April 23, 2024, 02:10:12 PM

Author Topic: Jabloteh slam national snubs.  (Read 8099 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jabloteh slam national snubs.
« on: July 02, 2008, 09:35:57 PM »
Jabloteh slam national snubs.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).
[/size]

If Trinidad and Tobago national football team coach Francisco Maturana is shopping for fresh talent for the "Soca Warriors," he does not seem to think that Clico San Juan Jabloteh is the right outlet.

Maturana selected 20 players to prepare for the country's CONCACAF 2010 World Cup qualifying semi-final round but defending 2007 Pro League champions and current domestic leaders, Jabloteh, were again largely ignored apart from a lone pick in the form of 20-year-old playmaker, Ataullah Guerra.

Jabloteh coach and former England international defender Terry Fenwick did not hold his tongue on the issue.

"We are finding it very difficult to reason why Jabloteh's players are being ignored at national level," said Fenwick.

"We have only one player called up for the coming internationals. I mean no disrespect to the other clubs but we have a better squad and better players, which is why we are on top of the league.

"It can't be right we are on the top of the league and have such a young and almost entirely local squad and yet they are looking down the table for players."

Jabloteh hammered United Petrotrin 3-0 on Tuesday evening yet four Petrotrin players were summoned compared to one from the winning team.

Bottom placed Pro League outfit, Defence Force, outnumber Jabloteh by the same margin in the national set up.

The Colombian, since his debut outing against Guadeloupe in February, has shared 813 minutes of playing time between six soldiers.

Guerra was the only Jabloteh player to represent his country in the same eight game period-he played for five minutes against Grenada and 18 minutes against Barbados .

Fenwick complained at having to restore Guerra's confidence after each international fixture.

Guerra, like teammate Lester Peltier and free agent Khaleem Hyland, sparked interest from several British clubs including Portsmouth and Celtic last year.

But, while Hyland became an international fixture after ditching Jabloteh, Guerra barely managed two caps.

Guerra was selected in the national squad for their centennial match against England on June 1 but was dropped, two days before the fixture, to facilitate a cameo by Sunderland player and 2006 World Cup captain Dwight Yorke.

"Guerra has been outstanding for Jabloteh (this season) and is a tremendously gifted player," said Fenwick.

"He is six foot two, strong and wiry with a really good turn of pace. I am looking around the national team at the moment and I really cannot see anyone who matches him in terms of ability while he works his socks off too for Jabloteh

"I thought his treatment for the England game was very poor. Not only was he dropped but his money was cut although he trained every day with the squad. That should have been handled a lot better than it was.

"In my eyes, looking at the games that I have seen, I think he is ahead of a lot of the starters and that includes the foreign players."

Fenwick insisted that Jabloteh made their players available for national training whenever possible and claimed the club does more for the local game than their chief rivals, W Connection, Bmobile Joe Public and Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA.

"If you look at the other three big clubs, they are filled with foreigners," he said.

"We are trying to do the right thing to assist the national team and we have to ask ourselves what we are doing wrong."

He recommended teenaged box-to-box midfielder Devon Jamerson, central defender Karlon Murray and midfield organiser and captain Trent Noel as players who could immediately make a positive impact on the national squad along with former World Cup full back Cyd Gray, who is returning from injury, and, of course, Guerra.

"Anyone who saw Trent (Noel) against Petrotrin's (national midfield regular) Keon Daniel on Tuesday," said Fenwick, "would have to say the national selectors are mad.

"Daniel is a very good player but we have a couple of months before the qualifiers and we cannot wait for players to develop.

"We need players who are of age and are performing now."

National team manager David Muhammad was engaged when contacted by the Express and declined comment.

From all indications, though, Maturana does not seem to agree with the Englishman.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 03:36:01 AM by Flex »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Jabloteh slam national snubs
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 09:52:18 PM »
Terry cyah have it both ways.

Let's say what he is saying is true, he constantly prevents his players from training with the National team and pulling them out of important training sessions prior to international games due to "club commitments".

I suspect if Jabloteh's players are not getting selected, Jabloteh's actions & attiitude and those of the team management towards the National set up are largely to blame for the omission of those players.

That said....cuttin off yuh nose to spoil yuh face as the TTFF MAY be doing in this case is not right either.

Jes another bacchanal day in bacchanal country.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 10:05:05 PM »
I agree with Terry to some extent... Jabloteh has some gifted Local Talent and they continue to be ignored...  There is at least 6 players in the Pro League deserving of a call up in the Corneal Local Squad ... So once again..the selectors have got it wrong

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 12:57:28 AM »
he should speak as though he is addressing Corneal himself
am sure that would of sparked some more attention :devil:

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 01:16:48 AM »
He should of call out Anton Cornell and give him verbal punches left and right.  Anton only there cause of his father and he speaks spanish.  He aint do nothing to earn the right to choose the national team

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 03:15:51 AM »

Let's say what he is saying is true, he constantly prevents his players from training with the National team and pulling them out of important training sessions prior to international games due to "club commitments".

I suspect if Jabloteh's players are not getting selected, Jabloteh's actions & attiitude and those of the team management towards the National set up are largely to blame for the omission of those players.

First thing i thought as soon as i see the title of the thread...

Let me read the article now eh ;D
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 05:48:32 AM »

That said....cuttin off yuh nose to spoil yuh face as the TTFF MAY be doing in this case is not right either.

Yep....yuh sum it up for me dey....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 05:50:27 AM »

Possible agenda aside, Terry is still right.
Why is only Guerra selected from Jabloteh? If Maturana/Corneal all for the youth and development, the first place he should look at is Jabloteh!
As much as men eh like Renwick for what he do, you hadda remember TTFF isn't exactly the cleanest entity either, it take two hands to clap.
As far as i remember Fenwick started pulling players from National training after he was burned by the fact he released players for the National squad to play some games outside the window and wound getting them back a day before an important CONCACAf game sandwiched by pro league fixtures, whereas Joe Public had a much more lenient fixture list?

wasn't that it, somebody please inform me...

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
Re: Jabloteh slam national snubs.
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 06:07:11 AM »
All issues aside, if they can pick Guerra they can pick the others.

I agree with Fenwick.

Offline TTR- 78 Batch

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 06:41:23 AM »
Is only in T&T, you could have a situation where petty politics and ah- soleness, could prevent a small country with limited options from doing what ever it takes to get they absolute best players selected, for WCQ football.
When them forign team refuse to send their players, for what ever reason, we does have to humble, but Jabloteh is local so that is another story.

With all the shit that going down. Do we really deserve a spot in that 2010 finals??????????????????????????????????????????

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 06:47:47 AM »
Yuh mean de same Jabloteh dat does pull dey players from training with de national squad because of club commitments???
You fuh real?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 07:05:17 AM »
Why should Jabloteh operate any different from Sunderland or Man U or whoever? Is a professional outfit right? Because dey local mean they have more lax standards? Just like any of these international clubs, if they have important fixtures, they pull their players to focus on club commitments. I doh see the problem. It seem to be working out well for them. Maybe is the other teams that slipping in not following that standard.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 07:07:33 AM by Dry So »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 07:27:19 AM »
Jabloteh have every right to operate like sunderland or man U. But they should expect to get cuss de same way too. Keane and Ferguson get dey share when dey try to hold back players from coming for matches on approved dates and dey even get cuss for holding back players from games on dates that weren't approved.

I guess I didn't make my point clearly but I was taking issue with TTR-78's comments:
When them forign team refuse to send their players, for what ever reason, we does have to humble, but Jabloteh is local so that is another story.
I really don't see what dat has to do with the Jabloteh players not being selected. Dat fuh me is a separate issue.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 07:49:46 AM »
Fenwick right............Corneal is ah cudders munt!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 07:55:24 AM »
steups..

Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!

What is being accomplished by blacklisting the Jabloteh players (our best source of local based players), out of plain spite and badmind? What point is that proving? Is sabotaging our national team worth the pettiness?

Its time to bury the hatchet and get our best players available.

Imagine our team now is comprised of players fronting struggling pro league teams.

Steups.

I with Fenwick on this one.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 07:56:21 AM »
He recommended teenaged box-to-box midfielder Devon Jamerson, central defender Karlon Murray and midfield organiser and captain Trent Noel as players who could immediately make a positive impact on the national squad along with former World Cup full back Cyd Gray, who is returning from injury, and, of course, Guerra.
[/b]

Agreed!

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 08:24:41 AM »
steups..

Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!

Only when it suits de Special Advisor.....
 Is sabotaging our national team worth the pettiness?
De TTFF/Jack doh know how to operate in any other manner....

Its time to bury the hatchet and get our best players available.
We wish it to be so....

Imagine our team now is comprised of players fronting struggling pro league teams.
Dais your opinion, Cornmeal Maturana doh fine so....dey could make de grade man... ::)
Steups.

I with Fenwick on this one.
To your own peril....let Jack find out.... :devil:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

TrinInfinite

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 09:27:20 AM »
hes right about trent and guerra, but fellahs like theobald and hardest from caledonia and they are still out of the fold, so really terry, cool yuhself, guerra in the list for the next set of games so why he so worried, guerra is the best youth in tt right now, trent good but bleeder better in my opinion, every manager go complain, but this is the same man who keep back players from playing for the national team before, so why he crying wolf all of a sudden? with the exception of guerra of course

God is de BOSS...

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 09:58:31 AM »
What's happening here is everybody right,it's the reason why we can't have unity in our Football today,i thought the consensus here is that our local players not ready,our best players play overseas for a reason and they should be the ones representing T&T,i like all the ideas/views people have but when are we going to come to some conclusion on who are the best players to get the job done?  

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 10:04:43 AM »
What's happening here is everybody right,it's the reason why we can't have unity in our Football today,i thought the consensus here is that our local players not ready,our best players play overseas for a reason and they should be the ones representing T&T,i like all the ideas/views people have but when are we going to come to some conclusion on who are the best players to get the job done?   

i want the best players to be selected regardless..

i dont care if they come from the premier league, lower european leagues, pro leagues or whether they unattached like Hyland as long as they are the best of whats available to us.

What is happening is you have a combination of the blacklist, then you have the Corneals pushing their agenda and ignoring players outside their circles, and now this sidelining of the Jabloteh players.

Put together we have a crop of players that is nowhere near the quality we should be fielding.

That 'conclusion' is unanimous at this point.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 10:37:57 AM »

i dont care if they come from the premier league, lower european leagues, pro leagues or whether they unattached like Hyland as long as they are the best of whats available to us.

What is happening is you have a combination of the blacklist, then you have the Corneals pushing their agenda and ignoring players outside their circles, and now this sidelining of the Jabloteh players.

Put together we have a crop of players that is nowhere near the quality we should be fielding.

i dont know if we will ever see our best team to be totally honest, it takes a neutral person to do this and a person who knows how to identify talent, then you need a coaching staff to harness that talent... too much politics and not enough football

God is de BOSS....

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 10:41:46 AM »

i dont know if we will ever see our best team to be totally honest, it takes a neutral person to do this and a person who knows how to identify talent, then you need a coaching staff to harness that talent... too much politics and not enough football

God is de BOSS....
very well said there
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2008, 10:43:50 AM »
Just once I'd like to read a Maturana reference without having to read yet again that he's a "qualified dentist"... or a Fenwick reference without having to read that he drives an X5 or is a "former England international defender"...steups.  What dat have to do with the price of Milo in HiLo?

Anyways... Fenwick has a valid point, whether we agree or disagree with his past decisions to not release players for training, that doesn't give the TTFF a right to preemptively strike them from the pool of national players as it appears they are doing.  By excluding Jabloteh they're not spiting the club in the least...all they're doing is spiting the players and 'spiting' the national team by keeping good players out the pool.

Silly and small-minded...IF this (blacklisting Jabloteh players) is indeed what's going on.

Offline TTR- 78 Batch

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2008, 11:09:35 AM »
Yuh mean de same Jabloteh dat does pull dey players from training with de national squad because of club commitments???
You fuh real?

Yes Mose dat is the same Jabloteh. Don't forget clubs are entitle to have club commitments, and take them very serious. If TTFF can't get they act together everybody else must grind to a standstill or move at the slow-stop pace of the TTFF. At the end of the day Jabloteh is by far the most successful and organized club in T&T, with plenty home grown talant to booth. maybe that is because they very serious about they club commitments. Mose I say pick the best of the lot

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2008, 11:53:59 AM »

Palos Ah find yuh went real "status Quo" dey and at lease midknight didnt even read the article yet but you seem to throw Fenwick into the same old same old too quickly. The man make great points and fully addressed the fact that his players were allowed to train which you claimed as your gripe. I think you should re-evaluate your position on this because like SM said its more a case of the selectors again getting it DEAD WRONG>
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 12:56:27 PM »
2 wrongs doh make a rite but since we eh Man U we cyah bhave like we is 1 so meh eh sheddin a tear 4 Fenick and he bois he made he bed so he go have  lie in it
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2008, 07:11:19 PM »

Palos Ah find yuh went real "status Quo" dey and at lease midknight didnt even read the article yet but you seem to throw Fenwick into the same old same old too quickly. The man make great points and fully addressed the fact that his players were allowed to train which you claimed as your gripe. I think you should re-evaluate your position on this because like SM said its more a case of the selectors again getting it DEAD WRONG>

Buh he right. Is jus a matter of two entities arguing over who piggy bigger. But if yuh always having a problem with Jabloteh players and training, especially when you believe that your club commitments more crucial...and they getting leave out...wha yuh expect? Is like a parent banning she son from going out and sweating with the neighbourhood children for all sorts of reasons...exams...housework to do....discipline.....and then vex cause nobody doh call she son out to play. I really long for the day when personal vendettas and grouses can be put aside and our football moves foward.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2008, 07:29:26 PM »
Bourbon how much time u have 2 wait 4 d elusive dream 2 happen
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2008, 08:02:42 PM »
Is like a parent banning she son from going out and sweating with the neighbourhood children for all sorts of reasons...exams...housework to do....discipline.....and then vex cause nobody doh call she son out to play.

Not really feeling that analogy.

If Roy Keane refuse to release Jones and Edwards for training when he has the right to do so, would you then go and snub Jones and Edwards when they are available?

So why treat the Jabloteh players differently?

At the end of the day you want to pick the strongest team that will best represent the nation. And Fenwick has every right to express his opinion that the national team is excluding some of the nations more talented players.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 08:04:48 PM by dwn »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2008, 08:23:23 PM »
These are d same players who when dey get call 4 trainin cyah come because d have a club game and d game d SW have eh on a FIFA official date. So d thug want 2 have he cake and eat it 2

1]; } ?>