March 29, 2024, 08:45:48 AM

Author Topic: Statement from the TTFF.  (Read 5907 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Statement from the TTFF.
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 11:19:27 AM »
I would like to know know why we are not hearing from FPATT on this,people just speculating as to what's going on,Jack quiet everybody and is in total control of Football,TTFF money in his own despite what anyone thinks,he built that enterprise,don't matter how the TTFF explain what or how they did their business people on here just can't accept anything.

I always said our players are putting themselves on a collision course with the TTFF,since we have big players with big contracts getting big money they all want to tell the TTFF how they should do business,when they should or should not play,making all kinds of unrealistic demands,our players association in the TTFF mind was only formed for one reason,they could never work together because one is making demands on the player's behalf and the other insisting that they have to play by their rules.

I still can't get over why everything is Jack,player eh get selected,release from club,Coach fired,money missing,money collected,stadium clean/dirty,grounds in poor condition,fees too high for games,times when games are played the list can go on and on and on,now we talking about one man,i wonder if he have a life.

What's wrong with that statement ?

Everything thing is Jack because Jack is the only person who make statements on behalf of the TTFF. When was the last time Corneal made a statement about the hiring of a coach, the firing of a coach, the decisions on what frienlies the team should play and along those lines? Is JW who does everything so who should we blame or look to for answers?

Yes "that's the house that Jack built", but he sustains it with my money. Whenever the Govt give the TTFF money my taxes which I paid going in there. If you don't want to be accountable to anyone, don't ask the govt for monies and hire players full time to represent the Communist State of Jack Warner and not the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
        Corneal eh making no statement or doing nothing because it's the same thing going to be said about him,the two most hated men in T&T Football,who else can do or would do anything.

I wonder if you remember before the WC how people used to be cussing the government because Manning and them did not want to give Football money,everybody jump on the bandwagon when they realize we could go to Germany,check who was in Germany supporting our Football mostly civil servants,that's where your tax dollars went.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2008, 11:26:51 AM »
Dis is d same gov't who give and continue 2 give subvention 2 d Pro League. TSTT is 51% gov't own and dem was d SW main sponsor. So because d cheque eh say Gov of TNT eh mean d gov't eh support.

Impt 2 note dat d Pro League does submit they info 2 d SPORTT and it does b approve because it doh have creative accounting
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2008, 12:49:49 PM »
I still don't see the problem in the whole scenario....maybe I'm blind.
3. TTFF probably doesn't have the best of liquidity positions, which is normal for many non-profit federations probably resulting from a timing mismatch from funds flowing in, & flowing out....or a result of budgets, & covenants that dictate the use of certain liquid assets, so they ask the regional federation made payment on their behalf- wha wrong with that?
Kicker,
if the money was to come for all the WC money from 2006, why then to the need to ask the regional Fed to make the payment on their behalf? it should have been just sitting and waiting to be disbursed.
Why are they haing money problems if part of the reason for the players getting such a small payout, was because a percentage was withheld for the 2010 push, where is that money?
so Kicker could I ask where you think all that $173 Million gone?

That has nothing to do with this present issue...it's two completely different set of monies in case you haven't been following along.

well i must be having it wrong.
$173 million is the figure assumed to be the total collected by the TTFF for WC2006
from this the whole WC experience was paid for.
from this the players were to get a % to be divided up for their bonuses
1 equal share was to be set aside for donation to charity.

so by my thinking the charity money was to come from the WC2006 money, we all agree there is serious concerns about how the WC2006 money was spent and where it gone.

how then is this issue of the charity money being paid out of a Concacaf or CONCACAF account unrelated.

we should jus be happy that Jack pay some money and not question it? not me.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2008, 09:16:12 PM »
Well said Mr Mc
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2008, 10:14:34 PM »
what I curious to know is exactly how much this charity portion of the WC money amounts to..

Because if I'm not mistaken, they said the charity was the 24th cut of the entire total due to the players.. And if the total due to the players worked out to a mere $5000 a man, then the charity portion had to be that or less....

To be then refunded to each player means $5000/24 hitting their accounts, and I don't see how a minimal deposit like that could make any waves..

Now if the charity payment is significantly larger than that, is that not an admission as to what the actual amount due to the players should be??

Or am I confusing the net and gross WC profits in all this?

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2008, 11:21:24 PM »
what I curious to know is exactly how much this charity portion of the WC money amounts to..

Because if I'm not mistaken, they said the charity was the 24th cut of the entire total due to the players.. And if the total due to the players worked out to a mere $5000 a man, then the charity portion had to be that or less....

To be then refunded to each player means $5000/24 hitting their accounts, and I don't see how a minimal deposit like that could make any waves..

Now if the charity payment is significantly larger than that, is that not an admission as to what the actual amount due to the players should be??

Or am I confusing the net and gross WC profits in all this?

It's an interesting point.
The TT$5000 (~US$840) for each player was what the TTFF initially offered, but the players claimed not all profits were being taken into account/hidden/whatever.
They expected more.

Now they get 23 checks for US$1,685.45. That's 23x1685.45 = US$ 38,765.35. So that is 1/24 of the bonus money - the portion that will go to charity.

So is the TTFF now saying (by way of issuing checks in that amount) that the bonuses should have been US$ 38,765.35 per player rather than ~US$840 they initially said?

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2008, 12:05:43 AM »
aye Richard Groden  and Co. lemme see your pockets ill show you where the money went

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2008, 12:47:12 AM »
well i must be having it wrong.
$173 million is the figure assumed to be the total collected by the TTFF for WC2006
from this the whole WC experience was paid for.
from this the players were to get a % to be divided up for their bonuses
1 equal share was to be set aside for donation to charity.

so by my thinking the charity money was to come from the WC2006 money, we all agree there is serious concerns about how the WC2006 money was spent and where it gone.

how then is this issue of the charity money being paid out of a Concacaf or CONCACAF account unrelated.

we should jus be happy that Jack pay some money and not question it? not me.

It's an interesting point.
The TT$5000 (~US$840) for each player was what the TTFF initially offered, but the players claimed not all profits were being taken into account/hidden/whatever.
They expected more.

Now they get 23 checks for US$1,685.45. That's 23x1685.45 = US$ 38,765.35. So that is 1/24 of the bonus money - the portion that will go to charity.

So is the TTFF now saying (by way of issuing checks in that amount) that the bonuses should have been US$ 38,765.35 per player rather than ~US$840 they initially said?

Apologies in advance, in order to be thorough this will be a little long, but should clear up a lot of confusion.  There are two pots of money here that are being muddled together. 

1. There is the players share of the WC money...namely the money earned (per FIFA, not per the TTFF) for having played in the tournament, let's call that the FIFA bonus. 

E-man on this your math is correct.  The FIFA bonus amounts to $930,368.40 to be shared among the 23 players or $40,450.80 (US) per man.  Rather than accept this full allottment, the players apparently agreed that instead of 23 ways, they'd split it 24...with the 24th share going to charity.   Counting 'charity' as a 24th man, everyone got $38,765.35.

Having paid each of the 23 players their $38,765.35, that final share (of the same amount) was being held pending the directives of the players.  According to the TTFF no consensus could be reached on whom to pay the money to (which charity), so they held onto the money.  Now apparently the players (since the bad blood came about) have been asking for this money to be repaid to them, to no avail.  Whether this is accurate remains to be seen, but if it is I really wouldn't be surprised that it wasn't (or couldn't be) repaid, since it is evident that the TTFF spent the money rather than put it in escrow.  Otherwise they would have repaid it out of their own account rather than CONCACAF's.

Now to some this is evidence of yet another crime committed by the Jack/TTFF cabal.  I personally don't see it as that big of a deal.  Was it:

• Bad Accounting
  • Poor Business Administration
  • Unprofessional
  • Unethical
  • Unscrupulous

....find an adjective and fill in the blanks, likely that too will fit.  YES IT WAS...all of the above.  Personally I'm not saying any of this was right, but in the grand scheme of things this is the proverbial molehill we're dealing with here.  Understandably to the players it may not seem that way.

That said, let's not forget that the TTFF is very much a victim in all of this as well, their own complicity aside.  They are under the thumbscrews of Jack, and pretty much whatever he says goes...nothing new there, we all know this.  If Jack is indeed thiefing then he's thiefing the TTFF first and everybody else second.  So as I see it, at times the TTFF has to resort to less than stellar methods to stay solvent and keep their affairs running.  I am positive that meant taking that $38,000 US that was just sitting there and spending it on some something or the other, figuring that they'd cross that repayment bridge whenever they meet it.  Well now with arbitration in sight, they meet it.  Whether people want to see it as I do as a minor transgression, borrowing from one pool of money to put into another, or whether they want to see it as some major wrongdoing, that is up to you.

As I understand it this money owed to the players never was in dispute, because it could be traced directly back to the source....FIFA.  I won't personally do it, but I'm sure that if anyone goes back and look at that TTFF spreadsheet that was posted last year, there'll be an item (probably listed as World Cup bonus) in there for some amount close to $930,368.40 US.  The TTFF is smarter than to go before CAS looking guilty so they made sure to take front and pay back the undisputed amount they owe.  Now, this brings us to pot #2...

2. The "Jack" bonus....I'd call it the TTFF bonus, but we all know what that story is about.  In the midst of the heady euphoria and in attempt to prevent the Manning gov't from stealing some sunshine, Jack jumped in front the microphone (not literally) and announced that he'd pay the team a bonus.  Then of course he backpedaled, retracted and subsequently disavowed any knowledge of any such bonus.  His fall back argument being, even IF there was such a promise, the fiscal realities of the post-world cup campaign made paying that amount untenable.

It is this second "World Cup bonus" that is at the heart of the dispute...this is the contested money...maybe that's the $173 million people are referencing.  The two should not be confused.

Now seeing that I wasn't privy to any of the actual dealings it very well could turn out that I talking ah pack ah ass...but having closely followed the events from then 'til now and objectively noting what's been happening, this is the situation as best as I could make it out.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 12:59:25 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2008, 04:29:42 AM »
Thanks Bakes!!

yamight want to edit that last sentence eh :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2008, 03:04:26 PM »
Thanks for the clarification, Bakes. It is really hard to keep up with this.
Sometimes I'm as confused as a cow on FIFA grass.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2008, 03:55:44 PM »
D money is d money 4 qualifying y or y dey now gettin it. Even if they could not decide on d charity why d other 1/23 was not paid? Is a case of CYA b4 d arbitration start

1]; } ?>