April 19, 2024, 06:28:32 PM

Author Topic: 4 in form strikers  (Read 2225 times)

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
4 in form strikers
« on: February 19, 2008, 08:02:07 AM »
We have Darryl Roberts, K.J, Stern & Jason who do we start with 4 the friendly in yard if all are selected. My next question is can we start them all, i kno Darryl can play on d left and K.J can play in the defence, i would like to kno wat some of u guys think.

app     goals

Darryl Roberts -       12         6
Kenwyne Jones -     22         5
Jason Scotland -      31         16
Stern John -           21         13

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: 4 in form strikers
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 08:08:56 AM »
yea man we should put the biggest strongest fastest striker to play right back :rotfl:
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 08:31:01 AM »
yea man we should put the biggest strongest fastest striker to play right back :rotfl:
i never say that, although he is d best player (striker or defender) on d team and who do we have in that position that better than him defending.if it's better 4 the team i belive he should play there cause we hav some fire power up front. "if its better 4 the team"

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 08:54:04 AM »
i never say that, although he is d best player (striker or defender) on d team and who do we have in that position that better than him defending.if it's better 4 the team i belive he should play there cause we hav some fire power up front. "if its better 4 the team"
This is why I believe Carlos should play right back. But ain't too many people would support that. (Just like I doh support using KJ in defence.)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 08:58:59 AM by Well Yes »

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 09:07:49 AM »
doh worry

i hear stern does save real good in traing so we cud put he in the post and put ince up front cuz he control a lil defter than john own and he accustomed kickin the ball

like allyuh feel in ps2 when yuh puttin carlos to strike for brazil cuz he shot pwr is 99 ;D ;D

take win
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 09:29:46 AM »
This is why I believe Carlos should play right back. But ain't too many people would support that. (Just like I doh support using KJ in defence.)

I haven't seen Carlos display the range of passing that would best utilize his skills at RB. If we do get someone who can add width the pitch and has a shot like Carlos I wouldn't mind seeing as RB. Actually I would be very relieved. Cause the game with Sweden showed he can make timely tackles and he does have speed and a good football brain.

I wouldn't mind seeing Roberts playing in the mid behind the striker/strikers. From what I have seen of him his work rate is high. He puts in timely tackles and makes decent attacking runs from deep.  Stern will always be Stern he does raise meh pressure but he does come through. I think he should start. Scotland sound like a greedy man from what I heard from the last games and comments at club level. He does seem to posses the ability to run at defenses though. I would bring him off the bench after other strikers wear down the opposing defense a little.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 09:34:28 AM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 09:37:12 AM »
Not a bad question, but no need to get sidetracked.

I personally believe that we need Jones' presence and agressivity against them breakfoot yard defenders (I wonder if Nosworthy go be playing central defence for them :thinking:

I badly want Roberts to play this game more as a message to Sparta than for anything he could bring to the  team, but if we play him as a winger like Samuels was used he should be comfortable with his club position and add width on the left (correct me if he plays right)

As much as I hate to say it I think Stern should sit this one out and come on in the second half (if we winning he couldat maintaining possession, if we losing it mean one of we other strikers ineffectual) Let KJ play up top and knock down balls to Scotland who could then run at men and blast rockets with both feet. Having both Stern and KJ on the same field with them tight marking, rough and bumpy yard defenders is a recipe for frustration imo..
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 09:43:52 AM »
I want Roberts in attackin midfield.
We doh have much options there and in the Gold Cup he did a good job.
Plus his experience in the Eredivisie is priceless.

Tell Maturana ah say so :)

Stern and Jones not very mobile, but they both hold the ball up very well, and if they know how to play off each other they could be settin each other up for shots.
Midknight, Stern have both feet too but the left even deadlier than the right.
And yeh Jones' "agressivity" is a big plus. :)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 10:11:48 AM »
We doh have much options there

How yuh forget Hardest dry dry so ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 10:53:05 AM »

Stern and Jones not very mobile, but they both hold the ball up very well, and if they know how to play off each other they could be settin each other up for shots.
yea i belive roberts could be a good A.M he needed ah lil work on he first touch i dont kno if it get better since gold cup but we go see

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 12:00:42 PM »

Jones is not very mobile?? He's probably one of the fastest players we've got.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 01:18:05 PM »
Yeh ah say it wrong.
Jones is mobile but the style of football he's been playing for Sunderland is not.
I know he can run but Sunderland (like T&T) like de long ball ting where he is forced to play with his back to the goal.
Jones still learnin to be a striker and he doh get much practice making diagonal runs etc for Sunderland.
He just kind of hangs around at the top of the box, like Stern.
Ah think Jones need to work on dat but if his team not playin like that then there's not much that he can do about it.

Ah think ah need to add more.
Come to think of it, if Stern does his usual trap and screen game, then it should enable Jones to make some moves around Stern which would be good.
However I not sure Jones knows how to make those runs as yet because I don't see him doing it for Sunderland.
I'm sure it would be a nice change for Jones to not be the sole target man.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 01:39:54 PM by Peong »

1]; } ?>