March 28, 2024, 10:41:27 AM

Poll

how much of a part should they play?

start
half time subs
last 30 min
last 15 min
not even on d bench

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).  (Read 284904 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How many foriegn based are making the trip for the England game ?
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2008, 06:03:08 PM »
'' WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?''

Fire de wuk.............and yuh like football ?  ;D
HAHAHAHA :devil: :devil: :devil:. no seriously fardder, what would you do ?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2008, 06:10:40 PM »
De England game so far on,but yuh never know wid de TTFF but for sure de Bermuda game is ah definate.I mighta take de chance on the England still.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2008, 06:16:11 PM »
boy jus cool this is a hard one..

i eh want to say come back fuh de england game and jack call it off..

but at de same time i feel it worth taking de chance because you not going to miss much with the bermuda game..

and also you have to factor in that is england we playing against.

it could be a great opportunity to see our soca warriors overcome our former colonial masters who raped and pillaged us back in de 1800s and took our land and our women and destroyed de social and moral fabric, gave us false ideologies about the concept of beauty and ingrained in us an inferiority complex that means we are all victims of mental slavery up to this very day.. 

jus kidding eh breds.. ;D

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2008, 06:18:07 PM »
No brainer. Go to the England game. Yuh get tuh see T&T play, plus yuh get tuh see a quality macth and team. Might Be a once in a lifetime experience. Also last time tuh see the magician do he ting. No brainer.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2008, 06:39:15 PM »
I am trying to come too, but I am afraid that they call off the game.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2008, 06:46:32 PM »
de only way we go bounce up is if the June 1st game is definite.
and that I can get a ticket.

ah fraid to book flights and then game cancell as the saying will have to change,
"What is Simpaul luck is not WestCoast Luck" :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2008, 07:36:38 PM »
i get real lucky with this game..I graduate end of May so i home from May 24th...my only concern is when tickets go on sale..cuz i hadda make sure someone will get one for me without being turned off by the madness that bound to ensue wen they go on sale
Back in Trini...

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
USA vs ENG - Debate
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2008, 06:46:43 AM »
So I was watching the show Fox Football Fone-in last week, and the question of the night was
"will the USA squad given their win over Poland overcome an England team whose form has been in question lately?

Many seemed to think USA have a great chance, which I dont agree with, but football is a team game and upsets do happen.

The question however, started me thinking in another direction...
At each position, fwd, mid, def and gk is there any player on the USA team you would start over an english player?

For instance,
Would Dempsey play before Garrard, Lampard, Cole, Bentley, Barry etc?
Would Dempsey even be in the running?

The only position in my opinion that a US player could stand a chance is at GK.

Just goes to show that this is the ultimate team game!

« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 06:52:41 AM by marcus »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: USA vs ENG - Debate
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2008, 07:08:34 AM »
So I was watching the show Fox Football Fone-in last week, and the question of the night was
"will the USA squad given their win over Poland overcome an England team whose form has been in question lately?

Many seemed to think USA have a great chance, which I dont agree with, but football is a team game and upsets do happen.

At each position, fwd, mid, def and gk is there any player on the USA team you would start over an english player?
For instance,

No.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2008, 07:19:02 AM »
really?? this is a debate??
 who is the "many" who seem to think so? Hope is none ah dem very experienced american football commentators u talking bout....
doh kill the people bandwidth nah..lol
toppa put it the best!! no!
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2008, 07:28:46 AM »

For instance,

No.

i agree with marcus only GK. dem english goalies does tired mess down themselves on the big stage

Offline JW

• Mackem Abroad
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Eat My Goal
    • View Profile
    • Black Cats of North America
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2008, 07:35:28 AM »

i agree with marcus only GK. dem english goalies does tired mess down themselves on the big stage

Robinson can't get a game for Spurs, James is on the decline.  I can't see why Capello would continue to stick with those two, to be honest.
There's a few good young English keepers coming through....Foster at ManU, Hart at ManCity.  Problem is that they make a mistake, like Carson did, and the press is all over them.  Capello needs to make a statement of intent and play them, not falling back on James, like he did with the France friendly.  Imho.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 08:09:14 AM by JW »
Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2008, 08:39:53 AM »
James is in some great form, so he has to be an obvious choice.

Hart and Foster and Carson aint ready yet.

The man that gets the raw deal is West Ham's goal keeper.  Robert Green.

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2008, 09:34:36 AM »
 who is the "many" who seem to think so? Hope is none ah dem very experienced american football commentators u talking bout....
Fox Football Fone-in doesn't have any American commentators... it's chief contributor, actually happens to be Canadian...so careful how yuh casting dem stones dey captain.

As for the question....not even at GK would any American start over their English counterpart.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2008, 09:36:58 AM »
My odds are that at this point, England will beat the US 6 or 7 out of every 10 times they play, they will draw 2 or 3, and the US may win 1 (on U.S. soil).

Based on what I see of US ball, I still think they're at the stage where they need to be physically on par with their opponents or better to get a result, because they don't yet have the individual talent or imagination to overcome a physically & tactically superior team....

In that regard, I don't think they match up favorably against the English....England 2 US 0

An upset would be surprising but not shocking though....

England can find a better player in their pool in every position of the field....than the U.S.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 09:41:05 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2008, 09:43:49 AM »
Fox Football Fone-in doesn't have any American commentators... it's chief contributor, actually happens to be Canadian...so careful how yuh casting dem stones dey captain.

As for the question....not even at GK would any American start over their English counterpart.
careful why?? Ex-amseircan football players have been guest commentators on sports programs. and they have spewed nuff assness.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2008, 09:53:58 AM »

Who is the chief contributor?

I thought Steve Cohen & Nick Webster were two Brits living in California....

I think you might be mixing it up with Fox Soccer Report which is produced by Fox Sports World Canada and anchored by a Canadian reporter/reporting crew (don't remember their names)....

but the fone-in show is hosted by those two jokey British guys (who I don't take seriously either)

« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 10:00:02 AM by kicker »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2008, 10:09:39 AM »
careful why?? Ex-amseircan football players have been guest commentators on sports programs. and they have spewed nuff assness.

Allyuh sensitive eh?  "careful" because in yuh haste tuh paint it as a case of know-nothing americans yuh might actually be painting one ah yuh own countrymen with that brush.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2008, 10:13:02 AM »

I think you might be mixing it up with Fox Soccer Report which is produced by Fox Sports World Canada and anchored by a Canadian reporter/reporting crew (don't remember their names)....

but the fone-in show is hosted by those two jokey British guys (who I don't take seriously either)

Kicker I actually watch the show pretty regularly (I like the banter between the two), so no not getting it mixed up.  Cohen and Webster are the hosts, not what I would call contributors...the contributor I'm talking about is Max Bretos.  Max Bretos is also the lead host of FSR as you stated.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2008, 10:16:32 AM »

Kicker I actually watch the show pretty regularly (I like the banter between the two), so no not getting it mixed up.  Cohen and Webster are the hosts, not what I would call contributors...the contributor I'm talking about is Max Bretos.  Max Bretos is also the lead host of FSR as you stated.

Oh ok... I see what you're saying....but as far as I know or should I say, from what I remember learning sometime back (because I don't know for sure) Max Bretos is Cuban-American.

...but I wasn't referring to him when I talked about the Canadian anchors of the Fox Soccer Report....it's like 3 or 4 nerdy fellas in a newsroom, at least one with a really strong Canadian accent and occasionally an old fella with a scottish accent.......anyways- lemme doh hijack the thread anymore,
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 10:27:00 AM by kicker »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2008, 10:27:36 AM »

Yea the US can beat them. Is just England we talking about eh.

Last game I saw them play the US get outplayed but if they have good chemistry going around the time they play they capable of pulling off an "upset".  They have done it before and people shouldn't be too surprised when they get a good result.
Hadda keep an eye on this Altidore youth...cud be problems for WCQ.

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2008, 10:45:55 AM »
US can beat England. We WI include me something does hate on US. They have the fittest(textbook) team in Concacaf. In the last ten years, which big name team trash(3-0 and up) them? I don't like the US team but it feel good to know Concacaf can represent.
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2008, 11:16:11 AM »
Oh ok... I see what you're saying....but as far as I know or should I say, from what I remember learning sometime back (because I don't know for sure) Max Bretos is Cuban-American.

...but I wasn't referring to him when I talked about the Canadian anchors of the Fox Soccer Report....it's like 3 or 4 nerdy fellas in a newsroom, at least one with a really strong Canadian accent and occasionally an old fella with a scottish accent.......anyways- lemme doh hijack the thread anymore,

Ohh...well I stand corrected after all.

I swear among dem same fellas yuh talking about that they was joshing Max Bretos about being Canadian (something about Owen Hargreaves they was talking...and swear the comment was directed at Bretos).  I could be wrong  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2008, 11:22:24 AM »

Last game I saw them play the US get outplayed but if they have good chemistry going around the time they play they capable of pulling off an "upset".  They have done it before and people shouldn't be too surprised when they get a good result.

What is surprising about this US team though is that there are only a handful of 'big' names in de mix.  I was looking fuh information about the Nigerian defender Onyewu yesterday, and he not even in de pool of current players...surprising since he was supposed to be their next Eddie Pope.  Then again, neither was Adu's name in the mix....so who knows how accurate that list (on ussoccer.com) is.  Altidore is nice...size, speed....touches.  Pure death in the making...but he needs to go abroad soon if he's to continue developing.

Lol@ "only England"....we'll see.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2008, 11:28:33 AM »

Allyuh sensitive eh?  "careful" because in yuh haste tuh paint it as a case of know-nothing americans yuh might actually be painting one ah yuh own countrymen with that brush.
i far form sensitive... "OWN COUNTRY MEN" unless they is trini then i loss. I jus on an extended sojourn .....WHEN the vacation done...ah going to sand sea and sun oui. This cold is madness

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2008, 11:36:49 AM »

i far form sensitive... "OWN COUNTRY MEN" unless they is trini then i loss. I jus on an extended sojourn .....WHEN the vacation done...ah going to sand sea and sun oui. This cold is madness

"extended" being de operative word...doh run from it  ;D

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2008, 11:39:16 AM »

"extended" being de operative word...doh run from it  ;D
man pressure it had so much snow this year ah man made an igloo in he back yard......Madnesssssssss :-\

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2008, 11:41:00 AM »

What is surprising about this US team though is that there are only a handful of 'big' names in de mix.  I was looking fuh information about the Nigerian defender Onyewu yesterday, and he not even in de pool of current players...surprising since he was supposed to be their next Eddie Pope.  Then again, neither was Adu's name in the mix....so who knows how accurate that list (on ussoccer.com) is.  Altidore is nice...size, speed....touches.  Pure death in the making...but he needs to go abroad soon if he's to continue developing.

Lol@ "only England"....we'll see.

I think Onyewu still in the mix. He played (and scored) in their last friendly against Poland. Not sure what is the deal with Fredy though- think of late he's been more involved with the U-23 quals for the olympics...

Yeah Altidore should make a Euro move soon- real potential there...

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2008, 11:43:29 AM »
I think the US can pulll off an upset. I thnk England Over rated. Individual talent yes but that team don't mesh together well. Who knows how Capello will have them palying in a few months time. Right now they could get it though.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2008, 11:58:44 AM »
I think the US can pulll off an upset. I thnk England Over rated. Individual talent yes but that team don't mesh together well. Who knows how Capello will have them palying in a few months time. Right now they could get it though.
I agree that the USA could do it, but then again Capello has done some good stuff with other teams, so maybe england will be back in the "game"
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>