March 29, 2024, 08:56:20 AM

Author Topic: Take dat Hillary Clinton ...  (Read 77174 times)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
Re: Take dat Hillary Clinton ...
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2008, 01:40:18 PM »
de more seeker talk de more he expose heself.

My goodness...yuh is ah dyed in the wool right winger.

look at ting.

I did always suspect as much eh...but weys.....!

Remember yuh boy Bush did lorse Iowa too eh...de race is not for the swiftest....

I really eh care who win eh, once ah stinking arse republican doh win de presidency again.

Licks in dey fcoking pweffen!

Obama or Clinton....me eh give ah damn.....once a facking republican asswioe eh get in de white house again

SAME republicans coming back to the white house - if not in 2008 it will be 2012 or 2016. all the dems doing is trying to stall the inevitable. watch, they go make michael powell the next secretary of state.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2008, 05:48:17 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2008, 07:30:11 PM »
West Coast yuh ain't easy  ....

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2008, 04:37:35 AM »
West Coast yuh ain't easy  ....
what?  :devil:

The Hottest Selling Political Bumper Sticker

Finally, a new bumper sticker for BOTH political parties.

This hottest selling political bumper sticker comes from New York State:

"RUN HILARY RUN'

Democrats put it on the rear bumper. ;)

Republicans put it on the front bumper. ;D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 04:51:49 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2008, 04:50:03 PM »
okay fellas i've made my move. £100 on John Edwards to win the Democrat nomination at odds of 33/1 - unbelievable value

latest odds can be found here

http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/politics-and-election

US Presidential Election - Democrat Candidate
Barack Obama (1/2), Hillary Clinton (7/4), John Edwards (33)

haven't had a bet yet on who will become President - going to wait and see for now - you will note that Obama is currently 6/4 favourite. That is the worst value bet in the history of the world - true odds are 100/1 in my opinion

US Presidential Election - To Be Elected President   
Barack Obama (6/4), Hillary Clinton (3), John McCain (13/2)

Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2008, 08:22:42 PM »
I feel dat all dem Gun toting blood drinking red neck republicans are in for some fun at Hillary expense for her show of her HUMAN side today
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2008, 08:48:52 PM »
Leh she cry ...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2008, 12:39:34 AM »

Obama and the ghosts of racism
Email|Print| Text size – + By James Carroll
January 7, 2008

"THEY SAID this day would never come," Barack Obama declared in Iowa last week, and the ghosts of this nation nodded. With an African-American competing seriously for the presidency of the United States, the last act of a centuries-old drama begins. Obama's blood tie to the story of American slavery, ironically, comes through his white mother's ancestry, which apparently includes both slave owners and those who fought for the Union to end slavery. That Obama's father was a Kenyan links him more directly than anyone could have imagined both to Africa's past as an exploited continent, and to its present, where the bloody legacy of colonialism plays itself out. (Obama's father was a member of the Luo tribe, like Raila Odinga, the leader of the Kenyan opposition, whose people are protesting the recent election.)

In the American memory, slavery and then the war to abolish it are taken to be the two poles of the story, but it isn't that simple. If racial injustice continued to be a hallmark of life in the United States, it was thought to be an inevitable, but essentially unchosen consequence of the "250 years of unrequited toil," in Abraham Lincoln's phrase, that were imposed on kidnapped Africans and their descendants. Nearly a million Americans died in the war to end slavery, and - still in the American memory - the nation has felt badly ever since that slavery's hangover includes discrimination against black people to this day.

The conventional wisdom, given powerful articulation a generation ago by Daniel Patrick Moynihan, is that the plight of African-Americans - from broad family dysfunction, to almost unshakeable poverty, to disproportionate incarceration rates of black males - is a tragic consequence of the social evil that America nobly renounced in the mid-19th century. Black people are socially disadvantaged, according to this narrative, because of the unhealed wound that was inflicted on them across the early centuries. Innately equal, yes, but they have been made a crippled people, which accounts for their still inferior position.

But, as historians like Yale's Harry S. Stout point out, there is a third pole to the story, and it destroys the moral symmetry of the conventional wisdom. First, Africans were enslaved. Next, a savage war was justified by the "freeing" of slaves. Then, in a distinct but insufficiently acknowledged act of the drama, black people were actively resubjugated in the decades after the Civil War. That resubjugation, embodied in a "reconstruction" bargain between North and South, according to which the other purpose of the Civil War, "union," was given priority over "freedom," led to the culture of Jim Crow, radical segregation, and the use of law to keep African-Americans in an assigned place. That actively nurtured system - not the crippling effects of a long-abolished injustice - defines the ongoing American crime.

African-Americans have not been passive victims of this heinous tradition. Blacks led the resistance to it, culminating in the triumphs of the civil rights movement, preparing the way for leaders like Obama. But his arrival, at a level below the surface of whatever policies he advances, calls into question the dominant way in which this nation thinks of itself - not only in terms of race, but in terms of war. After all, the American belief in the righteousness of mass killing for the sake of abstract values like "freedom" springs not from the Revolution, where the killing was relatively slight and the freedom limited to a merchant class, but from the Civil War, where a spirit of total killing was justified by a professed commitment to racial equality that simply did not exist.

In his heart-breaking second inaugural address, Lincoln argued that the "unrequited toil" and "every drop of blood drawn with the lash" would be redeemed by the war, but a month later he was murdered. The quite deliberately constructed aftermath of the war destroyed Lincoln's promise, although Americans told themselves otherwise. They glorified war, while preserving an injustice that war supposedly overcame. That was only yesterday.

Obama embodies more than he can know. "Change" is his mantra, but the potential for transformation goes far beyond the kinds of policies pursued in Washington. Those policies are rooted in assumptions sunk deep into the national psyche, and into the structure of memory that gives it shape. War is not necessarily redemptive. Africans are not necessarily disadvantaged. African-Americans are not mere victims. Race, for that matter, need not be definitive. An old story is offered a new ending - which is the beginning America has been awaiting. The day has come.

James Carroll's column appears regularly in the [Boston] Globe.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2008, 04:16:24 AM »
time to put "Jim Crow" out of his misery, oui

I ent too sure what he is trying to say here
"Obama embodies more than he can know. "Change" is his mantra, but the potential for transformation goes far beyond the kinds of policies pursued in Washington. Those policies are rooted in assumptions sunk deep into the national psyche, and into the structure of memory that gives it shape. War is not necessarily redemptive. Africans are not necessarily disadvantaged. African-Americans are not mere victims. Race, for that matter, need not be definitive. An old story is offered a new ending - which is the beginning America has been awaiting. The day has come."
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2008, 08:14:14 AM »

Obama and the ghosts of racism
Email|Print| Text size – + By James Carroll
January 7, 2008

Obama embodies more than he can know. "Change" is his mantra, but the potential for transformation goes far beyond the kinds of policies pursued in Washington. Those policies are rooted in assumptions sunk deep into the national psyche, and into the structure of memory that gives it shape. War is not necessarily redemptive. Africans are not necessarily disadvantaged. African-Americans are not mere victims. Race, for that matter, need not be definitive. An old story is offered a new ending - which is the beginning America has been awaiting. The day has come.

James Carroll's column appears regularly in the [Boston] Globe.

No day has come yet...similar paradoxes have cycled themselves throughout the course of the American experience. The fight is never ending, the other side always punches back...

Clearly articulated article though
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2008, 11:12:55 AM »
Agreed Zandolie. It's more likely a reference to the symbolism of 'the day' than substantive, conclusive refutation of the past.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2008, 01:43:07 PM »
Asylumseeker have you ever seen a mockumentary called Confererate States of America? If you have not, its about what the USA would look like now had the Confederacy won the war. It is light entertainment, humourous but very engaging, interesting  geopolitical musings about how a USA/CSA with expansionary policies but pro-bellum values would shape the continent and the wold around it.

The really striking parts are not the heavier stuff but the pop culture references from the time of Lincoln to the current. The confederate flag flying on the moon, what the show "Cops" would be like in a slave economy etc. Interesting too that Canada became a haven for runaway slaves and so developed a "soulful" culture.

A little review here

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/screen/sfw12291.html

Cheers

In the face of Obama-mania, this is a real back to earth vibe.....
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2008, 10:52:14 PM »
like Hillary didn't shed dem tears in vain.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2008, 04:22:46 AM »
Obama!!!
Yes we can!!
"..........a King who took us to the mountaintop and pointed the way to the promised land, Yes We Can, to Justice and Equality"
de man speechify good eh

an Hillary was happier dan a pig in shit ;)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 07:17:42 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2008, 06:56:08 AM »
doh mind asylum and he shit talk....Hillary eh dead yet,,,,nor is Obama for that matter.

There are those who want every chance for a republican to return to the white house.

I certainy dont want that.

take dat obama!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2008, 07:35:05 AM »
doh mind asylum and he shit talk....Hillary eh dead yet,,,,nor is Obama for that matter.

There are those who want every chance for a republican to return to the white house.

I certainy dont want that.

take dat obama!

Ah reach! I knew you would be at this bright and early so look meh here!  ;D

What shit talk? Don't confuse my read with the advertised read of the American media and polling. It would have been wonderful if she were politically dead this morning, but I didn't expect her to be dead this morning. The flex was always going to be Barack and Hillary in the first two places in New Hampshire. And holding that view, I didn't expect Edwards to leave the race, so why would I have expected Hillary's death/departure on a superior showing to Edwards?

I fail to see how my position of preference as between two Democratic candidates translates into "there are those who want a Republican to return to the White House". I guarantee, even "the Republicans" don't blindly want a Republican in the White House. Ask Huckabee.

Buh ah like how yuh modify yuh sentence dey ... "hillary eh dead yet

Even if she doesn't 'die', leh we hope she learns some lessons from this near death experience. The Dem Party could benefit from that. I'm being charitable, but I doubt that is going to be the case based on the way she's going to package herself going forward and based on what I've seen of her less than 30 minutes ago.

Looking further fwd, have a look at the head to head match-ups between McCain and Obama and Hillary and McCain. On present evidence ah cyah see how yuh go get yuh wish.

The New Hampshire Secretary of State's office won't publicize the final numbers until after 9pm tonight, buh you really think the junior senator from New York ought to be wiping the sweat from she face and the tears from she cheeks in the NH primary? Obviously, there's something Hillary was doing wrong ... and that's where my opposition lies.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 07:48:21 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2008, 07:42:52 AM »
P.S. Congratulations 'Hilly' ... to coin ah think it was Dutty's term of endearment. :rotfl:

truetrini

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2008, 07:49:57 AM »
ah see de bike yuh riding is not ah stationary...de way how yuh back peddaling.

Yuh wanted her dead, yuh say as much, but yuh hoping lessons learned?

nah.

yuh is ah Republican.   ;D

face it nah, tell de forum de trute.

when is my time tuh cast my vote, if Hillary dey I voting fuh she.

if she eh dey is Obama or edwards getting my vote.

truetrini

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2008, 07:53:19 AM »
oh and for de poll dat say is Obama by 10 points....take dat poll and shove it!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2008, 08:24:12 AM »
Ah eh have dat kinda balance. Fwd ever, backward never! Doh play yuh eh know. If she breathing she could learn. 

I'm a neutral observer. Ah jes saying a lil more than de Swiss would. Commenting on this as on other issues. I eh have no dog in dis fight. Buh if I was canine shopping it wouldn't be Hillary. Then again, that much is clear by now. Not sure how she would perform once I take her home.

Polls? Selectively useful. It's easy to rubbish polls after the fact, but embrace them warmly when say the UNC loses ... (did I say that?) :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 08:27:09 AM by asylumseeker »

truetrini

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2008, 08:28:27 AM »
I just said the polls saying COrPse wasn't getting ah damn seat were correct.

Nutten about UNC fella. lol

de polls validated my own convictions...long before the polls i said not ah damn seat fuh de COrPse.

I never embrace polls unless there are other factors indicating a trend....look how the polls said Bush lost an election, media houses even declred winners and losers only to have egg on their faces.

by the way,  how does egg on the face feel?

:D

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2008, 08:31:49 AM »
by the way,  how does egg on the face feel?

Whappen yuh gehhin yuh threads tie up?  :)

Look de link for dah one here:

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=1866.0
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 08:44:29 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2008, 08:42:18 AM »
Clearly no egg. Review this thread start to end and tell me where I said she would lose NH ... I did express satisfaction that she lost Iowa, but note the caution and preference expressed from top to bottom and yuh cyah say that I went out on a limb on NH.

These were my words:
This was necessary ... ah eh say it was sufficient ... leh we talk after New Hampshire nah ... Hillary composure ruffled right now ... listen to de rhetoric she start to use already ... dahs alright ... ah want her to unmask de real Hillary ...

Still waiting on the real Hillary to cry.  ;)

« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 08:45:36 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2008, 10:46:19 AM »
Jack Manday = truetrini ??  ???
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2008, 10:50:21 AM »
Jack Manday = truetrini ??  ???
dat like Holiday Foods
Of Course ;D :D
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2008, 12:35:43 PM »
So nothing decided yet.
Who gets the most delegates wins - that is the goal. There is no real momentum for any candidate right now even though the news wants to play it that way.

BTW in New Hampshire Obama picked up 12 as opposed to Clinton's 11 even though Clinton won the vote.

Current delegate count with 333 out of 4049 delegates determined:

Donkey candidates:

Clinton 183
Obama 78
Edwards 52
Richardson 19

on the Elephant side with 71 out of 2380 determined:

Romney 30 (he won Wyoming which no one talks about)
Huckabee 21
McCain 10
Thompson 6

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2008, 04:11:45 PM »

latest odds can be found here

http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/politics-and-election

wow,,dem english bookie does bet on ANYting oui

ah wonder what would be de odds on..............

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2008, 04:19:28 PM »

;D
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 05:01:39 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2008, 07:48:39 PM »
Barack Obama speaking at MLK's church - decent speech

1]; } ?>