March 28, 2024, 07:29:42 AM

Author Topic: Guatemala vs U.S.A  (Read 11859 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Guatemala vs U.S.A
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2008, 10:18:50 PM »
Guatemala's attacks come mainly from the left side through Rodriguez. Ruiz plays well with a defender to his back and holds the ball well. I thought they played well enough to get a point. Howard made some big saves. Guatemala went to sleep on a corner and lost the game.  It will be a challenging contest against them. As they will definitely attempt to regain ground against is.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2008, 10:19:56 PM »
Goal USA off corner. Defense flat footed.  Bocanergra open for days.

de goal score at 10 vs 11 or 10 vs 10? and who get send off for Guatemala?

Not Cabrera? de same man who was supposed to be marking stern and get stick on the sidelines when he had to go change he shirt ?

Goal score at 10 vs 10.  Can't say for sure who got sent off for Guat.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2008, 10:21:30 PM »
Goal USA off corner. Defense flat footed.  Bocanergra open for days.

de goal score at 10 vs 11 or 10 vs 10? and who get send off for Guatemala?

Not Cabrera? de same man who was supposed to be marking stern and get stick on the sidelines when he had to go change he shirt ?

Goal score at 10 vs 10.  Can't say for sure who got sent off for Guat.

6 Gustavo CABRERA - Red Card
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2008, 10:23:57 PM »
Guatemala's attacks come mainly from the left side through Rodriguez. Ruiz plays well with a defender to his back and holds the ball well. I thought they played well enough to get a point. Howard made some big saves. Guatemala went to sleep on a corner and lost the game.  It will be a challenging contest against them. As they will definitely attempt to regain ground against is.

I think they are capable of attacking down either wing. Maybe they just liked what they saw on the left. Howard was alert and off the line in a timely manner. What about the ball across the box that resulted in a throw away? That should have been a tap in. Guat could have won that game.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2008, 10:31:18 PM »
the US winning that match (from what i see) could only be considered a hold up. But they won it. That is what big teams do. Similar to Mexico - Honduras, but without the flair on either side. Guate moves the ball around well though
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2008, 10:31:26 PM »
Hmm.  Gautemala ain't look bad with 10 men.  Applied a lot of pressure with 10 men.  They need a natural finisher though.  Good result for us, because Guatemal could well beat Cuba and steal points from us.  Not sure how we will deal with that hostile environment in Guatemala.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2008, 10:44:22 PM »
Well guys the ball in our court...now we have to prepared for Guat...and win one in T&T ....cause they will be coming with all gun's blazing to get back in the race..and we have to be ready for them

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2008, 11:50:09 PM »
Carlos Ruiz is ah dirty cheat....I can't stand players like him.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2008, 06:29:51 AM »
Guatemala is a shit squad dat TNT needs to put a flogging on ..
War..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Guatemala Stinks of dirty play.....
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2008, 09:55:33 AM »
I don't know if you guys notice but when bocanegro scored against guatemala and he was running past the goal a guatemalan player pelt ah kick at him,listen them real nasty boi.......

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2008, 10:26:23 AM »
I saw some of the highlights. That game was nasty. Those Guatemala players play are very rough.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2008, 11:20:04 AM »
Guatemala is a shit squad dat TNT needs to put a flogging on ..
War..

I hope you guys do.

They're some dirty mofos.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2008, 11:25:43 AM »
U.S. scores win at Guatemala

Eddie Lewis left with a gash above his eye that needed five stitches. Tim Howard was livid after Carlos Ruiz kicked him in the head. Each team had an ejection. Players yelled at each other after the final whistle ended a match with 40 fouls.

Yet, what mattered most was the United States began the semifinal round of World Cup qualifying with a victory on the road.

"We knew it was going to be difficult. We stuck together. It was a great team effort," U.S. captain Carlos Bocanegra said after scoring on a header in the 69th minute to give the Americans a chippy 1-0 win over Guatemala on Wednesday night.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2008, 11:40:52 AM »

- Xavi

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2008, 02:16:47 PM »
zeppo, you might need to put a date on that signature quote, cuz after watchin them two performances....is like sayin Rome is clearly the world super-power - ancient history.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2008, 02:59:36 PM »
When last a concacaf team outplay the us?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2008, 03:19:45 PM »
TT has won very few WC games in Guat. ever since we start playing in the WC. The last time we get about 5. I don't know why allyuh think we can go  into Guat. and take them out just so. Pacho better have a good game plan.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Scrappy match.
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2008, 05:51:13 AM »
During the Guatemala vs USA match I got the idea that Guatemala was playing superior football  and was lookingb as if they could beat anybody in CONCACAF,I was led to believe this by some of the posts.I read the report eventually and it turned out that it was a very scrappy and very physical match that saw two players sent off for violent play.Before the match heavy rains made the pitch very heavy and therefore good passing and skillful play was absent for most of the game.I see no reason why this Guatemala team should come to TT and try to "rough up"our players as they did to the US players,if we play the game we are capable of and dont fall for their game plan we will surely beat them.Yorke's presence in midfield will make all the difference,with him pulling the strings in the middle the Guatemalans would have to be extremely carefull,their situation is not to good ,no points and not wanting another loss.We just have to sit back and wait for them to leave some routes open.We winning this one.

1]; } ?>