April 26, 2024, 08:06:36 AM

Author Topic: Pro League clear Fenwick.  (Read 6751 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Pro League clear Fenwick.
« on: December 03, 2007, 09:57:49 PM »
Pro League clear Fenwick.
By: Trinidad Express.

CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick has been cleared of all allegations made against him by Joe Public coach Michael McComie, who accused the Englishman of racial slurs after last month's Toyota Classic Final between the two T&T Pro League teams.
The disciplinary committee of the Pro League handed down its decision Saturday after rejecting McComie's request, through his attorney Nicole Basraj, for an adjournment of two more weeks.
The matter arose out of an alleged conflict following the Toyota Classic final on November 2, when McComie accused Fenwick of accosting him and making racist remarks, which McComie reported to match commissioner Norris Ferguson.
The report was subsequently passed onto the disciplinary committee of the T&T Pro League, who met with both Fenwick and McComie and their respective attorneys on November 9.
Fenwick's attorneys requested an adjournment to be provided with "the full disclosure of the allegations made against his client (Fenwick)", including the full particulars of what was actually said by McComie to Fenwick; the names of the witnesses that McComie intended to call; and a copy of the unedited tape of the Toyota Classic Final.
According to the Pro League, both parties agreed to one week, but the committee decided to give them three weeks so that proceedings would resume on December 1.
A Pro League release yesterday stated, however, that on December 1 McComie's attorney Basraj requested an additional two weeks, claiming she could not "have obtained detailed instructions from both McComie and the two witnesses who had time constraints due to crucial football matches within the past two weeks".
But the Pro League rejected the request, finding "no further adjournment was required".
After hearing the submissions by Fenwick's attorneys, they ruled that Fenwick was discharged from any further proceedings in the matter.
They advised further that such a decision, "however, was not based on the merits of the case, but due mainly to Mr McComie's unreadiness to proceed with such an important matter against Mr Fenwick".
They believed that sufficient time was given to McComie to be ready and to provide the necessary information to Fenwick and his attorney, "in an effort to provide his (Fenwick's) defence".
"To adjourn it any further would in fact be a travesty and indeed unfair to Mr Fenwick", the disciplinary committee concluded.
Joe Public wins feud with Jabloteh.
T&T Guardian Reports.
[/size]

The T&T Pro League disciplinary committee met on Saturday morning at the League’s head office in Valpark to arbitrate the matter regarding Joe Public players Lyndon Andrews, Dale Saunders and Roen Nelson and ruled that no sanctions are to be imposed against the players.
An official complaint was made by CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh saying that the players verbally and physically assaulted coach Terry Fenwick following the ‘Eastern Lions’ 2-1 win over Jabloteh in the Toyota Classic final on November 2.
The disciplinary committee headed by attorney Dave Williams viewed video footage of the game, heard submissions from Joe Public’s attorney and its officials and found that the players mentioned did not verbally or physically assault Fenwick, the director of coaching for Jabloteh.
However, the committee reprimanded Joe Public for not preventing its players from entering the technical area of the opposing team and has warned that any future recurrence would result in punitive sanctions being imposed against the club.
The decision by the Pro League is expected to end the feud between the two teams for this season since they will not meet again on the field.
The quarrel began on November 2, after the end of the Toyota Classic final when Mc Comie accused Fenwick, a former England World Cup player of making racial slurs, but this matter was thrown out by the committee.
The Joe Public coach reported the incident to the match commissioner, Norris Ferguson, who reported the matter to the T&T Pro League.
In a two-page letter to Jabloteh, the T&T Pro League cleared Fenwick but pointed out that its decision was not based on the merits of the case but due mainly to Mc Comie’s unreadiness to proceed with the matter.
The letter went onto to explain that on November 9, the disciplinary committee of the T&T Pro League met to deliberate on allegations made by Mc Comie.
According to Mc Comie, after the Toyota Classic Final on November 2, he was accosted by Fenwick, who made certain racial comments to him and on that basis a report was made. When the parties appeared before the Disciplinary Committee on November 9, represented by their attorneys, Fenwick’s attorney requested a short adjournment in an effort to be provided with full disclosure on the allegations made against his client.
These particulars included the full particulars on what was actually told by Mc Comie to Fenwick; the names of the witnesses that Mc Comie intended to call and a copy of the unedited tape of the Toyota Classic Finals of November, 2.
Both parties agreed that one week would have been sufficient, however, the committee decided to give the parties three weeks adjourning the proceedings to December 1, at 10 am.
When the meeting resumed, the committee was presented with a letter from Mc Comie’s attorney Nicole Basraj, who requested a further adjournment of two weeks.
The league noted that the reason given for such request was because she (Basraj) could not have obtained detailed instructions from both Mc Comie and the two witnesses who had time constraints due to football commitments.
However, the members of the committee having considered attorney Basraj’s letter, found that no further adjournment was required.
The committee also heard submissions made by Fenwick attorney, and in the circumstances discharged Fenwick from any further proceedings in the matter.
This was because the committee believed that sufficient time was given to Mc Comie to be ready and provide the necessary information to Fenwick’s attorney, in an effort for him to provide his defence, and to adjourn the matter any further would in fact be a travesty and indeed unfair to Fenwick, ended the letter.
Jabloteh then made its complaint against the Joe Public who had its goalkeeper Alejandro Figueroa banned for two matches for his involvement in the incident.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 07:41:03 AM by Flex »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pro League clear Fenwick
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 09:59:13 PM »
WHO CARES. He assault ah man he get a URP band and they lessen it
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pro League clear Fenwick.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 07:22:40 AM »
I fully agree with the disciplinary committee in this regard.

We not saying the man did not make racist comments towards you, but yuh accused a man of a crime like racism...yuh get three weeks to state yuh case and still come up wanting....because yuh had football matches to see about ?

STEUPESSS  !!!
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 07:29:56 AM »

lawyers?

geez an.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 08:27:39 AM »

We not saying the man did not make racist comments towards you, but yuh accused a man of a crime like racism...yuh get three weeks to state yuh case and still come up wanting....because yuh had football matches to see about ?

STEUPESSS  !!!

That in itself telling me that McComie jus full of shyte
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 10:25:30 AM »

lawyers?

geez an.

If you were facing suspension from your job...one that had potential fatal professional ramifications, would you NOT want to ensure that your legal rights were fully being represented?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 11:01:06 AM »
STEUPESSS  !!!

That in itself telling me that McComie jus full of shyte
where Diambars.........NOW will you agree with the majority of the posters on here about McCunny

allya remember this thread?
check the first reply
the man is a vindictive piece of dog turd.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 11:45:32 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 12:12:25 PM »

where Diambars.........NOW will you agree with the majority of the posters on here about McCunny

:o Wey! Yuh know things bad when a peaceful fella like WestCoast calling man  c*nnny. Not even JW get dem kinda licks yet. MaComie MaCunny yuh name is dog in here.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 12:14:38 PM »
sorry sorry my bad ;)
ya want me change dat den :-[
I could also take back what I said bout JW too eh

***** SLAP ******
snap out of it westcoast, de enemy doh sleep eh

:devil:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 12:16:28 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 12:30:08 PM »
Doh say dem name out loud boy, dey go come in yuh bed and suk out yuh blood. Yuh might fend off MaC*nny the apprentice with some gyahlick rub and a cross, but JW go lick the gyahlick rub off yuh neck and beat yuh with de cross. Yuh..yuh..fe..fe....feel dem crr..cr..crr..crossanddemdoes wuh..wuh..wukonmeyuhmadawa. BITE!
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 12:45:36 PM »
McCommie should get sue now...for being stupid.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 01:53:21 PM »
I really cyah say i know anyone who like MacCormie nah....lol......
 asswipe

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 08:19:53 PM »

lawyers?

geez an.

If you were facing suspension from your job...one that had potential fatal professional ramifications, would you NOT want to ensure that your legal rights were fully being represented?

have u heard about lawyers at disciplinary hearings?  more so T&T?  that is the first i am reading about that.  I wonder how much $$ he had to waste on dem....and if they will convince him to give dem more $$ by going after McComie.  Dem 2 taking things too far now.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 10:42:57 PM »
D Joe Public coach is makin he boss look like a hero
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 11:03:27 PM »

have u heard about lawyers at disciplinary hearings?  more so T&T?  that is the first i am reading about that.  I wonder how much $$ he had to waste on dem....and if they will convince him to give dem more $$ by going after McComie.  Dem 2 taking things too far now.

I with you on that, it may be unprecedented for Trinidad, but that is how you need to deal with people sometimes...let them know you not playing around.  Another thing, look at what was the reason for the disciplinary review...those are serious allegations, no coach, particularly a non-black coach wants to be labelled a racist.  It's a very irresponsible accusation by McComie...granted I wasn't there and don't know what was said, but given the nature of the character we're talking about, I'm really not inclined to believe anything that comes out his mouth.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 11:05:47 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 07:41:39 AM »
News above updated.... (13-Dec-2007).
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2007, 12:14:14 PM »

:o Wey! Yuh know things bad when a peaceful fella like WestCoast calling man c*nnny. Not even JW get dem kinda licks yet. MaComie MaCunny yuh name is dog in here.

This is not about agreeing or disagreeing with the rest of the board.  The facts of this case have not been adjudicated ... the case dismissal had nothing to do with its facts.  Again, I do not know McComie and yes by his own words hw sounds vindictive.  But the fact is the Jabloeth coach is a guest in our country and if he made the alleged comments he should be held accountable, plain and simple.  If he is allowed to make it to McComie, then who's next?

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 12:30:10 PM »

:o Wey! Yuh know things bad when a peaceful fella like WestCoast calling man c*nnny. Not even JW get dem kinda licks yet. MaComie MaCunny yuh name is dog in here.

This is not about agreeing or disagreeing with the rest of the board.  The facts of this case have not been adjudicated ... the case dismissal had nothing to do with its facts.  Again, I do not know McComie and yes by his own words hw sounds vindictive.  But the fact is the Jabloeth coach is a guest in our country and if he made the alleged comments he should be held accountable, plain and simple.  If he is allowed to make it to McComie, then who's next?
well Man, If dat was me,  that had somebody make such disparaging comments to, I sure as heck would want to have my day in court, and the facts show that McCunny did not even do that much which leads me to really think that it was ALL concocted to rile up the Joe public players against Fenwick and Jabloteh.
But hay if is de 'Black and White" facts you want go right ahead....keep Hoping that McCunny is right.
I ent wasting my time thinking about McCunny and he bruised ego no mo'.......in my opinion, it did not happen.....plain as day to me.
To reiterate, my opinion about this is based solely on McCunny's actions of the past.
And your infantile comment about "But the fact is the Jabloeth coach is a guest in our country and if he made the alleged comments he should be held accountable, plain and simple. If he is allowed to make it to McComie, then who's next?" is unbeleievable as the onus is on McCunny to follow through with his charge so it is HIS FAULT that they is nothing as I have said before...there is Nothing here McCunny  ;).....
read this quote again
"After hearing the submissions by Fenwick's attorneys, they ruled that Fenwick was discharged from any further proceedings in the matter.
They advised further that such a decision, "however, was not based on the merits of the case, but due mainly to Mr McComie's unreadiness to proceed with such an important matter against Mr Fenwick".They believed that sufficient time was given to McComie to be ready and to provide the necessary information to Fenwick and his attorney, "in an effort to provide his (Fenwick's) defence".
"To adjourn it any further would in fact be a travesty and indeed unfair to Mr Fenwick", the disciplinary committee concluded."
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 12:48:42 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007, 01:37:38 PM »

well Man, If dat was me,  that had somebody make such disparaging comments to, I sure as heck would want to have my day in court, and the facts show that McCunny did not even do that much which leads me to really think that it was ALL concocted to rile up the Joe public players against Fenwick and Jabloteh.
But hay if is de 'Black and White" facts you want go right ahead....keep Hoping that McCunny is right.
I ent wasting my time thinking about McCunny and he bruised ego no mo'.......in my opinion, it did not happen.....plain as day to me.
To reiterate, my opinion about this is based solely on McCunny's actions of the past.
And your infantile comment about "But the fact is the Jabloeth coach is a guest in our country and if he made the alleged comments he should be held accountable, plain and simple. If he is allowed to make it to McComie, then who's next?" is unbeleievable as the onus is on McCunny to follow through with his charge so it is HIS FAULT that they is nothing as I have said before...there is Nothing here McCunny  ;).....
read this quote again
"After hearing the submissions by Fenwick's attorneys, they ruled that Fenwick was discharged from any further proceedings in the matter.
They advised further that such a decision, "however, was not based on the merits of the case, but due mainly to Mr McComie's unreadiness to proceed with such an important matter against Mr Fenwick".They believed that sufficient time was given to McComie to be ready and to provide the necessary information to Fenwick and his attorney, "in an effort to provide his (Fenwick's) defence".
"To adjourn it any further would in fact be a travesty and indeed unfair to Mr Fenwick", the disciplinary committee concluded."

You are entitled to your opinion.  I will categorize your response and the classical “wha we go do” response.  It seems as though you are incapable of conceptualizing the impact of this beyond the two individuals involved.  I just pray you or any of your kids (if you fertile) ;D do not have to deal this one day.  God Bless!

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2007, 02:02:34 PM »

read this quote again

You are entitled to your opinion.  I will categorize your response and the classical “wha we go do” response.  It seems as though you are incapable of conceptualizing the impact of this beyond the two individuals involved.  I just pray you or any of your kids (if you fertile) ;D do not have to deal this one day.  God Bless!

Ok Diambars, let's play this out as though we know nothing of the individuals involved. Suppose you were the person claiming to be the victim of racist abuse, and u file an official complaint. So the administration set up a disciplinary hearing three weeks later for you to present your case. With an issue as sensitive as racism, u really going to not show up to the hearing, with no valid reason?? I doh know about you, but the way I see it something must be wrong there. No person in their right mind is not going to follow through on a serious complaint like that unless they doh have a case, and i cah see how u refusing to acknowledge that.

It seems as though you are incapable of utilizing some common sense, and u just hell bent on hoping beyond all hope that there was indeed some racist abuse, even though based on what we know so far it is EXTEMELY unlikely.

I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 02:59:18 PM »
I just pray you or any of your kids (if you fertile) ;D do not have to deal this one day.  God Bless!
very very amusing comment there Diambars. ::) and you end wid God Bless  ::) ::)
I hope you realise that I now class you in the same catergory as McCunny ;)
Merry Christmas fella........call me when you get de proof ya looking for...till then...peace out

oh and if you are wondering.....My Kids would NOT do anything duncy like you as they are taught to see things through to the end  ;) and Fenwick ent no "Choir Boy" in my eyes eeedda ;)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 03:48:11 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>