April 28, 2024, 07:04:40 PM

Author Topic: Warriors aim to stretch unbeaten run.  (Read 2952 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warriors aim to stretch unbeaten run.
« on: May 10, 2008, 07:53:09 PM »
Warriors aim to stretch unbeaten run.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior footballers will aim to stretch it’s seven-match unbeaten run when they meet Barbados in yet another friendly international at the Marvin Lee Stadium from 6pm today (Sunday).

The Francisco Maturana led unit, only back together on Friday after it’s 2-0 win over Grenada two weeks ago, will want to stamp early authority against the visitors who are preparing for a World Cup qualifier against United States next month. The last two times T&T and Barbados met, T&T laboured to a 3-2 win in the 2005 Digicel Cup with goals from Angus Eve, Cornell Glen and Conrad Smith. Only defenders Keyeno Thomas and Anton Pierre from the current squad was part of the line up back then in Barbados.

Then in  the 2007 Digicel Cup, the game ended 1-1 and no players from the current squad lined up on the pitch that day. But Maturana will be hoping to see a more purposeful display today with selection for the much anticipated June 1 clash with England up for grabs. And one player who is in line for a pick then is Akeem Adams who turned 17 last month. Adams has played two internationals under Maturana and is looking to become a fixture in the line up.
“It’s been very challenging since I got into the senior team but it’s a also a lot of joy as well for me coming in here with the other senior guys and getting all this experience. I am using every session or every game as a stepping stone,” Adams told TTFF Media on Saturday.

“I think the training has helped me a lot. It is a lot harder but this is international football and I have to keep up. I want to try and keep my place even though I know it will be difficult. But the coach has taught me a lot and he is doing the same for the other younger players in the team. He has been like a father to me and the rest of the guys and I hope I can help him by improving my game and playing well out there,” added the W Connection player.

Maturana will also get to see Southern Connecticut State University defender Ancil Farrier who has impressed during training camps in the US and has represented T&T at the youth level.

“We will look again at the players we have right now and I want to see how well they put on the show. A football game is a show and you have get all your parts right. We have seen the players in some matches and this game will give them another chance to get their parts right,” Maturana said.

Skipper Aurtis Whitley is out because of a niggling foot injury and his place has been taken by Defence Force’s Devon Jorsling while United Petrotrin’s Romauld Aguillera comes in for Clico San Juan Jabloteh’s Lester Peltier who is unable to make it back from Puerto Rico in time for Saturday’s evening training session. Aguillera has been in the team in the past, also being part of the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup squad.

Meantime Barbados are likely to feature two English-based footballers which joined their preparations last week. Madalitso Mkoloma, a six-foot tall defensive midfielder, and Kieran Crichlow, a speedy striker, who both play in the English semi-professional leagues have been in training under head coach Eyre Sealy. Mkoloma reportedly has trials with Chelsea and Queen’s Park Rangers while Crichlow is a former Chelsea youth player.

"Trinidad is an important practice game for us and we expect it to be very competitive . . . . We are trying several new players and looking at performances and gelling the squad," Sealy told reporters. “We always try to win in these games because playing against Trinidad is always a big game. We want to ensure that it serves us well in our preparations for the qualifiers against the USA.”

Before the 6pm kick off, the Eastern Football Association will also launch its new season with an encounter between WASA FC and Malabar FC from 3pm. There will also be giveaways for Mothers at the events with gift vouchers from Sacha Cosmetics as well as a food zone and other entertainment at the Macoya venue.

T&T Squad
1.Marvin Phillips – W Connection
2.Glenroy Samuel – Under 20s
3.Ancil Farrier – Southern Connecticut State University
4.Kareem Smith –  United Petrotrin
5.Anton Pierre – Defence Force
6.Keyeno Thomas – Joe Public
7.Makan Hislop –  United Petrotrin
8.Akeem Adams – W Connection
9.Khaleem Hyland –  Unattached
10.Stephan David – Caledonia AIA
11.Devon Jorsling – Defence Force
12.Atuallah Guerra – San Juan Jabloteh
13.Kern Cupid – W Connection
14.Keon Daniel – United Petrotrin
15.Kevon Carter –  Defence Force
16.Romauld Aguillera – United Petrotrin
17.Jamaal Gay – Under 20s
18.Jerrol Forbes – United Petrotrin
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 11:56:52 AM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors aim to stretch unbeaten runs
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 08:01:03 PM »
tuff luck there for peltier
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 08:04:15 PM »
Who is d captin?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 09:13:55 PM »
Who is d captin?

I Bet Hyland is the captain.... He is Maturana real boy...(after all he getting pick even though he only training)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors aim to stretch unbeaten run
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 09:31:58 PM »
Good choice after all he earn he pick so he could get d arm band
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 09:40:50 PM »
hope to hear that spranga (Farier) does well...been waiting for him to get the call up...
and of course that we put a beating on bdos
Back in Trini...

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 10:03:24 PM »
Who is d captin?
i think most likely Keyeno Thomas cuz he old

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 10:13:45 PM »
Marvin Phillips or Hislop for the arm band

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 10:21:47 PM »
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 06:25:13 AM »
young team by tnt standards
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 08:44:45 AM »
wah time is d game and is it being showed on TV ?

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 08:56:23 AM »
Why can we put money together n able to watch de game on de internet. Socawarriors lets get a subscription going.

1]; } ?>