April 25, 2024, 03:40:04 AM

Author Topic: Kenwyne: Bring on Manchester United.  (Read 3344 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne: Bring on Manchester United.
« on: December 18, 2007, 08:27:15 AM »
Kenwyne: Bring on Manchester United.
By: Ian Laws (Sunderland Echo).

Kenwyne Jones is readying himself for the most testing period of Sunderland's season. The last days of 2007 will see the Black Cats meet fellow survival hopefuls Reading and Bolton a pair of real six-pointers.
But they also have to raise their game against title candidates Manchester United at home on Boxing Day and Euro-shooters Blackburn – two clubs who have already beaten the Black Cats this term.
Jones has started every game since his £6million arrival from Southampton at the end of August.
The 23-year-old said: "The Premier League is tough physically. It's fast and you have to work hard to get the ball and make a chance to score.
"I've played up front alone a few times, but I'm fine with that and, like everyone else, I'm getting on with it and enjoying the experience.
"There's no point playing football unless you're going to enjoy it and there is going to be plenty of football for us in the next two or three weeks.
"We've got some big games and the pressure's on every one because of where we are in the league. We've got four games in something like 10 days, but a lot of us have just come from the Championship and we're used to how that feels and we know how to get through it."
The Black Cats will continue to feel wounded when they visit Reading's Madjeski Stadium this coming weekend after feeling they were robbed of a precious home win against Aston Villa on Saturday.
Referee Steve Bennett chalked off Danny Collins's last-gasp "goal" and Jones said: "It hurts when something like that happens. But you can't think the luck is going to be against you.
"We're bitterly disappointed about Saturday and maybe we should stay angry when we go to Reading and look to win there."
Trinidad & Tobago international Jones scored his first Sunderland goal in their 2-1 home win over the Royals in September.
Steve Coppell's men had an awful start, but have won four of the 11 Premier League games they've played since – while the Black Cats have tasted victory only once.
Jones said: "I'll be trying to do my best again and hopefully this time the result will go our way. Reading are a good team and have started to show that, but we can take confidence from a lot of our performances and we have already beaten them so that is a good thing for us to remember."
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 09:30:33 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne: Bring on Manchester United
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 08:38:14 AM »
Cole and Kenwayne need to be up top for this one, Manu are too tight in the back for just one striker and Kenwayne is no Drogba

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 08:48:39 AM »
But... Kenwyne said no such thing. How them come out wit that headline?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 09:55:19 AM by planetcory »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 08:52:30 AM »
Ah still lookin fuh de Man Utd reference in terms of Kenwyne sayin "bring dem on" in de article.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 08:57:24 AM »
bring on Guadloupe....you need a TnT scoring run
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne: Bring on Manchester United.
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 10:18:39 AM »
joes having a bit of ah dry spell
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 10:22:02 AM »
sunderland needs to play football. not kick away de ball. needs to play 2-3 touch football and show little confidence in their game dis weekend.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 10:38:06 AM »
Ian Laws is probably a toon ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 11:16:58 AM »
Sunderland need's an overhaul in the middle especially a creative mid, the boy leadbitter is notorios for taking bad shots, and ross wallace this weekend changing feet to kick the ball, to me that's real amature. the man had an empty goal to score on and changed feet for a better shot! unaceptable at this level.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 01:03:40 PM »
I now come online and read that headline and ready to buff jones for making that statement because that is a statement for a team like Aston Villa or Everton or Portsmouth to make, not anyone from Sunderland.

But now i realise that the media was up to its tricks once more!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 10:10:07 PM »
Yorke, Cole and Chopra have to get a run for this game man...leaving Kenwyne alone up front eh work last time. If they have to do that then at least start one of them fellers to give him a bess ball to work with

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 11:44:26 PM »
Yorke, Cole and Chopra have to get a run for this game man...leaving Kenwyne alone up front eh work last time. If they have to do that then at least start one of them fellers to give him a bess ball to work with

Cross chopra of that list please. dat man have defenders doing his job,IMO he belongs on the bench until he learn's how to score again.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 07:48:06 AM »
I now come online and read that headline and ready to buff jones for making that statement because that is a statement for a team like Aston Villa or Everton or Portsmouth to make, not anyone from Sunderland.

But now i realise that the media was up to its tricks once more!!

ah love it!!

my sentiments exactly...i ready to pass buff on Kenwyne and ready to fire him up and tell him to watch video ah Drogba and Eto.....then ah read de article and realized de man never said that.....by de way ah find he should still watch video ah Drogba and Eto ;)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 10:17:10 AM »
I don't understand why people on here always quick to buff people up and tell them what they can and cannot say! ??? :devil:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 02:27:12 PM by dumpalewie »
TnT Patriot

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 10:22:46 AM »
I don't understand why people on here always quick to buff people up and tell them what they can't and cannot say! ??? :devil:

??? see why people quick to get buff
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 11:07:02 AM »
I don't understand why people on here always quick to buff people up and tell them what they can't and cannot say! ??? :devil:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: good one
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 02:27:50 PM »

Alright yuh ketch me.

Ah change it though.
TnT Patriot

1]; } ?>