April 19, 2024, 08:58:31 PM

Author Topic: John looking to fire Saints against his old club.  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
John looking to fire Saints against his old club.
« on: August 15, 2008, 05:31:44 AM »
John looking to fire Saints against his old club.
By: Daily Echo.

Stern John will get the chance to fire Saints to a superb victory against the Championship title favourites before continuing his World Cup dream in Cuba next week.

Head coach Jan Poortvliet is set to give John his first start of the season against his old club Birmingham at St Mary's tomorrow.

The Trinidad & Tobago striker - who is in his country's squad for next Wednesaday's 2010 qualifier in Havana - was suspended for last Saturday's opening game at Cardiff following his sending off against Sheffield United on the final day of last season.

John, who scored twice in that 3-2 win to keep Saints up, was introduced as a 55th minute substitute for Jake Thomson in Tuesday's Carling Cup victory at Exeter.

David McGoldrick, who bagged a brace in the Carling Cup first round success, moved to right midfield to accommodate John.

McGoldrick has said he is happy to remain in that role if it allows John, who scored 19 goals for Saints last season, to be involved.

Poortvliet was impressed with the way John played in midweek and is likely to use him as the lone striker tomorrow.

The 31-year-old had played at St Andrew's from February 2002 to September 2004, scoring 21 times.

He also had success against his former side, finding the net against them in his only Premiership appearance with Sunderland last season before moving to St Mary's.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 08:28:09 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John looking to fire Saints against his old club
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 05:34:42 AM »
John looking to fire Saints against his old club
Daily Echo

STERN John will get the chance to fire Saints to a superb victory against the Championship title favourites before continuing his World Cup dream in Cuba next week.

Head coach Jan Poortvliet is set to give John his first start of the season against his old club Birmingham at St Mary's tomorrow.

The Trinidad & Tobago striker - who is in his country's squad for next Wednesaday's 2010 qualifier in Havana - was suspended for last Saturday's opening game at Cardiff following his sending off against Sheffield United on the final day of last season.

What's the real story...Fuentes  ???

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 07:16:58 AM »
Ah thought Stern eh get called for de Cuba game?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 08:19:53 AM »
Wha de jail is dis, any clarification here?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: John looking to fire Saints against his old club.
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 08:36:17 AM »
THEY WERE PROBABLY PERFORMING UNDER THE ASUMPTION that he would be called so they print it

no stern no peace

PRESIDENT OF THE STERN FOR GOALS COMITTEE
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 11:01:20 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's ah jouirnalist error on the TTFF part, i believe that come wednesday stern will be in the squad.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 11:26:00 AM »
D man taught it was a done deal dat SJ would b in Castro land
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>