April 27, 2024, 04:32:29 AM

Author Topic: New Year, New Coach, New life for Kerron Clement – IAAF Online Diaries  (Read 3120 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
New Year, New Coach, New life for Kerron Clement – IAAF Online Diaries
Thursday 10 January 2008

World champion Kerron Clement is the latest addition to the IAAF Online Diaries. From his new home in California, the 22-year-old 400m hurdler updates us on his current track and personal news.

“Happy New Year Everyone!

“Christmas was really good, I spent Christmas and New year’s in Houston, Texas with my family. Although I went to the University of Florida and stayed in Gainesville afterwards I went to Laporte High school in Texas which is twenty minutes outside of Houston. So I went back there for the holidays.

“My entire family was there. I have two older sisters and one of them has a house in Baytown, Texas. We were together as a family. We ate and we sat around and talked about old times, stuff like that. For New Year’s we went to church which is an old tradition for us.

“Basically Los Angeles is my hometown now because I moved here a month ago. I used to live in Gainesville but I switched coaches. I knew who I wanted to go with and that’s Bobby Kersee. He lives in California and it wasn’t a hard decision as to where I was going. So I moved out here.

“I still have a condo in Florida and my mom and sister are still there. But I am looking to buy something in California because I don’t like renting.

“During the Christmas holidays I trained by myself at the University of Houston but Bobby was faxing me the workouts I was doing every day. I had weekends off and Wednesdays too just to rest my legs.

“Now I am back in LA we are training at the UCLA campus I basically started with spikes today. We had been doing longer stuff, 600m’s, 30 minute road runs. Three days ago we started doing hurdles in spikes. We had been doing a lot of over-distance more mileage than in Florida where the most we were doing is 45 seconds runs.

“It’s kind of early to see how the training is going to be different. But I can tell you I am way stronger this year than last year. Every year I feel I am getting stronger and stronger. I am not really sure what Bobby is training me towards, I have to talk to my agent Caroline Feith and my coach to see what we are going to do during indoors.

“Oh my goodness, I am very thrilled about the upcoming Olympics because it is my first one. A lot of people are kind of worried because of the move to California I made but I believe in myself and I believe that Bobby Kersee will help me to win an Olympic title. I am just really excited about it.

“In 2004 I didn’t try out for the Olympics because I was really young, I believe I was 18 or 19. I felt it best to use the World Junior Championships to test the international waters and I did that, and I ran really well and I actually won. I know this time around, in Beijing, it’s my time and I am ready for that.

“My gold medal from Osaka is at home in a vault. I do take it out from time to time to remind myself that hard work pays off and I am running to win gold medals. That's all for now.”

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New Year, New Coach, New life for Kerron Clement – IAAF Online Diaries
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 01:09:40 PM »
lord at we could ah be hearing at Osaka last year

Forged from the love of liberty
In the fires of hope and prayer
With boundless faith in our destiny
We solemnly declare:

but we hearing

O say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight,
O’er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets’ red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star spangled banner yet wave
O’er the land of the free, and the home of the brave?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 03:57:36 AM »
He and Stephen Ames allyuh will never let go eh? 

De man gone...why so we waste time thinking "what if"...Look how many athletes Jamaica have representing other countries! It's kind of a compliment to us, man.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 05:45:16 AM »
He and Stephen Ames allyuh will never let go eh? 
De man gone...why so we waste time thinking "what if"...Look how many athletes Jamaica have representing other countries! It's kind of a compliment to us, man.
buh Stephen does go back and take part in Golf for youngsters ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 06:45:16 PM »
very good point...I doubt Kerron go ever come back for any reason whatsoever
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 06:55:46 PM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 12:29:30 PM »
Why allyuh still posting ting bout this boy on here?  He is Trini???steeeuuuppps >:( >:( ::)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 04:16:56 AM »
Well, is here the man born yuh know....
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 08:23:47 PM »
very good point...I doubt Kerron go ever come back for any reason whatsoever

whats made you say that now

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 10:12:27 AM »
Interviewing him 3 years ago for CBS when he was looking for TnT officials they werent studying him so he is very bitter....
BORN TO DO IT

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 12:07:01 PM »
Interviewing him 3 years ago for CBS when he was looking for TnT officials they werent studying him so he is very bitter....
buh wha de armen wrong wid TnT
aye AB, why did this situation get to where it is today?
any possible theories that may help us understand why TnT did not want to entertain the idea of sealing a deal with him.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 12:23:35 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 10:43:24 PM »
buh wha de armen wrong wid TnT
aye AB, why did this situation get to where it is today?
any possible theories that may help us understand why TnT did not want to entertain the idea of sealing a deal with him.

wait so ato he would have run for tnt had we made the move and showed interest!!

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 12:21:50 AM »
Yes is not like he blank we.....he tried thru several channels but of course our system ent right so he get fed up.....
BORN TO DO IT

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 01:41:32 PM »
Yes is not like he blank we.....he tried thru several channels but of course our system ent right so he get fed up.....
A.B., what do you believe has to be done to prevent a similar situation from going so wrong
it seems so simple, yet I guess there has to be a "want" in the Ministry that handles this type of discussion for there to be a positive outcome.
why dont the beauracratics in that ministry have a policy and procedure in place to deal with this no matter the politcal party in power.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 01:43:34 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 02:07:40 AM »
its so easy...young people are online. Have a section online that is monitored and that has lines of communication into people who will ACT!  In my guestbook now on my site there are people saying "the NAAA site is a mess, how do I run for home!?"
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 11:15:10 AM »

my apologies :-[
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

1]; } ?>