April 28, 2024, 12:31:14 PM

Author Topic: Maturana mixes his picks for next warm-up international.  (Read 11484 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maturana mixes his picks for next warm-up international.
« on: February 15, 2008, 03:07:11 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago Senior Team head coach Francisco Maturana has selected his squad of home-based players to prepare for an upcoming friendly international at home to El Salvador scheduled for March 19.
Maturana, after viewing the majority home-based players over three matches and several training sessions, has kept some faces in the mix and has invited three players who represented this country at the FIFA Under 17 World Championship last year – defenders Daneil Cyrus and Akeem Adams and midfielder Leston Paul.
Current National Under 20 striker Jamaal Gay has also been called up. Making a return to the team is Joe Public striker Gary Glasgow, defender Keyeno Thomas and 2006 World Cup team midfielder Aurtis Whitley.
Maturana explained that those players who were not invited will be monitored on an ongoing basis when action resumes in the T&T Pro League.
“The truth is that the players here at home are in their pre-season and you don’t always see their best level outside of when they are into their full season.
But we have also assessed the players who have been with us and we have kept some in the squad and we have also invited some younger faces with an eye on securing the country’s future in the game. If you look at most of the other nations… they are all securing their futures,” Maturana told TTFF Media after a meeting with assistant coach Anton Corneal, Cesar Maturana and Jorge Luis at the TTFF’s Technical Department Office, Kantac Plaza on Friday.
“The door is not closed on anyone but we have to work towards getting a base of local players to compliment the foreign players who we will be invited for other matches before the qualifiers start,” Maturana explained.
“We must be able to see what players can play and compete well at the top level. We must know all the players. We know that the time is near before our qualification but we also have some of the younger players involved because the future must be secured as well. These are the players who have the best potential to maybe make it at the higher level.
The players maintaining their selection after the Guadeloupe friendly include Seon Power, Keon Daniel, Aklie Edwards, Keston Williams, Kern Cupid, Marvin Phillip, Hayden Tinto and Khaleem Hyland. Tinto will not be involved in training next week as he heads out for a trial with MLS club San Jose Earthquake.
Former National Under 20 captain Makan Hislop, who played for the Senior Team in last year’s Digicel Cup has also been invited and will join the training sessions next week. Other returning faces include Lester Peltier, Ataullah Guerra, Daurance Williams, Karlon Murray, Jason Marcano and Silas Spann.
On the selection of Whitley who has been away from the national team since October 2006, Corneal said talks were held with the player on Maturana’s request and he (Whitley) expressed a willingness to return and has pledged his commitment to the South Africa 2010 drive.
“We are very serious about players’ commitment. But the past is history and I am not concerned about that. I am interested in making new history and this is where we will from… the present to the future,” Maturana said. “We told him (Whitley) that we want to know his level of commitment and he has assured us of this. All the players that represent the country must be committed.
T&T will face El Salvador on March 19 and five US/Canadian-based players will be invited for that game. They include National Under 23 members Kevon Neaves and Ancil Farrier, Toronto FC defender Julius James, Randi Patterson of the New York Red Bulls and forward Robbie Findley of Real Salt Lake.
Following the game on March 19, a squad inclusive of the selected overseas-based pros will be picked for the March 26 friendly international against Jamaica in Kingston. The current squad will resume training on Monday morning at the Ato Boldon Stadium and continue throughout the upcoming weeks.

Players Invited: Marvin Phillip, Kern Cupid, Aurtis Whitley (W Connection), Seon Power, Keyeno Thomas, Gary Glasgow, Silas Spann (Joe Public), Aklie Edwards, Keston Williams, Leston Paul (Defence Force), Hayden Tinto (Caledonia AIA), Keon Daniel (United Petrotrin), Jason Marcano, Khaleem Hyland, Lester Peltier, Ataullah Guerra, Karlon Murray, Daurance Williams (CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh), Jamaal Gay, Daneil Cyrus, Akeem Adams (T&T U-20s) and Makan Hislop.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 04:48:41 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana mixes his picks for next warm-up international
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 03:11:05 PM »
Julius james invited..

Atullah guerra back in de fray to join up with Peltier and Hyland..

He having a look at makan hislop..

and a commitment from whitley..

I like what ah seeing..

positive stuff

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 03:15:12 PM »
did i see Julius James AND Robbie Findley???
niceeee
is Hardest still in the US? I would at least like for Maturna to take a look see, maybe another of those Ft Lauderdale camps.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 03:18:42 PM »
Shaun, Toronto FC is in Canada ;D ;D

nice.....is Football Season oui ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 03:19:05 PM »
did i see Julius James AND Robbie Findley???
niceeee
is Hardest still in the US? I would at least like for Maturna to take a look see, maybe another of those Ft Lauderdale camps.

The inclusion of Findley is puzzling, because he was capped by the US already.

All things considered...ah loving Maturana's approach thus far. Giving dem youths ah run in de senior team is a big plus for our future!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 03:24:37 PM by FireBrand »

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 03:20:23 PM »
Julius james invited..

Nice, good stuff.

Tinto will not be involved in training next week as he heads out for a trial with MLS club San Jose Earthquake.

I'll have to see if I can get a look at him while he's here.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 03:31:10 PM »
I like what I'm seeing so far way to go Pacho

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 03:43:48 PM »
Endorsin de sentiments here thus far.

Good to see players like Neaves, James, Findley, Patterson etc in de mix

One GOOD thing for T&T football.....if there is ONE Foreign Coach who will NOT get fight down by de usual suspects is Maturana.  He and de Chief Suspeck is good padnah so daz a SERIOUS OBSTACLE removed dey one time.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 03:45:27 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 03:46:43 PM »
Ahm... how Robbie Findley reach in this? TTFF doh pay attention to what goin on with players?

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 03:48:24 PM »
Endorsin de sentiments here thus far.

Good to see players like Neaves, James, Findley, Patterson etc in de mix

One GOOD thing for T&T football.....if there is ONE Foreign Coach who will NOT get fight down by de usual suspects is Maturana.  He and de Chief Suspeck is good padnah so daz a SERIOUS OBSTACLE removed dey one time.

i hope the obstacle is not removed cause they marching to the same beat, but rather maturana have the clout to call his shots

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 03:54:09 PM »
Who is Pacho Ngozi?

Btw i like the Robbie Finley call up,  This squad look better than the shitty one they send to represent us in the last Gold Cup

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 03:57:20 PM »
Pacho is Maturana's nickname.

I want to add a lil more positive lustre to this buh I'll wait ... very good to see Makan's name included. I was oh so sure he would have been the subject of numerous follow-on comments about his exclusion ... good to see that's not necessary ... so who geh left out from those included for Guatemala?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 04:00:05 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 03:57:39 PM »
Btw i like the Robbie Finley call up
Robbie Findley has already played for the US Senior Team.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 03:57:50 PM »
I love the approach that Maturana is taking.  His experience as a coach and developer of players is outstanding and makes the obvious inexperience of Wim evident.  Whether we win or loose the exposure he is giving the young guys, miving them with veterans will be invaluable.  It is a pity we hadn't started this process six months ago or better still as soon as we returned from Germany.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 04:00:52 PM »
There is a factor at play here aside from 'experience'.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 04:04:26 PM »
He not listed here
US 2008 Player Pool

On La Galaxy Site
International
Is eligible to play for both the U.S. and Trinidad and Tobago. He has been part of T&T's Under-23 camp but has not been capped at the full international level.

On Wikipedia have this:
On October 9, 2007 Findley received a call-up to the United States senior national team for it's friendly against Switzerland on October 17, and entered the match as a last-minute substitute.

USSF
Lineups:
USA: 24-Marcus Hahnemann (18-Brad Guzan, 46); 6-Steve Cherundolo, 22-Oguchi Onyewu (2-Dan Califf, 46), 3-Carlos Bocanegra (Capt.), 7-Eddie Lewis (9-Danny Szetela, 84); 5-Benny Feilhaber, 13-Maurice Edu, 4-Michael Bradley,17-DaMarcus Beasley (11-Heath Pearce, 31); 20-Taylor Twellman (25-Freddy Adu, 77), 8-Clint Dempsey (29-Robbie Findley, 90)
Subs not used: 23-Jay DeMerit
Head Coach: Bob Bradley
I wonder if they planning to appeal or something because he get a cobo
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 04:14:55 PM by dcs »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 04:08:46 PM »
Palos,
             Pacho and the Chief Suspect on the same page for now.  Everything might look nice now. But let's wait and see how this new bandwagon marches on.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 04:12:47 PM »
He not listed here
US 2008 Player Pool

On La Galaxy Site
International
Is eligible to play for both the U.S. and Trinidad and Tobago. He has been part of T&T's Under-23 camp but has not been capped at the full international level.

On Wikipedia have this:
On October 9, 2007 Findley received a call-up to the United States senior national team for it's friendly against Switzerland on October 17, and entered the match as a last-minute substitute.

More likely is that they wasn't aware and they just add his name to a list

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 04:14:00 PM »
I think he(Findley) is eligible, as he has not represented the US in any Official Fifa sanctioned Competition.....

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 04:15:41 PM »
I think he(Findley) is eligible, as he has not represented the US in any Official Fifa sanctioned Competition.....
So caps don't count unless is in a tournament?

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2008, 04:16:20 PM »
He not listed here
US 2008 Player Pool

On La Galaxy Site
International

On Wikipedia have this:

Is a friendly considered a cap that locks him in -  I don't think so? Question really is has he responded to the invite from TTFF.

Here's the FIFA rule
"2.  If a player has been included in a national or representative team of a country for which he is eligible to play pursuant to §1, he shall not be permitted to take part in an international match for another country. Accordingly, any player who is qualified to play for more than one national association (i.e. who has dual nationality) will be deemed to have committed himself to one association only when he plays his first international match in an official competition (at any level) for that association."

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2008, 04:16:43 PM »

Ah hope so.  If they have any sense they would check it out before naming him and looking like international idiots.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2008, 04:20:53 PM »
He not listed here
US 2008 Player Pool

On La Galaxy Site
International

On Wikipedia have this:

Is a friendly considered a cap that locks him in -  I don't think so? Question really is has he responded to the invite from TTFF.

Here's the FIFA rule
"2.  If a player has been included in a national or representative team of a country for which he is eligible to play pursuant to §1, he shall not be permitted to take part in an international match for another country. Accordingly, any player who is qualified to play for more than one national association (i.e. who has dual nationality) will be deemed to have committed himself to one association only when he plays his first international match in an official competition (at any level) for that association."
Hm. Learn someting there.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2008, 04:42:50 PM »
FIFA STATUTES - 2007
VII. ELIGIBILITY TO PLAY FOR ASSOCIATION TEAMS
Article 15 Principle

Any person holding the nationality of a country is eligible to play for the representative teams of the Association of that country. The Executive Committee shall decide on the conditions of eligibility for any Player who has not played international football in accordance with par. 2 below, and either acquires a new nationality or is eligible to play for the teams of more than one Association due to his nationality.

With the exception of the conditions specified in par. 3 and 4 below, any Player who has already represented one Association in a match (either in full or in part) in an official competition of any category or any type of football may not play an international match for a representative team of another Association.

If a Player has more than one nationality, or if a Player acquires a new nationality, or if a Player is eligible to play for several Associations’ teams due to nationality, he may, up to his 21st birthday, request to change the Association for which he is eligible to play international matches to the Association of another country of which he holds nationality, subject to the following conditions:
(a)He has not played a match (either in full or in part) at “A” international level for his current Association, and if at the time of his first full or partial appearance in an international match in an official competition for his current Association, he already had the nationality of the Association’s team for which he wishes to play.
(b)He is not permitted to play for his new Association in any competition in which he has already played for his previous Association. A player may exercise this right only once.

If a Player who has been fielded by his Association in an international match in accordance with par. 2 above permanently loses the nationality of that country without his consent or against his will due to a decision by a government authority, he may request permission to play for another Association whose nationality he already has or has acquired.

Any Player who has the right to change Associations in accordance with par. 3 and 4 above shall submit a written, substantiated request to the FIFA general secretariat. The Players’ Status Committee shall decide on the request. The procedure will be in accordance with the Rules Governing the Procedures of the Players’ Status Committee and the Dispute Resolution Chamber. Once the player has filed his request, he is not eligible to play for any Association team until his request has been processed.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2008, 04:44:27 PM »
About time.These U-20 youths will surprise a lot of people.  
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2008, 04:50:46 PM »
He not listed here
US 2008 Player Pool

On La Galaxy Site
International

On Wikipedia have this:

that is a BIG question, knowing he knocking of the door of the US MNT, and also have a chance to be a SocaWarrior but have to deal with JW whilst doing it.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana mixes his picks for next warm-up international.
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2008, 04:54:56 PM »
I just asked Fuentes about Findley and he said he is still eligible to play for us. However, he has not responded to the call as yet...

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2008, 05:01:41 PM »

According to e-man post he eligible but from what i reading in the statutes I doh think he eligible since he over 21....cud be i reading it wrong or it has changed.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2008, 05:12:13 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago Senior Team head coach Francisco Maturana has selected his squad of home-based players to prepare for an upcoming friendly international at home to El Salvador scheduled for March 19.
Maturana, after viewing the majority home-based players over three matches and several training sessions, has kept some faces in the mix and has invited three players who represented this country at the FIFA Under 17 World Championship last year – defenders Daneil Cyrus and Akeem Adams and midfielder Leston Paul.
Current National Under 20 striker Jamaal Gay has also been called up.

If you look at most of the other nations… they are all securing their futures,” Maturana told TTFF Media after a meeting with assistant coach Anton Corneal, Cesar Maturana and Jorge Luis at the

That is one hell of a signal for those players who wise enough to listen

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2008, 05:15:05 PM »
Loads of penitential in that squad !

Finally some good news and nice to hear Martuana have T&T at heart even for the future. I am very happy.

I too happy yes, I going and pelt ah jock...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 05:16:06 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>