April 29, 2024, 04:02:19 AM

Author Topic: Butch Lauffer named assitant coach to T&T U-17 Women.  (Read 13997 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Butch Lauffer named assitant coach to T&T U-17 Women.
« on: May 13, 2008, 04:46:33 PM »
Buffs' Lauffer headed to Trinidad and Tobago.
cstv.com

WT coach to assist with U-17 Women's team in CONCACAF

CANYON, Texas - West Texas A&M men's and women's soccer coach Butch Lauffer will lend his coaching talent to Trinidad and Tobago as he has been named as an assistant coach for the country's Under-17 Women's National Team.

Lauffer is joining the coaching staff of Randy Waldrum, of Notre Dame, as Trinidad and Tobago prepares to host the 2008 CONCACAF Women's U-17 Championship. CONCACAF stands for the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football.

Action for the tournament begins July 17 and runs through July 26, and games will be played at Bacolet's Dwight Yorke Stadium and Marvin Lee Stadium in Macoya. The field of competitors includes Canada, Mexico, USA, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Jamaica and Puerto Rico.

This is the first year of the CONCACAF U-17 Women's tournament, with the winner along with two other teams advancing to the FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup, which takes place October 30-November 16 in New Zealand.

Lauffer and WT have a connection to Trinidad and Tobago in recent years as two players on the Lady Buffs' roster hail from the island nation, both of whom play for the Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Team. Forwards Janelle Nedd, a sophomore, and Nadia James, a freshman, have played key roles for the Lady Buffs and will look to do the same for Trinidad and Tobago's national team in New Zealand if they advance.

WT's Butch Lauffer Named assitant head coach to T&T U-17
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 05:51:35 AM by Flex »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Butch Lauffer Named Assitant Coach to T&T U-17 Women
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 05:07:54 PM »
Interesting move.

I know absolutely nothing about this guy, but the US is THE world power in women's soccer, their university teams WILL beat our National womens team every time, so nothing wrong with getting expertise from them to help us raise our standard.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 05:39:24 PM »
Simply a spy for the US national men's team. Gotta be joking.

T&T massive, when will we learn the culture of espionage, information gathering and countering the naivete of our extremely open society that has no dyam firewall for even a sniffle virus.

The US will know EVERYTHING about our plans for counterstrategies against their men's football team, and all other teams too, while we THINK that it is still a smart li'l secret. Tsk tsk. :'(
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 06:08:51 PM »

T&T massive, when will we learn the culture of espionage, information gathering and countering the naivete of our extremely open society that has no dyam firewall for even a sniffle virus.

The US will know EVERYTHING about our plans for counterstrategies against their men's football team, and all other teams too, while we THINK that it is still a smart li'l secret. Tsk tsk. :'(

Yuh sounding like ah illiterate.  Yuh joking with your statement, right?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 06:26:49 PM »
Tenorsaw,
                As farfetched as that may sound, it is quite possible. Any little clue of TT strategy will give them the edge. But I think as long as our team is mentally period and physical fit, the can't beat we.

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 06:49:41 PM »
Sometimes I does wonder if I f**king dreaming or maybe I am a f**king weed smoker who does partake all day so I in ah cloud, ah flicking depths or ah heights that I lorse touch with flecking reality.

I cyar see how de f**k men we facking invite to help we young women team can be a spy for de US men's team.

Besides why de f**k dey go want ah spy?  we never beat dem in WC qualifying before, in fact anyone can tell me when last we beat dem at any level of football, men women and chirren?

Steups.

Anyway leh meh go and enter meh weed room

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 06:53:02 PM »
Sometimes I does wonder if I f**king dreaming or maybe I am a f**king weed smoker who does partake all day so I in ah cloud, ah flicking depths or ah heights that I lorse touch with flecking reality.

I cyar see how de f**k men we facking invite to help we young women team can be a spy for de US men's team.

Besides why de f**k dey go want ah spy?  we never beat dem in WC qualifying before, in fact anyone can tell me when last we beat dem at any level of football, men women and chirren?

Steups.

Anyway leh meh go and enter meh weed room

:devil: :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 06:57:59 PM »
no disrespect to TT team but i tink if they wanted to spy so much he would be looking to coach a Brazil side or a china side...not TT who now tryin to make a name
conspiracy theory!

so is Beenhakker leaking secrets of the polish game to holland too?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 07:01:02 PM »
... in fact anyone can tell me when last we beat dem at any level of football, men women and chirren?
November 19, 1994 on a Leonson Lewis goal.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 07:05:27 PM »
I would say no Azzuri as T&T is not on Holland's radar as a conceptualized threat, as small as some prefer to perceive us, on Holland's path to the important destination of Cup qualification.  Take it or leave it, especially with the li'l success our players are getting abroad, our first 11 is perceived to be slightly closing the gap on the U.S. ... and they will do what it takes. Iz quite possible... that de US would try to get deeper into the planning room with Anton, Lincoln, Francisco (not the stadium where Tom Dick and Harry is). Fellahs, plenty at stake. Iz war. Watch.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 07:44:06 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 07:16:38 PM »

Yuh sounding like ah illiterate.  Yuh joking with your statement, right?
          :applause: :applause: What or who is a spy,anybody sitting in the stands watching a game could be a spy,it have no secrets in this game,people could watch how much they want and take how much notes they want,on any given day you going to get licks,any foreign Coach could be considered a spy and check the amount of countries hire them,i remember people was calling Nakhid a spy,what secrets T&T Football have that another country wants to know.

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 07:31:30 PM »
This is a major disappointment.  What does this guy bring to the table that Trini natives living overseas, and coaching in the college system cannot provide?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 07:35:35 PM »
This is a major disappointment.  What does this guy bring to the table that Trini natives living overseas, and coaching in the college system cannot provide?

not aint working so far, so lets try something new.
Youtube Channel

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 07:39:33 PM »
This is a major disappointment. What does this guy bring to the table that Trini natives living overseas, and coaching in the college system cannot provide?

Which one of them did we tried before, to conclude "not aint working so far, so lets try something new."?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 07:42:17 PM by Diambars »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 07:40:50 PM »
This is a major disappointment. What does this guy bring to the table that Trini natives living overseas, and coaching in the college system cannot provide?

Which one of them did we try before, to conclude "not aint working so far, so lets try something new."?

:devil: forget i said anything
Youtube Channel

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 07:42:29 PM »

CHAMPIONSHIPS?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 07:43:29 PM »

Which one of them did we try before, to conclude "not aint working so far, so lets try something new."?

There is nothing to forget, nothing was said.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 07:48:30 PM »
could somebody post a list a foreign T&T coaches that have a good record and experience overseas in womens football?
Youtube Channel

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 08:05:48 PM »
could somebody post a list a foreign T&T coaches that have a good record and experience overseas in womens football?

This is just one, hope he is experience enough for you.  He is not white though???  http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=30413.0

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 08:08:43 PM »

Here is another one, the only problem may be that he is not white either http://www.ysu.edu/sports/soccer/bios/james.htm

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2008, 08:19:51 PM »
I would say no Azzuri as T&T is not on Holland's radar as a conceptualized threat, as small as some prefer to perceive us, on Holland's path to the important destination of Cup qualification.  Take it or leave it, especially with the li'l success our players are getting abroad, our first 11 is perceived to be slightly closing the gap on the U.S. ... and they will do what it takes. Iz quite possible... that de US would try to get deeper into the planning room with Anton, Lincoln, Francisco (not the stadium where Tom Dick and Harry is). Fellahs, plenty at stake. Iz war. Watch.

You clearly musta had some bad weed to

a) Think that the US want's to spy on our men's team by sending a coach to coach the women's U-17 team
b) To think that we are somehow closing some gap against the US.

...how about we string together two victories against them first before we start talking about closing any gap.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 08:26:13 PM »

This is just one, hope he is experience enough for you.  He is not white though???  http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=30413.0

dude this is not about me yuh know, i just ask a simple question, i aint know so i ask, it was not meant to be a sarcastic question, i have nothing against white or black i doh know how race come in to this, because what u saying is that because they of another race other than white they not getting pick, if so i want to see evidence.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 08:31:20 PM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
Youtube Channel

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 08:36:15 PM »
wha bout Gally?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 10:09:03 PM »

wha ah doh get is how some men could follow the beat and some doh get it all

Is 'puff,puff, pass...puff,puff, pass'..dah 3 rd puff will doh yuh in everytime..so Pass nah...jez zan man  :mackdaddy:

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 05:48:08 AM »

There is nothing to forget, nothing was said.

This is just one, hope he is experience enough for you. He is not white though??? http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=30413.0

dude this is not about me yuh know, i just ask a simple question, i aint know so i ask, it was not meant to be a sarcastic question, i have nothing against white or black i doh know how race come in to this, because what u saying is that because they of another race other than white they not getting pick, if so i want to see evidence.

I agree with you that this is not about you, and no one is trying to make it about you.  But the fact is you cannot make the your initial statement then claim ignorance.  Who made the decision to bring these guys in and what was the process for selecting them? While most always argue that the TTFF should know and consider every available player of T&T heritage overseas, should they not also know of the every available coach with similiar background? 

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Butch Lauffer named assitant coach to T&T U-17 Women.
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2008, 05:59:27 AM »
Good move, anybody better than Shabaaz... hope he is not assistant to Shabaaz because the TTFF will be wasting they money. The US have some of the best women coaches.

Good move by the TTFF, them assholes on this board real dotish..... anybody better than what we currently have....

Dont know to much about Butch Lauffer but I wish him all the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Butch Lauffer

The widely recognized soccer mentor, Butch Lauffer, begins his 17th season as head men's coach and his 12th as head women's coach at West Texas A&M University. Lauffer has coached the men to 14 consecutive winning seasons and the women to six years of 11-plus victories.

In 1991, Lauffer organized a Division II soccer program in less than three months and in their first season he guided the Buffs to a 10-8-2 record; he has a 188-90-22 (.663) record over 16 seasons. The Buffaloes reached the NCAA Division II men's soccer playoffs for the first time in 1997, losing to Cal State-Bakersfield in shootouts. The men made a return trip in 2000, and both the men's and women's teams qualified in 2001. The Buffs were ranked in each of their first 11 seasons.

Over his WT career, Lauffer has guided the Buffs and Lady Buffs to 334-143-32 (.688) record in 16 seasons, and the women have recorded 10 or more wins in all but one season.

Lauffer was named NCAA Midwest Region Coach of the Year in 2001 and received the LSC Men's Coach of the Year award in 1999 and 2000. Additionally, he was chosen as the Women's LSC Coach of the Year in 1996 and 2001.

Lauffer started the women's program in 1996, leading them to a 12-4-0 finish and Lone Star Conference regular season title. Over 11 seasons, the Lady Buffs have accumulated an overall record of 146-53-10 (.722).

Over the course of Lady Buff history, the women have won either the Lone Star Conference regular season or Tournament title six times in 11 years, winning both in 2001. That same year, the Lady Buffs made their first-ever NCAA-II National Tournament appearance. WTAMU made a second consecutive NCAA-II National Tournament appearance in 2002 after winning their second-straight LSC regular season crown.

Three seasons ago, the Lady Buffs won their third consecutive LSC Championship and made the NCAA-II Midwest Regional Finals.

Lauffer has several foreign and domestic coaching licenses, including an English Football Association's preparatory coaching license (1982), the United States Soccer Federation "A" license (1987) and the Irish Football Association Grade 1 coaching license (1989). Most recently, he earned a United European Football Association "A" license from the Wales Football Association in 1998 and a UEFA pro license through the Scottish Football Association in 2001.

During the 1994 World Cup, he became a member of the USSF National coaching staff. He assisted FIFA with the technical reports for all World Cup contests at the Dallas venue and taught coaching courses on developing coaching skills for the "A," "B," and "C" levels.

Lauffer, born in Washington, D.C., moved to Dallas at age seven and has played or coached soccer ever since. In his playing days, Lauffer competed for the Texas Longhorn Soccer Club; he logged over 100 international matches with them and was a member of the first American team to win a European Tournament - the Munich Cup - in 1978.

Lauffer earned both his bachelor's degree in kinesiology and his master's degree in liberal arts from Texas Christian University while working as a graduate assistant for both the men's and women's soccer programs.

Lauffer has written three soccer books about coaching and player development. His first book, "Coaching Soccer", was published by Sterling Publishing Company in 1989. It was praised by Soccer Digest as a "gold mine of tips and advice from one of America's greatest soccer experts." The book was re-released in the fall of 2006.

His second book, "Soccer Coaches Guide to Skills, Drills and Technique Training", was released in the fall of 1991.

His latest book, "Techniques, Tactics and Teamwork for Women's Soccer," was released by Sterling Publishing in the spring of 2001. He co-wrote it with April Kater, Syracuse University's head women's coach.

In conjunction with Championship Productions, Lauffer has created two three-disc DVD sets describing how to implement various game tactics and coaching techniques. The first set, released in 2005, includes "The Complete Guide to the 3-5-2," "Tactical Flexibility With the 4-2-3-1 System," and "Attacking in the Final Third." The second set, released in 2006, includes "Butch Lauffer's Counter Attack System," "Butch Lauffer's Zone Play," and "Butch Lauffer's 12 Best Training Games."

Lauffer is also director of soccer for the Amarillo Drifters Soccer Association. Butch lives in Amarillo with his wife, Kimberly, and their two children, Kendall (9) and Kyle (6). He also has an 18 year-old son, Blake, who lives in Hurst/Bedford.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 06:04:42 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 06:34:50 AM »
Good move, anybody better than Shabaaz... hope he is not assistant to Shabaaz because the TTFF will be wasting they money. The US have some of the best women coaches.

Good move by the TTFF, them assholes on this board real dotish..... anybody better than what we currently have....

Dont know to much about Butch Lauffer but I wish him all the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Butch Lauffer

Kyle (6). He also has an 18 year-old son, Blake, who lives in Hurst/Bedford.

Are you suggesting we do not know who the Head Coach is?  Did they announce the Asst. Coach and not the head coach?  If this is the case one should find that pretty interesting.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 08:50:07 AM »

Butch Lauffer

The widely recognized soccer mentor, Butch Lauffer, begins his 17th season as head men's coach and his 12th as head women's coach at West Texas A&M University. Lauffer has coached the men to 14 consecutive winning seasons and the women to six years of 11-plus victories.

In 1991, Lauffer organized a Division II soccer program in less than three months and in their first season he guided the Buffs to a 10-8-2 record; he has a 188-90-22 (.663) record over 16 seasons. The Buffaloes reached the NCAA Division II men's soccer playoffs for the first time in 1997, losing to Cal State-Bakersfield in shootouts. The men made a return trip in 2000, and both the men's and women's teams qualified in 2001. The Buffs were ranked in each of their first 11 seasons.

Over his WT career, Lauffer has guided the Buffs and Lady Buffs to 334-143-32 (.688) record in 16 seasons, and the women have recorded 10 or more wins in all but one season.

Lauffer was named NCAA Midwest Region Coach of the Year in 2001 and received the LSC Men's Coach of the Year award in 1999 and 2000. Additionally, he was chosen as the Women's LSC Coach of the Year in 1996 and 2001.

Lauffer started the women's program in 1996, leading them to a 12-4-0 finish and Lone Star Conference regular season title. Over 11 seasons, the Lady Buffs have accumulated an overall record of 146-53-10 (.722).

Over the course of Lady Buff history, the women have won either the Lone Star Conference regular season or Tournament title six times in 11 years, winning both in 2001. That same year, the Lady Buffs made their first-ever NCAA-II National Tournament appearance. WTAMU made a second consecutive NCAA-II National Tournament appearance in 2002 after winning their second-straight LSC regular season crown.

Three seasons ago, the Lady Buffs won their third consecutive LSC Championship and made the NCAA-II Midwest Regional Finals.

Lauffer has several foreign and domestic coaching licenses, including an English Football Association's preparatory coaching license (1982), the United States Soccer Federation "A" license (1987) and the Irish Football Association Grade 1 coaching license (1989). Most recently, he earned a United European Football Association "A" license from the Wales Football Association in 1998 and a UEFA pro license through the Scottish Football Association in 2001.

During the 1994 World Cup, he became a member of the USSF National coaching staff. He assisted FIFA with the technical reports for all World Cup contests at the Dallas venue and taught coaching courses on developing coaching skills for the "A," "B," and "C" levels.

Lauffer, born in Washington, D.C., moved to Dallas at age seven and has played or coached soccer ever since. In his playing days, Lauffer competed for the Texas Longhorn Soccer Club; he logged over 100 international matches with them and was a member of the first American team to win a European Tournament - the Munich Cup - in 1978.

Lauffer earned both his bachelor's degree in kinesiology and his master's degree in liberal arts from Texas Christian University while working as a graduate assistant for both the men's and women's soccer programs.

Lauffer has written three soccer books about coaching and player development. His first book, "Coaching Soccer", was published by Sterling Publishing Company in 1989. It was praised by Soccer Digest as a "gold mine of tips and advice from one of America's greatest soccer experts." The book was re-released in the fall of 2006.

His second book, "Soccer Coaches Guide to Skills, Drills and Technique Training", was released in the fall of 1991.

His latest book, "Techniques, Tactics and Teamwork for Women's Soccer," was released by Sterling Publishing in the spring of 2001. He co-wrote it with April Kater, Syracuse University's head women's coach.

In conjunction with Championship Productions, Lauffer has created two three-disc DVD sets describing how to implement various game tactics and coaching techniques. The first set, released in 2005, includes "The Complete Guide to the 3-5-2," "Tactical Flexibility With the 4-2-3-1 System," and "Attacking in the Final Third." The second set, released in 2006, includes "Butch Lauffer's Counter Attack System," "Butch Lauffer's Zone Play," and "Butch Lauffer's 12 Best Training Games."

Lauffer is also director of soccer for the Amarillo Drifters Soccer Association. Butch lives in Amarillo with his wife, Kimberly, and their two children, Kendall (9) and Kyle (6). He also has an 18 year-old son, Blake, who lives in Hurst/Bedford.

I guess in your book Diambars, Lauffer does not have as much experience as our Trinidadian coaches
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 08:59:03 AM by Flex »
Warrior For Life !!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 12:38:33 PM »
What I know about this coach is that the Trini players who were at the school last was not to happy. I want to believe that one of them may not be returning and the other is trying to leave. The friendship thing just continuing, that's all. Give players of the National team full schol and everything nice.

Them two Trini coaches you all post about there is two big coaches. I had the opportunity of meeting and talking with both these guys. Very knowledgable and would be better than the guy they just announced.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 12:44:19 PM »
I like the idea in principle.

1]; } ?>