April 25, 2024, 08:49:43 PM

Author Topic: Arsenal's Eduardo suffers broken leg from horrific tackle  (Read 31672 times)

truetrini

Arsenal's Eduardo suffers broken leg from horrific tackle
« on: February 23, 2008, 08:07:14 AM »
Martin Taylor(red carded) of Birmingham came in with studs up...seems like a broken leg, Eduardo  treated by medics for 8 minutes on the field, but 10 man Birmingham take 1-0 lead on brilliant free kick by Mc fadden

half time.

truetrini

Re: Arsenal's Eduardo suffers broken leg from horrific tackle
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 08:14:22 AM »
1409: GOAL Birmingham 1-2 Arsenal
Theo Walcott cuts in from the right to rob Liam Ridgewell and arrows a stunning shot into the bottom corner. A fabulous start to the second half from the leaders.

1409: Lovely ball from Theo Walcott to Cesc Fabregas, who hammers low shot against the post. Emmanuel Adebayor bundles into Maik Taylor as he attempts to bury the follow-up. They're a different side from the first half.

1407: This is a barnstorming start from Arsenal as Maik Taylor tips over a curler from Alex Hleb.

1403: GOAL Birmingham 1-1 Arsenal
Maik Taylor makes two fingertip saves from Cesc Fabregas and Alex Hleb but the Birmingham keeper then flaps at a corner under pressure from Emmanuel Adebayor and Theo Walcott stabs home his first Premier League goal. Taylor complains he has been fouled but it looks like he mis-timed his jump.

1359: Arsenal kick off the second half.

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 08:29:09 AM »
1424: The match stats for this game reveal Birmingham have had two shots, compared to 22 from Arsenal.

Adebayor...throwing away sitters

Arsenal rocked by Eduardo injury

Martin Taylor (out of shot) is sent off as Eduardo receives treatment
Arsenal striker Eduardo suffered a broken leg in the third minute of their Premier League encounter against Birmingham at St Andrew's.
The Croatian went down after a challenge from Birmingham's Martin Taylor, who was shown a straight red card for serious foul play.

Eduardo, 24, remained on the pitch for seven minutes as medical staff attended to him before he was stretchered off.

He was put straight into an ambulance and taken to Selly Oak Hospital.

"Arsenal have confirmed that Eduardo has broken the lower part of his left leg and is now in hospital, where they will take a decision very shortly on whether to operate," said 5 Live's Ian Brown.

The seriousness of the injury was apparent as both sets of players and medical staff looked shocked while Eduardo was treated on the pitch.

Speaking on 5 Live, ex-Everton captain Kevin Ratcliffe said: "Looking at the players, especially (Cesc) Fabregas and Adebayor, realising the seriousness of the injury their heads went down immediately."

The Brazilian-born striker looks certain to miss out on Croatia's participation at Euro 2008 in June.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 08:46:42 AM by truetrini »

giggsy11

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 08:52:03 AM »
Lost a player and 2 points! Tough day all around. Swift recovery Eduardo!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 08:53:05 AM »
That was a good hard jam boy.... Big Up Taylor... ;D 

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 09:01:11 AM »

uncalled for

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 09:10:34 AM »

uncalled for

Please... dey take away Gazza on the mental health act but "Psyco" coaching...

1) I don't like Arsenal...
2) I don't like Brazilians that much either...
3) Good jam is good jam... good to see some english teams believe in playing like brutes... If Adams or Winterburn did that would it have been acceptable...? (just a question)

Here is the tackle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG7AbLNF0kg
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 09:39:36 AM by forever trini »

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warrior Nation Member At Large

truetrini

Re: Eduardo's broken ankle
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 10:11:00 AM »
That looks career ending.  Oh gardo!

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 10:14:47 AM »
ever since allyuh get tha 4 allyuh sour boy!!

hard luck dey eduardo
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 10:20:57 AM »
shit it did it bleed it looking from under the socks like it tear trough the skin, that one bad, i think he can come back just go take long, he season done for sure, i get does get vex when men tackle like that stueps  >:(
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 10:21:49 AM »

am i seeing right?

did his bone just cut thru his socks there?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 10:23:30 AM »

Youtube Channel

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2008, 10:24:42 AM »
Looks like a clean break... hmmm.... sorry to see that but that comes with the territory...

giggsy11

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008, 10:29:18 AM »

Fox Sports.com  .

Wenger wants Taylor banned for life.

Updated: February 23, 2008, 10:55
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger called for Birmingham defender Martin Taylor to be banned for life after his tackle left Eduardo with a broken leg.

Eduardo was taken to hospital following the sickening challenge just three minutes into Saturday afternoon's Premier League game at St Andrews which finished 2-2.

Taylor was said to be "distraught" at the incident, with Blues boss Alex McLeish insisting the defender had no intention of hurting his opponent.

But Wenger was having none of it.

"This guy should never play football again," he fumed. "What is he doing on the football pitch?

"I've gone along with the idea for a long time that to stop Arsenal, you have to kick Arsenal. I knew that was coming for a long time now."

Of Eduardo's injury, Wenger added on Sky Sports News: "His injury is very, very bad.

"More than the season is over."

2/23/2008
8:05 AM (report inappropriate content)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 10:37:54 AM »
stueps d man who tackle him is a ass stueps shamefull tackle  >:(, any way arsenal draw lets go man utd :cheers:
Youtube Channel

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 10:42:59 AM »
Ah wonder if Avery did hit Alexanderson and this was de result, would our reaction have been adverse...

Onward Man U...

truetrini

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 10:48:30 AM »
Ah wonder if Avery did hit Alexanderson and this was de result, would our reaction have been adverse...

Onward Man U...

Avery tackle was nowhere close to that!  Avery get ball too.

Yuh being an ass.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2008, 10:51:00 AM »
Looks like a clean break... hmmm.... sorry to see that but that comes with the territory...

nah doh back track atol yuh shitsnake.

sorry to see what?

yuh eh sorry tuh see shit, yuh din just say thats ah good hard jam and wit ah big goofy f**kin smile say  ;D BIG UP TAYLOR.

you're a bloody moron.

I doh care how much i dislike ah team, even if it was ah man stink like Totti... I would never enjoy seein someone geh such ah bad tackle.

stewps.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2008, 10:53:48 AM »
wow that kinda thing does really make yuh cringe....all de best to eduardo i really hope he go be able to come back from this
Back in Trini...

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2008, 10:57:31 AM »

Onward Man U...

Yuh being an ass.

You telling me about being an ass.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ah know avery get the ball bredda, ah saying in comparison if Avery duplicated de same tackle with the same effect, would we react the same way... No we would have said "blade in he rook ung kuh toooung kung...."

Taylor is a good player and I'm sure that he did not intentionally, get up and say I'm gona break Eduardo's leg today, but that's the way it ended... Taylor reacted in a split second and break ah man leg, if you go on every forum that discussing that game 80% of the comments are negative about Taylor, but that is the way it went down... Taylor intentionally or unintentionally is ah defender and you have to expect sometimes, that defenders do things that seem despicable but is part of the game... Whether it is a lack of judgement or bad mind, defenders have some of the most difficult task on the field and this was one he took.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 11:45:24 AM by palos »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2008, 11:05:31 AM »

Onward Man U...

Yuh being an ass.

Ah know avery get the ball bredda, ah saying in comparison if Avery duplicated de same tackle with the same effect, would we react the same way... No we would have said "blade in he rook ung kuh toooung kung...."

Taylor is a good player and I'm sure that he did not intentionally, get up and say I'm gona break Eduardo's leg today, but that's the way it ended... Taylor reacted in a split second and break ah man leg, if you go on every forum that discussing that game 80% of the comments are negative about Taylor, but that is the way it went down... Taylor intentionally or unintentionally is ah defender and you have to expect sometimes, that defenders do things that seem despicable but is part of the game... Whether it is a lack of judgement or bad mind, defenders have some of the most difficult task on the field and this was one he took.

we never said anything about taylor, we were just reacting to your celebration of the tackle, and no ah wouldnt have celebrated ah tackle that mash up ah man so.

yuh bein nuthin less of a total ass.

like yuh never geh a real vicious tackle that put yuh on crunches for ah few weeks, dat is pain far less wuh eduardo just geh.

Is ah tragedy ah man wit so much talent gunna have to spend alot of painful months watchin, frustrated out of his mind, game after game pass him by while he's stuck in ah cast wit ah serious broken leg, not tuh mention the tail spin of the intial pain and then the media bomb, like yuh eh see de pictures awa??

stewps.

all the best eduardo.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 11:08:05 AM by Jefferz »
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2008, 11:17:42 AM »
nutten good about that tackle
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2008, 11:18:04 AM »
yuh acting more and more like ah ass.

Yuh big up de tackle, yuh say dat kinda injury comes with the terrority, yuh rejoicing.  I eh know if de man went to damage, I cyar read he mind, what I could read is yuh stupid comments about de injury.

steups

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2008, 11:38:52 AM »

Onward Man U...

Yuh being an ass.

No we wouldn't have said that, because when Lawrence get send off fuh de lil tug on Donovan he get level cuss on dis same board!! Dem kinda studs up tackle does end man career! It have a reason dey does give red card fuh dat!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2008, 11:45:46 AM »
yuh acting more and more like ah ass.

Yuh big up de tackle, yuh say dat kinda injury comes with the terrority, yuh rejoicing.  I eh know if de man went to damage, I cyar read he mind, what I could read is yuh stupid comments about de injury.

steups

Bredda I'm prior service and a rugby player... do you think that phases me??? Yes I rejoice...Yes I big up de man... is not de first time that happen and won't be de last... say all you can about me... that won't do me no harm... ;D Call me an ass, monkey, donkey or snake... taylor break he leg... you think I am de only one not feeling an insurmountable amount of compassion. Hence I could not keep a tincture of bitterness out of my voice.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2008, 11:47:36 AM »

Onward Man U...

Yuh being an ass.

No we wouldn't have said that, because when Lawrence get send off fuh de lil tug on Donovan he get level cuss on dis same board!! Dem kinda studs up tackle does end man career! It have a reason dey does give red card fuh dat!

Understood Mose...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2008, 12:07:49 PM »

uncalled for

Please... dey take away Gazza on the mental health act but "Psyco" coaching...

1) I don't like Arsenal...
2) I don't like Brazilians that much either...
3) Good jam is good jam... good to see some english teams believe in playing like brutes... If Adams or Winterburn did that would it have been acceptable...? (just a question)

Here is the tackle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG7AbLNF0kg

Like them or dislike them that was an incredibly nasty tackle and I find it hard to see how you could justify celebrating that play.

giggsy11

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2008, 12:14:46 PM »
horrific horific! Dat was no damn good tackle,the man tackle bone not ball.  Ah doh care what team ah support I doh think no decent person like to see any player geh injured or suffer dat kinda injury an injury dat could also be career ending. Ah wish the man a speedy and successful recovery!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2008, 12:23:38 PM »
Sorry, but my only apology is my lack of compassion towards de forumites, not the tackle...

1]; } ?>