March 28, 2024, 06:11:38 AM

Author Topic: Happy Independence Thread  (Read 56327 times)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
After 48 years of independence T&T nothing but a failed state
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2010, 08:07:15 AM »
After 48 years of independence T&T nothing but a failed state

Published: 17 Sep 2010

As we continue to mark the 48th anniversary of our independence, I reflect and ask myself: after 48 years, am I satisfied with the progress of my country? I am finding it very difficult to say that am satisfied.

What I am seeing is a nation full of deceit, deception, and dishonesty; with senior citizens not been given the respect that they are due and our young people losing purpose and direction.
I see a nation which has failed its people after 48 years, when we should be proud as a nation having progressed over the years with all facets in place and benefiting our citizenry. We are nothing but a failed state. How can we be truly happy and proud as a people when we see our Ag Commissioner of Police being unceremoniously terminated on the eve of our independence, having served this nation with distinction? In our 48 years as an independent nation it is the worse act perpetrated on a serving head. We are truly an ungrateful nation.

How can we be happy as a nation when the level of indiscipline is so intolerable among our young people who have lost purpose and direction? Where has our nation’s watchwords gone? The “Father of the Nation,” the late Dr Eric Eustace Williams, must be turning in his watery grave when he sees the direction that this country is headed in after he left a solid foundation on which to build and after giving to this nation independence 48 years ago. On this 48th anniversary of independence, all is no totally lost and I am calling on every citizen to rededicate their efforts to the rebuilding of our nation, always reminded of the watchwords: Discipline, Production and Tolerance. And let ever creed and race have an equal place.

Let us as a people preserve and protect our democracy. Let us respect and honour our senior citizens. Let us love one another and remove spite and vindictiveness. Let us truly love our nation. Let us be always thankful to the Father of the Nation for all he did for this nation. Today my joy and happiness are in congratulating Kamaluddin Mohammed, who has been recognised for his contribution to the national landscape with the nation’s highest award. You served under Williams with distinction and honour and should have been awarded this honour long before ,but nothing happens before its time.

Reginald Nidale
Port-of-Spain
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: After 48 years of independence T&T nothing but a failed state
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2010, 04:41:45 PM »
TT is a young country. Young countries encounter these growing pains. Even the US had its civil war that almost ripped it appart.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: After 48 years of independence T&T nothing but a failed state
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2010, 07:21:35 PM »
good point Deeks..

AirMan

Dr Eric Williams 1962 Independence Speech..(Rare Videos footage)
« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2010, 11:33:59 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uPMTtiZEyTs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uPMTtiZEyTs</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/EgQzobAtQ-4&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/EgQzobAtQ-4&amp;feature=related</a>
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 11:41:36 AM by AirMan »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dr Eric Williams 1962 Independence Speech..(Rare Videos footage)
« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2010, 08:38:37 PM »
Good post ...Both videos of different speeches are special in T&T history

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
happy independence
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2011, 10:33:02 AM »
to all my americans and all whop respect and show support to there adopted land ..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: happy independence
« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2011, 11:27:07 AM »
Real barbecue and beers runnin today.  Enjoy yourself everybody and be safe.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2011, 12:16:47 PM »
Making a turn to Philly to link up with some friends... later on will check out headliners The Roots along with Earth, Wind and Fire, Michael McDonald, Estelle, Sara Bareilles, and DJ Jazzy Jeff in a free concert, culminating in some Fireworks at sunset.  Should be a good time.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Fourth.

AirMan

« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2011, 01:05:57 PM »
Happy July 4th...

A British woman just frowned at me when I ask her what she think about the American Revolution and how the Patriots won.  ;D

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2011, 07:42:44 PM »
Happy July 4th...

A British woman just frowned at me when I ask her what she think about the American Revolution and how the Patriots won.  ;D
Yuh look fuh dat.  :heehee:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2011, 09:50:03 PM »
Making a turn to Philly to link up with some friends... later on will check out headliners The Roots along with Earth, Wind and Fire, Michael McDonald, Estelle, Sara Bareilles, and DJ Jazzy Jeff in a free concert, culminating in some Fireworks at sunset.  Should be a good time.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Fourth.

So Bakes how was de concert? Just 2 days ago a friend of mine was saying how Jazzy Jeff was a guest dj at a club she was at and it was real stylz...he mix nuff dancehall and ting and mash up de place, and this was at a club in Pittsburgh, not no West Indian club.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 04, 2011, 10:49:52 PM »
So Bakes how was de concert? Just 2 days ago a friend of mine was saying how Jazzy Jeff was a guest dj at a club she was at and it was real stylz...he mix nuff dancehall and ting and mash up de place, and this was at a club in Pittsburgh, not no West Indian club.

Ended up not even getting on de road... steups.  Ah up against ah deadline here and was trying to finish up some stuff so ah decided against it.  From what ah hear The Roots mash up doh... perform fuh three solid hours backing up everybody, including EWF who, I assume, didn't come with the full band.  I have no doubt they rip though b/c years ago I saw them at the 9:30 Club in DC... one of the best live concerts I've ever been too... they that good.

Didn't hear anything specifically about Jazzy Jeff, but ah wouldn't be surprised... he's a DJ on one of the stations in Philly and produces as well.  That and the fact that there's a large enough JA presence in Philly would explain the reggae touches.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2011, 11:08:43 PM »
Jazzy Jeff is one of the greatest scratch dj's to ever grace the face of this earth. Most of the scratches that Dj's like Q'Bert & RJD2, uses in their repertoire are a spin off from stuff that Jazz invented. Really a joy to watch.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:20:30 PM by Daft Trini »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 05, 2011, 09:15:00 AM »
Haven't seen the Roots in years - sound like a nice vibes...

Wha bout my lil niece bday is July 4th, so is BBQ, beers, cake and ice cream ;D get lash this weekend lol...

Feel like ah carryin' a extra stomach...and ah duckin' the gym this afternoon under tiredness  :-\

still qualified as a good weekend.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2011, 02:23:11 AM »
took on machelmontano  at washington park.. my family decide to stay home... I took advantage of it.. Di man mash it up man..

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Happy Independence Day T&T
« Reply #135 on: August 31, 2011, 06:43:09 AM »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Independence Day T&T
« Reply #136 on: August 31, 2011, 06:45:04 AM »
Watching the parade. Why these official vehicles have rims? I guess its promotional. But still...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Well....Happy Independence....
« Reply #137 on: August 31, 2011, 06:49:37 AM »
Message from Brother Resistance (on Facebook)
all trinbagonians...happy Independence Day...is 49years and we going still yes ...we lock down,we lock up,we lock out but we lock in to de love of building we nation bcuz we not turning back to look for no union jack...lewwe red white and black it up
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 31, 2011, 07:24:35 AM »
Happy Independence...

:beermug:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Independence Day T&T
« Reply #139 on: August 31, 2011, 07:29:54 AM »
Watching the parade. Why these official vehicles have rims? I guess its promotional. But still...

rims? like 'pretty' chrome rims? on government cars
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 31, 2011, 08:05:39 AM »

It would be good to know what businesses, institutions, traditions have the same age and are uniquely Trinidad and Tobago.

Happy Independence
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 31, 2011, 08:40:00 AM »
I find this man farse and out of place.....watch from min 1:00 - 2:00 thereabouts..... ;D  ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eOe65dR41zU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eOe65dR41zU</a>
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2011, 09:57:24 AM »
happy independence

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2011, 10:20:23 AM »
I find this man farse and out of place.....watch from min 1:00 - 2:00 thereabouts..... ;D  ;D

He has a point lol...just kidding!!!

T&T!!!

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 31, 2011, 12:17:12 PM »
Happy independence.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 31, 2011, 01:52:33 PM »
Happy 49th Year of Independence to all Trinbagonians on this forum & worldwide!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SnYh2ih9NKg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SnYh2ih9NKg</a>
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

AirMan

« Reply #146 on: August 31, 2011, 07:39:48 PM »

Happy Independence T&T  :beermug:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mt-TE0yGwm4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mt-TE0yGwm4</a>

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Trinidad and Tobago Independence Thread
« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2012, 11:19:19 AM »
50th Anniversary of T&T Independence

Logo has been unveiled

Kamla to launch 50th Independence anniversary celebrations - T&T Express - Apr 1
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 05:59:35 AM by Flex »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 50th Anniversary of T&T Independence
« Reply #148 on: May 02, 2012, 11:04:06 PM »
So...what exactly de plan is for this?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: 50th Anniversary of T&T Independence
« Reply #149 on: May 03, 2012, 07:16:09 AM »
I am hoping for a series of programs that highlight nationals who would have contributed towards national development.

Forgetting for once, party politics, race and religon, this should be all about contribution towards T&T.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

1]; } ?>