March 28, 2024, 02:26:07 PM

Author Topic: Mario Balotelli  (Read 160647 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Balotelli
« Reply #690 on: June 28, 2012, 02:59:18 PM »
Yuh could see the joy among members of the Italian camp ... the images reflect that.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 28, 2012, 03:03:09 PM »
Yuh could see the joy among members of the Italian camp ... the images reflect that.

I find you coulda see from the previous games, but especially the England game, Balotelli seems to put a LOT of pressure on himself (and I can only imagine why)....but as yuh say that ^^ dey, the expression of joy and relief when he score the header was priceless.  Ah rel happy fuh de yute!!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 28, 2012, 03:05:39 PM »
Anybody have videos of the goals?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 28, 2012, 04:53:38 PM »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 28, 2012, 05:02:32 PM »
Don't belittle the man.  He earn his celebration.  Big goal big. Big game. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 28, 2012, 05:40:59 PM »
 :whistling:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 28, 2012, 06:22:04 PM »
Postman always rings twice

Special delivery for Germany
Youtube Channel

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 28, 2012, 07:39:09 PM »
Wicked second goal...Best goal for Euro Cup for me
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 28, 2012, 07:58:54 PM »
I swore he was off-side for the 2nd goal. but I now see it from a different angle. bombasso!!!!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 28, 2012, 08:18:24 PM »
Funny eh, watch de vibe after he score in dis game and vs ireland as well, looks like (just based on de images), like he and cassano have a special bond, almost like de bond between two less loved step children, terrors alike.  nice to see man, happy fuh de yute, keep answerin wid yuh boots
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 28, 2012, 08:41:49 PM »

well de postman done ring three time so far. he ring again and is de boot.  ;)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 28, 2012, 09:31:20 PM »

well de postman done ring three time so far. he ring again and is de boot.  ;)
:)
www.westindiantube.com

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: June 28, 2012, 09:48:01 PM »
My youth!!!

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 28, 2012, 11:06:46 PM »
Funny eh, watch de vibe after he score in dis game and vs ireland as well, looks like (just based on de images), like he and cassano have a special bond, almost like de bond between two less loved step children, terrors alike.  nice to see man, happy fuh de yute, keep answerin wid yuh boots

bad boys, what yuh gonna do?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 29, 2012, 12:50:40 AM »
What are the odds of Mario Balotelli changing his name, much like Cassius Clay did years ago, sometime during his career?

I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 29, 2012, 04:36:51 AM »
What are the odds of Mario Balotelli changing his name, much like Cassius Clay did years ago, sometime during his career?

Yeh, 4 real. maybe he could go with something Ghanaian or something.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #709 on: June 29, 2012, 09:06:51 AM »

Yeh, 4 real. maybe he could go with something Ghanaian or something.

How about something Trini:

Metta World Bachannal  :D

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 29, 2012, 09:36:23 AM »
Mario Balotelli as a black Italian hero: long may it last

Italy's joy at Balotelli's goals is a stark contrast with the racism he has faced. Can Super Mario change national attitudes?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jun/29/mario-balotelli-black-italian-hero

When Mario Balotelli smashed the ball into the corner of the net against Germany last night, wrote La Repubblica, the German keeper "watched the ball go by like a peasant observing a lorry on the motorway". At that moment, Italians all over the world jumped up from their seats and began to party. The festa went on deep into the night across Italy, with the usual chaotic cacophony of car horns, fireworks, flares, chants and scary car driving. But who was the two-goal Italian hero? Could some of those celebrating so wildly have been the same fans who, for years, had given Balotelli such a hard time in stadiums across the peninsula. The most infamous chant of all implied that the striker was not what he claimed to be: "Balotelli you are not an Italian/you are a black African". Another version of this chant was even more explicit. "There is no such thing as a black Italian".

As is well known by now, Mario Balotelli was born in Palermo to Ghanaian parents in 1990, who then gave him up for adoption to an Italian family in the north of Italy when he was just two. Under Italian law, however, he was not able to obtain Italian citizenship until he reached the age of 18, despite having been born in Italy and having always lived there. Meanwhile, players who were born elsewhere (for example, Thiago Motta from the current squad, born in Brazil) had a near-automatic right to Italian citizenship as they had Italian relatives.

But Balotelli has always been Italian. He speaks the language with a broad Brescian accent, attended local Italian schools and learned his football there. His "blackness" is therefore the issue, something which has marked him out in a country that has experienced mass foreign immigration since the mid-1980s. And Super Mario is not one to hide from publicity. He is not humble, but extremely sure of himself. He does not bow and scrape, but seems almost to enjoy the notoriety he has received from fans and players alike. He is black and extremely good at football, and he is a winner. He has played less than 100 league games for his two major clubs (Inter and Manchester City) and won four championships in that time (and four other trophies). Not a bad record for a 21-year-old.

So, Balotelli's two goals last night exposed the contradictions of the racist chants against him. Did the racists sit in their seats and look glum, as the goals went in? No, of course they didn't. They partied just like everyone else. Those two goals have taken on immense symbolic power. They are a sign that black Italians are here to stay, and this is something that a strong minority of Italians find very difficult to accept. Mario Balotelli encapsulates the stark reality of a multicultural society. Immigrants are usually seen as OK as long as they are invisible, they don't bother you and they don't have rights, and work in kitchens, or as cleaners or carers.

Last month, some of those who died after the earthquakes in central Italy were immigrants, obliged to return to factories which then collapsed on their heads. Life in Italy, for the average immigrant, is back-breaking and dangerous. They are not supposed to be seen, to be rich and famous, or be good at anything, or to be "one of us".

Reactions to Balotelli's recent success with the national team have also been illuminating. After the England game, La Gazzetta dello Sport published a bizarre cartoon depicting Mario as King Kong. At best this was in very bad taste, especially as Croatia had been fined for monkey chants towards Balotelli after an earlier game in the tournament. Yet, La Gazzetta didn't seem to think that they had made a mistake at all. They didn't get it. Their apology, when it finally came, was grudging. They simply didn't understand that depicting Balotelli as a large ape could have been seen as a problem.

This morning, Tuttosport did it again. Their headline was a play on words. "Li abbiamo fatti neri" (we made them all black). This phrase literally means "We smashed them", "we humiliated them". But the pun, was linked the word "neri" – blacks. It was not very funny, and very problematic. Twitter was also awash with debate. Some still claimed that Balotelli was "Ghanaian". Others defended the Tuttosport headline as "just a joke". Racism itself is a contested idea, and this problem has dogged Balotelli's career.

On many occasions, it has been said that the insults against him were his own fault. People blamed the victim, arguing that his "attitude" was provocative, and that he wasn't a "real champion". This is why life in Italy, for Balotelli, will always be difficult. He has always been an easy target. Don't be fooled into thinking that he has been forgiven for being a successful, proud and somewhat arrogant black Italian. The next time he makes a bad mistake, or gets sent off, or looks like he is not trying, the hostility will quickly rise again to the surface. But those spectacular two goals will have made a difference. Of that, there can be no doubt at all.

But there is hope. In November 2011 I gave a talk to 150 children in a Scuola Media in Cagliari about football. To break the ice, I asked the kids which team they support. Some said Juventus, some said Milan, some even said Cagliari. And a couple then piped up with something that surprised me a lot. They said they supported Manchester City. Why, I asked, surprised? "Because of Balotelli. He is so cool". Super Mario. He is only 21 years old, but he is already world famous. Young boys have changed their team, in Cagliari, because of him. What power!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 29, 2012, 09:51:36 AM »

Well Balotelli isn't his birth name...so you could say he did that already....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 29, 2012, 09:57:54 AM »

Yeah they are both lunatics.  Cassano been ballin' though - I eh know if yuh realize but he hitting some form. 

The Oasis brothers like Balo alot too - again lunatics.

He's also good buddies with David Santon from what I hear... 

Balo had an atypical experience growing up which has clearly affected him - If he could manage to stay focused on football and have a solid successful career, I think he will be fondly remembered for a very long time...but he will need his footballing exploits to exceed everything else.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 29, 2012, 10:18:23 AM »
Assylumseeker yuh huff meh, I was going to post that article. I'll post this one instead, I suppose...

Euro 2012: Mario Balotelli dedicates Italy v Germany goals to mother

• Striker scored twice as Italy defeated Germany 2-1
• The 21-year-old sets sights on winning golden boot

Mario Balotelli dedicated his match-winning performance in Italy's Euro 2012 semi-final against Germany to his adoptive mother.

At the final whistle, the Italy striker embraced Silvia Balotelli, who brought him up from the age of two after he was born in Italy to Ghanaian immigrants.

"After the game, when I went to my mum I said 'these goals are for you'," he said. "I waited for this moment for so long and I wanted to make my mum happy.Tonight was the most beautiful of my life – but I hope that this Sunday is even better."

Balotelli's double was enough to see Italy through to a meeting with the holders Spain in Kiev.

It extended Italy's remarkable record against Germany in tournament matches, the 2-1 win meaning the two sides have now met on eight occasions and the Azzurri have never lost.

"With Spain we are the two best teams in the tournament," said Balotelli. "Can we win? I'll tell you on Sunday."

Balotelli broke the deadlock when he rose to power home Antonio Cassano's 20th-minute cross. His second was exceptional, striding clear of the Germany defence to collect Riccardo Montolivo's superb through ball before blasting an unstoppable shot past Manuel Neuer.

It took Balotelli to three goals for the tournament and he is now favourite to win the coveted Golden Boot prize. "In the final I hope to make it four," he said. "I will try to score another goal but in football you can do that a lot and still never score. Sometimes you need a bit of luck."

Balotelli's efforts earned the praise of the Italy manager Cesare Prandelli.

"He was excellent, like the entire team," said Prandelli. "I really believe that a team needs to have an idea of the way they play, and he really subscribed to this playing style. He ran into space high up the pitch, was always available, and put in a very good performance this evening."

For the Germany manager Joachim Löw, it was another shattering disappointment.

Despite reaching the last four for the fourth tournament running, they are still to end their wait for a trophy, which stretches back to Euro 96.

"We've had two great years," said Löw, whose side suffered their first defeat since the World Cup semi-final against Spain two years ago.

"The team has really developed well. We won 15 games in a row but lost today against an incredibly strong Italian side, with a strong axis and two great strikers.

"There's no reason to doubt ourselves. Our team was the youngest team here. Even though there's disappointment today, we played a wonderful tournament and I am sure we will be able to cope with this defeat."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/29/euro-2012-mario-balotelli-dedicates-mother
www.westindiantube.com

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 29, 2012, 10:48:40 AM »
Nice to see mom there
Youtube Channel

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 29, 2012, 11:32:55 AM »

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 29, 2012, 11:48:53 AM »
I pity the fool....

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 29, 2012, 11:54:26 AM »
Watch meh, watch meh!  :bringiton:

Why Always Me :whistling:

Best
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 29, 2012, 12:04:33 PM »
he is the only reason i want italy to win on sunday.  i want him score de winning goal too

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 29, 2012, 05:01:06 PM »
he is the only reason i want italy to win on sunday.  i want him score de winning goal too

Ditto
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>