March 28, 2024, 04:29:46 PM

Author Topic: Ma Pau adds 1974 Phillips to their staff.  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Ma Pau adds 1974 Phillips to their staff.
« on: March 07, 2008, 03:57:12 PM »
Ma Pau adds 1974 Phillips to their staff.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).
[/size]

New boys’ Ma Pau SC have added former Trinidad and Tobago defender Winston Phillips of the historic 1974 squad as their Youth Technical Director as the club continues their drive to become one of the TT Pro League’s high performers.

Phillips a member of the T&T national senior team during the 70’s played alongside legends Leroy Spann and Everald ‘Gally’ Cummings. He can be remembered in T&T loss to Haiti in the 1974 World Cup Qualifier.

Winston is the younger brother of Trinidad and Tobago Technical Director Lincoln Phillips. Winston a former Harvard FC coach has also worked at national youth level.

The 62 year old will step into a new faze of his career on a professional level in the TT Pro League and the task is as pro as it gets. Ma Pau is new to the league and 2008 will be a major hurdle for the club hailing out of north Trinidad.

Ma Pau team administrator Louis Charles confirmed the former Harvard coach Phillips on Friday.

Ma Pau close to finalizing their senior, reserve and youth teams have been receiving positive feedback according to Charles.

He told ‘ttproleague.com’, “What we are hearing from the ground is very generous. People who know Ron (la forest) and I are very anxious to see how we (Ma Pau) will do at this level. They are confident in us and this is giving us the motivation to work even harder to come out in our first season and be competitive.”

Ma Pau also announced Calvin Hughes as assistant coach of their senior team. Hughes is already on the job working alongside la forest as the heat for the 2008 season turns up.

Hughes is no stranger to Ron’s style having worked with him at Frontline Nationals, ECM Mowtown and also at Ron La Forest Soccer Academy.

“I feel that he is the best person to work alongside me,” said La Forest.

“We are behind in preparations for the Pro League season but it’s just a wonderful experience. We are all eager and we will be ready when that time comes. Calvin is here with me and we will get Ma Pau ready,” ended the former T&T international.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>