April 25, 2024, 04:40:16 PM

Author Topic: T&T's Hyland nears Portsmouth switch  (Read 3692 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T's Hyland nears Portsmouth switch
« on: July 03, 2008, 06:14:40 PM »
TT Guardian
Courtesy meh brederin home from today's edition

T&T and former Clico San Juan Jabloleh player Khaleem Hyland is expected to head back to Portsmouth within the next couple of days to complete a deal with the club which has kept tabs on him for the past few months.

Hyland and current Jabloteh players Atullah Guerra and Lester Peltier, were on the brink of moving to the English Barclays Premiership club last season but due to the lack of international appearances needed in order to be granted a work permit by the UK I-Tome Office of Employment and a lack of co-operation on the part of some local T&T Football Federation officials the deal never materialised.

During their time in England, Hyland, Peltier and Guerra had trials at Arsenal, Portsmouth, Millwail and Scottish champions, Celtic who were reportedly prepared to pay £450,000 for Hyland and on a three-year contract.

Contacted for comment, Jabloteh coach, Terry Fenwick who was the man responsible of getting the trials organised for the trio said, 'Hyland's move abroad is imminent.

Fenwick added, "He is just awaiting his work permit and we are very confident that it will be approved this time as he has been a permanent fixture on the national for the past year!'.

Dutch powerhouse Ajax of Amsterdam were also said to be chasing the signature of Hyland last season and was rumoured to be willing to pay a similar fee to Celtic while offering Jabloteh 20 per cent of any sell- on fee.

Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T's Hyland nears Portsmouth switch
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 06:17:17 PM »
HMMM UH As Panday say wake meh up when he sign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 06:24:57 PM »
What i find even more disturbing is that people on here find that these guys are not good enough or should not get a chance to play for T&T because they are locals/inexperienced,i mean foreign clubs find that they are good enough,why our foreign players find they not good enough to play together with them.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 08:23:20 PM by Coop's »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 06:28:23 PM »
What i find even more disturbing is that people on here find that these guys are not good enough or should not get a chance to play for T&T because they are locals/inexperienced,i mean foreign clubs find that they are good enough,why our foreign players find they good enough to play together with.
Thank yuh !
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 06:31:16 PM »
Who hear say Hyland eh good nobody all we sayin if he unattach and gettin a run other unattach men wit more experience should get a run. All yuh remember when Bradford City wanted Latas did he get d work permit no he did not. So no matter who want yuh eh mean u go reach in d EPL
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 06:31:35 PM »
Forren teams want to Develop these players so that they could sign them for big money in a few years to bigger clubs.
it is very rare for a player to play at the highest level right away...................No?
The forren teams we play against have "seasoned" players while we want to have a set of "potentially" good players to play against those forren teams....that to me is why we need our forren based players.....they have developed over the last few years to be MUCH better than a local player in TnT.
Yes it is Great to appreciate the potential of a local based player yet it is prudent to accept that player's "shortcomings" and have the forren based on the team.

we ALL know for a FACT that if the Local league was developed enough to allow those same forren based players to play in TnT there would be NO forren versus local debate at all as these same players would be chosen right away
but then again we dealing with the cormeals...so anything goes
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 06:35:48 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 07:50:53 PM »
What i find even more disturbing is that people on here find that these guys are not good enough or should not get a chance to play for T&T because they are locals/inexperienced,i mean foreign clubs find that they are good enough,why our foreign players find they good enough to play together with.

Wit all due respeck, fuh a big man WHO KNOW BETTER, yuh does talk some dotishness sometimes yuh know.

YOU KNOW dat foreign clubs pick YOUNG PLAYERS so that they can develop them

YOU KNOW that 95% of the time, these YOUNG PLAYERS are not anywhere ready for Senior International football

YOU KNOW that it takes time for these YOUNG PLAYERS to develop their game to the point where they can effectively compete in the international arena

YOU KNOW all this but yet you choose to pander to peeps who agenda is to pit local vs foreign, as if the foreign based players are somehow not Trinbagonians too.

All of this makes no sense because these same YOUNG PLAYERS will in time become "foreign based" and then de same people go accuse them of tekkin locals spots on de team.

Come on man Coop's...YOU KNOW BETTER!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 08:02:45 PM »
atulla and peltier get burneddd
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 08:36:44 PM »

Wit all due respeck, fuh a big man WHO KNOW BETTER, yuh does talk some dotishness sometimes yuh know.

YOU KNOW dat foreign clubs pick YOUNG PLAYERS so that they can develop them

YOU KNOW that 95% of the time, these YOUNG PLAYERS are not anywhere ready for Senior International football

YOU KNOW that it takes time for these YOUNG PLAYERS to develop their game to the point where they can effectively compete in the international arena

YOU KNOW all this but yet you choose to pander to peeps who agenda is to pit local vs foreign, as if the foreign based players are somehow not Trinbagonians too.

All of this makes no sense because these same YOUNG PLAYERS will in time become "foreign based" and then de same people go accuse them of tekkin locals spots on de team.

Come on man Coop's...YOU KNOW BETTER!
      Palos i'm just being sacastic when i say the things i said because of what i read on here every day,people on here just change their storys to justify their means,i know and understand what you are saying i'm in this game long time,evrybody have their views and uptions and i respect that,i don't go overboard and tell them they talking shyt i just leave them to feel how they want to feel,so far you all will realize i form and have my own opinions i just try to share them with who ever wants to listen/read,it seems to me sometimes like this site is trying to get rid of people who have something different to say or don't go along with what the forum likes. 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 09:02:46 PM by Coop's »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 08:59:30 PM »
its about time.  Now bring back Birchall for his chance.  But i waiting to see it confirm before i believe this

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 09:20:39 PM »
Nearly is a mile so we go c how near he really is

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 10:31:59 PM »
Palos i'm just being sacastic when i say the things i said because of what i read on here every day,people on here just change their storys to justify their means,i know and understand what you are saying i'm in this game long time,evrybody have their views and uptions and i respect that,i don't go overboard and tell them they talking shyt i just leave them to feel how they want to feel,so far you all will realize i form and have my own opinions i just try to share them with who ever wants to listen/read,it seems to me sometimes like this site is trying to get rid of people who have something different to say or don't go along with what the forum likes. 

My bad Coop's.  I didn't read de sarcasm play.  I SHOULDA KNOW BETTER.  Apologies man.  :beermug:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 11:22:57 PM »
My bad Coop's.  I didn't read de sarcasm play.  I SHOULDA KNOW BETTER.  Apologies man. 

allyuh like shit yes... ;D  let meh guess 2 ah allyuh hugging up in ah snackit drinking 2 cold carib...
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 11:28:37 PM »
 :beermug:
wish the youth all the best if this actually come thru, i like this fella game.

Offline pompey_researcher

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 02:57:13 AM »
And no one even send sme a PM to highlight this  :devil:

Interesting stuff

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 07:15:19 AM »
Hyland and current Jabloteh players Atullah Guerra and Lester Peltier, were on the brink of moving to the English Barclays Premiership club last season but due to the lack of international appearances needed in order to be granted a work permit by the UK I-Tome Office of Employment and a lack of co-operation on the part of some local T&T Football Federation officials the deal never materialised.

McComie is part of the TTFF? Cos i can't figure out who they talking about...Can't be wim...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2008, 08:30:41 AM »

My bad Coop's.  I didn't read de sarcasm play.  I SHOULDA KNOW BETTER.  Apologies man.  :beermug:
        Palos thanks Breds,i cool i enjoy the views. 

Offline TTR- 78 Batch

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2008, 09:08:55 AM »
like sometimes we tend to forget the purpose of a forum. We must be reminded that this forum is a place to give an opinion. It seems to me, some people want to give their opinion and at the same time, influence everyone elses opinion. If we want this forum to keep growing and keep being a success, we must stop the forum policing, and forum bullying we see here on a daily basis. I mean who am I, to tell a man he talking dotishness, just because he choose to go a different route to me.
Especially knowing that I also have the option not to respond to his post.
If we have a forum with everybody giving and sharing the same views, we might as well spend our time watching TV. In school our teacher use to tell us that there is no such thing as a stupid question. I believe once a person give his opinion in an ethical and respectful way, they should not be subjected to abuse.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 09:11:16 AM by TTR- 78 Batch »

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008, 11:22:00 AM »
COOPS. when is Norfolk Carnival. This month right?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2008, 11:38:22 AM »
COOPS. when is Norfolk Carnival. This month right?
        Yes it's some time this month it seems because i does get a lot of adds for fete etc posted on my Computer,i'm not insinct with the Carnival because i've never been to any Carnival,if Carnival can't be like home i can't enjoy it,i see they have shows with no Trini artist performing i mean what kind of shows is that. 

1]; } ?>