March 29, 2024, 05:23:09 AM

Author Topic: Something for you Tallman ...  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Something for you Tallman ...
« on: September 03, 2005, 05:35:31 AM »
Rastas of T&T stepping up.
T&T Express.

Recently, I went to a Rastafari gathering in Fyzabad, sponsored by the Trinidad and Tobago Rastafari United (TTRU). The show of unity was overwhelming. As I sat and listened to the speakers, I observed one woman in tears (she is not a Rasta); the conversations were exceptionally eloquent and to the point.
The Rastas spoke of the declining social situation in Trinidad and what they could contribute to the restoration of some sort of civility to the population. Simple behavioural attitudes towards our living environment were highlighted, and solutions were presented as to how we can help each other to protect and clean up our immediate living areas.
The TTRU has purchased a nine-acre block of land in Fyzabad for the purpose of building a learning centre, where workshops in basic literacy have already started. There were Rastas from all over the country at the opening, as well a members of the local community. There were also foreign visitors present.
This is the kind of community involvement that we need. We all have to work together to ensure that the social environment changes for the better. The TTRU also suggested that the local communities make use of the Government-sponsored learning programmes. The TTRU pledged to sponsor five members of the Fyzabad community to take advantage of the workshops. I look forward to the TTRU-sponsored community programme.

Concerned Citizen - via e-mail
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Something for you Tallman ...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 06:51:31 AM »
Dat is ah good move. Rastafari has always been about positiveness, upliftment, self-help, progression, love for one another and de natural environment. What does hold we back is de wolves in sheep's clothing. De same ting affects de Muslims today.

"I'm a progressive man and I love progressive people".
- Peter Tosh (Lessons in my Life)
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>