April 19, 2024, 11:40:52 AM

Author Topic: Corneal's first aim is to get the right mix‏.  (Read 6994 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Corneal's first aim is to get the right mix‏.
« on: December 22, 2007, 05:31:52 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/color]

Anton Corneal, interim coach of the Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team in light of the six-month suspension handed to Wim Rijsbergen, says his immediate focus will be getting the right mixture of players based overseas and locally into the National set up again as this country looks ahead to the 2010 World Cup qualifying campaign.
First on the agenda is the Ash Wednesday February 6 friendly international against Guadeloupe at the Queen’s Park Oval. And for this encounter which will also be part of the T&T Football Federation’s centennial celebrations, Corneal will consider all players for selection including members of the 2006 World Cup team who have not represented the country since a friendly against Austria on November 15, 2006.
Corneal has been an assistant coach to the T&T Senior Team in years gone by under head coaches Zoran Vranes, Jochen Figge, Kenny Joseph and most recent Leo Beenhakker at the 2006 World Cup and Rijsbergen. He also led Malta Carib Alcons to the 1993 Caribbean Professional League crown as player/coach. At the top of his list of achievements as head coach is definitely leading T&T’s National Under 17 team to the 2007 FIFA Under 17 World Championship. Currently, there will hardly be a player who will be in the mix of the Senior Team who hasn’t had experience working with the former national player.
“I am not coming into the position as an inexperienced coach and I think that is an advantage for me as well as should be beneficial to the entire set up,” Corneal told TTFF Media.
“I have been fortunate to work with coaches like Jochan Figge, Vranes and of course Leo Beenhakker and Rijsbergen. Added to that I have worked with almost every player that will be in the mix for the campaign coming up and that will benefit both sides,” he added.
“Some people may not be aware of all this but what is most important is that the parties that are actually involved in the development of our football and the overall game in Trinidad and Tobago are well aware and can ensure that we use it to our benefits.
“This is going to be a challenge but the main focus has to be the continuing of our programme towards the 2010 World Cup. We may be somewhat behind but we haven’t been totally out of it and it’s a matter of us getting back on track which everyone involved is committed to at this time.
“It’s important at this time to have back the best mix possible including the overseas and local players. There are also young and upcoming players who need to be given the opportunity at this time and that along with getting the right mixture will have to be looked at over our next three games or so,” Corneal concluded.
Aside from the Guadeloupe game, T&T will meet Jamaica in Kingston on March 26 and continue preparations towards its opening World Cup qualifier against Bermuda/Cayman Islands in June 2008. Corneal mentioned that the initial squad for the Guadeloupe game will be selected in early 2008.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 05:36:42 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Corneal's first aim is to get the right mix‏.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 05:41:35 PM »
good luck "Tanna"...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 05:51:11 PM »
Erskine to Induct Four Into Athletic Hall of Fame.
By: Jason Peevy, Brad Anderson, Ashley Cain & Kyle Setzer.

Erskine College will induct four new members into its athletic Flying Fleet Hall of Fame during a banquet as part of Homecoming 1999 ceremonies Oct. 23, including two former baseball standouts, a soccer star, and one of basketball's “Atomic Twins.”

Terry Tyler, Class of 1964, and Paul Nickell, Class of 1956, will be the baseball inductees. Other inductees include Anton Corneal, Class of 1985, in soccer, and Darrell Storm, Class of 1956, in basketball.

Darrell Storm came to Erskine from Corbin, Ky., in 1952, along with C.D. Vermillion, as freshman guards, joining senior Bob “Country” Cathers, also of Corbin. Coach Gene Alexander utilized all the Corbin players in a three-guard offense that averaged more than 85 points per game, and the 17-year-old Storm was one of the most agile ball handlers and push shot artists on the squad. As a freshman, Storm scored 262 points, averaging 10.5 per game.

As a sophomore on Erskine's 22-3 team that made the finals of the NAIA playoffs, Storm averaged more than 16 points per game. He and Vermillion were known as the “Atomic Twins,” as Erskine's offensive attack raged for an average 90 points per game, third in the nation.

During his junior year, he captained Erskine to a 14-10 record. Storm led Erskine with 19.3 points per game. He was equally impressive his senior year, being named second team All-State.

In his four years as a starter, Storm helped Erskine compile a 66-37 record, twice making the NAIA playoffs.

In the era of wooden bats, Paul Nickell hit .477 in 1955, setting a modern single-season record that would stand for 14 years. It is still today the fourth-highest average ever compiled by an Erskine batter and is the second highest with a wooden bat.

That record highlighted a brilliant four-year career for the Edwardsville, Ill., native. He joined Erskine in 1953 as a freshman outfielder/pitcher, hitting .274 with three homers and claiming three pitching victories. By the end of his sophomore year, he was touted as a major league prospect as a power-hitting outfielder. His senior year, during a 13-8 campaign, Nickell was the number one pitcher and hitter for the Fleet, leading the team in home runs, batting average, and strikeouts.

He signed with the Detroit Tigers and spent the first half of the summer of 1956 in Terre Haute, Ind. The Tigers then moved him to Idaho Falls, Idaho, where he concluded the summer, hitting nearly .400 in “B” baseball. A successful start to the summer of 1957 earned him a promotion to the Durham Bulls of the South Atlantic League. He continued to play in the South Atlantic League until 1960.

Terry Tyler, a powerful freshman from Savannah, Ga., switched from pitcher to first base for his sophomore season, and in 1962 hit .483 for his first 14 games and ended the season with a team-leading .396 average, helping the Fleet to a 13-9 record. The next season he, along with freshman centerfielder Jimmy Fairey and freshman hurler Larry Edwards, helped lead Erskine to its best record in 27 years, 15-5. Tyler hit .381, with six doubles, two triples, and 20 RBI.

During Tyler's senior season, he had a key ninth-inning double as Erskine twice came from behind to defeat South Carolina in its opener of the 1964 season. The Fleet went on to sweep two games from the Gamecocks that season, win six of seven on its spring trip, and compile a 24-8 record while capturing the NAIA District 26 championship. Tyler's average dipped to .307, but he led the team with 10 doubles and 32 RBI.

In the three years as a field player, Tyler averaged more than an RBI per game; and Erskine compiled a combined record of 52-22 against competition that included top small college competition plus such Division I powers as South Carolina and The Citadel.

Anton Corneal, from Maracas Valley, Trinidad, was the youngest member of the Trinidad National Team, coached by his father, and he had already honed his skills in World Cup preliminary competition before entering college.

Though opponents would double- and triple-team Corneal, he became the catalyst of the Erskine attack, a role he would hold for four years. As a freshman his ball control also helped an Erskine defense that scored a team record 10 shutouts that season. The Fleet tied South Carolina, 0-0, lost 1-0 to Duke and 2-0 to Clemson, and outscored its first six opponents, 16-1. Although the Fleet lost in the Area finals, Erskine completed the season 11-5-3, won the NAIA District 6 Championship, and held opponents to 15 goals in 19 matches.

That opened an impressive career in which Corneal set a team record for assists (47) and scored 38 goals, while leading Erskine to three district championships and into the NAIA National Tournament in 1982 with a 17-5 record, Erskine's finest ever up to that time. The Flying Fleet defeated South Carolina in overtime in 1983 and captured the first two Erskine Invitational Tournaments in 1982 and 1983 against nationally-ranked NAIA competition. Erskine's record during Corneal's four years was 42-22-5, with 15 of the 22 losses coming against NCAA competition. Corneal was all-district four times and three times won All-South and NAIA All-American honors.

His success helped attract world-class Trinidad soccer players to Erskine, including his future teammates Graeme Rodriquez and Veron Skinner, both also All-Americans. Later, Trinidad players such as Brian Haynes, Garth Pollonais, Peter Lewis, and Crispin St. Louis would help maintain Erskine's winning soccer tradition. The tradition of fine Trinidadian players at Erskine continues until the present time.

Corneal's demeanor, as an athlete and as a student, made him popular on the field and on the campus. His magician-like skills made him a crowd-pleaser without showboating. Pleasant and smiling, he exuded happiness in his game and held his temper despite drawing numerous fouls.

Anton Corneal '85
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 05:55:25 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/color]

Corneal has been an assistant coach to the T&T Senior Team in years gone by under head coaches Zoran Vranes, Jochen Figge, Kenny Joseph and most recent Leo Beenhakker at the 2006 World Cup and Rijsbergen. He also led Malta Carib Alcons to the 1993 Caribbean Professional League crown as player/coach. At the top of his list of achievements as head coach is definitely leading T&T’s National Under 17 team to the 2007 FIFA Under 17 World Championship. Currently, there will hardly be a player who will be in the mix of the Senior Team who hasn’t had experience working with the former national player.

seems as Fuentes   answered back  lasana
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 06:08:32 PM »
who want to bet that only forren players associated with Mike Berry be called up now......damn I too cynical....sorry eh
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 06:14:40 PM »
Are we going to be ‘also rans’?
By KIRK PERREIRA (tntmirror).

National coach Anton Corneal has to put on his thinking cap, I recommend, before he gets himself into a confrontation with the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL).

Listening to Atomic Anton and Whimsy Wim on the issue of our national Under-16 players, one would think that national football is the be-all and end-all of these youngsters’ lives.

If it is so important -- qualification for the Under-17 World Youth Championships -- then don’t stop with the SSFL. Why not take them away from their environment, parents and education and let them play football for eight hours every day so they can concentrate on qualification?

But after qualification, what’s next?

Is T&T going to be ‘also rans’ or are the young Jumpers and Wavers going to win the global tournament?

I suspect Atomic Anton is being hasty, although it appears he has good intentions as a coach, but, as a guardian and mentor for those youngsters, he’s way too absent-minded for my liking.

Perhaps, Atomic Anton should try to remember the pride he took in wearing his Fatima College colours in those battles with St. Mary’s College and Mucurapo Senior Comprehensive back in the 70s when players like Ian Clauzel, Christian Rodriquez and himself drew the crowds and entertained the fans, and how much that helped in his development as a footballer, scholar and, I might add, as a human being.

Now, our world is going to be turned upside down by Atomic Anton, because the Jumpers and Waves qualified for Germany 2006 and our technical experts are setting unrealistic goals (forgive the pun) for all our National teams.

It would seem, to this humble scribe, that we have lost all sense of reality, and our senior coaches are hell-bent on going to every FIFA “World Cup”, even if that means destroying the traditional nursery for our young players.

I would have preferred that Atomic Anton create an alternative solution, rather than trying to destroy what the young players cherish so much and what is considered for so many the highlight of the local football season.

The rhetoric all sounds good, though; Atomic Anton’s insistence that we have to have our priorities straight and the national interest should come first. (I just hope the parents find their voices and put an end to this nonsense talk.)

Did our national coaches take into consideration the views of the parents of these boys before coming to their draconian proposal?

I may be wrong but it seems like a done deal; the players are going to be banned from playing for their schools because the “intensity level” is too low and they have to do “strength training.”

By the way, are Atomic Anton and Whimsy Wim guaranteeing those boys a place in the next under-17 world championships if they give up playing for their schools?

Life has its challenges and I think the know-all coaches should spend a little time developing a plan for the youngsters that includes them playing for their schools, so they can have the best of both worlds, without Atomic Anton taking after the SSFL with a big club.

This just seems so unnecessary and our technical experts should think careful before they execute this master plan; just a word of wisdom from someone with far more grey hair than Atomic Anton.

Give the boys the chance to be boys and stop talking about what Haiti is doing.

A few golden eras came to an end recently and I would like to take the opportunity to pay tribute to President Noor Hassanali, who was featured in my hour-long documentary, A Positive Choice, back in the late 90s, and Sir Clyde Walcott, indomitable West Indian cricket legend and Caribbean statesman.

The genesis of the documentary was the holistic benefits of combining sports and academics and the former President was most gracious to be featured in the programme as a footballer at Naparima College and his university days in Canada who went on to be one of the finest jurists this country has ever produced.

Sir Clyde was a living legend in West Indies cricket for so many years it is hard to accept that he has left us.

I last spoke to Sir Clyde in 2004 when I attended the annual Sir Frank Worrell lecture at the Cave Hill Campus, Barbados.

I had gone there to promote my idea of a documentary on the life of Sir Frank Worrell and I was shocked to see Sir Clyde in attendance, confined to a wheelchair.

I was much relieved when he confided that his injury was merely temporary and we engaged in a rather enlightening discussion about the proposed documentary. Of course, he was all for it and lamented the fact that it had been so long since Sir Frank death that the idea was being mooted.

Sir Clyde even whispered in my ear that Sir Frank has an heir, a fact that had never been revealed to me before, because I knew that Sir Frank’s daughter, Alana, had also died, sadly, like her father in her early 40s.

I have had some rather fortunate moments in my life and on one of my visits to Barbados (I don’t remember the year) in the early 80s, I was picked up at the Airport by Alana Worrell!

I was not working in the media at the time but I had long been fascinated with Sir Frank, so when I sat in that old Mercedes Benz with her behind the wheel I had the feeling I was with royalty.

Sports fans, I spent the entire drive looking at her in wonder and we chatted quite a bit, although I can’t remember much else about the trip.

So you can imagine my excitement when Sir Clyde told me that Alana had a son and that the father of “the boy” was one of Sir Clyde’s sons and he added that the young Worrell/Walcott was living in obscurity in Canada.

Can you imagine that?

A West Indian with the blood of Sir Clyde Walcott and Sir Frank Worrell in his veins is living in Canada!

Surely, this is an issue for Caricom to address.

I remember the lugubrious and hurt look on Sir Clyde’s face when he related the tale and I would think that an effort should be made to find out what is the status of this young Worrell/Walcott and see if we can have him return home and be given his rightful place in our West Indian civilisation.

Sports fans, we have lost much and the real sad thing is we are not even aware of what we have lost.

On the very day that the West Indies face Pakistan in the opening match of the ICC Cricket World Cup at Sabina Park, Jamaica (March 13, 2007), it will be exactly 40 years since Sir Frank left us (March 13, 1967), and it hurts me that more Australians know who Sir Frank Worrell was than West Indians.

The question is: who is going to step up and right this wrong?

How do we, as a people, commemorate the life of, arguably, the greatest West Indian who ever lived?

Whither the torch bearer?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 06:16:00 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 10:27:07 PM »
MEH EH CARE ANTON FIND D RIGHT MIX PELE ETAL EH GO B D RIGHT MIX ONCE JW IN D MIX
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 11:13:22 PM »
Yuh Dun Know he picking he favorites....... :-\
All American

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 12:19:48 AM »
Ok this is my take on this , Is all ah set up ,planned by Anton and Macomeh 'and maybe fishs too  ;D".Cause Mac like he doh like these pigmently challenged men already . So they get Wim all in ah frenzy ,after Lincolns comments ,and instigate that whole seen lol ,and just fall een nice nice .I could imagine the conversation wit them and wim.
Any way now anton saying all the words ,promising to fix everything .Like ah saviour plzzz.And with macomeh they ,that little speech Fenwick give about his players being the core for TnT ,just got obsolete  ::) .
Poor wim and Linc was just pattsies in a more diabolical plot ,hatched by these two kakaholes .

That my assumtion anyway lol .
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 12:26:06 AM by Quagmire »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 12:28:05 AM »
Ok this is my take on this , Is all ah set up ,planned by Anton and Macomeh 'and maybe fishs too  ;D".Cause Mac like he doh like these pigmently challenged men already . So they get Wim all in ah frenzy ,after Lincolns comments ,and instigate that whole seen lol ,and just fall een nice nice .I could imagine the conversation wit them and wim.
Any way now anton saying all the words ,promising to fix everything .Like ah saviour plzzz.And with macomeh they ,that little speech Fenwick give about his players being the core for TnT ,just got obsolete  ::) .
Poor wim and Linc was just pattsies in a more diabolical plot ,hatched by these two kakaholes .

That my assumtion anyway lol .

The conspiracy theory , I was waiting for this 1  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  ah good go to sleep now.  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 12:48:17 AM »
Is only a  theory if is not fact fishs ,this one might be ,but you can t say say it not reeking with  conspiracies . The Joe Public coach now second in command ,so all his players getting exposer ,i.e is Jack making monies when they get sold ,Anton who grooming heself for years for a job nobody wants him in ,get it on the cheap to ,jack like that .No big salary for wim ,who was a wimp for not demanding like leo ,I might add .
The only good thing that could come of this is if Anton break the impasse ,get back the players for us ,and then we hire a good coach .
Man it now dawn on me ,we have the worst most corrupt federation,perhaps on the entire planet .
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 12:59:14 AM by Quagmire »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 01:36:05 AM »
Is only a  theory if is not fact fishs ,this one might be ,but you can t say say it not reeking with  conspiracies . The Joe Public coach now second in command ,so all his players getting exposer ,i.e is Jack making monies when they get sold ,Anton who grooming heself for years for a job nobody wants him in ,get it on the cheap to ,jack like that .No big salary for wim ,who was a wimp for not demanding like leo ,I might add .
The only good thing that could come of this is if Anton break the impasse ,get back the players for us ,and then we hire a good coach .
Man it now dawn on me ,we have the worst most corrupt federation,perhaps on the entire planet .

Perspective, we really don't have a federation, what we have is an entity that is owned by Jack Warner that runs football in TT, whether we like it or not JACK controls our football destiny.

Get vex about that and that only, everybody else who involved in football working for this knigpin and most of them just doing it for a living.
We could say what we want about the coachs but inTT the big coaching job is the national coach job and no TT coach regardless how good he is getting that job without kowtowing to Jack. Anton work and maybe as you say manipulate himself into the job now albeit caretaker,but from his perspective and his supporters nothing wrong with that, he jus play the game better than the rest at least for now.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 03:03:49 AM »
“Some people may not be aware of all this but what is most important is that the parties that are actually involved in the development of our football and the overall game in Trinidad and Tobago are well aware and can ensure that we use it to our benefits.
“This is going to be a challenge but the main focus has to be the continuing of our programme towards the 2010 World Cup. We may be somewhat behind but we haven’t been totally out of it and it’s a matter of us getting back on track which everyone involved is committed to at this time.

Anton Corneal's words

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 05:37:18 AM »
One thing i know for sure. the worst thing i ever did was to get emotionally envoled with T&T football again, that's like giving a sketel a 2nd chance to break yuh heart anew. why didn't I say to meh friend bing when he came to me in late 04 and convince me to follow the campaigne, boy go f@ck yuh self and leave me alone wid yuh trinidad bull shyte nah boss, instead i got curious and look, badang!!!! ah get trapped like ah gouti in ah cage.

now it really hard for me to distance myself BC  I  AM  EMOTIONALLY AH F@KIN TATCHED!! so i have to find a way to unatatch my self from these mad old men. doh get meh wrong !! i really love meh country and the football , and that's evident, but i can't deal with mediocrity and slime-ball behavior. ah guess the ride was worth the fall ,but i honestly thought that jack and dem made enough money and they wanted to settle in and improve the game in T&T after all. it turned out i was all the way wrong.                       

PS.    good luck worriors with yuh 2010 campaign, i must abandon this train ride since i sense a wreck up ahead.        positive

JACK AND HIS MINIONS MUST GO FOR US TO GROW!!!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 05:42:48 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2007, 09:26:05 AM »
The right mix is to blacklist the TTFF, Jackass, and any Cornell family members.
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2007, 10:00:23 AM »
One thing i know for sure. the worst thing i ever did was to get emotionally envoled with T&T football again, that's like giving a sketel a 2nd chance to break yuh heart anew. why didn't I say to meh friend bing when he came to me in late 04 and convince me to follow the campaigne, boy go f@ck yuh self and leave me alone wid yuh trinidad bull shyte nah boss, instead i got curious and look, badang!!!! ah get trapped like ah gouti in ah cage.

now it really hard for me to distance myself BC  I  AM  EMOTIONALLY AH F@KIN TATCHED!! so i have to find a way to unatatch my self from these mad old men. doh get meh wrong !! i really love meh country and the football , and that's evident, but i can't deal with mediocrity and slime-ball behavior. ah guess the ride was worth the fall ,but i honestly thought that jack and dem made enough money and they wanted to settle in and improve the game in T&T after all. it turned out i was all the way wrong.                       

PS.    good luck worriors with yuh 2010 campaign, i must abandon this train ride since i sense a wreck up ahead.        positive

JACK AND HIS MINIONS MUST GO FOR US TO GROW!!!

I myself  feeling the same way. I not down with the Man U this and Real Madrid that. I like my Jablo Cali and Connection and T&T youth teams. But supporting T&T  senior team football is becoming couterproductive and anathema to development.  Jack's real in T&T power lies in the fact that players need national team hours to play abroad. But if more club players go the route of Mathew Bartholemew Jan Michael then we might be cooking with gas. IF the proleague gets more community support, and it looks like they will be pushing hard for that in the next few years,  they could gain enough authority start forcing better descisions from the TTFF or eventually stage a coup. I rather support the league, shitty as it is than get fooled into thinking that because we throw JW tief money at a big coach and make world cup then "we reach". How many people on this site still saying that?

Sad
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2007, 10:14:22 AM »

Perspective, we really don't have a federation, what we have is an entity that is owned by Jack Warner that runs football in TT, whether we like it or not JACK controls our football destiny.

Get vex about that and that only, everybody else who involved in football working for this knigpin and most of them just doing it for a living.
We could say what we want about the coachs but inTT the big coaching job is the national coach job and no TT coach regardless how good he is getting that job without kowtowing to Jack. Anton work and maybe as you say manipulate himself into the job now albeit caretaker,but from his perspective and his supporters nothing wrong with that, he jus play the game better than the rest at least for now.

Quags......not only Jackula but i believe that FIFA is THE MOST CORRUPT sports organisation in the World.

Fishs...TELL DEM man........

OK, so how DOES a TNT Football fan come to terms with the fact that Jackula "run tings" and continue to give their support to the People who organise our Football.
That has got to be the most difficult thing for TnT Football supporters to do.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2007, 10:44:29 AM »
West coast our  football will survuve with out warner... the national team will get backing if the step down...

Just and old article from Jan 2004

Eastern Lions to pull out Pro League.

By Joel Bailey - T&T Newsday.
08-Jan-2004 - It’s official! Joe Public Football Club are indeed playing their final season in the T&T Pro League. According to club chairman and owner Jack Austin Warner, Joe Public will be out of the competition at the end of the current season. “Joe Public will be playing, if accepted, in the Super League,” added the FIFA vice-president and head of CONCACAF. The club was formed in 1996 by the Warner family (Jack, wife Maureen as well as sons Daryan and Darryl) with veteran administrator Harold Taylor as co-chairman. It is based at the Lever Brothers ground in Tunapuna, which is now the site of the Dr Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence. With a stated aim of “setting the trend for establishing high standards of professionalism at club football in the Caribbean” Joe Public won the 1998 Craven A Semi-Professional Football League and were runners-up in 1997, 1999 and 2001. They also copped the 2001 FA Trophy, after being the beaten finalists in 1999 and 2000. But the club has been on a downward slide since and, bedevilled by indiscipline and lack of financial returns, have suffered to make an impact this season.
“Joe Public, over the last six years, have spent over $21 million and I don’t think that is value for money. And nothing I’ve seen in the Pro League seems to suggest that there will be an improvement,” Warner said. Commenting on the current Pro League, which have lacked an official sponsor since Warner pulled out of local football after the 2001 General Elections, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) advisor said: “I wish them well if they can improve.” “I’ve tried to get the two leagues (Pro and Super) to merge, and therefore use all the expertise that we have in a small country. I did not succeed. I also tried to see whether they can attract sponsors since I’ve left. They have not done that. “For me, I could not continue with the financial haemorrhage that has taken place with my company, my family and the association,” he said.
The Macoya-based club had a number of coaches during their stint at the highest level of local football, including Keith Look Loy, Yugoslavian Zoran Vranes, Jamaal Shabazz, Kenny Joseph, Clayton Morris, and the incumbent Ron La Forest while Richard Abraham and Joseph Sam Phillip served as managers of the club. And, among the long list of high-profile players to wear the Joe Public’s colours were national representatives Arnold Dwarika, Travis Mulraine, Nigel Pierre, Dale Saunders, Michael McComie, Lyndon Andrews, Kerwyn Jemmott, Stokely Mason, Keyeno Thomas, Adaryl John and Angus Eve as well as midfielder Kendall Velox (St Vincent) and striker McUnisa Conteh (Sierra Leone).

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2007, 10:51:58 AM »
Fellas, in my opinion, the ONLY way Jackula would not be involved in TnT Football is if He and EVERY member of his family and the whole board of directors of TTFF were in an Airplane and for it to CRASH...dais de only way that Jackula would not be involved with TnT Football again.
sorry to be so morbid at this time of the year but that is how I feel.
Till then it is .......... SNAFU
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2007, 01:17:37 PM »
Fellas, in my opinion, the ONLY way Jackula would not be involved in TnT Football is if He and EVERY member of his family and the whole board of directors of TTFF were in an Airplane and for it to CRASH...dais de only way that Jackula would not be involved with TnT Football again.
sorry to be so morbid at this time of the year but that is how I feel.
Till then it is .......... SNAFU
yuh know it eh good to wish people bad but ah have to agree wid yuh......

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2007, 02:19:05 PM »
After digesting the info contained in this post, including the propaganda, the conclusion must be drawn that this is a coup'de'tat' on Trinidad football.  If a big footballing country like England can come to the conclusion that ytheir very best coaches cannot coach their national team, why is it that we think we have coaches within T&T ranks that can coach the national team successfully.  Anton has get promise, but after being blown away and the U!& WC he is ne rewarded wth a senior team appointment, can someone please explain this?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2007, 09:32:34 PM »
Westcoast u preach dey
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2007, 03:42:28 PM »
A team's success is contingent on having a coach who is not only qualified for the position but who could   surround himself with bona fide assistants. Would Mr. Corneal benefit from the likes of :

Latapy
Yorke
Stephen Hart

Shaka

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2008, 10:15:33 AM »
"Corneal's first aim is to get the right mix‏."

wait nuh, ent is like how Big Magician does say
the right mix is "Scotch and Coconut water" :devil:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2008, 10:31:26 AM »
It is de right mix of Alcon & friends players !

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2008, 10:48:12 AM »
If at first u don't succeed try try again so please find d rite mix

1]; } ?>