March 28, 2024, 03:45:34 AM

Author Topic: lil swimmers  (Read 164739 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: lil swimmers
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2008, 02:31:18 PM »
well yes,...the Angel get ah carpetburn on he back playin goalie, start one setta coughin last nite....why now ? ah start buffing left an right, an mammy say "no setta buffing go cure nuthen, why yuh doh drink 2 juice by yuh pardna ", so I apolegize to the kids for my nervousness and head out with blessings.. ;D
 ths mornin after they manage to wake meh after a few tries, we head out, everybody say they feelin good, buh lilman hardly giving meh talks so ah no he not all right.
Well the results, weren't great, but not to bad.. We would know if they make the Regional finals(top 6) by tonight when all the sectional results are in...we are of course hoping for all of them
mzting (11-12) - Free - 32.03 - 3 rd ; fly - 38.69 - 11 th ;  Relay - 3rd
Angel (9-10) -  Free - 35.28 - 2nd  ; Relay - 1st
lilman (9-10) - back - 43.83 - 4 th ; fly(25m) - 18.62 - 2nd ; Relay 1st

the way it lookin, the girl is definately out of the fly, and lilman did not make close to his better time in back (even lost to team-mate), but should definately make it in fly, doh he didn't get up to his best time either. The Angel was the better of the morning as he surpassed his pb of Wed. gone, even if a fraction of a second..The boys relay are definately in, and are going after the Regional record. The girls relay is a wait and see... Will update once we know for sure..
the only thing lilman said, " why didn't they let me do free ? you know the guy who won just turned 11 ! i'm only 9, dad". I thinkin, real Trini boy, but say " Good, now you have some competition, you will do everything in the winter. let's see what you got "...lil later then
ps: ppl was congratulatin us an ting (as all of the winners are with the top 2 clubs- Pointe Claire & Beaconsfield - in our region), and our kids seem to have come out of nowhere , and ah see the Pointe Claire person talkin to MrsG so ah kinda ease over, and MrsG was telling her, how we were refused 3 yrs ago, and we just last year joined the slightly less competitive club(Dollard) last Sept, and the kids enjoy it, she said, " I understand they probably have friends there now, Our lost, I will have to speak to the evaluators, we can't afford to miss that"...so we felt kinda good, yet it leaves a doubt of making the switch, especially since nahhhh..all ah we enjoying this current experience
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 02:54:20 PM by maxg »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2008, 04:21:50 PM »
Dey takin in d swimmin in d olympics?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2008, 10:09:38 PM »
Dey takin in d swimmin in d olympics?
at all..is only Nintendo, and Naruto...oh well...I watchin and learning
Everybody in, except MzTing in the fly, barely made the consolation. Positions stayed the same for eveything else, except lilman bounced to 6th and last qualifying place in the back, and 3rd in fly (#1 & 2, are actually now 11 - so should be interesting if he goes after them).
On to Saturday all Region Finals.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2008, 10:23:13 PM »
U continue 2 look like dem swim wear really have someting 2 do wit dem fast times
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2008, 02:58:35 PM »
Well, tomorrow is the big day, yet mzTing did a Junior Synchro team competition yesterday, and her Team won Gold, she walking on cloud nine, only hoping now she could swim enuff for at least ah bronze...me doh have to swim and ah nervous as hell, and all dem cool kool...dem boys only studying wha Wii game dey go ask dey mudda for if they come in...soon we go hah to find dem sponsors yes ! ::) :timeout:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 03:00:10 PM by maxg »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2008, 04:05:44 PM »
Dat go keep dem motivated d thought of breaakin all yuh budget

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2008, 04:44:16 PM »
Well, tomorrow is the big day, yet mzTing did a Junior Synchro team competition yesterday, and her Team won Gold, she walking on cloud nine, only hoping now she could swim enuff for at least ah bronze...me doh have to swim and ah nervous as hell, and all dem cool kool...dem boys only studying wha Wii game dey go ask dey mudda for if they come in...soon we go hah to find dem sponsors yes ! ::) :timeout:

Good luck to the kids Max.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2008, 11:54:44 AM »
thanks for the good vibes all...very successful
Our pool were the champions
Angel : 1st 9-10 50 free SC  - 34.26
mzting : 2nd 11-12 50 free SC - 30.67
lilman : 2nd 9-10 50 back SC - 41.60
          2nd 9-10 25 fly SC - 16.84

everybody beat pb's..Everyone was amazed, as many knew the kids were nowhere last year - except lilman, who got in because somebody couldn't make it, (even if he placed), not even in consolation last year , and made finals this year and medalled. anxious to see what year 2 of training brings this winter, and September when all the big competitions begin, if they maintain, they will all be highly ranked, provincially and across Canada..
Again thanks for the well wishes, it was fun relatin their summer events...bye for now..
ps: we have to go fulfil all meh obligations and bribes...buh it was well worth it....Mammy say no more incentive payout for swimming this winter, only school work !

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2008, 12:16:54 PM »
thanks for the good vibes all...very successful
Our pool were the champions
Angel : 1st 9-10 50 free SC  - 34.26
mzting : 2nd 11-12 50 free SC - 30.67
lilman : 2nd 9-10 50 back SC - 41.60
          2nd 9-10 25 fly SC - 16.84

everybody beat pb's..Everyone was amazed, as many knew the kids were nowhere last year - except lilman, who got in because somebody couldn't make it, (even if he placed), not even in consolation last year , and made finals this year and medalled. anxious to see what year 2 of training brings this winter, and September when all the big competitions begin, if they maintain, they will all be highly ranked, provincially and across Canada..
Again thanks for the well wishes, it was fun relatin their summer events...bye for now..
ps: we have to go fulfil all meh obligations and bribes...buh it was well worth it....Mammy say no more incentive payout for swimming this winter, only school work !

Ms. Ting definately showing sumting in the 50. Good job for all though.

PS Tell mammy that swimming, and sports in general helps with school work

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2008, 02:04:24 PM »
oh, they go still have to swim good - ah smiling, cheering daddy, always better than ah frowning, way too quiet daddy, buh we cyah afford to run bonuses for both, 3 ah dem go break we, plus dey go get more spoil...hopefully the books payouts not going to dininish nuthen,,,,otherwise is beast-face daddy whole season...an nobody like dat  :devil:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2008, 02:10:19 PM »
Congrats

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2008, 05:35:16 PM »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2008, 06:21:44 PM »
Congrats
thanks weary et al

Max, if ever you coming home for Xmas, and you reaching before mid december, we have a swim meet at Marlins that the kids could participate in if they would like. Any other time you coming with the fam and want them to swim, check me.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2008, 08:42:44 PM »
Yes Swima help we hook dem

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2008, 02:58:38 PM »
Congrats
thanks weary et al

Max, if ever you coming home for Xmas, and you reaching before mid december, we have a swim meet at Marlins that the kids could participate in if they would like. Any other time you coming with the fam and want them to swim, check me.

thanks Swima, but any trip home would be ah hard sell, as Mammy get her only muggin just outside she home 11 am,  with ton a ppl passing, like normal...happen 9 yrs ago, buh it bother her like yesterday....so it kinda mash up regular trips since

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2008, 12:24:06 PM »
Congrats
thanks weary et al

thanks Swima, but any trip home would be ah hard sell, as Mammy get her only muggin just outside she home 11 am,  with ton a ppl passing, like normal...happen 9 yrs ago, buh it bother her like yesterday....so it kinda mash up regular trips since

I understand. I know that jaded feeling and I can respect it. All the same, if I can help, let me know.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2008, 03:03:18 PM »
So far the winter swimming has been very good(province leaders), but I'm here to inform about something I came across and was wondering if T&T has programs like that.
A couple of my kids main competitors are enrolled in sports-etude programs. i.e. study & sports, only offered at a few schools across the city.
What I didn't know, was it's not only offered at the high school level(about the last, but I discovered that a couple of the boys my sons compete against (9-10) follow this program at the elementary school level as well.
Basically, Condensed regular school program from 8:30 to 12:30 and specific sport training from 1:30 to 4:00. everyday.Plus club training ~2 hrs/weekend. In times of school holiday(public, ped days etc) the kids are given pre-homework, and set training regimens. Of course the kids have to maintain satisfactory academic results to remain in the program but wow...elementary.. The times of one particular kid in the program is Canada leading, though my sons have barely surpassed him in the shorter sprint events. They(mysons) have full school days and train 1 1/2 hrs for 4 days/week.

I find that freaky for that age....doh my studies have been Sports Science, I wasn't aware the practice existed at that age, basically from 8 to 17. Google: Sport etude
Swima et al, any thoughts on this, do we have this at the highschool level ?
nb: the particpating schools do not just deal with one sport(this particular school has, swimming, Gymnastics, diving, judo, Table-tennis - all registered with the pertinent assocs.), though the evening sessions are themselves divided in general gym, and sport specific training etc..etc..

« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 04:01:26 PM by maxg »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2008, 04:50:07 PM »
So far the winter swimming has been very good(province leaders), but I'm here to inform about something I came across and was wondering if T&T has programs like that.
A couple of my kids main competitors are enrolled in sports-etude programs. i.e. study & sports, only offered at a few schools across the city.
What I didn't know, was it's not only offered at the high school level(about the last, but I discovered that a couple of the boys my sons compete against (9-10) follow this program at the elementary school level as well.
Basically, Condensed regular school program from 8:30 to 12:30 and specific sport training from 1:30 to 4:00. everyday.Plus club training ~2 hrs/weekend. In times of school holiday(public, ped days etc) the kids are given pre-homework, and set training regimens. Of course the kids have to maintain satisfactory academic results to remain in the program but wow...elementary.. The times of one particular kid in the program is Canada leading, though my sons have barely surpassed him in the shorter sprint events. They(mysons) have full school days and train 1 1/2 hrs for 4 days/week.

I find that freaky for that age....doh my studies have been Sports Science, I wasn't aware the practice existed at that age, basically from 8 to 17. Google: Sport etude
Swima et al, any thoughts on this, do we have this at the highschool level ?
nb: the particpating schools do not just deal with one sport(this particular school has, swimming, Gymnastics, diving, judo, Table-tennis - all registered with the pertinent assocs.), though the evening sessions are themselves divided in general gym, and sport specific training etc..etc..

Kids down here still going to lessons after school to make sure they understand the syllabus. We have nothing close to that here. It would be an amazing revelation should we be able to introduce it though. It would change a lot of things in a lot of sports and even in social development and education. Love the idea. I will google it and get back to you.

Easy.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2008, 08:26:02 PM »
Most of the info would be in French. There is a English school(John Rennie HS) about 2 blocks away from me, and I know a couple kids in the program. So I can gather more info as needed
add:  http://johnrennie.lbpsb.qc.ca/sportetudes.htm
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 08:31:12 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2009, 06:45:49 PM »
Kids seem to be finishing the season strong (end in June). boys did real good last week...and they anxious for the summer fun at the local pool, they want ppl to see how fast they have become, shim 2 yrs ago they weren't selected to rep the pool at anything...we are very proud of them..and they school work doh not tops, is slightly abv avg too..doh both ah them say, they HAVE to play football this year..The angel wanted to do Intercity - they called him, based o his house league last year - but I said sorry, I need ah break.
Angel went 31.96 50 Fr SC, and lilman right behind him 33.sumtig, results here.
http://
MzTing is at Quebec city, Regional Team Champs, Yesterday in the finals (prelims at SC) came 2 in 50 Fr LC (30.24) and 3 rd(though distant) in 400 Fr lc(5.23.07). Today she made 200 Fr, but came 15 in 50 Br. It seems breast is a family weakness...even doh I didn't swim, it was always mine 

next wknd the boys have Regional semis - Ang - 50 fr & bk. lilman - 50 fly & 100 IM they are ranked top 3 in Qc, so they are expected to make the finals.
pretty good for year 2. Doh both Angel & MzTing moving up next year, and lilman would probably have to train with this older group - save us time, as well as no competition for him. The coaches hinted at that. Nobody tell us definite yet. but for real, ah doh think we can handle 3 seperate training sessions.
lilman (and I) going to TO for TOP cup at Etobicoke (2 wks), Swima, maybe I will see Lashley if he is the age (10 & U). Will give dem ah haile for yuh, if they are there.

thanks again
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 02:54:37 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2009, 09:11:45 AM »
SEASON done for the boys YEEEAAAAAAHHHHH  :beermug: :beermug: :wavetowel:

will summarize later...Great season 2...all man get serious for this ending...and vex with meh cause we was only 1/2 hour EARLY for WARM ups....I tell them, they could hire they personal taxi when they want..Man telling me bout I doh give dem no allowance, ah say, when allyuh start swinging broom in allyuh room, we go talk....the Angel say,my room not so special & I does only be on the computer watching football....the ANGEL yuh kno....cheups.. :)
1 more meet (MzTing) to go

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2009, 08:38:51 PM »
Big boys went head to head today in the 100 free (bought tkts, but couldn't make it). Phelps 1st. Bovell 3 rd. Bovell won the 50 free yesterday, lilman was impressed (live in the Big O), but most likely would defer that 50 free to the Angel. Hear meh push talk nah, "Like that guy from TT would have to hold off Phelps till allyuh hit the scene." Swima, the mouth say, "UhHuh, us or Tariq"..me now tryin to figure out if he buy into a team, or just backin a friend..ah don't think he talk to Tariq much, but he say Tariq dad kinda cool..."an he talks like you dad". :rotfl:

Lesson 1. You might have got it right this time, and will most of the time (I hope) but not everyone who talks like me all cool.   ;D

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2009, 05:49:21 AM »
Hahaha. Sounds good. Keep injecting it in them Max. Also, cannot downplay the importance of seeing world class swimmers at that age. Something you guys will always have over us in terms of access.

Our guys getting ready to leave for Venezuela on Sunday. Look out for results from the middle of next week.

EZ.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2009, 01:02:45 PM »
Hahaha. Sounds good. Keep injecting it in them Max. Also, cannot downplay the importance of seeing world class swimmers at that age. Something you guys will always have over us in terms of access.

Our guys getting ready to leave for Venezuela on Sunday. Look out for results from the middle of next week.

EZ.

That was the 1st in a long time, hopefully not the last...to tell the truth, they was bored...lilman say "one day when you pay to see me swim, he hope Phelps still around"

Well to much stories to type, Lilman get licks 1st thing father's day and all...he mouth again - talkin inappropiately and lieing, then I get buff from Mammy same speed..any straight to the results..
the boys both swam 9-10, against each other this year, Lilman repeating 9-10 and the Angel moving up 11-12. nb ()=(top 50 Canada rank in all 9-10s')
Amongst 10 yr olds, lilman ranked #1 in Canada in 4 events(50Fly(41),100Fly(),50Bk(8,100IM(14)),#2 in 1(200Fr(30)),#3 in 2(200Bk(37),200IM(26)), #5 in 50Fr(41), #15 in 200Br(NR),#45 in 50 Br(NR).
Angel - 50Fr(13),200Fr(34),50BK(11),200Bk(34),50Br(NR), 200Br(NR),50Fl(28),100IM(9),200IM(NR).

So they kinda alternated beating each other. though lil man couldn't ketch the Angel in 50Fr - 31.92 & 33.34
                                                                  an Angel couldn't ketch him in 50Fl - 35.26 & 37.89
                                                                  equal in 50Bk - Lil-37.23 & An-37.52
                        every meet a switch in 100 IM, who swim last win - Lil-1:23:88 & An- 1:21:94

Brought home 7 Golds & 1 Silver in regionals. (2 events each(An-50Fr & back - golds; lil - 50 fl (g) & 100 Im(Sl) + both on the relay teams).
Summer swim start Wednesday, and the Angel getting a big kick how the swim team for that is only 45 minutes, compared to the 1 1/2 hr they was doing for winter swim..they went the first day yesterday, and doh he had a blocked nose(cold), he say "45 minutes is like a hiccup".

In addition MzTing(only likes free) made her Provincial 2 desigination and got promoted to that meet early next month. Competing in 50,200,400,800 & 1500 Free, 50 BK and 2 more events. Will post times and rankings after then.

So a great season all around. They have all come a long way, and it's a pleasure to see not that they hold up under the amount of work they do, but except for MzTing a few times, look forward to it. Big thanks to the coaches and club, for the time, and allowing them to miss sometimes, as some days they were very tired with school, and sickness etc...ps: swine flu pass through the pool too...lilman did regional semis with a fever, made finals and was pissed he didn't beat his times.....I know, I myself never train 1/4 as much in meh life like dat..and the coaches, wow, Swima, allyuh have to be ah different kinda beast to be there and manage so many kids, and give them such a pleasant outlook....However, from what I saw of the Point-Claire coaches(not all), I know my kids would have given up a long time, and they do lose some, but the best ones usually stick with them...we are happy we are at this Club, where the atmoshpere is so much more relaxed and fun, and so are the kids...We are all anxious to see what next year brings, and on a personal note, I hope there are many years to follow...if only I could talk bout something other than swimming now, if yuh see who ppl does be ducking meh, Mammy say to plenty ppl, 50 free does b how much ppl at work trying to get away from me....I'n even play football in 6 mths, nevr happened in this lifetime, and that includes time with 2 operated knees and living in this cold place....but Summer's here, so all fete-matches & beer locations, heads-up.

add: As of Last Weekend and above post, they have been bumped 1 place down in PQ & Can. There is another brother tandem in Quebec city, same ages (11 & 10), Year after next, if God spare life and keep them going will be even more fun.  There are other sibling swimmers, but they don't compete at the same age groups as these boys i.e. all together.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 10:23:51 AM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2009, 09:04:24 AM »
2nd summer(2 event) meet tonight.. think dey doin - Ang- Fr & Bk, Lilman Fr & Fl, Mzting - Fr & Fl
+  Mzting also starting P2 meet tomorrow marnin...
will do a comp.with last year times & now..
ps: dey latest, Mzting & lilman pre race song "Rum & Roti"   :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 04:09:14 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2009, 07:49:36 PM »
this thing gettinn serious...other kids (& parents) focussing on us now, it's very unnerving. the summer pool meet last week was cancelled due to thundershowers. Lilman vex, Angel happy, and mzTing didn't care as she had her final meet - P2- 1st Provincial best (hopefully not the last) the next morning. It's from 11 & up, so the boys are too young...though lilman don't have the standards yet(off by 2years & 2 secs), he more vex, he couldn't take it out on that summer pool that night.
mzting however dropped her times, though very slightly in everything but the 50 free, she didn't make any finals, and her best placing was 11 th. However, their relay team broke the 27 yr Provinicial record (originally held by our club) in the 4 x 50 free, gold, and also broke the 4 x 50 IM record, but mzting, who swam anchor, was out-touched at the wall, putting them in 2nd place by .03 seconds. She historically beat that girl in the summer, but the girl brought the experience that day...she feels she let the team down...we let her know we are very proud of her, as she is swimming against kids who have been swimming 4, 5 years longer than her, so don't dig...so the resheduled meet last night, 2 ah dem real anxious...and the Angel, he still doh care, he unfortunately has moved up in age group, and figure he go get good licks, so he not anxious atall..
Well last night, against one of the top pools he won both, close but win...he even banged his head on the flip turn of the back, and came from behind to outtouch the youth, doing his 2nd best time, 38.01. The other 2 won both their event relatively easy, mzting 50 fr was 30.1 and fly was 34. lilman fly : 16.90 back was 39...and everybody was cool...tomorrow regular, meet against the club that always beat us....will see how thaT GO

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2009, 12:44:32 PM »
win last wed. mammy time Ang 38.05(11-12) in back, close race in free, but pulled it orf in 32. something, lilman in 38.06(9-10 back), lilman fly went 16.56...the 9-10 pool record for fly is held by Tobias Oriwol at 16.23, he went on to rep. Canada, the region record 15 15.63...all anxious to see if he will make it, we more anxious for next year, as he is better at 50. Mzting was 2nd in fly to her winter teammate, was out-touched again, as of next day she started jogging to the pool, and has noticably upped her training...definately looks more serious, if that last..hmmnnn..hope she isn't discouraged tonight...we swim against the other neighbourhood pool, 2 blocks south of where we live, and we go 2 blocks north...ould this become a North south classic ?..it might, they already brought our management up on charges for stealing one of their swimmers, as her parents ae and have been members there for years, but her last coach and friends are at our pool...she has the same age and Name as Mzting, though her specialty is back..her father,who had to go to a committee meeting, say he cyah wait till we set a double dose ah Mzting on "dere arse", according to he...me doh business...it's all in fun still...isn't it ? "yeah ...but of course...riiiighhht !" he says

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2009, 02:05:20 PM »
Win by 10 points, came down to the last relay...
well the lil extra mindset of Mzting producea PB in the 50 - 29.17...question is "is it repeatable ?"
also won the fly. Angel decide he doing free & br, won the fee by 3 secs, came 3 rd in br, did a pb, but still not great enuff to be considered regional. Was happy he had the guts to take it on doh.
lilman won both fly & back, vex before the races they won't let him do free, ah explain he doing it for the team, he say he go make same points, ah show him the team not as strong in fly or back...he was cool....after the back( he win by 10 m), he come over vex, he mudda ask "what's up, were you disqualified", he setup he face like he go cry..he say "No, I didn't beat my time, did 39", ah say "doh dig that's still quite good and yuh helping the team win"....he start to pout...."what's really bothering you guy"...he turn to he mudda and shout, "I HAVE NO COMPETITION"....yuh talk bout embarrassment, ah parent from our pool start to crack up at we shame-face and he boldfaceness, then she start to repeat to everybody round we...ah vex at how he yell at he mudda, ah vex at what he say, but the ppl round we kicksin so much, ah doh know what to say....eventually we start laffing too...yuh know the man grab the out, watch the other parents and say "i'm just joking, I just want to try the free once"....when ah get him alone, ah explain to him, some jokes are not for public, he will give ppl the wrong impression...he borrow he brother line "don't worry dad, everybody but you got it", cool cool...ah leave it at dat yes..
sidenote: our winter club manage to qualify 2 girls(mzting teamate/competitors) at the just concluded Canadian Age group nationals held in Mtl over the past weekend. 1 achieved silver in the fly, the other, qualified for and did pb's in most of her events(including free and fly, and she is only 11, swimming 11-12), and achieved National standards in 50 free..28.56, guess who mzting would be facing when regionals semis come along, yes, the latter...ah won't tell her cuta** might be book, but it ill be interesting..especially if she maintain this new improved personal training regimen...if she could manage to stay close would be a cause to "fire one"...we go cross dat bridge, swim dah river when we get to it, eh
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 09:45:41 PM by maxg »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2009, 09:05:39 AM »
Mz. Ting ready to swim for Trini at Carifta next year?!?! I looking at another talent in the US who's Trini mom already expressed that she coming home for Xmas with the intention of putting down times for Carifta next year in Jamaica. Just call when you ready Max. In the mean time the team going to Goodwill has been picked and Tariq swimming everything in the 9-10 age group. He come back home and win high point, but his pardnahs at the club right behind him.

BTW I didn't tell you, at CCCAN, the 100 free for 11-12 and 13-14, we now have 3 fellas who will be in 13-14 next year who all going 55 low or better in the 100. The 4 x 100 at Carifta and CISC next year will be pure advantage. We looking to take those records into the stratosphere next year. By next year I want all three swimming 53 point or faster. Problem (or maybe not) is that one of them migrating this year, though he going to a good programme. Imagine a man swimming 53 in the 100 in 13-14 and cannot make his national team. Only in the US you see those things. I salivating for next year all now.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 09:10:10 AM by Swima »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2009, 08:28:24 AM »
showed her yuh post, she ask "can we try, can we try?"...ah say yuh will have to make the standards.."Ok, show me !"...ah show her.....she check the 50, she check the 200...."uh, thanks dad, fuhget it"...and she gone yes. :D

Big up to Tariq, lilman say, "I knew he would make it, very few ppl beat me ".....then...."dad, when ppl racing they shouldn't look behind"...ah say "uh huh"...ah didn't ask why, cause doh true, ah dun know whey HE was  going...
on the times, I checked those amazing results...I year is joke, I anxious and worried for the next 5 years...ah now see how life/adversity does get in the way, and doh ah know worrying wouldn't change the final otcome, sometimes pre-thought/preparation could help determine a positive outcome...even if we cyah predict it...but that is obviously the best crop ever

1]; } ?>