April 25, 2024, 10:54:59 PM

Author Topic: Shaka thinks Corneal best for Soca Warriors.  (Read 5667 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Shaka thinks Corneal best for Soca Warriors.
« on: December 29, 2007, 09:21:47 AM »
Shaka thinks Corneal best for Soca Warriors.
By: Stephon Nicholas (Newsday).
[/size]

Interim president of the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT), Shaka Hislop has heaped praise on the recently appointed interim coach of the national football team Anton Corneal.
“Corneal was part of the coaching staff in (the 2006 World Cup in) Germany and is qualified for the job,” the recently retired Soca Warriors goalkeeper stated yesterday.
“I hope he brings stability and continuity to local football and all players regardless of club will be given a fair chance to represent their country,” he continued.
Corneal was appointed after the head coach, Dutchman Wim Rijsbergen was suspended for six months by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF).
Speaking to Newsday yesterday in a long distance telephone call from the United States, the former West Ham goalie pointed out that Rijsbergen’s period at the helm of local football was disappointing.
But to be fair, Hislop said, the blacklisting of the World Cup players because of the bonus payments dispute did not work in his favour.
Rijsbergen was forced to choose a “B” team for the 2007 Gold Cup held in June and the new-look team was subsequently eliminated in the first round with two defeats and a draw.
Despite this, Hislop is optimistic that when TT take on either Bermuda or the Cayman Islands in our opening match of the 2010 World Cup qualifiers in June, the Soca Warriors will have our best 11 on the field.
He expressed confidence that when the arbitrators hear the case concerning the World Cup bonus payments in March next year “the issue will be resolved.”
The resolution is expected to end the feud that developed between the TTFF and the newly formed players union.
“FPATT and the TTFF have mutual respect for each other,” said the 38-year-old goalie who last played for the FC Dallas in the MLS.
“And given time our relationship will improve since the improvement of TT football is our objective.” He pointed out that his organisation is engaging in a membership drive and he is encouraging the local based footballers to join the organisation.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Shaka thinks Corneal best for Soca Warriors.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 09:29:26 AM »
“I hope he brings stability and continuity to local football and all players regardless of club will be given a fair chance to represent their country,” he continued.
:thinking:
den again IF Jackula say "pick that player", he have to do so
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 08:14:02 PM »
Well, well, well ... 11 hours since Flex post this and aside from WC not a comment? Cha! Shaka bun all de vampires?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 08:40:17 PM »
Well, well, well ... 11 hours since Flex post this and aside from WC not a comment? Cha! Shaka bun all de vampires?
I can't speak for everybody, but I have respect for Shaka...but I absolutely disagree that Wim did a disappointing job, given the blacklist in effect.  I mean a few months after Leo rack he brain and come up with the best players he think to represent T&T.  Take away 19 of them...add to that the ones that retire. from a small country like T&T, I don't think you could just overlook that and say...yeah, but he shoulda do better - ie. he shoulda beat Haiti and the couple other games we loss at the gold cup.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 11:43:50 PM »
Shaka we eh go agree on dis 1.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 12:17:13 AM »
I can't speak for everybody, but I have respect for Shaka...but I absolutely disagree that Wim did a disappointing job, given the blacklist in effect. I mean a few months after Leo rack he brain and come up with the best players he think to represent T&T. Take away 19 of them...add to that the ones that retire. from a small country like T&T, I don't think you could just overlook that and say...yeah, but he shoulda do better - ie. he shoulda beat Haiti and the couple other games we loss at the gold cup.
I bet beenie ,would not have put up with thais shit .That why I said wim was a whim ! ,he had jack walking all over him . So yes he dissapoint
Glad.....I mean interesting to see it haveing solidarity with some of the vets in the appointment ,maybe they feel anton paid his dues .This is quite a task to trust on him doh ,he might f**k it up .
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 12:18:50 AM by Quagmire »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 12:22:36 AM »
We just shocked .
So ah guess he talking for everybody .Guess it nice to see one of they own get the job ,even doh I found him to be shitty when I saw him  play lol . But he is the only play with the strings to put this off .

Anton just get macomeh to stop being bias to other club players .
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 12:24:10 AM by Quagmire »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 12:24:11 AM »
well what is the BIGGER picture from Shaka's point of view?

I think that having Anton as the head coach is way down the list of things that are giving Shaka sleepless nights.
I would think that in relation to having our STRONGEST team on the field this is peanuts for the FPATT.
Getting our strongest team is job one..........period....
To hell with the Jacklist..
excuse my outburst but seriously Jack, get DERID of dat Jacklist..........NOW
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 12:26:03 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 01:55:08 AM »

Speaking to Newsday yesterday in a long distance telephone call from the United States, the former West Ham goalie pointed out that Rijsbergen’s period at the helm of local football was disappointing.
But to be fair, Hislop said, the blacklisting of the World Cup players because of the bonus payments dispute did not work in his favour.

they really should provide at least one actual quote to support this section of the article.

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 09:57:42 AM »
Shaka is being Pc. I still believe corneal doesn't have the experience to handle the job. Don't look at the shit Caribbean side they will be playing soon, but the US, Costa Rica, Mexico, central American teams last in the year. Happy New Year with the same shit.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 10:08:55 AM by ttcom »
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 08:27:11 AM »

they really should provide at least one actual quote to support this section of the article.

Yuh know what they say...Headlines does sell papers....and this was a classical example, because the Express had a slightly different slant and maybe Shaka didn't put it across like what that reporter put there.

I cyah remember the exact words right now, but he hinted that Corneal was probably the best choice of coaches right now, in as much as he had been assistant coach to Beenie and others and was a highly qualified coach himself.  He also hinted that Wim probably didn't have the best record with the NT, but one had to consider the conditions (which we all know about) in which he had to work.  I cyah remember him using words like "disappointing". 

But then again, the reporter did say that the conversation was via "a long distance phone call to the Newsday"...so yuh cyah really doubt him too much.

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 10:14:18 AM »
If yuh tell anton he looking sexy and emotionally I think we're in sink,yuh place book on the team an starting eleven,never trust ah undercover macomeh man............... ;D ;D ;D 

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 11:10:34 AM »
Reeeaaaalllyyy?? ???

Ok dat was mih initial reaction.....ah goh read de article now....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 11:16:29 AM »
And mih initial reaction stands.......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 12:18:10 PM »
long distance on a b mobile cell phone so he eh hear too well
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>