April 28, 2024, 08:48:42 PM

Author Topic: Jemmott determined to return.  (Read 5079 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jemmott determined to return.
« on: April 24, 2008, 02:10:53 PM »
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague)

Discarded Trinidad and Tobago midfield talent Kerwin Jemmott has been working on his fitness and a possible contract with former club Caledonia AIA for the past month, but a job offer is still far from the 29 year old Port of Spain resident.

On Wednesday during a training session with Caledonia, Jemmott suffered a dislocated shoulder putting him off his ‘back to full flight’ schedule for a week. The dislocated shoulder is a recurring injury which hampered the midfielder last season.

Time off the pitch for Jemmott means a setback for the former St Ann’s Rangers player who is considered a bit overweight and unfit by some. But Jemmott believes he is at a turn in his life and wants to return to professional football.

“I don’t want to stay away from training too long. I want to come back and give back to local football. I understand what it takes for me to be accepted and I am going to continue working on my goals,” said Jemmott.

Last season Jemmott was axed by Rangers in September for breach of contract as his love for minor league football got the better of him, another recurring negative that has invaded his professional career. He represented other clubs such as Caledonia, Joe Public, W Connection and Jabloteh.

Last November Jemmott travelled to Sweden on trial which was cut short after suffering a thigh injury which has kept him off the field until March when he joined Caledonia for training. Is time running out for the former midfield magic ? Jemmott is very optimistic.

He added, “I believe there are still opportunities for me. My focus now is getting into the Caledonia squad and then I hope that the national selectors give me another chance after seeing what I can offer. I want to get back on the national team and be part of World Cup 2010 preparations.”

Jemmott also said that his foreign agent is keeping in contact and when he is back to full fitness, foreign trials will be arranged.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 07:16:58 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Jemmott determined to return
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 02:53:52 PM »
good luck hardest.  it will be tough though, having not really played ball in almost a year (or was it shorter?).

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 03:00:37 PM »
sigh...

go brave dread. Dat is all I could say.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 08:16:07 PM »
Loud steupsssssssssssssssss. Ah tired ah d same ting ovah and ovah
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 09:05:28 PM »
Like this man have more returns than Terminator!
All American

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 09:21:37 PM »
Loud steupsssssssssssssssss. Ah tired ah d same ting ovah and ovah
And he still only 29?  Lawd!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 09:46:15 PM »
Another decades of comebacks
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 10:01:16 PM »
"several times rise and several times fall ,yah never know yah self until yah back against the the wall .'General Grant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4eW9Cwjy2Y

do yah thing Hardest ,keep dusting yah self off :salute:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 10:06:45 PM by Quagmire »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 10:28:43 PM »
It easy to beat up on dis fella and hard for me to resist...but I will.  At some point he needs to recognize the direct causal links between his lack of fitness and his injuries.  Lose some weight, work on your stamina and endurance even if that means staying off the pitch and just putting in some road work...or even better, organize ah li'l sumting and do some laps in a pool, or even run in place in the pool.  Works wonders for your fitness, all at zero to little impact.

If this shoulder thing is a recurring issue get ah blasted harness...it cost like $50 US, maybe even less fuh de drugstore variety.  Get yuh agent....or TI tuh send it down tuh yuh. C'mon man, lime bud tea eh go cure everything.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 10:46:31 PM »
Jemmott boy do yuh ting yes.....I believe dat yuh is ah born again footballer...I giving yuh de benefit ah de doubt, unlike some people on dis forum...I would hate if I was ah man dat sincerely trying to change, and people keep saying dey doh believe I goh really change.  Only you alone goh know if yuh really trying, so I for one cant judge yah.

I doubt dat after all de trouble soccer picnic get yuh into, yuh goh go back and do de same chupidness again....Hardest, ah putting meh head on ah block for yuh....please doh make it get cut off.....Prove de critics wrong and come back and play de people fitball, and train when yuh suppose to

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 10:49:11 PM »
i doh think trini players realise the benefits of getting fit is not just about playing its about developing your body physically and building ure endurance not about playing small goal and only running when yuh feel like it then running out on a big field for a competitive game ... the man is naturally a skinny guy and now he overweight its because he not running and training ...if he eh make up h mind to get fit he will end up just like croc a has been.... kinda sad

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 11:52:33 PM »
good points by all....hardest boy....god bless you my son.....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 06:24:29 AM »
I find TI doh comment on these Hardest posts anymore. Like he give up on him to or what?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 06:41:55 AM »
I find TI doh comment on these Hardest posts anymore. Like he give up on him to or what?

Nah....in another Hardest thread recently TI say he busy and eh have time for we that much these days but he eh give up on he boy.....as for me....I still waiting to be shocked and awed.... ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 06:53:32 AM »
Jemmott determined to return     

Més que un club.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 06:54:11 AM »
To old..........

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: Jemmott determined to return.
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 08:28:30 AM »
this Jemmot shit more redundant than a dial tone, it like fackin photsynthesis.

ah done callin him "hardest" from now on is "herpes"
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 08:31:17 AM by Jefferz »
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 09:18:12 AM »
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague)

Discarded Trinidad and Tobago midfield talent Kerwin Jemmott has been working on his fitness and a possible contract with former club Caledonia AIA for the past month, but a job offer is still far from the 29 year old Port of Spain resident.

On Wednesday during a training session with Caledonia, Jemmott suffered a dislocated shoulder putting him off his ‘back to full flight’ schedule for a week. The dislocated shoulder is a recurring injury which hampered the midfielder last season.

Time off the pitch for Jemmott means a setback for the former St Ann’s Rangers player who is considered a bit overweight and unfit by some. But Jemmott believes he is at a turn in his life and wants to return to professional football.

“I don’t want to stay away from training too long. I want to come back and give back to local football. I understand what it takes for me to be accepted and I am going to continue working on my goals,” said Jemmott.

Last season Jemmott was axed by Rangers in September for breach of contract as his love for minor league football got the better of him, another recurring negative that has invaded his professional career. He represented other clubs such as Caledonia, Joe Public, W Connection and Jabloteh.

Last November Jemmott travelled to Sweden on trial which was cut short after suffering a thigh injury which has kept him off the field until March when he joined Caledonia for training. Is time running out for the former midfield magic ? Jemmott is very optimistic.

He added, “I believe there are still opportunities for me. My focus now is getting into the Caledonia squad and then I hope that the national selectors give me another chance after seeing what I can offer. I want to get back on the national team and be part of World Cup 2010 preparations.”

Jemmott also said that his foreign agent is keeping in contact and when he is back to full fitness, foreign trials will be arranged.

me eh no doctor, but ent a dislocating shoulder will ALWAYS keep dislocating until yuh have surgery?

to me everybody that i know that had this problem had to have surgery(the nut and bolt or screw thing) to fix it. i would hate for hardest to come back, make de team, we qualify for SA 2010 and de week before WC he dislocate it AGAIN!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 11:43:03 AM »
me eh no doctor, but ent a dislocating shoulder will ALWAYS keep dislocating until yuh have surgery?

to me everybody that i know that had this problem had to have surgery(the nut and bolt or screw thing) to fix it. i would hate for hardest to come back, make de team, we qualify for SA 2010 and de week before WC he dislocate it AGAIN!

yeah from what I know it juss like any other joint that get 'sprain' or dislocate...one the ligaments holding the joint together get stretched from it coming out of place they stay stretched (because they not elastic) and so the whole thing remains loose and prone to repeated dislocations, until surgery tightens it back up.

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 12:05:39 PM »
Credit to caledonia ... they seems to be the club that is always willing to help players get back on their feet when no one else will.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2008, 12:30:13 PM »

yeah from what I know it juss like any other joint that get 'sprain' or dislocate...one the ligaments holding the joint together get stretched from it coming out of place they stay stretched (because they not elastic) and so the whole thing remains loose and prone to repeated dislocations, until surgery tightens it back up.

You are correct about the need for surgery, especially in a full contact game like football.  He should have had that many years ago if he wanted to be productive, ut maybe he reading Marvin (Dog) Andrews script.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2008, 12:53:48 PM »
Dis man like a cat!......how much lives he use up already?
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2008, 04:36:47 PM »
I wish dis man woulda use his skills and brain before now it just plain and simple too late but good luck man!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2008, 05:13:51 PM »
Good luck. We need mids, but he have to take on Keon Daniel for his spot.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2008, 07:17:30 PM »
Caledonia d Michael Bolton of d Pro League

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2008, 12:34:06 PM »
‘Hardest’ comeback hit by injury again
Newsday

Monday, April 28 2008

FORMER TRINIDAD and Tobago midfielder Kerwyn “Hardest” Jemmott has been working on his fitness and a possible contract with former club Caledonia AIA for the past month.

But a contract offer for the 29-year-old Port-of-Spain resident is still a remote possibility.

On Wednesday, during a training session with Caledonia, Jemmott suffered a dislocated shoulder putting him off his “back to full flight” schedule for a week.

The dislocated shoulder is a recurring injury which hampered the midfielder last season.

Time off the pitch for Jemmott means a setback for the former St Ann’s Rangers player who is considered a bit overweight and unfit by some.

But Jemmott believes he is at a turn in his life and wants to return to professional football.

“I don’t want to stay away from training too long. I want to come back and give back to local football. I understand what it takes for me to be accepted and I am going to continue working on my goals,” said Jemmott, in an article on the Pro League’s website.

Last season, Jemmott was axed by Rangers for breach of contract as his love for minor league football got the better of him, another recurring negative that has invaded his professional career. He represented other clubs such as Joe Public, W Connection and San Juan Jabloteh.

Last November, Jemmott travelled to Sweden on trial but his stint was cut short after suffering a thigh injury which has kept him off the field until March when he joined Caledonia for training.

Jemmott is still optimistic that he will be returning to the local set-up.

“I believe there are still opportunities for me,” he said. “My focus now is getting into the Caledonia squad and then I hope that the national selectors give me another chance after seeing what I can offer.

“I want to get back on the national team and be part of World Cup 2010 preparations,” he added.

Jemmott said that his foreign agent is keeping in contact and when he is back to full fitness, overseas trials will be arranged.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2008, 12:42:02 PM »
Yesterday during the commentary on CT Vibe 105 Selwyn Melville describe him as wasted talent and he (Selwyn) acknowledged that Hardest is trying to work on his fitness etc. so that he could try to get on the National team, but he (Selwyn) thinks it just may be a tad too late for Hardest...

Well nothing we haven't discussed on here already right?? just thought I'd mention it anyway..
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2008, 01:24:32 PM »
Sooo...nobdy else in football besides the people on this board know that he need to have surgery on the shoulder? We really in a mess when PROFESSIONAL teams doh have a physio on staff to tell that to a player.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2008, 02:05:40 PM »
A mess is 2 mild d state we in

1]; } ?>