April 24, 2024, 11:27:32 PM

Author Topic: Coach Rijsbergen to sue TTFF.  (Read 9374 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Coach Rijsbergen to sue TTFF.
« on: January 16, 2008, 05:10:29 AM »
Coach Rijsbergen to sue TTFF.
By: Joel Bailey (Newsday).
[/size]

Ex-Soca Warriors coach Wim Rijsbergen is planning to sue the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) for breach of contract.
The Dutch-born Rijsbergen, who will turn 56 on Friday, will soon be taking up a job with Dutch Eredivisie (First Division) club Willem II Tilburg but first he is seeking to resolve matters with the TTFF, regarding outstanding salary, before taking up his new position.
Rijsbergen was handed a six-month suspension without pay by the TTFF on December 4 after a confrontation with a federation official.
On January 3, the TTFF unveiled 58-year-old Colombian Francisco Maturana as coach of the “Soca Warriors” effective February 1, while Rijsbergen serves out his ban which concludes on June 4.
The Willem II Tilburg’s website reported on Monday that Rijsbergen, who replaced his countryman Leo Beenhakker as “Soca Warriors” coach following the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany, is hopeful of joining the team’s technical staff but needs to attend to his salary issues with the TTFF first.
The story quoted Rijsbergen as stating that his task with the national team became unworkable, mainly due to the strike action between the TTFF and the majority of the World Cup players last year which resulted in a number of friendly internationals being scrapped.
Also on Monday, a local radio station (I 95.5FM) revealed in a news broadcast that Rijsbergen’s attorneys in his native Netherlands intends to file a lawsuit against the TTFF for breach of contract, stating that Maturana’s appointment should be null and void until a settlement has been reached between the federation and Rijsbergen.
The six-month suspension was enforced since, according to FIFA rules, it is the length of time stipulated to allow inquires and decisions to be made on the particular issue.
But it all depends on Rijsbergen, whether or not he has good grounds to state his case in a court of law, or face the risk of incurring a hefty legal bill (to be paid to the TTFF if a ruling is made in their favour).
During the January 3 media conference, where Maturana was unveiled as the new TT tactician, TTFF special advisor and FIFA vice-president Jack Austin Warner noted that “Wim needed to evaluate whether or not he could work with the TTFF.” That statement has left many to enquire about whether or not there is more behind this issue than is being revealed by the TTFF, who only made Rijsbergen’s suspension public on December 21.
Sources enquired whether or not Rijsbergen was paying the price for seeking the interests of the so-called “blacklisted” players, insisting that the former 1974 and 1978 World Cup defender raised the ire of the TTFF executive by his calls for the issue to be settled in order to have a full-strength team at all times.
But Rijsbergen’s position as coach made it impractical for him to have a definite say in such matters, and he was even rebuked by the TTFF for comments made about that scenario.
The ex-New York Cosmos standout was given a four-year contract to lead the national team to the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa, having served as assistant to Beenhakker during the successful 2006 World Cup Germany campaign.
Rijsbergen’s fellow Dutchman, assistant coach Jan Van Deinsen, resigned last month due to a lingering back problem while another team assistant, Anton Corneal, who guided the national Under-17 team to the 2007 FIFA World Cup in South Korea, was named as interim coach until Maturana came on board.
Warner draws battle lines against Rijsbergen.
By: Kern De Freitas (Express).

Not a cent.

"Take him on! Take him on fully. Whatever the cost. Take him on."
This is special advisor Jack Warner's recommendation to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) in reaction to impending legal action against the local body by suspended national football coach Wim Rijsbergen.
Warner was in battle mode yesterday, as he criticised Dutchman Rijsbergen for his retaliation after being suspended from duty with the national senior team last month.
"The TTFF does not owe him a nickel, does not owe him a single nickel," Warner told TV6 yesterday. "And if he pushes us too much, he will owe us for lack of service," the FIFA vice-president warned.
Rijsbergen, when contacted by the Express yesterday, refused to comment on the issue.
"I have nothing to say on the matter," the former Dutch defender stated bluntly.
The 55-year-old Rijsbergen was reportedly suspended for six months after a scrap with T&TFF technical director, former national goalkeeper Lincoln "Tiger" Phillips late last year. But Warner is promising a battle if Rijsbergen does take the matter to court.
"He has popped up from out of nowhere to threaten. Rijsbergen has never spoken to us since December 4 when he left the country. I advise the TTFF to take him on, and take him on at the highest possible level. Mr Rijsbergen would not come here and abuse our officers and try as much to antagonise our officers and get away with it scotch free," the Chaguanas West MP declared.
Warner added: "He has one-or-two people here [in T&T], advising him, I have no problem with that. Let him take us to court."
Warner said the T&TFF had no intention of backing down from their position, describing them as being "on firm ground, as it has been over the years".
He also referred to another incident in 2005, when Rijsbergen, then assistant national coach, was involved in a disagreement that almost turned physical, with former team scout and national captain David Nakhid, when T&T had traveled to Panama for a World Cup qualifier.
"We should have listened to Nakhid [then]," Warner reflected, "but then again, we were not as smart then as we have been since."
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 07:17:39 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Coach Rijsbergen to sue TTFF.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 05:14:09 AM »
"Rijsbergen was handed a six-month suspension without pay by the TTFF on December 4 after a confrontation with a federation official."

how can you suspend someone for six months with no pay?

TTFF really do live in a world of their own

hope Wim gets every penny and more
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 11:09:43 AM »
"Rijsbergen was handed a six-month suspension without pay by the TTFF on December 4 after a confrontation with a federation official."

I see that happen to athletes all the time, get suspended by their team with no pay, and sometimes even fined on top of that.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 11:16:02 AM »
suspension wid out pay normal
is de employee to fight if is warranted or legal
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 11:34:36 AM »
mainly due to the strike action

What strike action????

the so-called “blacklisted” players

it was a blacklist not a strike.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 11:40:00 AM »
What strike action????
If Dem chupid reporters keep saying that it was a strike, Jackula will be very glad, as the general population in and out of TnT, may start to believe their wrong assessment of the situation.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 11:45:01 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 02:41:44 PM »

The real question is..can the TTFF hire a new coach while Wim is suspended? As far as I know..Wim wasn't fired, so he is still under contract. Real crazy things going on here. of course, whatever being reported may not be too accurate either  :-\

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 03:16:04 PM »

The real question is..can the TTFF hire a new coach while Wim is suspended? As far as I know..Wim wasn't fired, so he is still under contract. Real crazy things going on here. of course, whatever being reported may not be too accurate either  :-\

Of course they can...the new coach is in on an interim basis.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 04:59:56 PM »

Cool. In practice a coach usually gets brought in on an interim basis when there is no head coach. I guess I understood it as a short term contractual agreement on a vacated post. I'm surprised that you can bring in a head coach on any basis if you have a head coach already  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 05:22:58 PM »

Cool. In practice a coach usually gets brought in on an interim basis when there is no head coach. I guess I understood it as a short term contractual agreement on a vacated post. I'm surprised that you can bring in a head coach on any basis if you have a head coach already  :beermug:

There is nothing in the law that suggests you can't fill one job with two employees.  From a practical standpoint it's not done b/c why would you want to pay twice for the same work.  Courts aren't likely to get involved with how a company chooses to run it's business unless the practices infringes either the law or the rights of employees.  Filling the head coaching job vacated by Wim's suspension does not violate any right...Wim has no 'right' so to speak, to prevent the TTFF from filling his job.  He has a right to his job or compensation if he's wrongfully dismissed.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 02:50:33 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 06:55:48 PM »

Well it really depends on what was written into Wim's contract. Did the contract explicitly lay out the penalties for disciplinary issues or did it say those issues would be dealt with according to TTFF regulations / FIFA regulations / arbitration etc? If the TTFF follow the contract them Wim have no grounds for suit; assuming the disciplinary issues are correct.

But, is Wim suing because he get suspended without pay for 6 months or the TTFF owe him money from before that? It will be interesting to see. Like I said in another post it still have plenty details missing from this saga.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 09:39:43 PM »
What strike action????
If Dem chupid reporters keep saying that it was a strike, Jackula will be very glad, as the general population in and out of TnT, may start to believe their wrong assessment of the situation.
that is the old GW Bush Taleban / Al Queda trick....or even the weapons of mass destruction trick.  Say something enoug times and it all becomes muddled in most people minds.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 10:38:47 PM »
Yeah dey strike 4 what dey were promised. If dey say dat it go b inaccurate but at least it go make lil more sense. It does sound like dey just strike because dey like TSTT workers who want money 4 not wuking
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 01:49:16 PM »
Here's a Google translated piece that just came out a couple days ago

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 02:08:41 PM »
 With the memories of feestende people in the streets of Port-of-Spain in his mind, followed Wim Rijsbergen (55) after the World Cup in Germany are former chief Leo Beenhakker as coach of Trinidad and Tobago.  The jubelstemming around qualification for the final round was quickly replaced by a painful disillusionment.  Financial mismanagement had bondskas get to the bottom emptied. Tired of unsuccessful battle left the Leidenaar around Christmas the island in the Caribbean.

"Suppose we are going to build together a smooth," expresses the Rijsbergen unworkable situation.
 "While I, on the one hand trunks together node, make you on the other side everything loose.
 So we never reach the other side. . It does not matter whether you wrong knots explains.  Then we, in any case together at the knots. That is me. And that I do not hit. ” I felt as Don Quixote, who fought windmills. "

The paved path on which he waande changed quickly in a country full of pits. The problems started a few months after the World Cup.  The main players, all active in foreign leagues, refused any longer the shirt of the Socca Warriors to contribute, as promised sponsorpremies not been paid. The bond reacted too few suitable.  Instead of looking for a solution to the senior officials sleepers in the deepest secret on a black list.

"I worked with players from the local league," Rijsbergen looks back. „Hun kwaliteit houdt niet over. "Their quality is not over. Not for nothing were formerly at most four local boys in the selection.  If you want to achieve something as a footballer, leaving you at a young age the island. Only abroad teach them the discipline associated with a prof  The national pastime is liming, quietly drinking, talking and eating under a palm tree.” That belongs to the culture, but between merriment and athletics is a huge difference.

Rijsbergen got more setbacks process.  Slowly it became clear that the bond no promise was met. . An invisible hand had the funds or sealed up.  To his annoyance, the ex-International that its local staff not structurally got paid. Even plans for extra training did not get off the ground.  "It was even worse," he meewarig shakes his head. „ "Five of the last six oefeninterlands continued not by money.  Het is zwaar geweest.” It is heavy.

During preparations for the tournament at the Gold Cup last summer in the United States, ran the total out of hand.  After an amicable meeting with Honduras stranded a part of the team at the airport of the Spanish-speaking country. De bond had verzuimd reispapieren aan te schaffen. The bond had failed to procure travel documents. „ "The teamarts remained behind with them," he explains.  "From my own pocket he paid seven thousand dollars for new visas and plane tickets to regulate. .” A half day for the first groepsduel arrived they pass. "

Rijsbergen was on his stripes, but did not get further than the secretary of the bondsbureau. „ "One game," he laughs. „ "I knew that President Camps in the building Saturday. Aanbellen had geen zin. Aanbellen had no meaning. The complex was provided with security. . To circumvent I sent my driver forward.  When I got a call from him, I ran inside. Camps had just in time that I was.  While we waited, we saw him through the parking lot decline oprennen to his car. .” If something experience for a young trainer, he jumps into the canal. "

Camps, as Rijsbergen know, served only as stroman of Jack Warner, voetbalbaas the highest in the Caribbean.  After the former schoolteacher had let congratulations for the birth of his qualification for the World Cup in Germany, he disappeared from the radar.  Unfortunately he bears too many hats.  His party lost the recent elections. The government remained in power.Leave now calculated an investigation into financial flows within the football.  Behind the scenes things happen where I can no finger behind.  One thing I do know: they wanted from me. Ik was duur en te lastig. I was expensive and too complex. ” Sleeping dogs had to be left in peace. "
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2008, 02:37:08 PM »
Well.....i eh totally understand EVERYTHING.....buh......some of the things doh sound new to me.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 04:22:34 AM »
"Suppose we are going to build together a smooth," expresses the Rijsbergen unworkable situation.
 "While I, on the one hand trunks together node, make you on the other side everything loose.
 So we never reach the other side. . It does not matter whether you wrong knots explains.  Then we, in any case together at the knots. That is me. And that I do not hit. ” I felt as Don Quixote, who fought windmills. "

"One game," he laughs. „ "I knew that President Camps in the building Saturday. Aanbellen had geen zin. Aanbellen had no meaning. The complex was provided with security. . To circumvent I sent my driver forward.  When I got a call from him, I ran inside. Camps had just in time that I was.  While we waited, we saw him through the parking lot decline oprennen to his car. .” If something experience for a young trainer, he jumps into the canal. " 

Wim's english sounds extremely poor from this interview...between that and Jack's stuttering I doubt the two of them could have even had the simplest of conversations, far less a good working relationship based on open communication.  No wonder it didn't work out.
Even Maturana seems to have a much better command of the English language than Wim from his post-PR game interview.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 04:24:54 AM by arrow »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 06:10:34 AM »
mama....no wonder he pelt ah cuff...

Arrow...dat is not wims english....yuh never hear de man in interviews ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 06:51:53 AM »
 So we never reach the other side. . It does not matter whether you wrong knots explains.  Then we, in any case together at the knots. That is me. And that I do not hit. ” I felt as Don Quixote, who fought windmills. "

"One game," he laughs. „ "I knew that President Camps in the building Saturday. Aanbellen had geen zin. Aanbellen had no meaning. The complex was provided with security. . To circumvent I sent my driver forward.  When I got a call from him, I ran inside. Camps had just in time that I was.  While we waited, we saw him through the parking lot decline oprennen to his car. .” If something experience for a young trainer, he jumps into the canal. " 

Wim's english sounds extremely poor from this interview...between that and Jack's stuttering I doubt the two of them could have even had the simplest of conversations, far less a good working relationship based on open communication.  No wonder it didn't work out.
Even Maturana seems to have a much better command of the English language than Wim from his post-PR game interview.

arrow that is a translation from dutch
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 08:53:52 AM »

Well the Dutch reporter who did the translation for the story obviously can't speak English eeddah ;)  (I forgot to add the  ;) above too)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 11:43:16 AM »

Well the Dutch reporter who did the translation for the story obviously can't speak English eeddah ;)  (I forgot to add the  ;) above too)

It was a computer that did it - no they are not very good at translating. http://translate.google.com

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 12:03:03 PM »
Allyuh really arguing wit arrow? Is arrow!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2008, 12:19:12 PM »

It was a computer that did it - no they are not very good at translating. http://translate.google.com

e-man help we ouit nuh...

that sounding like a d_1trinba piece..

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 02:23:51 PM »
this article confirm that joel bailey of newsday is a jack warner lacky!  teh article also talks about oliver "scamps" doing what he does best.  and also about the disappearance of money...not a note about that.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2008, 02:54:23 PM »
this article confirm that joel bailey of newsday is a jack warner lacky!  teh article also talks about oliver "scamps" doing what he does best.  and also about the disappearance of money...not a note about that.

Yeah that story with Camps ducking out to the parking lot while Wim's waiting is funny.

Offline Yours Truly

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2008, 04:31:15 PM »

This is Joel Bailey, and I'm informing Bounty Killer, before he casts aspersions on my character, to simply 4 cough. He's not paying my salary nor writing my stories, so he can simply plait the hairs up his bottom and pelt a rounds....

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2008, 10:32:33 PM »

This is Joel Bailey, and I'm informing Bounty Killer, before he casts aspersions on my character, to simply 4 cough. He's not paying my salary nor writing my stories, so he can simply plait the hairs up his bottom and pelt a rounds....
yo lacky, welcome to the forum.  glad that I draw you out of the darkness.  I have been noticing your articles for a while and it seem to me that the slant always come from a jack warner side.  in case you didn't realize, yuh lover jack warner don't control what men type here.  it called freedom of speech - as a 'journalist' you should know about that...and a little about fair and unbiased reporting too.
the funny man business bout hair in man bottom, save dat for when you talk to yuh boy jack.  otherwise talk yuh talk like a man.  welcome to the forum again.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2008, 07:51:20 AM »
Gettin on bounty snd welcome Mr. Bailey feel free 3 do like your fellow journalist and come on d site for accurate info about d football team.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Yours Truly

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2008, 11:17:43 PM »
Mrs Bounty Killer,

Want to meet me in Newsday to adequately comment on my stories (I hope you read my cricket, golf, swimming, track and field and general sports stories)? Or you want to use the disguise of an internet to act as a journalism critic (as if you have any locus standi or journalistic integrity)? I doh mind criticism but I doh like people who are just idle - noticing a man's stories? Who are you? And what is ur claim 2 fame as a journalist who talks about freedom of speech? I know there is only one Bounty Killer and that is Rodney Price, that goes to show u are a fake in name and nature. What a joke....

truetrini

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2008, 11:39:53 PM »
Bounty based on that article me eh see where de man is ah jack warner lackey...I might be blind doh, so point out de parts fuh meh nah.

Joel doh get too riled up, man here hate Jack Sprat warner plenty and any little ting dat look like it coming to he assistance does meet fierce resistance

shit ah could write ahd kaiso boy.

1]; } ?>