April 25, 2024, 06:13:44 AM

Author Topic: Nice Interview with Paul Ince  (Read 10612 times)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: Nice Interview with Paul Ince
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2008, 04:55:07 PM »
Is he any relation to Clayton??
As far as I know, dey are cousins.

come nuh man tallman no joking(clayton) suppose if ince reading this site now
Me eh joking. I read dat somewhere, but ah cya remember where. Either both of Paul Ince's parents from T&T, or de father from T&T and de mother from Barbados. Some kinda ting like dat.

As far as I know That is correct, he is related to Clayton Ince. Also It is through his(Paul's) mother he is related to Nigel Benn, The Boxer.
Paul Ince is from Ilford and he still has alot of family from those sides. He was raised mostly by his aunt, unfortunately his hasn't seen his dad in the last 20+ years or so.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2008, 05:14:25 PM »
Fair enough

Discrimation always goes on in UK, race, gender, class, location.  I just don't think its an issue in this case though.  In UK its seems to have become a bit overstated, the PC brigade gone a bit mad.  Interestly I think it will become a bigger problem a couple of years down track as immigration has gone a little mad in the UK over the past couple of years with the expansion of the EU and the mumerings have already started.

With all due respect "the mumerings" as you term it are nothing new...there was similar rumbling following the end of WWII when Britain saw mass migration from the colonies...similar talk of immigrants coming to take British jobs and change the culture and what not.  Of course there was little alternative but to accept these full-fledged British citizens into the country...now there's greater flexibility in screening out the "huddled masses" as the inscription on our Statue of Liberty calls them.

With Ince, while I respect your opinion that this isn't the case here...I have to ask, to what benefit would it be for Ince to superficially and indiscriminately raise the spectre of racism?  Certainly if he comes to be seen as a rabble-rouser prone to crying wolf (as you apparently already see him) then if anything that would hinder his managerial chances, don't you think?  I think Ince is a bit more sophisticated than that than to sabotage his budding career by "playing the race card".

In the end I suspect we may have to agree to disagree.

Bake n Shark

I don't actually think we are disagreeing really, we both know it goes on and always will.  I don't think I was being overly sensitive to what he was infering, there is a radio show 606 sports show and it was even discussed on the programmeas the interview was on BBC sports programme.  He certainly wasn't saber rattling / shouting from the rooftops as I said is was an inference that the reason he hasn't got a higher profile job or there is any other black managers.

Its an issue the country is very sensitive to, so I couldn't understand why he inferred it.  The only reason I could see myself was that he wanted a bigger job, quicker.   

The reason why I responded again is not that I was disagreeing with you, it was more a converstaional thread than trying to justify an off the cuff comment, no more no less, I have obviously not prtrayed that in the text.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 05:19:57 PM by kev »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2008, 06:33:13 PM »

Bake n Shark

I don't actually think we are disagreeing really, we both know it goes on and always will.  I don't think I was being overly sensitive to what he was infering, there is a radio show 606 sports show and it was even discussed on the programmeas the interview was on BBC sports programme.  He certainly wasn't saber rattling / shouting from the rooftops as I said is was an inference that the reason he hasn't got a higher profile job or there is any other black managers.

Its an issue the country is very sensitive to, so I couldn't understand why he inferred it.  The only reason I could see myself was that he wanted a bigger job, quicker.   

The reason why I responded again is not that I was disagreeing with you, it was more a converstaional thread than trying to justify an off the cuff comment, no more no less, I have obviously not prtrayed that in the text.

Okay...I get you, no scenes....or "no worries" as you might say...or maybe that's Aussie, lol

:beermug:

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2008, 02:28:21 AM »

Bake n Shark

Okay...I get you, no scenes....or "no worries" as you might say...or maybe that's Aussie, lol

:beermug:

its nee problem FYI :)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2009, 03:56:06 PM »
its nee problem FYI :)

Lol... 'nee problem' then  :beermug:

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2009, 05:04:12 PM »
Is he any relation to Clayton??

Clayton himself told me they are cousins,dis is a long time ago even before he had a english contract.I took it at face value and did'nt inquire further.
If you look at dem dey kinda have some similar features

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2009, 03:35:55 AM »
Has anybody else read this and thought this guy might make an interesting choice as a possible future head coach of T&T?

I was thinking likewise for the future.

Or better yet, if we had the money. Put him with an U17 or U20 squad and let him work with them whilst he waits for the more Sr. post. He could help gel and mold a team for the future.

I would certainly keep my eye on him for the future.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2009, 05:03:36 AM »
He did an interview last weekend his first since leaving Blackburn and he came across really well.  Gone was any sense that he was being picked on, or throwing punches at the media, he even managed to keep still for the camera.  He either prepared very well for it or has genuinely learned a few things from his experience, personally think it was the latter.  Obviously the pressure was off but he seemed very philophosical about his time at Blackburn and not taking the opportunity to blame anybody or make any outlandish excuses other than a couple of genuine one's about losing a couple of important players via sales and injury.

1]; } ?>