March 28, 2024, 04:02:02 PM

Author Topic: Nice Interview with Paul Ince  (Read 10479 times)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Nice Interview with Paul Ince
« on: April 08, 2008, 06:42:14 AM »
Found this nice interview with Paul Ince in The Guardian. Keane gets a good mention in the bolded parts.

'Loneliness is in victory or defeat, it never goes away'

He has won his first trophy and promotion beckons but there is plenty the MK Dons manager wants to change

To hear audio extracts from this interview, click here
Donald McRae
Tuesday April 8, 2008

Guardian

Against a barren backdrop in Milton Keynes, with the MK Dons' training ground set hard against the roaring traffic of the A421, time seems to lose all meaning for Paul Ince. In a footballing world far from his past at Old Trafford or San Siro, a small managerial miracle continues to unfold as Ince reaches deep into his previously hidden reserves of patience and generosity. On a cold afternoon, as a concentrated training session moves 90 minutes beyond its scheduled close, Ince finally sends the bulk of his League Two squad to the showers while he remains on a muddy field with four journeymen footballers.
As two wide players shiver on the sidelines, Ince instructs a pair of central midfielders, Keith Andrews and Alan Navarro, in the art of hitting a raking crossfield pass, first from a rolling start and then when the ball has bounced just in front of them. Andrews and Nararro, who never quite made the grade with their former lower-league clubs, do not look much like Steven Gerrard or even the 40-year-old Ince as their initial attempts flounder amid inconsistency and uncertainty. But as Ince stoops low to help position their bodies correctly, so their accuracy slowly improves. His encouraging voice, meanwhile, never wavers.

An hour later, as he drags himself from the pitch, he stresses: "It's easy as a manager to slaughter players without explaining where they're going wrong. Anyone can say 'You're crap' but the player wants to know 'Why am I crap? What am I doing wrong? What can I change?' I don't think most managers give players that sort of time. I like to do a lot of that so, even if I left the club, hopefully people will say they've improved because I spent time to make them better footballers."

As a player Ince loved to call himself the Guv'nor. He was also castigated by his former manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, as "a big-time Charlie", but there is no arrogance or selfishness in his current work. His serious but magnanimous attitude helps explain why he may yet become the best of all the managers who once played under Ferguson. Gordon Strachan, Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce and Roy Keane might all operate at a far higher level but Ince's achievement in 18 months of management borders on the remarkable.

In October 2006 he took charge of Macclesfield, cast far adrift at the bottom of the Football League, and saved them from relegation. He then moved last summer to the widely reviled MK Dons, a club born out of the torn-up remnants of Wimbledon. If they win their two home games in hand this week the Dons will have secured promotion a full month before the season ends. Milton Keynes have also just won the first silverware in their history, after victory in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy final at Wembley 10 days ago. Ince is now on course to become the first black English manager of a Premier League club.

When comparing Wembley with the emotions he experienced last May, Ince says: "It probably meant more at Macclesfield because, if they had gone down, half of them would've ended up playing amateur football and gone back to nine-to-five jobs. It was such a hard task when I took over - 12 points behind from staying up - so I was really pleased. It put me on the map as a manager, but I had to go to Macclesfield to get a job and make a statement that I can be a manager and not just a decent player."

Ince and Keith Alexander, now his successor at Macclesfield, are the only two black managers among 92 Football League clubs and it is hard to avoid the racist implications of that statistical anomaly. "Hopefully the race issue is not a part of it," Ince shrugs bleakly. "I don't know. You look at the Super Bowl the year before and you saw two black coaches. I just think if you're good at your job ..."

The lack of black managers in English football harks back to miserable days on the field in the 1970s. Then, black players were supposed to "disappear" at the first sign of a cold snap or a hard tackle; now their management successors apparently lack the gravitas to control a professional club. "I think it's strange that people like Ian Wright and Les Ferdinand went straight into TV. Maybe they're not cut out to be managers or maybe they knew that the opportunities for them are always minimised. It's just a terrible shame that someone with the passion of Wrighty has been lost."

As the first black player to captain England, Ince now sees himself as a managerial pioneer. "I like to think that I'm the yardstick for people like Andy Cole, Ledley King and Rio Ferdinand to realise that when they do finish playing they can go into coaching or management. I definitely can open the door for black managers. I really believe it and that's why it's important to be as successful as I can."

One of the intriguing by-products of Ince's success is the way he has reversed his image as a player. Rather than the snarling and strutting cliche of the Guv'nor, a more introspective man has emerged. "The loneliness will never go away," he says of management. "That loneliness can be in victory or in defeat. Even when we won at Wembley, I didn't really get that buzz. It was great to see the players win something but it was only when I got home and sat on my own that I could reflect on what they'd achieved. So even in victory you're still lonely. The players are out on the town, dancing and drinking, but for me it's just about getting away to take stock and think.

"I always felt that, because I was a passionate player, people had this misconception, 'Incey's nasty and narky'. But I never got sent off once in my football career in England. I wasn't dirty. I could tackle but I was fair and tried to play football. Yet every time they showed me on TV I was urging someone to get their finger out and people would say, 'Aw, look at Ince, moaning again.' They don't see me away from football and that's something that sticks with me and Roy Keane."

His bond with Keane separates them from Ferguson's other managerial proteges. "Keaney has been fantastic. He was the only one last year, when I was at Macclesfield, who was on the phone all the time, talking and texting, because we were in a similar situation - Sunderland were fifth from bottom [in the Championship] and we were rock bottom. We always had that as players, socially and on the pitch. But as a manager he's urging me on whenever I have a good result and I'm doing the same to him. I respect him as a player but I especially respect him as a man because he was the only one who picked up the phone week in, week out.

"I didn't see Mark Hughes do it, people like that who I played with at Man United. I wouldn't say [Hughes] was a close friend but we were team-mates and we had some good times. But it didn't help him pick up the phone to give me encouragement. It means so much to me whenever I get a text from Roy and he says, 'Great result, come on!' People just remember him snarling, but he's an intellectual guy who has always been very methodical and supportive."

Keane is more aware than most of the financial constraints that have tested Ince at Macclesfield and Milton Keynes - even if his new club do have a 30,000-seat stadium. "People have this preconception because of the stadium. I heard Peter Beagrie saying on Sky the other day, 'Oh, Incey's a lucky man. He's come to a club where the chairman's got a pitful of money.' No, he hasn't. I've spent just a hundred grand this season - 50 grand on Jemal Johnson and 50 grand on Danny Swailes. The rest of them have been free transfers. That winds me up more than anything, to hear Peter Beagrie say I'm a lucky man. The people who get jobs in the Premier League and the Championship are the lucky ones, not me."

Ince will almost certainly transform his luck, and overcome any residual racism, to join Keane in the Premier League soon, but until then he is aware of the grittier benefits of starting at the very bottom. "It makes you appreciate players with passion. The higher you go the more egos you get - and you'll always find one or two bad eggs in Championship and Premiership squads. I can deal with them, but the players here, and at Macclesfield, are not on the greatest amount of money yet football is their life. It means so much to them. So I'm glad I've started here. I've been with a lot of clubs and I've never seen the spirit there has been in the two teams I've managed."
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Re: Nice Interview with Paul Ince
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 06:56:21 AM »
Good read. Glad to know Roy Keane supports his old team mate.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 07:14:19 AM »
Ince is now on course to become the first black English manager of a Premier League club.

Arghmm....I not too sure about this....Clarification please...Jean Tigana was in Charge of Fulham and Rudd Gullit was in charge at Chelsea.

Now was this in the era before they called it the Premier League?

Come like you calling a spade a shovel...ent is the same top flight league they were operating in.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 07:27:31 AM »
Ince is now on course to become the first black English manager of a Premier League club.

Arghmm....I not too sure about this....Clarification please...Jean Tigana was in Charge of Fulham and Rudd Gullit was in charge at Chelsea.

He would be the first black englishman, those two men from 'overseas', and yes, they were managers during the time when it was called the Premier league!

ah lov eit!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 07:33:53 AM »
I thought it as a decent article well done Ince.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 09:55:20 AM »
From the outside he does tend to try and play the race card, I dont know why, Chris Kamara was also a manager ( not a very good one) now works for Sky.

Ince doesn't come across well on the telly, he did an interview not so long ago and came across all me me me, he also has a very strange habit of not looking where he is talking so it looks like he isn't telling the truth.  I can't really make my mind up on the guy, but he has done a decent job. 

There is a huge interview with RK with the irish times that gives a good insight into how he works, but it would take 2 or 3 posts to put it up and I am unsure if anybody is really that interested so I haven't bothered.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 05:55:35 PM »
From the outside he does tend to try and play the race card, I dont know why...

Until and unless you've ever walked in the shoes of a black man I don't think you can ever hope to be qualified, sufficient to judge when the race card is being 'played', from when racism is legitimately being complained about.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 06:31:03 PM »
Is he any relation to Clayton??

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 07:39:46 PM »
Not unless Ince have family from JA.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 07:48:37 PM »

i though  Paul Ince  were from barbados
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 08:35:08 PM »
keep going Guvnor
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 02:39:17 AM »

Until and unless you've ever walked in the shoes of a black man I don't think you can ever hope to be qualified, sufficient to judge when the race card is being 'played', from when racism is legitimately being complained about.

Don't quite understand this but thats me being thick I suppose.

Possibly you haven't seen it but there was a TV interview a month ( possibly more) back when no "black" managers in the prem (in  football generally) was discussed and although didn't come out and say it directly, the strong inference was because of race.  As I said he didn't come across wel. I forgot John Barnes aswell was a manager for a while.  There are not that many managers and as a percentage the non white are small, but I haven't got a clue how many have attended the various courses or have wanted to be a manager.  I doubt severly it is a race thing and on a personal level thought it was poor to bring it up, hence my "race card" comment.  I am sorry if you find that offensive, it wasn't meant to be.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 05:33:25 AM »

i though  Paul Ince  were from barbados

I thought so too but I heard that he was eligible for Jamaica.

But I heard that from a Jamaican and them does claim everybody

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 06:38:10 AM »

Possibly you haven't seen it but there was a TV interview a month ( possibly more) back when no "black" managers in the prem (in  football generally) was discussed and although didn't come out and say it directly, the strong inference was because of race.  As I said he didn't come across wel. I forgot John Barnes aswell was a manager for a while.  There are not that many managers and as a percentage the non white are small, but I haven't got a clue how many have attended the various courses or have wanted to be a manager.  I doubt severly it is a race thing and on a personal level thought it was poor to bring it up, hence my "race card" comment.  I am sorry if you find that offensive, it wasn't meant to be.
Kev I think what Bakes is saying is that you can't dismiss his opinions as "playing the race card"

If you look at Ince's career as a player and a coach and compare it to his playing peers like Robson and Platt, his beef is understandable.

In general black players recently got equal playing opportunities and now that the 2nd and 3rd generation of players start retiring is the time to evaluate the effect of race. So far the evidence is not good.

The players who named are few and many others do not try because they doubt (with good reason) that they will get chances. There has to be a reason that such a high % of white players go into mgmt compared to black players when, as players, whites and blacks are indistinguishable. The racism is not institutionalized but more nepotistic, where owners hire the guys they no best. The owners are white and invariably white players get more opportunities.

Football is not like other jobs where you see a faceless resume, in all cases owners know the personality more than the managing history. Also the evaluation of a manager is very subjective. The NFL recognized this "racism" and now force owners to interview minority candidates that they probably wouldn't think to meet with otherwise. Something like that would go a long way as more and more players like Ince retire.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 06:41:19 AM »
Kev I think what Bakes is saying is that you can't dismiss his opinions as "playing the race card"
If you look at Ince's career as a player and a coach and compare it to his playing peers like Robson and Platt, his beef is understandable.
In general black players recently got equal playing opportunities and now that the 2nd and 3rd generation of players start retiring is the time to evaluate the effect of race. So far the evidence is not good.
The players who named are few and many others do not try because they doubt (with good reason) that they will get chances. There has to be a reason that such a high % of white players go into mgmt compared to black players when, as players, whites and blacks are indistinguishable. The racism is not institutionalized but more nepotistic, where owners hire the guys they no best. The owners are white and invariably white players get more opportunities.
Football is not like other jobs where you see a faceless resume, in all cases owners know the personality more than the managing history. Also the evaluation of a manager is very subjective. The NFL recognized this "racism" and now force owners to interview minority candidates that they probably wouldn't think to meet with otherwise. Something like that would go a long way as more and more players like Ince retire.
very well put JDB.
when the FA does the same as the NFL, then we cooking with gas
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 07:33:20 AM »
JDB

Possibly its just my naivety, I don't know.  I don't percieve any player, black, white or purple differently.  I put the remark in because I thought it unnecessary that he inferred that was the reason he might not be managing at a higher level and if you extend that using it as an excuse to improve his chances of a quicker "promotion".

I have no doubt that what you have said plays a part, but if you look at the young managers that have got biggish jobs in the past, Robson went to Boro a club very much like Sunderland who wanted to get players and have a "star name" it worked for them.  RK himself got the job at sunderland which is a "big" club that has massively undrachieved because he is Irish and backers are Irish and like Boro needed a name, no big name manager would touch us with a bargepole.

But if you look at the prem, the bigger jobs have a tendancy to go to foriegn managers, the others are experienced managers that do the rounds.  The 2 exceptions are RK and GS at Boro, but he was a player for Boro for many years.  There are a lot of "good" white managers that will probably never get a chance to manage in the prem, because of the money, pressure, dislikes etc.

I do believe there are quite a few reasons why people don't get jobs, reputations and perceptions being a large part in football.  I would suggest the reasons above and his perception maybe the reason he isn't rather than race thats all I was trying to say.  To a large extend is either being in the right place at the right time or "who you know" that gets the job.

As I said at the start, probably my naivety and no doubt with some owners it maybe an issue, but I think it probably comes rather low on the list against the above and thought it was poor for him to infer that was the reason as I personally don't think in those terms.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 07:42:44 AM »
As far as I know, dey are cousins.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 08:16:21 AM »
nice article. thx jdb.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 08:36:30 AM »

It's not that I find your comments offensive, and I'm sure you meant no offense.  My point is that just because you don't personally think in terms of race it is hopelessly naive to think that the rest of the world thinks similarly.  To dismiss his words out of hand as him "playing the race card" is rather presumptious and unfortunately something that those of us living here in the US are well familiar with.  It is entirely too easy for the entrenched majority to dismiss any talk legitimate or otherwise as "playing the race card". 

Your perspective is one borne of your own experience as a white male growing up in England.  As such that has afforded you certain privileges, whether you perceive them to be so or not.  Having not lived in England I won't presume to speak for blacks in England, but I think it's safe to say that it's rather similar to that of blacks elsewhere in the Western Hemisphere.  The very fact that there are laws on the books in your country against racism and discrimination speaks to the fact that the legislators felt it necessary to enact them to counter a problem that was already existent in society, no?  So I think you'd have to concede the point that racism and discrimination exists in England...again, even if you yourself don't think along those terms.

The very fact that you are here on this website, interacting with a number of of faceless caribbean nationals speaks volumes for you.  It says that you are willing to look beyond race, ethnic origin, national origin, class, creed and colour...discounting our differences, and rallying instead around that which does bind us..our love for football, and in particular, if not Sunderland football, then at least the players that we support in common.  So trust that this is no attempt to paint you as a racist.  That said, my hope is that you become a bit more sensitized about the minority perspective such that you don't flippantly dismiss potentially legitimate statements about discrimination as merely playing the race card in hopes of some perceived advantage.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 01:56:25 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2008, 09:35:43 AM »
Fair enough

Discrimation always goes on in UK, race, gender, class, location.  I just don't think its an issue in this case though.  In UK its seems to have become a bit overstated, the PC brigade gone a bit mad.  Interestly I think it will become a bigger problem a couple of years down track as immigration has gone a little mad in the UK over the past couple of years with the expansion of the EU and the mumerings have already started.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2008, 10:07:44 AM »
Fair enough

Discrimation always goes on in UK, race, gender, class, location.  I just don't think its an issue in this case though.  In UK its seems to have become a bit overstated, the PC brigade gone a bit mad.  Interestly I think it will become a bigger problem a couple of years down track as immigration has gone a little mad in the UK over the past couple of years with the expansion of the EU and the mumerings have already started.

Bake n Shark and you Kev have some valid points in my humble opinion. For me, the race card is over played at times and other times it is totally legitimate. People, more often than not,whites, can't say anything and it being interpreted as being racist at times. However, no one can deny that there's the existence of institutionalised racism in most Western countries. That being said, I just think that club presidents, just go with what they're familiar with, soon enough (I hope), an English born Black person will be given a break in the Prem and once successful open the door for others. Remember not too long ago black players weren't that common.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2008, 01:38:56 PM »
Has anybody else read this and thought this guy might make an interesting choice as a possible future head coach of T&T?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2008, 02:03:08 PM »
Fair enough

With all due respect "the mumerings" as you term it are nothing new...there was similar rumbling following the end of WWII when Britain saw mass migration from the colonies...similar talk of immigrants coming to take British jobs and change the culture and what not.  Of course there was little alternative but to accept these full-fledged British citizens into the country...now there's greater flexibility in screening out the "huddled masses" as the inscription on our Statue of Liberty calls them.

With Ince, while I respect your opinion that this isn't the case here...I have to ask, to what benefit would it be for Ince to superficially and indiscriminately raise the spectre of racism?  Certainly if he comes to be seen as a rabble-rouser prone to crying wolf (as you apparently already see him) then if anything that would hinder his managerial chances, don't you think?  I think Ince is a bit more sophisticated than that than to sabotage his budding career by "playing the race card".

In the end I suspect we may have to agree to disagree.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2008, 02:07:19 PM »
Has anybody else read this and thought this guy might make an interesting choice as a possible future head coach of T&T?

No. I kinda liking the one we have now. Doh even wha consider that "Starting all over again is gonna be wrong " song..

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2008, 02:12:04 PM »

come nuh man tallman no joking(clayton) suppose if ince reading this site now
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2008, 02:17:10 PM »
Fair enough

Bake n Shark and you Kev have some valid points in my humble opinion. For me, the race card is over played at times and other times it is totally legitimate. People, more often than not,whites, can't say anything and it being interpreted as being racist at times. However, no one can deny that there's the existence of institutionalised racism in most Western countries. That being said, I just think that club presidents, just go with what they're familiar with, soon enough (I hope), an English born Black person will be given a break in the Prem and once successful open the door for others. Remember not too long ago black players weren't that common.

See this is precisely the thing Jay...just as NFL teams were loathe to put black QB's in charge of their teams, so too were English teams loathe to give black players an opportunity, and certainly national managers were even less willing to do the same.  As I see it there is a difference between racism and discrimination, even if said discrimination is based on race.  There are degrees to the nuances.  These club execs may not be racist in the purest sense of the word, but few are willing to go with an unproven commodity...and even less so if it's a black candidate in question.  As has been mentioned, many NFL clubs were hesitant to hire blacks for any role other than that of a coaching assistant, and while some went out on a limb and experienced success, it wasn't until the implementation of the so-called "Rooney" rule mandating at least one black candidate in the pool of interviewees....that the NFL saw a drastic increase in candidates, because now at least they were on the radar.  The league has gone from hiring it's first black head coach in nearly 50 yrs (Art Shell of the Raiders) in 1992, to having two black head coaches (referenced by Ince) opposing each other at the Superbowl last year, a span of just 16 yrs.

It took some time but finally the tide changed with black quarterbacks, and now it's changing with not just black coaches, but black GMs as well...Jerry Reese of the NY Giants being the first black GM to win the SuperBowl.  Ozzie Newsome of the Raiders in 2000 won the SB...but technicall he was "President of Player Personnel" and not the GM even though the roles are indistinguishable.  I see the same potential progress in England.  As black players proved themselves they got more spots in the national pool...and it will similarly take time for black coaches to prove themselves.  The problem isn't them having to prove themselves, the problem at times is them having to prove themselves MORESO than their white counterparts.  That may have been what Ince was referring to I suspect.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2008, 02:30:27 PM »
Nice read. Very nice read. Makes me look at Roy Keane, the man, in an appreciative light. Not that I had any preconceived notions about hhim based on his on-field personna, but nice to see how supportive he has been in this instance.
         As B&S pointed out in his opening response "you cannot judge a man until you've walked many moons in his moccasins" and alot of times you find that white people aren't even aware of the priveliges that are afforded to them (and denied to "us) simply because the difference in skin color has brought us completely different experiences in and views of life. I would think i'm overstating the obvious already but I would imagine it to be very difficult for a white person to share the sensitivities of a black person as to know what slights them as racist or not..... How is it that Ince's attitude on the pitch could have been construed as menacing while Roy Keane's was lauded as good, no, great leadership? This is the type of thing you see done in the media all the time without a flinch.    
   Not an easy subject to get into. After all that has been said, I have to wonder now when I'll see Chris Hughton managing a team in the EPL? Now here's a man that has more than put in his fair share of hard labour as a player for club and country and as an assistant coach with Spurs. He's been at Spurs for all of what, his 4th decade now?      

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2008, 02:47:53 PM »

No. I kinda liking the one we have now. Doh even wha consider that "Starting all over again is gonna be wrong " song..
Doh get mih wrong, ah liking Matz too. I talking about further down de road after Matz (because I sure he eh go be around forever, far less after 2010).

Based on what ah read, ah like he mindset and ah figure he is somebody keep track of and, who knows, maybe somewhere down de road he might be looking for an opportunity like qualifying a small country to the World Cup.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2008, 03:23:01 PM »

come nuh man tallman no joking(clayton) suppose if ince reading this site now
Me eh joking. I read dat somewhere, but ah cya remember where. Either both of Paul Ince's parents from T&T, or de father from T&T and de mother from Barbados. Some kinda ting like dat.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2008, 03:39:10 PM »
Are Paul and Clayton related to Erol Ince the great musician of the 60's and 70's?

1]; } ?>