April 19, 2024, 12:43:21 PM

Author Topic: Jerrel Britto Thread  (Read 45988 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Trini on trial at Portsmouth
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2007, 12:34:44 PM »
My question is, how did Portsmouth even hear about a 15 yr old in TT, who wasn't selected for the U-17 team?

Does anybody know?

VB

he is by no means an unknown... in fact he is a prodigy..

Better question is how does McCommie not select a talent like that for the U-17 team!

McComie had nothing to do with the U-17 that was Anton Corneal call. To make that team Britto had to take Stephen Knox and Daniel Joseph spot. Knox was considered one of the top Caribbean players in that position. 

Britto played for Jabloteh youths last season so McComie did not have say in his club play either. A next young fella to look out for is Shaddon Winchester. Early days yet but as long as he have the right guidance he will be tears.

my bad... anton corneal...

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2007, 12:34:54 PM »
My question is, how did Portsmouth even hear about a 15 yr old in TT, who wasn't selected for the U-17 team?

Does anybody know?

VB

Better question is how does McCommie not select a talent like that for the U-17 team!
excellent question

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2007, 01:10:12 PM »

is he ready to play senior ball? ??? bc if he training with the first team and he 4 years ahead of his time in skill, he must be ready to play sr ball, at least start on the bench.... if he goin trial already with pompey at such an early age...

God is de BOSS...

You fuh real asking that question.  He going and play Reserve and academy ball for a bit.  He not getting a work permit, and will go to England on a student visa or something like that.  No way he cracking into that Pompey team right away.  He has good skill, but that doesn't mean that he has the right mental approach yet needed to succeed abroad.  I not trying to put mouth on de youth, but we need to not get too ahead of ourselves here.  Our players often lack the mental fortitude to stick it out when they go abroad, much less for our youths.

Good post.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2007, 01:13:45 PM »

Does anybody know?

VB

Going back to the Peltier and Hyland incident....Portsmouth, and Redknapp himself apparently has an eye on TnT when it comes to youth players.  Fenwick engineered those trials, not sure who was behind this one but interesting to note (as Zandolie states) that Britto is a former Jabloteh youth player.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 01:15:51 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2007, 02:07:07 PM »
Does anybody know of any "T&T prodigy" defenders?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2007, 02:29:49 PM »

How yuh go take man joy so  :rotfl:

The U-17 was actually one of the better set of defenders we have had. They were very stingy....until the world cup. They have had their baptism of fire. Precisely why a national sport priority should be training our new U-17 team. Starting right after Xmas. Or Mr. Carrington will be plagarizing Mr. Corneal's excuse-handbook.

But if history is a guide TTFF are on course to  fail our youth yet again.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 02:43:05 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2007, 02:31:59 PM »

Does anybody know?

VB

McComie had nothing to do with the U-17 that was Anton Corneal call. To make that team Britto had to take Stephen Knox and Daniel Joseph spot. Knox was considered one of the top Caribbean players in that position. 

Britto played for Jabloteh youths last season so McComie did not have say in his club play either. A next young fella to look out for is Shaddon Winchester. Early days yet but as long as he have the right guidance he will be tears.

my bad... anton corneal...

well he was training with the under 17 but did not make the cut
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2007, 03:20:50 PM »
I heard talk of a couple of promising midfielders, Mark Tanner age around 16 and Martin Wilmott age around 14. Anyone seen these guys play? I think Wilmott comes from Morvant.

The current craze with scouting non EU youngsters is to follow the Arsenal pattern. Find them, look at them in training, and if they show promise, buy them for your European feeder club. By the time the boy becomes a man, he's eligible for UK work permit.

This works with African players as most countries have European colonial links, so qualify for a visa. Now there seems to be a way in for Caribbean players via Spain, I expect to see many more youngsters picked up by European clubs.

FPATT are in negotiaton with an academy looking to recruit 15-17 year olds. Although the project was originally for African youths, we are negotiating to obtain places for Trinis.

I will tell you more when we have news.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2007, 03:42:35 PM »
I heard talk of a couple of promising midfielders, Mark Tanner age around 16 and Martin Wilmott age around 14. Anyone seen these guys play? I think Wilmott comes from Morvant.

The current craze with scouting non EU youngsters is to follow the Arsenal pattern. Find them, look at them in training, and if they show promise, buy them for your European feeder club. By the time the boy becomes a man, he's eligible for UK work permit.

This works with African players as most countries have European colonial links, so qualify for a visa. Now there seems to be a way in for Caribbean players via Spain, I expect to see many more youngsters picked up by European clubs.

FPATT are in negotiaton with an academy looking to recruit 15-17 year olds. Although the project was originally for African youths, we are negotiating to obtain places for Trinis.

I will tell you more when we have news.

Thanks for the update breds....good stuff coming from the FPATT quarters.

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2007, 04:01:23 PM »
only one bad thing bout the youth...he going QRC  ;D

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2007, 04:35:41 PM »

:whistling:   i'm blind to youuuuuuu... haters.... cyah touch me war instigators... :yapping:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2007, 05:23:14 PM »
Duscam,
              Going to QRC builds character. I hope he makes it. He is at the right age.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2007, 05:35:53 PM »

The U-17 was actually one of the better set of defenders we have had. They were very stingy....until the world cup. They have had their baptism of fire. Precisely why a national sport priority should be training our new U-17 team. Starting right after Xmas. Or Mr. Carrington will be plagarizing Mr. Corneal's excuse-handbook.

I not tryin to take nobody joy nutting.

I simply askin if anybody know of any young defenders who have REAL potential?

We hear about players like Britto & Peltier & Hyland etc...all offensive players.  Yes ah know de tendency is to talk about attacking players only.

However, I thinkin bout we National team now and in years to come.  Where are the international class defenders going to come from?

We could line up wit Kenwyne Jones & Edwards and Stern John all we want, but if we eh have competent international defenders and midfielders, we eh goin no way.

But because I ask dese questions, ah guess I hatin.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2007, 06:54:43 PM »

I not tryin to take nobody joy nutting.

I simply askin if anybody know of any young defenders who have REAL potential?

We hear about players like Britto & Peltier & Hyland etc...all offensive players. Yes ah know de tendency is to talk about attacking players only.

However, I thinkin bout we National team now and in years to come. Where are the international class defenders going to come from?

We could line up wit Kenwyne Jones & Edwards and Stern John all we want, but if we eh have competent international defenders and midfielders, we eh goin no way.

But because I ask dese questions, ah guess I hatin.

How yuh sensitive so? Nobody accuse yuh of hatin. Well except Omar  :afro:   Ah laugh at yuh post because as men get a little false confidence ah know ah could rely on yuh to leggo a reality bomb and bring us back down to earth.

You well know with our "flambouyant" culture we don't generally value the kind of plain, unglamourous, workmanlike grit we need in good defenders, let alone stamina. The closest thing we have to that in the near future is the U-17 world cup team. They ent international class YET. But they have more international experience and better results than any set of youths in my recent memory, including the U-17 team from WC held in T&T.

That is why I really not studying 2010. Training that U-16 for 2009 including  developing defensive players is the best way to secure success in the near to long term.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 06:58:04 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2007, 08:01:47 PM »
i thought some men on this board said tt have no talent locally, they not up to par and standard? ??? ::) schupssss, i remember saying we have more talent per square mile in the caribbean and man laugh... the funny thing is i knew after the world cup teams would take notice that our players are very talented and just need that chance to play at a higher level... now that our nation is under the football microscope, more and more players will be noticed that were disregarded before...

God is de BOSS....

Constructive point .... at last  ;D  :beermug:  Go easy on the one upmanship though TI.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2007, 08:37:44 PM »

Does anybody know?

VB
It's the same thing i said on the daryl roberts thread. local coaches are all out for lunch, they always ignore and passover the true genuine talented youths for crappy players, that's why we never reached a WC before,to much games and favoritism when it come's to anything local. i went to school with marlon morris who played for the strike squad, and there were players far more excellent than him that never even got a call for the national team tryouts. after my time there was a kid by the name of darrall edwards who was pure poison, he played well in any position, but never even got a sniff from the national selectors, instead they picked paul rudder who was good no doubt, but no where close to darrell edwards ability, who was the best player i've ever seen in T&T. paul rudder had an older brother who went by the name sabba, that was an excellent player who just went to waste BC no one took the time not even to gave this brother a trial, alvin corneil, rolf bartollo, nobody ! while tod willis got an opportunity, his neighbor, and though todd was an excellent defender, sabba was far more deserving of an opportunity than anyone else i know, even todd. i guess that's our loss T&T.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 09:25:27 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2007, 09:05:50 PM »

Does anybody know?

VB
It's the same thing i said on the daryl roberts thread. local coaches are all out for lunch, they always ignore and passover the true genuine talented youths for crappy players, that's why we never reached a WC before,to much games and favoritism when it come's to anything local. i went to school with marlon morris who played for the strike squad, and there were players far more excellent than him that never even got a call for the national team tryouts. after my time there was a kid by the name of darrall edwards who was pure poison, he played well in any position, but never even got a sniff from the national selectors, instead they picked paul rudder who was good no doubt, but no where close to darrell edwards ability, who was the best player i've ever seen in T&T. paul rudder had a older brother who went by the name sabba, that was an excellent player who just went to waste BC no one took the time not even to gave this brother a trial, alvin corneil, rolf bartollo, nobody ! while tod willis got an opportunity, his neighbor, and though todd was an excellent defender, sabba was far more deserving of an opportunity than anyone else i know, even todd. i guess that's our loss T&T.

just cool is paul rudder you say?? short man??

tell me more... if is de same youth i think u talking about i know this fella well....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2007, 09:23:03 PM »
Omar, paul rudder was a brown skin sleepy eyed stocky and short youth, very quiet and mellow, originally from nelson street plannings, he played for the national youth team in 1984 and beyond, very quick on his feet good goal scorer. i don't know what became of him since i left trini.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2007, 09:26:52 PM »
Omar, paul rudder was a brown skin sleepy eyed stocky and short youth, very quiet and mellow, originally from nelson street plannings, he played for the national youth team in 1984 and beyond, very quick on his feet good goal scorer. i don't know what became of him since i left trini.

ok, not the same fella i know i was wondering nuh..

the paul rudder i know is a bajan who played some ball in holland and had some pfl tryouts here, and is only about 25 yrs old now..

was living by me at a point in time..

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2007, 09:46:22 PM »
Anytime now or when he returns from SSFL All Star fixtures may believe that Shandhon Winchester  the Under 15 vice/co-captain would be called on Trails also , he is said to be tactically smarter and way more skillful than Britto.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2007, 10:48:07 PM »
No work permit issue he goin in d academy so a student visa will surffice
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2007, 07:44:20 AM »
Pompey trial T&T starlet

Youngster tries his luck on South Coast

Trinidad & Tobago starlet Jerrel Britto has spent the last two-weeks on trial at Premier League Portsmouth.

The 15-year-old was spotted by Pompey scouts during the Caribbean Youth Cup and was invited to England to try his luck.

The San Juan Jabloteh striker was pleased with how things went during his time on the South Coast.

Experience

"It was an amazing experience for me as a 15-year old getting that opportunity to train with a club like Portsmouth," Britto told TTFF Media.

"Amazing is the best word I can think of because it was the first time I attended a professional club like that and at first I trained with the Under 16s but then the coaches decided to put me with the Under 18s.

"At the moment their U18s are described as the best passing team in the youth league in England so it suited my game well.

"I had the chance to gain the knowledge as well as interact with the other players there.

"Of course they asked a lot about the football in Trinidad because of us playing in the World Cup last year and they also knew about the Under 17s going to Korea."

Transfer

Britto revealed that Pompey could offer him a permanent deal in January when he returns for a second stint.

"Overall I had to be patient and do my best. They have asked me to come back for another trial in January, this time without my parents, and if things go well they could keep me with one of their youth teams," he said.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2964129,00.html

Skysports an all covering it

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2007, 08:32:30 AM »

You well know with our "flambouyant" culture we don't generally value the kind of plain, unglamourous, workmanlike grit we need in good defenders, let alone stamina. The closest thing we have to that in the near future is the U-17 world cup team.

Yeah it kinda indicative of our culture when two ppl we consider to be defenders (Kenwyne and Rougier) go to the UK and come back as forwards.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2007, 10:43:29 AM »
Everybody want to b a star boi so nobody eh want to Defend but is a defender who make sure we reach d big dance
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jerrel Britto
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2007, 11:20:30 AM »
so am i a talent scout or what ???.....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2007, 11:25:00 AM »
Good find BM. Help out yuh pardner palos and find we some defenders

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2007, 11:30:38 AM »
defenders ???...Carlon Murray
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2007, 11:34:32 AM »
i thought some men on this board said tt have no talent locally, they not up to par and standard? ??? ::) schupssss, i remember saying we have more talent per square mile in the caribbean and man laugh... the funny thing is i knew after the world cup teams would take notice that our players are very talented and just need that chance to play at a higher level... now that our nation is under the football microscope, more and more players will be noticed that were disregarded before...

God is de BOSS....

Constructive point .... at last  ;D  :beermug:  Go easy on the one upmanship though TI.

Look ah lil pin
 :thinking:
musbe have ah ton ah costa Ricans, Mexicans,an Japenese,etc etc in dem academies den, since dey making WC plenty time, an givin even better performances than many....or dem doh have talent as youths, or possibly dem jus as happy to stay whey dey is, an doh wha/need no academy/contract from EPl...or is ah skin, language ting...or maybe they tooooo expensive.....hmmmmnnn

Offline pompeyfan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Jerrel Britto
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2007, 12:09:44 PM »
Who is he??

And would it be a good move for him if he moves to pompey? (as that what skysports.com are quoting)

and tell me abit about him?

Cheers

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2007, 12:12:10 PM »
D yute was spotted in d Under 15 championship and was taken to England and from all reports it went well. It will b a Win Win for him and d club he can only benefit and I sure portsmouth will get d return on their investment.

He from a good family background and once he remember what they taught him no disciplinary problems will b experienced.

1]; } ?>