April 25, 2024, 10:02:30 PM

Author Topic: Shaka: 2010 draw a tough one for T&T.  (Read 1905 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Shaka: 2010 draw a tough one for T&T.
« on: December 04, 2007, 05:26:59 AM »
Shaka: 2010 draw a tough one for T&T.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago goalkeeper Shaka Hislop, coming off a tribute weekend in his homeland, believes that this country's preliminary World Cup 2010 draw is a challenging one. Hislop, in Port of Spain over the weekend for a Tribute Cup put on for him by the T&T Pro League, indicated that T&T were by no means about to face an easy time, adding that he would be extremely disappointed if they were to fail to progress into the final round.
"It's a tough draw. We definitely cannot go in there thinking that anything is going to be easy. We will have to reproduce the form that we had in the final round of the 2006 campaign if we are to get into the final round this time because our semi-final group could turn out to be a difficult one. I think we need to be as best prepared as possible," Hislop told TTFF Media.
Meanwhile, Brazilian footballer Denilson said he knew not of this country until its exploits at the FIFA 2006 World Cup. And  of course his introduction to Shaka Hislop at Dallas FC this year allowed for him to learn more about the Twin-island and led to his visit with the MLS club earlier this month for the Shaka Hislop Tribute Cup.
“No I didn’t know about Trinidad before my trip here. Obviously with the last World Cup and then meeting Shaka and hearing about him playing for Trinidad in Germany made me know more,” Denilson told TTFF Media last week.
“But it’s good that I can be here now and be part of the Shaka Tribute Cup. It was a privilege for me to come to the country and I hope I can return sometime. Football is a universal thing and it’s always good to come and experience  different styles of the game and see how people do things.. I want to thank Trinidad for the way they received us. These games were important to us.
Denílson broke the world record transfer fee when Real Betis paid São Paulo £21.9 million for him. He tasted World Cup success in 1998 with Brazil, being capped 61 times but at the age of 30, he is yet to earn a call up from current coach and former teammate Dunga.
The man known for his amazing trickery on the pitch remains excited about the game, particularly Brazil’s hosting of the 2014 World Cup.
“After so many years of the game and not being able to host it means it’s something incredible now. To host this World Cup in 2014 will be fantastic for Brazil,” he added.
Hislop felt the coming of Dallas for the Cup put on by the TT Pro League was a good step for local football.
“It was obviously a worthwhile trip because we all know that any opportunity for our players here to get exposure to international teams is a beneficial one. Denilson is quite a character and he has achieved a lot and so the chance for players at home to play against these guys is definitely something that is positive,” Hislop said.

Click here for full Shaka Hislop interview.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 10:32:21 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shaka: 2010 draw a tough one for T&T.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 10:54:10 PM »
Too late too late shall b d cry
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>