April 25, 2024, 06:48:54 AM

Author Topic: Oliver’s move to Jabloteh finalized.  (Read 5832 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Oliver’s move to Jabloteh finalized.
« on: February 20, 2008, 12:05:06 PM »
Oliver’s move to Jabloteh finalized.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).

Caledonia AIA are without their ace midfielder Marvin Oliver ahead of the 2008 season after agreeing on a $20,000 transfer fee with cross-town rivals Clico San Juan Jabloteh for the player.

Caledonia AIA Chairman Brian Lewis confirmed the arrangement speaking with ‘ttproleague.com’ on Wednesday. He said, “After weeks of ongoing negotiations we (Caledonia) have finalized the transfer of Oliver in a very amicable and constructive manner.”

Jabloteh Team Manager Azard Khan also confirmed with ‘ttproleague.com’ that a deal has been finalized for Oliver. Oliver is expected to sign on the dotted line for a two year contract with the ‘San Juan Kings’.

Lewis added, “We can admit that this is a significant loss to our club and one that we didn’t expect. It caught us very much by surprise with Oliver wanting to move to Jabloteh. But his contribution to our club last season meant that we had to consider his wishes and that was the premise Caledonia operated on. We didn’t want to put obstacles in Marvin’s way.”

Lewis explained that Marvin Oliver indicated that he had no beef with Caledonia AIA and was just in pursuit of his childhood dreams—Oliver started off his playing career with the Jabloteh as a youth player and it was his desire to represent the club at professional level.

“There are certain things in the agreement that I as chairman of Caledonia AIA is not pleased with,” said Lewis. “But we understand that we needed to resolute this in a very formal manner.”

The Caledonia AIA Chairman further explained that his club initially requested a $50,000 transfer fee but in respect to the player, accepted $20,000.

We valued Oliver as more than what we got for him. We valued him on his form of last season,” said Lewis. “His heart is no longer with us (Caledonia) and we had to come to an agreement with Jabloteh.”

“We have accepted the whole thing and Caledonia already have a history of moving on. We have our 2008 season ahead and we will continue our drive to be the premier club in Trinidad and Tobago,” added Lewis.

Marvin Oliver began training on Monday with Jabloteh at St Mary’s Ground in Port of Spain, a matter Lewis is not pleased with. He said, “There are rules to go by in the TT Pro League. On Monday nothing was finalized and Marvin was allowed to train.

We (Caledonia and Jabloteh) only came to an agreement on Tuesday. Nowhere else in professional football Marvin would be allowed to train and as a maturing league we should not allow things like this to continue,” ended Brian Lewis.

On Monday Jabloteh Technical Director Terry Fenwick told ‘ttproleague.com’, “As far as I am concerned, he (Oliver) is a Jabloteh player and we are happy to have him with us.”
Oliver accepts one year contract with Jabloteh.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).

Now-former Caledonia AIA midfielder Marvin Oliver has agreed on a one year contact with Clico San Juan Jabloteh that will see him through the 2008 season with the defending League champions.

Jabloteh Team Manager Azad Khan confirmed the signing saying, “We have offered him a one year deal which he has accepted. He is with us (Jabloteh) for one year with the option of us deciding at the end of the season to add another.”

Jabloteh Technical Director Terry Fenwick boasted Oliver as the most prolific midfielder in the League. He said, “I have had my eyes on Marvin all of last season and he has been the best midfielder. I think he has had a colossal season with Caledonia AIA.”

“He has the right attitude and the will to win. I think that he will be a great addition to our club and a good example at our club for the younger players. I hope that his winning attitude will help our club to more success in 2008,” ended Fenwick.

In a previous report, the 34 year old Marvin is quoted as saying, “At my age opportunities come rarely and I saw the opportunity to join my childhood home club Jabloteh as a great one. I am from San Juan and I have a lot of history with the club. Jabloteh is also planning trips out to Europe and that’s another opportunity for me.”

Fenwick: Oliver the best
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 01:54:07 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Oliver’s move to Jabloteh finalized
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 12:14:30 PM »
Oliver’s move to Jabloteh finalized       
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague.com).

Caledonia AIA are without their ace midfielder Marvin Oliver ahead of the 2008 season after agreeing on a $20,000 transfer fee with cross-town rivals Clico San Juan Jabloteh for the player.
Caledonia AIA Chairman Brian Lewis confirmed the arrangement speaking with ‘ttproleague.com’ on Wednesday. He said, “After weeks of ongoing negotiations we (Caledonia) have finalized the transfer of Oliver in a very amicable and constructive manner.”
Jabloteh Team Manager Azard Khan also confirmed with ‘ttproleague.com’ that a deal has been finalized for Oliver. Oliver is expected to sign on the dotted line for a two year contract with the ‘San Juan Kings’.
Lewis added, “We can admit that this is a significant loss to our club and one that we didn’t expect. It caught us very much by surprise with Oliver wanting to move to Jabloteh. But his contribution to our club last season meant that we had to consider his wishes and that was the premise Caledonia operated on. We didn’t want to put obstacles in Marvin’s way.”
Lewis explained that Marvin Oliver indicated that he had no beef with Caledonia AIA and was just in pursuit of his childhood dreams—Oliver started off his playing career with the Jabloteh as a youth player and it was his desire to represent the club at professional level.
“There are certain things in the agreement that I as chairman of Caledonia AIA is not pleased with,” said Lewis. “But we understand that we needed to resolute this in a very formal manner.”
The Caledonia AIA Chairman further explained that his club initially requested a $50,000 transfer fee but in respect to the player, accepted $20,000.
We valued Oliver as more than what we got for him. We valued him on his form of last season,” said Lewis. “His heart is no longer with us (Caledonia) and we had to come to an agreement with Jabloteh.”
“We have accepted the whole thing and Caledonia already have a history of moving on. We have our 2008 season ahead and we will continue our drive to be the premier club in Trinidad and Tobago,” added Lewis.
Marvin Oliver began training on Monday with Jabloteh at St Mary’s Ground in Port of Spain, a matter Lewis is not pleased with. He said, “There are rules to go by in the TT Pro League. On Monday nothing was finalized and Marvin was allowed to train. We (Caledonia and Jabloteh) only came to an agreement on Tuesday. Nowhere else in professional football Marvin would be allowed to train and as a maturing league we should not allow things like this to continue,” ended Brian Lewis.
On Monday Jabloteh Technical Director Terry Fenwick told ‘ttproleague.com’, “As far as I am concerned, he(Oliver) is a Jabloteh player and we are happy to have him with us.”

Very good news. Although he is about thirty or in his thirties, ah still hope wid de connection Jabloteh have outside, dey might get him to at least ah Scotland trial and ah contract. Although he is not young in terms of football, wid his talent and some playing time in Europe, it will only be a bonus to our national team for the 2010 WCQ. So long as he get out there, he definitely still have the legs to contribute towards our 2010 WCQ effort. All de best Oliver and best of luck with your new club and hopefully our national team. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 12:18:32 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Oliver’s move to Jabloteh finalized
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 01:21:57 PM »
Cali shoulda hold out for more money, business is business. And put one of them clauses in the contract that if he get sold abroad, they get a piece of that too.
but i seriously doubt that at his age, and with 1 cap thus far, that many european clubs go be looking to bring him over.
Maybe to India or Vietnam.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Oliver’s move to Jabloteh finalized.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 03:21:50 PM »
I don't think that Oliver would be a candidate for an over seas contract after having seen him play Ash Wednesday. I must say that I was disappointed after many ppl on here big him up to make the national team. Physically not there, only uses his right foot, no presence in the mid. He has some work to do.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 08:43:18 AM »
I hope he read dis 1 and see how long it is. In addition join FPATT if u eh do so yet
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 12:03:44 PM »
Marvin Oliver began training on Monday with Jabloteh at St Mary’s Ground in Port of Spain, a matter Lewis is not pleased with. He said, “There are rules to go by in the TT Pro League. On Monday nothing was finalized and Marvin was allowed to train. We (Caledonia and Jabloteh) only came to an agreement on Tuesday. Nowhere else in professional football Marvin would be allowed to train and as a maturing league we should not allow things like this to continue,” ended Brian Lewis.

Hmm.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 12:09:42 PM »

Real strange how Caledonia move like some bobolees in this whole thing. They setting a very bad precedence for themselves.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 12:14:17 PM »

Sweet mother of Jesus...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 12:15:42 PM »

Real strange how Caledonia move like some bobolees in this whole thing. They setting a very bad precedence for themselves.

Good gawd...not you too

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 12:18:36 PM »

Sweet mother of Jesus...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 12:24:32 PM »

Sweet mother of Jesus...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
...at least dcs ent getting quoted in papers and thing.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 12:28:31 PM »
With some of the journalists in T&T yuh never quite sure where the mistake was originate from :)
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 12:29:16 PM »
With some of the journalists in T&T yuh never quite sure where the mistake was originate from :)
True, but nah dred...I doubt is hear dat fella hear wrong.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 05:18:29 PM »
I saw Marvin on the block other night...he living up my side.
I told his neighbour to try and set up an interview with him for WN.
Suggests some questions that should be put to him nah.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 05:56:17 PM »
I saw Marvin on the block other night...he living up my side.
I told his neighbour to try and set up an interview with him for WN.
Suggests some questions that should be put to him nah.

1. How old are you? Some have you as old as 35.
2. What are you career aspirations at this point, given your age (whatever that may be)
3. What are your aspirations vis-a-vis the national team.  How does it tie into your professional goals and are those dual goals realistic in your view point
4. In what way do you think the situation involving your transfer from Caledonia to Jabloteh could have been handled more smoothly.
5. What would you consider to be your biggest career disappointment?  What contributed to it in your mind?
6. What is your notion of what constitutes a 'Professional' and in what ways do you think you conform or differ from that standard.

...that should get things cooking.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 06:29:32 PM »
Bake and Shake, You on the Inquisition board or what? You go execute him????

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 09:39:46 PM »
Bake and Shake, You on the Inquisition board or what? You go execute him????
You does eat Bake and Shake when yuh go Maracas?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 10:31:26 PM »
good stuff bakes
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 10:47:19 PM »

lol
and to think i was wondering what the hell wrong with this man and his errors..."I...is not pleased with"

This situation vexing meh for some reason...I real fiind Cali make a TERRIBLE move...maybe guided by emotion more than business sense.  How can you give up your best player without a fight and get no compensation...and to a rival no less.  Is really a Pro League or a amateur league?  steupse.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 10:08:15 AM »
we at cali aint frightened and the transfer season now start to heat up in the pro league...........who say keon daniel from petrotrin to cali or noel williams from police to cali??
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

1]; } ?>