April 26, 2024, 04:33:05 PM

Author Topic: Akeem Adams  (Read 3477 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Akeem Adams
« on: March 27, 2008, 10:56:51 AM »
 this player has a bright future and I’m happy he’s getting his baptism by fire now and like Palos, I’ve been dieing to hear we have a young defender  on the rise he’s 16 so you could image the future this kid could have, I have one piece of advise to him please do not go to a collage team in the US or a A League team even an MLS team these are not the league you need to develop stay at home for the next two years get all the caps you can get then move to a good European team playing in the PFL is your best chance at getting a good contract 
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: Akeem Adams
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 11:11:03 AM »
I disagree bally ... respectfully of course ...If he playing defense the best place for him to develop is abroad Trinidad is not known for producing (or developing) good defenders they normally improve when they go abroad for one thing they get tougher and a bit more physical no offense but no slender 16 yr old  gonna develop significantly to deal with aggressive attacking threats plus he doesn't seem to be the aggressive Avery john type who in my humble opinion would have reveled in this sort of pressure because blade is what was needed!

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 11:16:38 AM »
if he want to be a footballer dont go to a US college

A league not developing no body
MLS is to develop american players, he will not get the same breaks

As bally say his best bet is to het a hook up in Belgium or holland if he cannot make the grade in England.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 11:20:35 AM »
if he want to be a footballer dont go to a US college

A league not developing no body
MLS is to develop american players, he will not get the same breaks

As bally say his best bet is to het a hook up in Belgium or holland if he cannot make the grade in England.
your comprehension of what I was trying to was on point I not saying don’t go any fro two I just saying don’t go to the US this is not a place to develop a young talent he could go to a European team now and I would be happy for him if he stays home he have a better chance to go to a good club
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 11:46:21 AM »
I disagree bally ... respectfully of course ...If he playing defense the best place for him to develop is abroad Trinidad is not known for producing (or developing) good defenders they normally improve when they go abroad for one thing they get tougher and a bit more physical no offense but no slender 16 yr old  gonna develop significantly to deal with aggressive attacking threats plus he doesn't seem to be the aggressive Avery john type who in my humble opinion would have reveled in this sort of pressure because blade is what was needed!

This is true...but I don't see why we shouldn't give a youth (or more youths) a run in the national squad..that is higher that any level he would play at in Trinidad and if he's smart he would pick the brain of opposing players and try to learn from his experiences, it is the best time for hime to learn rather than 10 years later when he still trying to learn international football..Let's just hope he stays humble and not get swell heade about being capped at 16

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 12:00:43 PM »
I felt that he was not given enough support the yardies saw an opportunity and decided to exploit it the team should have adjusted to accommodate the problem either close down attacks on that side via the forwards and midfielders pressuring that side more forcing them to either switch the play or go backwards or have the stoppers drift to his side a little to cheat so to speak or in anticipation to cover the ball over the top of him and him running inside to take his stoppers place to help negate the threat.....Also peeps been saying Jan Michael had a good game ...the truth is he really didn't get tested the yardies either threw away or scored I felt he was at fault for the second goal he got beaten on his near post......again. I've seen this deficiency for a while now and he still hasn't sorted it out the last time when he played vs Austria he was beaten on his nearpost twice...I wonder if he was chosen because he is now "a foreign based keeper" or because he actually looked better than Marvin in practice?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 12:07:52 PM »
I felt that he was not given enough support the yardies saw an opportunity and decided to exploit it the team should have adjusted to accommodate the problem either close down attacks on that side via the forwards and midfielders pressuring that side more forcing them to either switch the play or go backwards or have the stoppers drift to his side a little to cheat so to speak or in anticipation to cover the ball over the top of him and him running inside to take his stoppers place to help negate the threat.....Also peeps been saying Jan Michael had a good game ...the truth is he really didn't get tested the yardies either threw away or scored I felt he was at fault for the second goal he got beaten on his near post......again. I've seen this deficiency for a while now and he still hasn't sorted it out the last time when he played vs Austria he was beaten on his nearpost twice...I wonder if he was chosen because he is now "a foreign based keeper" or because he actually looked better than Marvin in practice?
Well, according to Touches, Marvin wasn't good against El Salvador. So maybe it wasn't that hard to look better.

EDIT: Watching the 2nd goal again... he didn't get beat on the near post at all. In fact, he was so focused on covering the near post he leave the far post exposed and the shot went across the front of him.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 12:16:13 PM by Dry So »

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 12:22:38 PM »
eh know if i could jump on the train of tellin d man not to go to college totally if he get d offer....

d only way i see that makin sense is if he get a damn good offer to fly out with a good divison one or top league team in any country....
but i see where all ya comin from....

question though: where julius james was? he still injured?

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 12:32:46 PM »
Well, according to Touches, Marvin wasn't good against El Salvador. So maybe it wasn't that hard to look better.

EDIT: Watching the 2nd goal again... he didn't get beat on the near post at all. In fact, he was so focused on covering the near post he leave the far post exposed and the shot went across the front of him.

I checked it again you are right and the player he outmuscled was in fact Keon Daniel looks like akeem was out of the play from the time the ball went down that side

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 12:56:26 PM »
I'm pretty certain, he will go where it is in his/his family best interest. Millions above average ballers would like to go wherevr is the best in the world for football development and finance, but those places must want yuh too.
 I don't know the boy, but if he is an some kinda student for eg., and wants to be a doctor etc,etc,and is offered a scholarship to a recognized school, ppl sayin he should say no, and go to maybe Sunderland Juniors or reserves(jus an example), so his football could develop more than his life....I think these type of decisions should be left to him and his family, and/or professional counsel....Even if some on here might think differently, what would be yuh qual. to advise as such, or maybe they should just do wha everybody on here tell dem...or just wha maxg tell dem  ;)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 01:15:32 PM »
I agree max I think some people seem a little hype about the youth because he is 16 but from what I've seen he doesn't seem to be in anyway a prodigy simply seems to have a level head on young shoulders but this kind of exposure will bring opportunities for him and he should take the best ones for him be it scholarship or professional . Like I said he doesn't seem to be any outstanding talent he seems decent so hopefully he can develop more

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 01:19:41 PM »
I get a lil confused by some a de reports from those who watch de match.

It have Akeil Edwards and Akeem Adams.

Adams is de 16 year old right?

Was it he who did start las night or was it Edwards, and Adams came on later in de game?

Thanks
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 01:22:39 PM »
Adams is the 16 year old. He started and was replaced on left wing back by Edwards I believe.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 01:25:07 PM »
Not u alone confuse Palos d commentator thought it was Carlos Edwards. Like a Edwards is a Edwards in he book
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 01:26:37 PM »
Whitley off for Edwards
??? ???
Commentators were in ERROR. Whitley was still on,
Adams was OFF for Edwards.
Now Telesford was subbed on for Baptiste
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 09:04:10 AM »
So is Adams signed to any PFL teams or is he going to play college ball in the U.S?...and what about Gay,Knox and Glenroy Samuel who dem playing for this season?...They need to continue playing football consistently..(These are very important players for our Youth WC campaign)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 02:36:23 PM »
So is Adams signed to any PFL teams or is he going to play college ball in the U.S?...and what about Gay,Knox and Glenroy Samuel who dem playing for this season?...They need to continue playing football consistently..(These are very important players for our Youth WC campaign)

Sando it looks like they had the U-20 WC team reunite with some new invitees as well for John Barnes clinic. But as far as consistent high level training I don't think they are training regularly or we would have heard about it by now. After school is done some of them will be playing in U-17 PFL and some might be on the full teams or reserves.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

1]; } ?>