March 28, 2024, 06:18:11 PM

Author Topic: FC Santa Rosa Thread  (Read 9287 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
FC Santa Rosa Thread
« on: August 24, 2008, 05:23:01 AM »
Don't know if you guys saw this before. Took a quick look. Looks impressive.

http://1stfcsantarosa.com/LATEST_NEWS.htm

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: FC Santa Rosa
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 06:56:11 AM »
dat is my old club. best team in arima  :D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 09:50:23 AM »
this the same club that used to play eddie hart league-Arimaman dis your club that we used to beat up consistently?   :devil:
the site look decent man. 

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 01:11:30 PM »
this the same club that used to play eddie hart league-Arimaman dis your club that we used to beat up consistently?   :devil:

LOL i never play in that league, only the eastern division. if i was there alyuh was not beating we  :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 05:35:15 PM »

Nah....dem men tief we name b/c we were very successful.... Wha ah go say?
Arimian to meh heart

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 04:19:11 PM »

Nah....dem men tief we name b/c we were very successful.... Wha ah go say?

well nah can't remember them but seem like a nice thing they have going on

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 05:25:38 PM »
After I leave trini in 1991, after Santa Rosa Ball Players dominate Eddie Hart league, all of a sudden, Santa Rosa FC show up.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 06:12:58 PM »
Nice website. How successfull is this organization. I remmember this being a Kieth Lok-Loy outfit. I thought they had a senior team that played in the eastern leauge, but I guess not.  20 years ago Arima velodrome used to lively with football. Memphis, etc.. They all gone thru. They have the stadium but no pro team. It is pity we can't move the stadium to Grande. But good luck to them. I hope the youths they training will be the nucleus for a senior team in the future. God Bless!!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 07:11:19 PM »
Nice website. How successfull is this organization. I remmember this being a Kieth Lok-Loy outfit. I thought they had a senior team that played in the eastern leauge, but I guess not.  20 years ago Arima velodrome used to lively with football. Memphis, etc.. They all gone thru. They have the stadium but no pro team. It is pity we can't move the stadium to Grande. But good luck to them. I hope the youths they training will be the nucleus for a senior team in the future. God Bless!!!!

they had a senior team but it never work out, they train in Arima senior comprehensive ground. talking about memphis , we had a game against them and d damn supporters start pelting stone because they was losing lol  :-\
Youtube Channel

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 08:15:09 PM »
After I leave trini in 1991, after Santa Rosa Ball Players dominate Eddie Hart league, all of a sudden, Santa Rosa FC show up.

Arima you play on de Santa Rosa under 19 champions team dat lost to Tringrove over 30 team in Eddie hart league ? You know de side wid Bennet and dem ?  :devil: dat side had national youth players but bounce up ah old man side dat manners dem in front de grand stand ...

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 10:31:33 PM »

Arima you play on de Santa Rosa under 19 champions team dat lost to Tringrove over 30 team in Eddie hart league ? You know de side wid Bennet and dem ?  :devil: dat side had national youth players but bounce up ah old man side dat manners dem in front de grand stand ...

Wayyysa, yuh know how long i eh hear Bennet and dem name call, grew up watching Brent and Sheldon Bennet kick ball  for Compre... They used to also kick ball with my big bros for a side called Samdoria in a community league in Santa Rosa too back in the late 80's/early 90's...
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 07:44:59 AM »

Wayyysa, yuh know how long i eh hear Bennet and dem name call, grew up watching Brent and Sheldon Bennet kick ball  for Compre... They used to also kick ball with my big bros for a side called Samdoria in a community league in Santa Rosa too back in the late 80's/early 90's...

Yep, I am Brent.  I eh know bout tringrove mannersing we nah.  We U14 was playing U19 and beating people.  When we all got to high school age, we used to dominate the senior division...of course Parliment was a pain in we behind..
Arimian to meh heart

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 03:33:37 PM »

Yep, I am Brent.  I eh know bout tringrove mannersing we nah.  We U14 was playing U19 and beating people.  When we all got to high school age, we used to dominate the senior division...of course Parliment was a pain in we behind..

jai ain't go let we forget that story.  champion of champions   :beermug:

upstarts rule eddie hart leahgue.  santa rosa had a good 1 year so only a 1 page file.  Tringrove ok was decent. 

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 08:21:51 PM »

jai ain't go let we forget that story.  champion of champions   :beermug:

upstarts rule eddie hart leahgue.  santa rosa had a good 1 year so only a 1 page file.  Tringrove ok was decent. 

Ha ha ha ..ah kyah badtalk upstarts since I played with them at under 19 ..one thing though Eddie hart used to bring een national players for every final so I eh know if yuh bring een keith Aqui and some ah dem malvern players and yuh win if yuh could claim Upstarts victory. Tringrove was always Tringrove, win , win or win ....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FC Santa Rosa Thread
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 05:24:00 AM »
Santa Rosa FC aspires for Super League spot
T&T Newsday

THE MANAGEMENT of 1st FC Santa Rosa is setting its sights on fielding a team in the 2012 National Super League.

To achieve this reality, the club has formed a men’s team which will participate in the Eastern Football Association (EFA) Second Division this season.

The team will be eyeing a spot in the EFA’s First Division in 2011, which will be a stepping stone towards their qualification for the 2012 Super League.

The club’s pre-season training will get going on February 22 and the Santa Rosa squad will be featuring in both the Under-14 and Under-16 Divisions of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) National Youth League.

Santa Rosa were the runners-up in the Under-15 category last year.

There have been a number of activities involving members of the club within the past few weeks, on and off the field of play.

On December 12, two of the club’s coaches Timothy Rochford and Anderson Veronique attended a Digicel-sponsored clinic for coaches of Under-15 players.

The clinic, which was conducted by coaches from English Premier League club Sunderland, was staged at the Queen’s Park Oval, Port-of-Spain.

Another development within the club was the appointment of veteran administrator Norris Ferguson as its Media and Public Relations Officer, effective December 2009.

Ferguson has been involved at the administration level of local football since 1989, having served as president of the Southern Football Association, an assistant general secretary in the TTFF, manager of W Connection FC, secretary of the Pro League as well as manager of the national men’s Under-20 team in the mid-1990s, under Keith Look Loy (who is the president of 1st FC Santa Rosa).

He currently works as a match commissioner in the Pro League and Super League, at the local level, and throughout the Western Hemisphere for CFU, Concacaf and FIFA matches.

Also at the management level, a pair of firms have come on board to assist the club this year.

BG TT (British Gas Trinidad and Tobago) has contributed to Santa Rosa’s 2010 community development effort in the districts of Arima and Biche, while the Trinidad and Tobago Mortgage Finance Company Limited (TTMF) will continue its partnership with the club, having jumped on board in 2008.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FC Santa Rosa Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 04:37:58 AM »
FC Santa Rosa to go global
T&T Newsday

FC SANTA Rosa’s drive for recognition in local and international football took yet another positive step with a decision to share their information with the global football audience.

This is being done through popular football website (www.simplyfutebol.com) which conducts the promotion of Latin American football.

Such a promotion will allow the club to, not only highlight the positives of the club as well as that of local football, but will also create an avenue where players can earn trials and contracts with clubs in Latin America and eventually the wider football community internationally.

In a release, club president Keith Look Loy also revealed other key decisions taken by the Eastern club that will assist them in their aim for promotion to the country’s top flight football league, the TT Pro League.

In addition to the search for corporate partnership, the rising football club now known popularly as “The Cannons” has been strengthening their team for actual competition.

Only recently the club announced the recruitment of former midfielder Jevaughn Vance and Theon James to their roster for the 2010 football season. Vance is the 2009 Secondary Schools’ Football League’s Player of the Year and was also among a selected All Star team from the league.

The St Augustine Secondary School football captain also copped the award for the Best Midfielder which is being called the Russell Latapy Trophy and the Player of the Year, which is known as the Dwight Yorke Trophy.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:49:04 AM by Flex »

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FC Santa Rosa to go global
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 06:01:59 AM »
theon aint tell me nutten bout dis...hard clout fuh dat..

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: FC Santa Rosa to go global
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 12:23:18 PM »
That site should be simplyfutbol.com without the e.

Here's the direct link

http://www.simplyfutbol.com/2010/04/fc-santa-rosa.html

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Santa Rosa pleads for artificial turf
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2010, 05:28:51 AM »
Santa Rosa pleads for artificial turf
T&T Newsday

THE ARIMA Borough Corporation has been asked by football club 1st FC Santa Rosa to install an artificial field at the Arima Municipal Stadium, as the club seeks entry into the 2011-2012 season of the Digicel Pro League.

In the club’s monthly notes, club owner and president Keith Look Loy pointed out that he advised Mayor Adrian Cabralis and his Council of the need for such a field, given the large number of matches played on the existing natural field.

Look Loy, a current FIFA official, is also keen on preparing an infrastructure development concept for the Velodrome, which will be presented to Cabralis and his Council.

The Santa Rosa club also has a page on global internet site Facebook. The page was created in March and it currently has a membership of 258.

As far as its player personnel is concerned, Jevaughn Vance, the 2009 Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) Most Valuable Player has rejoined the club after spending four years with Joe Public’s youth teams. He declined offers to represent Joe Public at the Pro League level, in order to help Santa Rosa seek a place in next season’s competition.

1st FC Santa Rosa is also attracting sponsorships, as Automotive Components Limited and VEMCO Limited have come on board.

Automotive Components Limited is a subsidiary of the Neal and Massy Group, and the Santa Rosa players will carry the logo of the Power Master brand on their shorts.

As part of VEMCO’s agreement, the Santa Rosa squads will sport Gatorade logos on their shirt, and they will also be provided Gatorade equipment.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Santa Rosa pleads for artificial turf
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 06:38:00 AM »
Everybody want a field and then they go cry for money to maintain it.

We need to utilize we resources better.

To much field and to much football seperated, we not big enough for that, it takes away from de community.

FC Santa Rosa and North East Stars should play at the Larry Gomes.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 06:40:52 AM »
Well Said Sam- Play Larry Gomes Stadium. The problem is maintenance and handouts.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 09:11:52 AM »

To much field and to much football seperated, we not big enough for that, it takes away from de community.

Dai's alright man, their MP go help dem out  ;)
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 02:48:27 PM »

Sam,
         I politely disagree with you on this one. Because of the distance I feel Grande and Arima should play on seperate grounds in their respective communities. They are seperate. I agree with Keith that the Velodrome should have a  turf field because of the wear and tear on the natural grass.  Now I think Jabloteh and AIA should be playing in Aranguez. The communities are less that 5 miles apart. They are one contiguous community. 

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2010, 03:14:23 PM »
They need to build a stadium strickly for fetes and leave the stadiums out of it.

On the topic, Deeks have a valid point.

I still cant understand how Police FC home field is Ato Boldon Stadium though.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FC Santa Rosa serve plate of revenge to Levi-less Marabella
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2015, 11:40:25 PM »
Santa Rosa serve plate of revenge to Levi-less Marabella
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

“Marabella is a good team,” said FC Santa Rosa coach Keith Look Loy. “They have good ball players and even a player with (Under-20) World Cup experience. They humiliated us 6-2 in the first game of the season, so we needed a win to get close to them and move up the table.

“And we needed a measure of salvation for the club to reverse that humiliation.”

Yesterday evening, Rashad Griffith was FC Santa Rosa’s redeemer at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya, as the Arima-based team eked out a 1-0 win over Marabella Family Crisis Centre, who travelled without their star player, 17-year-old attacker Levi Garcia.

Garcia, who will officially join Dutch Eredivisie club, AZ Alkmaar, on his 18th birthday on November 20, pulled out of the match with a sore ankle, after he supposedly suffered some rough treatment against Police FC on the weekend.

Marabella coach Terrence Boissiere spoke of Garcia’s impending exit like a new era for the CNG National Super League Premiership Division club.

“I would say this is life without Levi Garcia,” said Boissiere, as his players licked their wounds. “I’m glad it happened now because we have to prepare for that, as he is leaving on the 20th. I think we got the chances today but we didn’t make use of them.”

Twenty-six year old ex-2009 Under-20 World Cup striker Juma Clarence probably missed the Garcia effect more than most and he might have nightmares about a wasted second half penalty kick.

Look Loy conceded that his job was a bit easier yesterday without Garcia, although he pointed out that Santa Rosa was missing the more extravagantly named “Zico.”

“Keston ‘Zico’ Henry was absent with an injury, so we didn’t have his creative juices in midfield and we had to rely on hard graft,” said Look Loy. “Levi is a tremendous player and one of their key players. Yes, it helped (that he was not there) but this is football and you still have to go out and find a way to win.”

With Look Loy screaming instructions from the sidelines, Santa Rosa set out to frustrate the Marabella outfit, which was in third position and eight points off the top of the standings at kick off.

“We knew how they played,” said Look Loy. “We knew we had to hassle them and not let them play and that is what contributed to our goal.”

There was no hint of danger when Marabella stopper Brandon Neptune ran on to a loose Santa Rosa pass in his own penalty area in the 40th minute. Neptune could have cleared but opted to screen the ball out of play instead.

And Griffith surprised him with his spunk and ambition, as he nipped in to win possession before rounding Marabella custodian Rondell Renwick to score.

As if one suicidal error was not enough, Marabella winger Kurlan Khan presented Santa Rosa with another gift in first half stoppage time, albeit a violent one.

Khan had already outpaced Rosa midfielder Kashif Clarke and smartly cut across Clarke’s running path to make it impossible for the latter player to win the ball by fair means.

And then, inexplicably, Khan flung an elbow back into the throat of the chasing Clarke. Referee Rashby McPhee showed no hesitation as he flashed the red card.

“Whenever you are away from home and you have people in the stands shouting and coming down on the referee and even the (opposing) bench,” said Boissiere, “they put the referee under pressure. I don’t think it was that colour card.”

“It was absolutely a red card,” said Look Loy. “He threw an elbow and hit him in the throat and stopped his breathing for a second or two.”

Marabella might have lost another player for a similar infringement in the second half, as captain Ghmyo Harper struck Rosa midfielder Jean-Paul Aqui-Blanc with a forearm.

But, in this case, Harper was trying to untangle himself from Aqui-Blanc and McPhee decided a yellow card was enough.

It was McPhee who tied himself in knots, 13 minutes into the second half, as he awarded Marabella a dubious penalty kick.

Harper crossed from the right flank and Rosa custodian Kitwana Manning carelessly dropped the ball before rushing to retrieve it. Somehow, Marabella attacker Dwayne Edwards ended up on the floor inside the Rosa penalty box and McPhee ruled foul play.

Clarence stepped up to take the penalty kick but failed to even hit the target.

“We rode our luck today,” said Look Loy. “Although I don’t think it should have been a penalty in the first place.”

Boissiere felt that the mental demands of leading the NSL team were weighing on a player who was once a regular for Pro League superpower, W Connection, played professionally in Turkey, has two Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team caps and scored against Italy in the Egypt 2009 Under-20 World Cup.

“I think he was under tremendous pressure because no one is really coming up to scratch in terms of scoring goals,” said Boissiere.

Look Loy suggested a flesh and blood reason for Clarence’s quiet showing.

“Alfie (James) did a brilliant job on Clarence,” Look Loy beamed about his central defender, “and kept him out of the game.”

Against the run of play, Rosa had two chances to stretch their lead.

In the 78th minute, Rosa substitute Nicholas Armstrong, who replaced the injured Griffith, got to the byline and picked out an unmarked Gary Bart on the edge of the opposing six yard box. But Bart hit wide.

Then there was another horrible misjudgement from Neptune as he was caught in possession by Aqui-Blanc on the half-line and sprinted back to tackle the Rosa player from behind inside the penalty box. McPhee waved play on.

But, generally, the 10 men from Marabella bossed the game.

“Jovan, organise the team!” Look Loy shouted from the sidelines, at captain and central defender Jovan Rochford.

Rosa defended en masse and generally kept Marabella from their 18-yard box. But only just.

After Clarence’s miss, Harper abandoned his right back role and became an auxiliary attacker. He too got a golden opportunity, midway in the second half, but watched on incredulously as his low shot deflected off Manning’s trailing leg and went out for a corner kick.

“All of you, understand the state of the game!” Look Loy shouted at his troops, as the seconds ticked away.

But it could have been all in vain, as Clarence got behind a free kick from 22 yards out in second half stoppage time.

This time, Clarence’s shot hit the inside of the post and bounced back across the Rosa goal mouth and away to safety. The Marabella striker looked as though he had just swallowed a cup of spoilt milk.

“We had five clear cut chances and a missed penalty,” said Boissiere, “and the only chance Santa Rosa got, they put it away. So it is a lesson for us going forward.

“But we are quietly confident that we will win the league… We know exactly what we need to do now.

“This loss may take us down to sixth or seventh place (in the standings) but that is not the end of the world.”

In fact, Marabella dropped to fifth place with Santa Rosa just one point behind in sixth.

“We needed that win,” said Look Loy. “So we will take it how we get it.”

It came with a side order of revenge.

(Teams)

FC Santa Rosa (4-2-3-1): 22.Kitwana Manning (GK); 24.Jesse Reyes, 13.Jovan Rochford (captain), 5.Alfie James, 3.Kerron Reid; 8.Shaka Pilgrim, 11.Durwin Ross; 19.Gary Bart (9.Desmond Baptiste 90), 6.Kashif Clarke, 21.Jean-Paul Aqui-Blanc; 7.Rashad Griffith (12.Nicholas Armstrong 49).

Unused substitutes: 30.Darren Shah (GK), 17.Kearn Noel, 18.Shaquille Antoine, 23.Claudius Howard, 27.Kedan Crosby.

Coach: Keith Look Loy

Marabella Family Crisis Centre (4-2-3-1): 23.Rondell Renwick (GK); 19.Ghmyo Harper (captain), 5.Brandon Neptune, 4.Emmanuel Adams, 7.Dwayne Edwards; 10.Kevin Moodie (20.Anderson Morrison 54), 49.Yohance Alexander; 70.Renefor Martin (17.Akida Boissiere 50), 15.Linsie Sherwood (77.Arvid Applewhite 80), 33.Kurlan Khan [Red card]; 9.Juma Clarence.

Unused substitutes: 1.Tevin Moore (GK), 13.Keston Grant, 18.Husani Thomas, 27.Akile Jeffery.

Coach: Terrence Boissiere

Referee: Rashby McPhee

Man of the Match: Ghmyo Harper (Marabella Family Crisis Centre)

Premiership Division - (Thursday October 15)

FC Santa Rosa 1 (Rashad Griffith 40), Marabella Family CC 0 at Marvin Lee Stadium;

Club Sando Moruga 1 (Trevon Mitchell 85), Matura ReUnited 2 (Kerin Vincent 12, 15) at Grand Chemin Recreation Ground;

Bethel United 1 (Teejay Cadiz 79), Guaya United 2 (Ryan Stewart 58, Jody Allsop 89) at Montgomery Recreation Ground;

Tobago FC Phoenix 5 (Simon Nedd 26, Andel Brown 38, Stefano Wright 50, Shelton Williams 62, OG 87), Stokely Vale 1 (Krishawn Joseph 18) at Canaan Recreation Ground;

Petrotrin Palo Seco 3 (Wilian Garcia  33, Sylvester Teesdale 45, 83), Siparia Spurs 3 (Daniel Diaz 4, Chris Collins 76, Andy London 84) at Palo Seco Velodrome;

Police FC v WASA FC: abandoned due to waterlogged conditions at St James Barracks.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:53:57 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: FC Santa Rosa Thread
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2017, 03:49:42 AM »
FC Santa Rosa wants to play in Arima.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Arima football club Sports & Games FC Santa Rosa wants to make the Arima Velodrome their home ground for this season and beyond.

The new National Super League champion in the Premier Division, yesterday submitted a proposal to Arima Mayor Lisa Morris-Julien that could see the “Big Cannons” as they are now affectionately called, playing in Arima for the first time since 2012.

Their request came as no surprise as the move was one of four main objectives the club had set out to achieve when it entered the ranks of top flight football in T&T.

At the club’s awards ceremony at the Arima North Secondary School last year, its president Keith Look Loy reminded a large gathering of players, parents, friends and well-wishers that improving its image in the community of Arima was a priority. The club also intends to expand their community programmes, as well as seek financial viability and sustainability.

In a release yesterday, Look Loy said their request to the council was to repair the field at the Velodrome while his club will assist in the development of youth football, at both the primary school and community levels.

“Specifically, the club has offered to begin a youth programme in Calvary with coaches Marlon Guerra and former men’s national senior team assistant coach Derek King in charge,” Look Loy said.

Since 2012, the club has used the Marvin Lee Stadium in Macoya, Tunapuna, and the Youth Training Centre (YTC) on Golden Grove Road, Arouca, as their homes, as the Velodrome was not available. The club has since made tremendous strides in local football, including being promoted from the Eastern Football Association (EFA) tournament to the Championship Division of the Super League, to now winning the Premiership Division.

And Look Loy is now the driving force behind the establishment of a company called the T&T Super League (TTSL) that would allow super league clubs to run its own competition. They are awaiting approval from the parent T&T Football Association to decide on whether their organisation will be accepted as a member.

The TTSL has since been involved in sponsorship talks with various companies ahead of a June 11 schedule start and Santa Rosa wants to be at home when they attempt to defend their super league title.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2017, 04:33:36 PM »
You would expect that it would be "easy" or a no-brainer to accommodate Santa Rosa's desire to play in the Arima big yard(no disrespect to Larry Gomes), but let's see what come of this.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FC Santa Rosa appoint Derek King as new Head Coach
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2018, 01:10:32 PM »
FC Santa Rosa appoint Derek King as new Head Coach
FC Santa Rosa Media

FC Santa Rosa President Keith Look Loy presented Arima born Derek King as the new Big Cannon head coach at a media conference this morning in the Arima Towh Hall,

Prior to the end of the 2017 Super League season Look Loy had advised the club and its supporters that he would step down at the end of the season. The Big Cannons finished second.

Derek is a former Trinidad and Tobago youth and senior international player. He has previously won the TT Pro League title as a coach with Joe Public FC, and with Northeast Stars FC in 2017. Derek was also assistant coach to Stephen Hart with the senior men's national team.

"The decision to bring Derek into the Rosa Nation is based, not only on technical considerations," says Look Loy, "it is also a marketing decision. Santa Rosa is an established Arima brand, but so too is Derek King. Each has supporters. The unity of the two brands is good for all parties concerned - Santa Rosa, Derek King, Arima football, and Arima as a whole. This is another step in strengthening our financial base and in establishing the club as the flagship club of Arima sport."

"I am a born Arimian. This is a good move for me." Derek told the media. "I am comfortable financially and I am at home. I played my football in Arima and I can coach in Arima for an Arima club. Santa Rosa has a nice family atmosphere and I feel welcomed by the club staff and management. This season the objective is to regain the title (won in 2016), and to compete with the TT Pro League clubs in the FA Cup." .

The 2018 TT Super League season kicks off on Sunday 10 June. As usual, FC Santa Rosa will play in the Arima Velodrome, with matches kicking off at 6.30PM on Friday or Saturday, depending on the match.

RELATED NEWS

King takes over at Santa Rosa FC.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Derek king, the former North east Stars coach, is the new Santa Rosa FC coach. He was unveiled to the media at a press conference at the Arima Town hall yesterday, effectively taking over from the club's former coach Keith Loy who retired at the end of the last T&T Super League season.

King, a former national coach was signed to a one year deal, and yesterday he promised good attractive football in this year's T&T Super League, saying he fancies the styles of Brazil and Barcelona.

His main challenge will be satisfying a result - oriented Look Loy, who yesterday admitted that while he will not interfere in King performing his job, he will have demand on him getting good results.

King's job starts effectively tomorrow as he will attempt to guide the "Big Cannons" to the League One title for the second time in three years.

He promises to add a few players to his roster, some of which will be revealed next week, saying this club is among many Super League teams to be bombarded by interests from players in the T&T Pro League and other Super League teams.

King told the media as a young coach he is excited to work with Santa Rosa FC as he found it to be a family unit.

The club is set to celebrate its 26th anniversary later this year having finished runner- up to Hydrotech Guaya United last season. "I took up the job to win and it is what i am going to do," king said.

He will also play an integral role with the club's youth teams though that role has been taken up by Look Loy.

In spite of the club's desire for success, Look Loy said they will not pursue promotion to the T&T Pro League as he described it as a mine field.

As an Arima resident, King who also represented Arima North Secondary previously known as the "Dial Dynamos" comes into Santa Rosa FC as a perfect fit as the club continues to be the bed rock of the Arima community.

King takes over as FC Santa Rosa coach.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

DEREK KING, former assistant coach of the Trinidad and Tobago men’s football team, who led two clubs to TT Pro League glory – Joe Public (2009) and North East Stars (2017), have undertaken a new challenge as coach of TT Super League outfit FC Santa Rosa.

This news was announced at a media conference at the boardroom, Arima Town Hall, yesterday morning.

The team, also known as “Big Cannons”, has been coached by Keith Look Loy, its owner, president and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), who is also the president of the TT Super League.

Upon the conclusion of the 2017 season, which saw Santa Rosa finish second to Guaya United in League One, Look Loy stated his desire to pass on the coaching baton to a new face, instead of performing a dual role as club coach and organisation’s head.

King stepped down as North East Stars coach in February, after the Pro League kings implemented a wage structure which saw drastic cuts in salaries for players and members of the technical staff.

According to Look Loy, “I approached him. He said he was not only available but willing to do it. One thing led to another and so here we are.”

And King, the former Trinidad and Tobago central defender, pointed out, “When the opportunity arrived I took it with both hands. I believe we’ll compete, not only with the Super League teams but with the Pro (League) teams, in the FA (Cup).

Look Loy revealed that King was given a one-year contract and both will have special connections with the Eastern borough, having been born and bred in Arima.

FC Santa Rosa, who will be celebrating its 26th year of existence, will be using the Arima Velodrome, which has seen new lighting and soon, an upgraded field.

And the long-serving FC Santa Rosa boss stated, “This year we’re looking to play our matches on Friday nights and Saturday nights to maximise the appeal to the crowd and to maximise the gate receipts.

“FC Santa Rosa is one of the clubs in Trinidad and Tobago football that is not content to ask people for a handout or a favour. We want to generate our own income stream.”

King admitted that he is a fan of Barcelona and Brazil, and may want to use those styles of play with his team. However, Look Loy emphasised, “One of the challenges Derek will have is working with Keith Look Loy, who is a demanding fella. My ultimate demand is not about strategy or tactics, my ultimate demand is that the team must win.”

The 37-year-old King does not see a problem in moving a step down, from the Pro League to the Super League level.

“If you coach at the highest level it shouldn’t be a problem coaching in the Super League,” he acknowledged.

Look Loy made it emphatically clear that his club will not be entering the TT Pro League anytime soon, if at all.

“Not only Santa Rosa is receiving calls from Pro League players (but) other Super League clubs (are) being contacted, because they recognise that the Super League is a stable league,” he noted.

“If the powers-that-be, in Trinidad and Tobago football want to sit with the Super League and talk about how we can do better with the organisation of our elite football, specifically merging the clubs that belong to both leagues into a true united national elite competition, then we can begin that discussion immediately.”

FC Santa Rosa president/owner/CEO Keith Look Loy (left) congraulates newly-appointed team coach Derek King during a media conference at the Arima Town Hall yesterday.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 01:45:25 AM by Flex »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2018, 01:24:22 PM »
I like.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2018, 02:00:34 PM »
I like (Respect) much Look Loy's leadership. I thnk he's good for T&T Football. . .keeping DJW accountable.

Derek King is a proven Coach. . .Good choice
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

1]; } ?>