May 18, 2024, 11:08:56 AM

Author Topic: Playing for Trini-Dad.  (Read 2914 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Playing for Trini-Dad.
« on: March 19, 2008, 04:30:32 AM »
Playing for Trini-Dad.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

New Trinidad and Tobago forward Randi Patterson says he's fulfilling a dream by playing for this country and making his debut for the twin-island Republic is of special significance for him.

The former New York Red Bulls forward has had two sessions with the team so far and is set to make his debut against El Salvador on Wednesday at the Marvin Lee Stadium. Randi's dad Earl Pareira died in a car crash when he was just two years old. And now, in this interview he talks of his ambitions and also recalls his dream to play in his father's name.

“I know it’s not going to be easy as it could be my first game for the Trinidad Senior Team but like everything else, I am looking forward to the challenge and I must say I feel excited about being here and being part of the National Team of Trinidad and Tobago,” Patterson told TTFF Media.

“I’ve kept myself aware of the football here and I know there were pretty exciting and successful times during the 2006 World Cup period and I hope I can be part of something similar or even better this time around. For me personally I want to settle in and give a good showing. The game on Wednesday is a good opener for me and hopefully I can go out there and help the team achieve something good,” said the Charleston Battery player.

Patterson Interview, click here
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 06:27:16 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Playing for Trini-Dad.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 06:07:51 AM »
Flex dbl check that link.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 08:56:06 AM »
Best of luck young man
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 09:50:36 AM »

All the Best Randi !!!! Put your best foot foward, stay disciplined and play in the memory of your father. Sorry to hear about your Dad but I know you will honor him in your endeavours. Is nice to see this young man playing for the red white and black. I know you will have the support of the country. God's Blessings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 09:55:22 AM »
"“I know it’s not going to be easy as it could be my first game for the Trinidad Senior Team but like everything else, I am looking forward to the challenge and I must say I feel excited about being here and being part of the National Team of Trinidad and Tobago,” Patterson told TTFF Media."
yes man all the best
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 11:10:09 AM »
good stuff I like his attitude

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 05:59:57 PM »
Good Luck, Randi!!!

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 10:21:43 PM »
De whole nation behind you boss.  Thank you for answering de call of de Red, White & Black.

1]; } ?>