April 25, 2024, 11:22:12 PM

Author Topic: New name for Superstar Rangers.  (Read 4338 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
New name for Superstar Rangers.
« on: February 12, 2008, 02:25:51 PM »
New name for Superstar Rangers.
By: (ttproleague)

Home supporters of Superstar Rangers can now feel a greater sense of pride in 2008 after the club announced this week, their new title, St Anns Rangers.
The St Anns, Port of Spain based club in efforts to connect with their supporters have made the decision which has been in the making for some time as explained by Rangers’ owner Richard Fakoory.
He told ‘ttproleague.com’, “We have been pondering on this idea for a while now.”
“It makes perfect sense to do this. We want our supporters to feel attached. Although a lot of them are aware that we are from St Anns, there is no real connection to our club,” said Fakoory.
Fakoory now believes that with a true home name, St Anns Rangers, his club can attract more interests.
“The most important find that we can get out of this, is attracting the young talent from St Anns and surrounding communities to want to play for us. We (St Anns Rangers) reside in mecca north Trinidad and we want to draw the youths to our club.”
Fakoory believes that his club suffered in the past by bigger clubs attracting young talents from his very own backyard. But with a club that represents their community, Fakoory is hoping that youths will stay at home with St Anns Rangers.
”We also believe that with our new name which attaches us to the St Anns/Cascade area, we can acquire sponsors to our team,” added the St Anns Rangers owner.
Rangers also announced open sessions on Saturday and Sunday for their 2008 senior team at the President’s Ground in St Anns, both days from 1pm.
St Anns Rangers youth teams will begin training on Tuesday (today) at the same, President’s Ground.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 03:31:22 PM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New name for Superstar Rangers
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 02:32:43 PM »
Long overdue but good move nonetheless. Small area though, good luck to the club.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 02:47:24 PM »
Samall area, but still wish de team de best :beermug:...Hopefully they put out a good enough squad to challenge for the title

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 02:51:05 PM »
sounding like a bunch a mad men... ::)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 03:20:42 PM »
ah surprise Bally ent post this news first... If Rangers ever get they own home grounds... they could call it the "Mad House"

What about WASA? we ent self hear anything about them coming in the league at the expense of Tobago Utd... what going on?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 03:21:30 PM »
sounding like a bunch a mad men... ::)
I read dat de new name will actually be St. Ann's DeRangers...

ba-dum-bum...

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New name for Superstar Rangers.
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 05:04:08 PM »
FF I knew about this for a while now but I’m not happy this man Fackoory was the sponsor for ranger now he’s the owner they not picking none of the home grown players this is not a St Ann’s team anymore just imagine a player like Colin Roberts played for ranger from the age of 5 when the made it to the Pro league they told him 500 dollars take or leave it then bring all kind of outside players a pay them big money Gamba who has been coaching the youth teams for over 20 years get treated  like dog shit the top coach interfering with his roster putting injured Pro league players on his reserve team and sabotaging his team so I’ m not happy with the state off rangers   
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 06:30:53 PM »
I went and take a sweat in Presidents today.

Rangers Youth sides had a real big turnout.

One group with fellas looking like under 12. Another group about under 16 and then some under 18.

Plenty Ball work, juggling, passing and trapping, possession and small goal.

Another thing...Rangers has a very cosmopolitan Youth team. Plenty Indian, Chinee, Mixup and White Boys training, this is good to see.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 06:34:42 PM »
i have a meeting on this tomorrow.....insight soon
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 06:51:49 PM »
i have a meeting on this tomorrow.....insight soon

thanks in advance  ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 06:52:42 PM »
It is nice that they have identified with their commmunity. Good luck. I always thought they should be Port-of-Spain Rangers of St Anns or St. Anns Rangers of POS.  With the exception of the DF, they are the only team from POS in the PFL. They should have use this opprtunity to incorporate the whole of "town". As much as they are a St. Ann's based team, I think they need to have a bigger fan base. Pro football team need to put people in the stands.  
   Another thing about hometowm players. Most times when a team is formed, it is 90% neighboorhood kids. They may have a 5 or 6 yr run, winning every thing. If the neighboorhood big and has plenty talent it will stay a community based players team. But sometimes or most time that replenishment local talent is not forthcoming, so the have to go outside. That happen to most clubs. When was the llast time Manu, Arsenal, Liverpool have an outstanding  local superstar or shithong  on their team. But good move by "Mad House" Rangers(I have to stick that one in).

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 08:18:36 PM »
FF I knew about this for a while now but I’m not happy this man Fackoory was the sponsor for ranger now he’s the owner they not picking none of the home grown players this is not a St Ann’s team anymore just imagine a player like Colin Roberts played for ranger from the age of 5 when the made it to the Pro league they told him 500 dollars take or leave it then bring all kind of outside players a pay them big money Gamba who has been coaching the youth teams for over 20 years get treated  like dog shit the top coach interfering with his roster putting injured Pro league players on his reserve team and sabotaging his team so I’ m not happy with the state off rangers   
ah feel yuh pain...an yuh probably dig ah disrespect ting....an yuh might be correct, buh look at the majority..suppose if Supersar Rangers have 5-6 youth teams, and say 2-3 Senior teams..what happens to the 30 youth teams, and ah senior/youth outta say Woodbrook or Belmont actually develop more or quicker than the 3 youths from St. Anns who really born in the club and they father dem serve for years, should the club Semi-Pro team coach say, sorry Woodbrooke, yuh cyah play for we no more, ah have to give the local boy a runout, keep coming practice for the rest ah season, like yuh have been doin for the last couple seasons with we, and IF one ah we favorites get hurt, wel yuh know yuh pick sure, meanwhile play with we development coach, and we go move yuh up to suit..nah the development coach go have to let yuh go cause you is really we best player...OH...doh dig, the other 30 club youths who went thru the progra, go retire, cause we doh have no place for them....nahh..nahh, nobody shouldn't play with no other team, we develop them and we not selling dem...we could loan allyuh out, buh allyuh cyah play against we, is just not nice...
Bally, ah jus tryn to indicate ( not even sure ah could) the local club camaderie, love, loyalty and the club semi-pro business has to be seperate entities..If yuh goin to play professionally, yuh have to act professionally...is not about the indvidual, Gamba, Fakory or Colin, but the business of Pro sports..ah family business, is not just meant to give ppl in the family ah job, an everybody go get the same salary, and same benefits,but it is ROI and PM, otherwise call it ah wuk ...shim ah doh know if ah makin the point in meh head...yuh see whey ah going or ah jus talkin riddles ?

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 09:51:04 AM »
St Anns is where de mad house is nah...

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 03:15:14 PM »
Would tell you that what Fackoory did was calculated it wasn’t business he knew that men like Colin would play for peanuts in the Pro league and he try to take advantage one example it Josh Belgrave  he told 500 hundred too but josh held out until they paid him right then he came on during the middle of the season and scored a lot of goals Colin took a pay cut there first season but when they got a good sponsor now he decide he can’t pay no to say Colin is shit snake he’s one of ranger all time leading scorers there is a lot more of things that’s happening at this club most of you wouldn’t understand so will just leave it at that   
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 08:12:14 AM »
Glad to see the Madmen finally getting some sense. I just sorry mih home area st. Ann's/Cascade so small. Is a pity we couldn't incorporate Belmont as well, but it always been a different demographic on either side of the Hilton...

The major problem with this home identification is that, not only the player pool real small in them two communities (and the amount ah town houses and hotels they putting up there not making it any bigger), but is two communities where it ent have no set ah corporate sponsors.

I always believe that is not only the fans, but also the businessmen from an area that have to come out to support a team to create that identification.

Been home recently and I find both ah these areas really need some renovation, both in terms of physical infrastructure and community spirit. If Rangers move shrewd they could be the catalyst for that, but I know that dream go wait a good while to come true.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 09:20:36 AM »
Colin Roberts...That mad buss up we net a few times with some wicked curling bullets.

Bally don't dig no horrors is small money they have to pay because is a small money league.

These men is businessmen they not giving away money.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 11:29:27 AM »
My view on what's going on with Rangers is this,Rangers realize they can't compete or survive on the way they are operating at the present time,the bigger clubs will always dominate unless they change their policies because their better players will always leave to go where it have a better future,what happening with Rangers is not new it's the same thing that happen to San Juan Jabloteh that's why today it have nobody from San Juan on the team,is true they might be the best team in the country but is it doing for San Juan,i remember when the whole of San Juan used to follow that team,can't say the same for now.

Having said that i like what Rangers attempting to do by trying to keep the community involved although looking for outside help,i can't understand why St Anns/Belmont/Cascade areas struggling to produce or don't have that base they used to have for players,that area had some of the best teams/players in the country at one time,Colts,Luton Town,Dynamos,Providence,Peterborough etc etc they had an advantage because of their closeness to the Savannah,these guys from small lived there,what happening to the youths in those areas today?

As someone else said before Fakoury is a businessman and it's very hard to be putting out money without some kind of return,is either you are a professional team or you are not,it have no in between in this business,he is gambling by making these changes,you can never forcast how things going to turn out,La Foucade has his work cut out for him in that it's a young team,experience Coach with inexperience players,initially they going to struggle but patience must be the watch word,sometimes we expect results too quick and that distroys everything,any how Rangers i wish you success.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 12:50:29 PM by Coop's »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 04:00:56 PM »
Good analysis, Coops,
                               I think is a good move. But, East POS is not lacking talent, but lacking money. There is no business man with money or any financially solid business organization willing to invest money in pro football. East POS is a bedroom community. They don't have any big businesses on that side. Fakoury is a business man who is passionate about football, but has limited resources. It is unfortunate he is not able to get other like-minded "ball-jumbies" to pool their resources to have a financially viable team. It is a good move, althogh I think he should incorporate POS. He is the only team from POS (with the exception of DF) in the PFL. He should try to identify as a POS team and not just St. Anns. But good move anyway.

1]; } ?>