April 18, 2024, 07:21:58 PM

Author Topic: Jerrel Britto Thread  (Read 45974 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jerrel Britto
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2007, 12:17:32 PM »
Palos BM find a defender 4 yuh ok 4 us. Since he was spot on wit Britto let we look out 4 d Murray guy
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2007, 12:19:24 PM »
Palos BM find a defender 4 yuh ok 4 us. Since he was spot on wit Britto let we look out 4 d Murray guy

... and after you find a promising defender and keeper, that hater palos will say, "what... we dont have no prodigy waterboys?"   :devil:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2007, 12:21:27 PM »
Doh ruff up d Moderator sooooooooooo
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2007, 12:51:43 PM »
ok as a qrc fan this is what i have noticed about him...pacy..good close control..deceptive turn of speed and sharp dribbling...loves to take low powerful shots... not a bad passer altho he can overdo the fancy flick-ons

my only real grouse with him is that he aims at the keeper 90% of the time..something he gets away with in his age group due to his power..keepers can't really handle that..but if he works on his placement he will be a good future striker..

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2007, 01:01:44 PM »
good stuff arazi
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline handsanointed

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trini on trial at Portsmouth
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2007, 02:06:44 PM »
I have seen all the comments and speculation. I will post a detailed report before the end of the week.

(Jerrel's mom)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2007, 02:12:55 PM »
Thanks moms.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2007, 03:08:44 PM »
man its quiet in here all of a sudden.
Welcome to Jerrel's Mom, I for one am glad to see a parent taking such an active role, it bodes well for his journey.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2007, 03:16:12 PM »
I have seen all the comments and speculation. I will post a detailed report before the end of the week.

(Jerrel's mom)

Thanks a lot, much appreciated.  If it's not too much as well, it would also be appreciated if you could check in occasionally and let us know how he's doing next month when he goes back.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2007, 03:28:56 PM »
oh gosh moms yuh make men sit up straight like it have picka in dey seat all of ah sudden...

dese fellahs dont normally be this quiet u know..  ;D

welcome to the forum and keep us updated. Wishing yuh son all the best.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2007, 04:50:59 PM »
moms...lend me 20 quid for a pint and a chipper

well done to the parents.....god bless
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2007, 05:21:27 PM »

(Jerrel's mom)
Nice Moms.

Ah hope he outside training as we speak ;D
TnT Patriot

Offline handsanointed

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2007, 08:00:23 PM »
I have seen all the speculations, comments and criticisms concerning Jerrel's trial at Portsmouth. All are appreciated. I will give a detailed report on the subject.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2007, 08:14:57 PM »
no cussin ppl sombody mooma in d room

Offline pompey_researcher

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2007, 03:50:36 AM »
Will be interesting to read as someone who lives in and supports Portsmouth :)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2007, 04:56:44 AM »
Will be interesting to read as someone who lives in and supports Portsmouth :)
Hey pompey researcher,it look's like your team is doing quite well this season, europe is within your grasp, as in champions league. i hope benjani and muntari keep tallying the goals, too bad peltier and hyland couldn't get a taste, maybe next year.           positive.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 04:58:16 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2007, 06:29:54 AM »
Hi, yea we are doing quite well at the moment. Our academy team is matching our first team as well so if someone is given the chance to join they will be given everychance through academy under Paul Hart.

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2007, 10:30:26 AM »
Omar, paul rudder was a brown skin sleepy eyed stocky and short youth, very quiet and mellow, originally from nelson street plannings, he played for the national youth team in 1984 and beyond, very quick on his feet good goal scorer. i don't know what became of him since i left trini.

Paul Rudder used to play for my old club,St francois Nationals as a forward.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2007, 10:54:50 AM »
Omar, paul rudder was a brown skin sleepy eyed stocky and short youth, very quiet and mellow, originally from nelson street plannings, he played for the national youth team in 1984 and beyond, very quick on his feet good goal scorer. i don't know what became of him since i left trini.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Did Paul Rudder go to Eastern Boys School?
Toujour Pret!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2007, 07:45:17 PM »

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Did Paul Rudder go to Eastern Boys School?
Yes , him and his brother micheal (aka- sabba) them boys was playing football since they were old enough to walk, very good ballers.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2007, 07:49:37 PM »
gosh moms ah waiting give on that report .....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline handsanointed

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2007, 01:24:03 PM »
First of all I must say how proud we are of our son and how we commend him for the humility he has maintained throughout. At the age of 9 years old Jerrel began attending the Family Soccer coaching Academy managed by Vaughn "Bella" Alexander. It is at that academy that the ability we had recognized in Jerrel at a younger age was developed and I want to publicly say thanks to Vaughn Alexander. One Saturday morning not having enough funds to send Jerrel to the academy which was based at Presentation College, Chaguanas, I was busy looking in the house for all the quarters I could gather to send Jerrel off and he touched me on my back and told me that one day he would send me English, as at that time he did not know that the UK currecy was called Pounds. I became very teary at that point. I shared this first because i wanted to shed some light on the fact that from a very young age Jerrel had a dream.
Rgarding his trial at Portsmouth-As the article written states, Jerrel was seen by an agent during the recently concluded CFU tournament. We were invited to England by the club, where in the first week we were exposed to the living arrangements that the club has for foreign players which are at their academy. We stayed with houseparents. Jerrel began training the very next day after we arrived. I was very concerned about how he would cope with the weather but after speaking to him on the first day, he expressed that he was very confortable as he was given appropriate clothing to wear during the session. He continued to train with the under 18 team and was given one try with the under 16's. I attended two of his training sessions where I saw a child that had adjusted really well, meshed with some of the players and able to play his game without any intimidation.He showed alot of concentartion during the drills and was just himself during the practice matches.
After his final training session, I was informed that he would be required to return without parents in January and upon speaking to the U18 coach, he informed me that he was very pleased and that he is four years advance.He said that in the first week they recognized some shyness and fright but in the second week, they saw wahat he got.I took time to ask about what the club had in place where a players' education is concerned and he explained to me that it was top priority.
As parents we want to make sure that every area of our son's life is covered if and when we decide, should he be successful at his next trial. At the end of the day it is not all about money but it is vey important that Jerrel Britto be a holistic individual and a positive statistic to society. We have been instructed by the Lord to train him up in the way he should go, we have tried to that to the best of our ability to do just as we have been instructed. God has the final say in our lives. We are grateful for all the doors that has and will open to Jerrel. We know that he is destined for greatness and once he acknowledges the Lord, stays humble and keeps focus, his dreams will come to pass. As a family we are committed to supporting this young man, we are closely knitted together and him being in another country will not change that. We thank Trinidad and Tobago and all who has wished him good success. I take this time to encourage parents to stand with their chilldren. It does not take a big bank account or living in a mansion for a child to realize his or her dreams. As a family we have had tough,tough times but our faith in the Lord and our love as family and support for each other has kept us together.Blessings to all and have a BLESSED HOLIDAY!

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2007, 01:30:01 PM »
Amen, sista! I wish Jerrel and the family well!!
Live large and prosper!

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2007, 01:34:07 PM »
Now that is what I call a Christmas story... :beermug: :beermug:
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2007, 01:36:30 PM »
Nice write up handsanointed

Seems like your son knew of his destiny from a young age
Best of luck (with hard work)  to Jerrel....and best wishes to your family
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2007, 03:17:42 PM »
Good luck to the young man. We need more souls like this not only in football but in the broader community.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2007, 03:47:52 PM »
First of all I must say how proud we are of our son and how we commend him for the humility he has maintained throughout. At the age of 9 years old Jerrel began attending the Family Soccer coaching Academy managed by Vaughn "Bella" Alexander. It is at that academy that the ability we had recognized in Jerrel at a younger age was developed and I want to publicly say thanks to Vaughn Alexander. One Saturday morning not having enough funds to send Jerrel to the academy which was based at Presentation College, Chaguanas, I was busy looking in the house for all the quarters I could gather to send Jerrel off and he touched me on my back and told me that one day he would send me English, as at that time he did not know that the UK currecy was called Pounds. I became very teary at that point. I shared this first because i wanted to shed some light on the fact that from a very young age Jerrel had a dream.
Rgarding his trial at Portsmouth-As the article written states, Jerrel was seen by an agent during the recently concluded CFU tournament. We were invited to England by the club, where in the first week we were exposed to the living arrangements that the club has for foreign players which are at their academy. We stayed with houseparents. Jerrel began training the very next day after we arrived. I was very concerned about how he would cope with the weather but after speaking to him on the first day, he expressed that he was very confortable as he was given appropriate clothing to wear during the session. He continued to train with the under 18 team and was given one try with the under 16's. I attended two of his training sessions where I saw a child that had adjusted really well, meshed with some of the players and able to play his game without any intimidation.He showed alot of concentartion during the drills and was just himself during the practice matches.
After his final training session, I was informed that he would be required to return without parents in January and upon speaking to the U18 coach, he informed me that he was very pleased and that he is four years advance.He said that in the first week they recognized some shyness and fright but in the second week, they saw wahat he got.I took time to ask about what the club had in place where a players' education is concerned and he explained to me that it was top priority.
As parents we want to make sure that every area of our son's life is covered if and when we decide, should he be successful at his next trial. At the end of the day it is not all about money but it is vey important that Jerrel Britto be a holistic individual and a positive statistic to society. We have been instructed by the Lord to train him up in the way he should go, we have tried to that to the best of our ability to do just as we have been instructed. God has the final say in our lives. We are grateful for all the doors that has and will open to Jerrel. We know that he is destined for greatness and once he acknowledges the Lord, stays humble and keeps focus, his dreams will come to pass. As a family we are committed to supporting this young man, we are closely knitted together and him being in another country will not change that. We thank Trinidad and Tobago and all who has wished him good success. I take this time to encourage parents to stand with their chilldren. It does not take a big bank account or living in a mansion for a child to realize his or her dreams. As a family we have had tough,tough times but our faith in the Lord and our love as family and support for each other has kept us together.Blessings to all and have a BLESSED HOLIDAY!

really heartwarming stuff..

all the best to Jerrel, keep up the good work and i'm sure with his family's prayers and support and that vision and mindset he will go places..

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2007, 04:37:48 PM »
Mums... yuh make meh pores raise... I feel like ah go cry  :'(

All the best to you and your family!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2007, 05:05:17 PM »
All the best to You, your family and especially at this time to Jerrel.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2007, 11:42:47 AM »
Nice write up, hope he succeeds

1]; } ?>