergen and others.
[/size]
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 05:04:40 PM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2007, 05:15:56 PM »
TTFF HOLDS SUCCESSFUL RETREAT... aims to act on defficiencies.

The technical performance of the Federation over the last three years was reviewed and, notwithstanding the fact that Trinidad & Tobago did qualify for the 2006 World Cup, the meeting found that there were several areas of deficiency which impacted overall on the negative performance of the national teams. Some of the areas which were mentioned are Lack of an effective functioning Technical Department; No organised system of Coaching Education; Lack of Player Development; Lack of Accountability by the various coaches; Decline in the Centres of Excellence by the Regional Associations; Decline in Club Development; Inadequate attention being paid to Youth and Women Development and an overall decline in Refereeing Development and Refereeing Performance.

Doc the cheap shots man!!!!  is ova that past 3 years  the review is fuh ...

Plus it also states
v) The role of the Technical Director, Lincoln Phillips, to be confined to the development of coaches and goal keepers using his knowledge in these areas. In this regard, the entire Technical Department of the T&TFF is to be reviewed as a matter of urgency

I guess the now do that review :devil:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF holds successful retreat... aims to act on defficiencies.
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2007, 05:29:04 PM »

Plus it also states
v) The role of the Technical Director, Lincoln Phillips, to be confined to the development of coaches and goal keepers using his knowledge in these areas. In this regard, the entire Technical Department of the T&TFF is to be reviewed as a matter of urgency

What ??? ??? ??? ??? :devil: That's urgency for you! Smells awful ent  :rotfl:
Live large and prosper!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2007, 05:44:07 PM »

Plus it also states

What ??? ??? ??? ??? :devil: That's urgency for you! Smells awful ent  :rotfl:

curious why did you bring up that old article anyway ... yuh trying  to do sumting   subliminal ... 8). easy with the  Propaganda doc
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2007, 09:29:42 PM »
After all de discussion about lack of dis, deficient dat, decline in de oddah etc...de fuss priority on dem agenda is to plan centennial.  And den dey pronounce de retreat "successful".

We jokey wee.

im sitting here thinking the same thing. real shit.
Hart for president

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2007, 09:56:43 PM »
3. A new Manager has been appointed for the 2010 World Cup team. He is David Muhammad Belgrave, a school teacher and part time radio announcer. He is to take up the position full time from January 7, 2008.

What do we know about him?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2007, 10:02:03 PM »
It cyah b same fella who is a Black Muslim Farrakhan boi who was cussing wind when he eh get he ticket 4 Bahrain? He makin sre that he eh have to text bmobile to get 1
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2007, 02:18:11 AM »
It cyah b same fella who is a Black Muslim Farrakhan boi who was cussing wind when he eh get he ticket 4 Bahrain? He makin sre that he eh have to text bmobile to get 1

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: allyuh fellas good yes!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2007, 05:24:25 AM »

What do we know about him?

Mih mind run on de radio fella from Power 102, but when ah see de "Belgrave" ah say it cyar be he....dat doh sound Muslim....hhhhmmm....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2007, 07:03:58 AM »

It could be he self. We go find out in due course.

1]; } ?>