March 28, 2024, 10:55:15 PM

Author Topic: Caledonia AIA demand transfer fee for Marvin Oliver.  (Read 3452 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Caledonia AIA demand transfer fee for Marvin Oliver.
« on: January 25, 2008, 07:03:28 AM »
Caledonia AIA demand transfer fee for Marvin Oliver.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).
[/size]

There was good and bad news yesterday for CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh and their efforts to land silky midfielder Marvin Oliver to their playing staff for the 2008 season.
Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA are willing to allow the star player to join their Pro League rivals but, as Oliver still has a year left on his contract, it will come at a cost.
There are few examples of transfer fees when players switch clubs in the domestic competition but Caledonia chairman Brian Lewis is happy to go against the flow. If Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick wants to add arguably the 2007 Pro League's top player to his title-winning squad, he will need club chairman Jerry Hospedales to reach for the piggy bank.
"The player has expressed a desire to represent his home club," said Lewis. "He contributed greatly to our rise in prominence last season and, out of respect for him and what he has contributed to Caledonia, we want to deal with this in a dignified manner. But he is a marquee player and we can reasonably expect a transfer fee."
The 32-year-old midfielder admitted to mistakenly giving false information as regards his contractual obligations to Caledonia. He told Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick that he was a free agent last December but has since accepted that Caledonia own his registration for another season.
Oliver, a Bourg Mulattrasse resident, still hopes to move to his childhood team soon and asked Jabloteh to give tangible evidence of their desire for his services.
"It comes down to how bad Jabloteh wants me now," said Oliver, who does not have an agent. "Caledonia are not going to block me from leaving the club."
Fenwick, who thought he had already signed Oliver, could not be reached by the Express for comment yesterday while Jabloteh chairman Jerry Hospedales was also unavailable.
Lewis said that he spoke to Fenwick yesterday and initial discussions were "cordial and amicable". He refused to give financial details on the price suggested by either party but admitted that both clubs differed greatly on the valuation of the player.
Caledonia once paid Joe Public $20,000 for Vincentian attacker Kendall Velox-a player they had initially recruited themselves. A source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, claimed that the "Eastern Stallions" want more than twice as much for Oliver while, thus far, Jabloteh would not even match the Velox figure.
"There is a tendency to undervalue the local players," said Lewis. "If Marvin is to be given a transfer, we have to get a figure that is fair to us and we expect Jabloteh to appreciate our position It comes down to where they value Marvin in the scheme of their team.
"This is also about respect for Marvin Oliver and for Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA and the concept of professional football and the rules of the TT Pro League."
Caledonia coach Jamaal Shabazz, who Oliver described as "a father figure", is distraught at the possible loss of his best player but vowed that the club would rebound successfully.
"While you have to keep the highest level of professionalism, I feel hurt," said Shabazz, who repeatedly campaigned for Oliver's inclusion in the national team last year. "It is not something that I saw coming and no other experience has hurt like this . But we will live to fight again.
"We will find another talent. I promise this to the community."
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Caledonia AIA demand transfer fee for Marvin Oliver.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 07:49:53 AM »
Jabloteh better investigate and see if Shabazz didn't re-write Oliver's contract and added one more year to get a transfer fee, something like what W Connection did to Silvio Spann with Dinamo Zagreb. If I was Jabloteh I would drop interest in Oliver and see what Shabazz will do next.

I mean, if all is legit, then Caledonia deserve a transfer fee, but Oliver himself said his contract was expired. These men must join FPATT.

I guess Caledonia needs money to buy more Guyanese.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 10:13:38 AM »
Jabloteh better investigate and see if Shabazz didn't re-write Oliver's contract and added one more year to get a transfer fee, something like what W Connection did to Silvio Spann with Dinamo Zagreb. If I was Jabloteh I would drop interest in Oliver and see what Shabazz will do next.

I mean, if all is legit, then Caledonia deserve a transfer fee, but Oliver himself said his contract was expired. These men must join FPATT.

Why Jabloteh don't hold their tail,what's wrong with Hospedales and them?agreed they have done a lot for players etc etc but over the years all they have done is to weaken other teams to make themselves strong,i agree with Shabazz/Calidonia Jabloteh has to pay especially for a player of Marvin's calibre,they does pay all kind of money for players from all those small islands,Mavin is a franchise player why should they get him for nothing?is it because he is a Trini or local based?not only Calidonia buying Guyanese players Jabloteh does the same so yes they need the money.I agree with you these men should join FPATT but think it should be made a part of their contract when they sign because these guys don't understand the benefits of these things until they are in situations like this.   
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 10:33:35 AM by Coop's »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 10:27:44 AM »
good one Coop's
day should get something as he has one year left on his contract
buh I smell a rat doh :thinking:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 11:01:27 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 10:49:18 AM »

wah yuh talking bout... de man lie tuh keep de interest in him....... he always had 1 yr left das y he was saying he waiting for Shabazz to come back b4 he sign wid dem

Offline heete

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 10:58:36 AM »
what will be the fee for one of pro league most valuable player? 20 million? 1 million? lol

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 02:04:56 PM »
So marvin cyah read he eh know when he contract up Loud steupssssssss dem is professional yeah rite
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 03:30:28 PM »
Why every time Fenwick involed in somebody transfer, it does always have some kinda comess???

1]; } ?>