April 20, 2024, 02:44:02 AM

Author Topic: Alvin Corneal – Time for Change.  (Read 8700 times)

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Alvin Corneal – Time for Change.
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2008, 07:13:48 AM »
Everybody is an expert in the affairs of TT football. None without given the chance will prove to be successful but then again that is determined by your measure of success. Here is probably one of the least favorite former National team coaches of all time feeding his bait to those who are not behind the scenes to bite at and pick up the fight. Well all I have to ask Mr. Najjar and I hope he reads this post and visit the site is this:

Our first Gold Cup in LA..Mr. Najjar do you remember making a phone call  begging to be on the Trinidad staff? If I remember clearly you offered to even carry water to the players... Know this Najjar, not all fourmities here are easily baited into your foolishness, and some of us here do have experiences with you to know you are up to your usual antics.

Your stint as National coach was a ploy to try and get the Syrian businesses to sponsor and invest in the TTFF..but it backfired, half fled after the COOP and the other just don't care to support you.
Your termination was self inflicted Alvin had nothing to do with that. Players whom I spoke to under your coaching said quite frankly, you couldn't coach a monkey to peel bananas. Remember when one points a finger there are 3 more pointing right back at you. You speak of Alvin and you just like most on here have no understanding as to the man's role, job, experience, knowledge and above all that how much he cares for his country. Here is a man who represented the country in both cricket and football and while part of his job as a commentator is to be critical at times you seem to feed only off the negatives...No wonder we as a people cannot get anywhere unless it is an individual sport...and supposedly coached by Foreigner, for we can't collectively handle the local critics. Or can we?

I at times are not in agreement with some of the things Alvin says but he is intitled to his opinions and I mine, yet it makes no sense calling for his head when you can even fill the shoes he walking in. That comes like me blaming Manning for losing my job..yet I am the one who never fully performed at my job...stop looking for excuses and loopholes Najjar and just look into the mirror..you failed at your helm.

Keep up the mud slinging I have many more to write on you.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2008, 08:45:54 AM »
Yeah d chimp entitled 2 he opinion but when it is dat we have 2 look mars 4 players it tells me that he should lead d search on mars 4 d players.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2008, 01:50:49 PM »
As much as people may dislike the Corneals, their positive contribution to local football has been significant.  Both as players and as coaches for trinidad they have made huge contributions.    Anton Corneal coached the u-17 national team to youth world cup qualification and he was involved in the senior world cup qualification as part of the technical staff if I am not mistaken.  Besides that, both Alvin and Anton have provided hundreds of players with the opportunity to get scholarships to US universities, as well as professional and semi-pro contracts abroad.  They have done this through their club ALCONS.  Training with Alcons was free and open to all players at all skill levels. Players like Mickey Trotman and Stern John were once a part of Alcons.  Belive it or not but The corneals have done a lot for local football.  I think they have made far far far greater contributions than Hanibal Najjar ever made.
I understand that many people may have ligitimate reasons for not liking the corneals.  Maybe personal reasons or maybe something else. However I think alot of the hate is from simply not knowing what the Corneals are really about.  Are they incompetent and only in local football for greed and Power or are they fully capable and  in it for the improvement and development of national football?  I think that they are involved in local football for the right reasons - improvement and development.  Thats just my opinion.   It will be a time for change if it is proven that they are not fully capable or are not the best options for their respective jobs.  Until then, I have no problems with the corneals.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 02:13:01 PM by fatimarima »

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2008, 01:55:51 PM »
As much as people may dislike the Corneals, their positive contribution to local football has been significant.  Both as players and as coaches for trinidad they have made huge contributions.    Anton Corneal coached the u-17 national team to youth world cup qualification and he was involved in the senior world cup qualification as part of the technical staff if I am not mistaken.  Besides that, both Alvin and Anton have provided hundreds of players with the opportunity to get scholarships to US universities, as well as professional and semi-pro contracts abroad.  They have done this through their club ALCONS.  Training with Alcons was free and open to all players at all skill levels. Players like Mickey Trotman and Stern John were once a part of Alcons.  Belive it or not but The corneals have done a lot for local football.  I think tey have made far far far greater contributions than Hanibal Najjar ever made.
I understand that many people may have ligitimate reasons for not liking the corneals.  Maybe personal reasons or maybe something else. However I think alot of t hate is from simply not knowing what the Corneals are really about.  Are they in local football for greed and Power or are they in it for the improvement and development of national football?  I think that they are involved in local football for the right reasons - improvement and development.  Thats just my opinion.   
So Alvin why did we lose to Bermuda in 1967? And why did your second division club Maple have the most players on the national team in the early eighties? Just to see how forthcoming you are :devil: :beermug:
Live large and prosper!

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2008, 03:37:24 PM »
As much as people may dislike the Corneals, their positive contribution to local football has been significant.  Both as players and as coaches for trinidad they have made huge contributions.    Anton Corneal coached the u-17 national team to youth world cup qualification and he was involved in the senior world cup qualification as part of the technical staff if I am not mistaken.  Besides that, both Alvin and Anton have provided hundreds of players with the opportunity to get scholarships to US universities, as well as professional and semi-pro contracts abroad.  They have done this through their club ALCONS.  Training with Alcons was free and open to all players at all skill levels. Players like Mickey Trotman and Stern John were once a part of Alcons.  Belive it or not but The corneals have done a lot for local football.  I think they have made far far far greater contributions than Hanibal Najjar ever made.
I understand that many people may have ligitimate reasons for not liking the corneals.  Maybe personal reasons or maybe something else. However I think alot of the hate is from simply not knowing what the Corneals are really about.  Are they incompetent and only in local football for greed and Power or are they fully capable and  in it for the improvement and development of national football?  I think that they are involved in local football for the right reasons - improvement and development.  Thats just my opinion.   It will be a time for change if it is proven that they are not fully capable or are not the best options for their respective jobs.  Until then, I have no problems with the corneals.

First off Alvin,Anton was coach in name only. WiM Risjbergen coachedthis team to the WC. LEft to you and Anton we would not have made it.

Secondly yes we do feel and believe that you are only after power and as such you are very incompetent. How can you praise this team of incompetent players losing to Bermuda. BIAS!! which is your hallmark when it comes to picking or promoting players to a national team. No Alvin you dont love this country. You love yourself and your family which, in away is what is lacking in T&T among the african community, but not at the expense of the progress of the nation. YOu could care less if we qualify once Anton gets the necessary promotion and you get to put your grimy hands in the mixture that is the T&T national team. So please Alvin follow Hannibal's suggestion and leave our football alone.We as a country would be better off without you and your family.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2008, 03:55:32 PM »

First off Alvin,Anton was coach in name only. WiM Risjbergen coachedthis team to the WC. LEft to you and Anton we would not have made it.

Secondly yes we do feel and believe that you are only after power and as such you are very incompetent. How can you praise this team of incompetent players losing to Bermuda. BIAS!! which is your hallmark when it comes to picking or promoting players to a national team. No Alvin you dont love this country. You love yourself and your family which, in away is what is lacking in T&T among the african community, but not at the expense of the progress of the nation. YOu could care less if we qualify once Anton gets the necessary promotion and you get to put your grimy hands in the mixture that is the T&T national team. So please Alvin follow Hannibal's suggestion and leave our football alone.We as a country would be better off without you and your family.
why people responding to my post as if my name is Alvin?  ???   No body named Alvin post anything here!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2008, 04:04:52 PM »
Ok Anton or Mrs. Corneal u get d pt lawd fadder
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2008, 04:16:11 PM »
lol, allyuh makin dis a joke now.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2008, 04:19:24 PM »

why people responding to my post as if my name is Alvin?  ???   No body named Alvin post anything here!

MAybe because the fatimarima/Corneals ring a bell.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2008, 04:28:48 PM »
went fatima for o-levels then went Arima sr comp for A-levels.  hence the name fatimarima.  Played for arima in 92 for mike Grayson.  where does corneal ring a bell in that?

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2008, 05:03:12 PM »
went fatima for o-levels then went Arima sr comp for A-levels.  hence the name fatimarima.  Played for arima in 92 for mike Grayson.  where does corneal ring a bell in that?

Mike is my personal friend, also if you went to fatima you should be able to figure out the fatimarima/corneal connection.  Despite your attempt at an explanation there are few people in football who know the corneals that would defend them...especially Alvin as you attempted to do. Unless of course you were one of his "picks".
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 05:12:50 PM by sub1 »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2008, 05:23:08 PM »
Another Trini player and I went to play at the same college. we entered as Freshmen. He was an Alcons prdouct. The man give me some stories about his experience with that club. One that stand out was them (the players) paying a lot of money to come to the USA to travel and play. They pay money for 4 players to a room and when they get over to the states is 8 ah them in a room for the entire trip. All kind of fast food they eating. To top it of the players who get scholarship was not even the best players or students. They were from certain schools and communities.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2008, 06:56:24 PM »

Mike is my personal friend, also if you went to fatima you should be able to figure out the fatimarima/corneal connection.  Despite your attempt at an explanation there are few people in football who know the corneals that would defend them...especially Alvin as you attempted to do. Unless of course you were one of his "picks".
Sub1, Thats cool that coach Grayson is your personal friend.  He is a great coach.  It would be really good to see him involved in the national set up, especially at the youth level.   I have a lot of respect for all of the coaches I have played for including both of the Corneals but especially for mike Grayson.
 When I post my opinions about the corneals it is based on my experiences.  Honestly, from my experiences I think that they care a lot for the development of football in Trinidad.  Nobody is perfect, everybody has their faults, but these guys have made a significant contribution to local football and they should be given some credit.  I just find that they are getting bashed excessively and people are acting like they never did anything good.  By the way I was definitly NOT one of the corneal's "picks".

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2008, 07:21:39 PM »
We agree on 1 ting Grayson is a good coach he get caught up in d nonesense at Arima Snr and now Gustine benefitting from his expertise.

1]; } ?>