April 19, 2024, 09:20:59 AM

Author Topic: Villareal vs Manchester United  (Read 5573 times)

giggsy11

Re: Villareal vs Manchester United
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2008, 05:30:34 AM »
Elan, Ronaldo is a traitor to your team? Did not know you cared so much. Are you a closeted United fan? Thanks for the support dred! United's failure to put away their chances was the reason the game ended up nil-nil. So Villareal hit the post, but United missed at least 3-4 chances.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2008, 05:52:59 AM »
I eh see de game yet just de score ..so I wont comment. I guess nobody eh see the game neither !!!

..not even dem Man united supporters who does be able to tell yuh what Christiano had for breakfast everyday ...
Imagine the European Champions playing at home with their top star returning from injury ..being held to a draw by a visiting team without its two leading goalscorers from last season... and de football experts and supporters on dis forum eh have no comment !!!
One supporter say is de sponsor crisis dat affecting dem ..... yes man ...all eleven ah dem in yellow !!!!
I go enjoy de game when I can and await de return in la madrigal ..the graveyard of many a team.
Man posting all kinda ting bout " why teams have to fear United " and all of ah sudden lose dey voice .... ah kyah even depend on a single analysis before seeing de game ...ah well

wow...

firstly...you miss the game?  this was your CL final and you miss it...talk about loyalty ::)

secondly...i saw the game and yuh side play ok...not good not bad... they defended and had 1 shot on target  ..funnily enough it hit the post

we dominated the game and deserved to win but it wasnt meant to be... we also had Gary Neville making his first competitive start since about 18 months ago... and Hargreaves and Park also returned... No Vidic,Carrick,Scholes,Berbatov and Giggs and Ronaldo came off the bench...

so dont act like yuh held Utd's first 11 .... very frustrating game from a Utd perspective...but from what i've seen from villareal...celtic will like their chances ...

Firsttly I missed the game because of responsibility....not a lack of loyalty. The choice was between a committment to my son and watching the game .....that was easy for me !
We dominated the game !!! ...you were playing at home in a home and away competition before your filled stadium ... have you not seen how visiting teams approach that scenario ? ....and you may be referring to the first half( which I did not see ) because from what I saw in the replay you might have looked but had trouble seeing.
I saw Villareal taking the fight to United with crisp one touch passing with the players extremely calm under pressure. The things we love to see ...with teams playing themselves out of trouble...were very apparent. I saw Villareal players chest trapping and chest passing with man breathing down their necks not the usual flick on in hope that characterises the english game.
It was difficult to find a weak link in Villareal. Of course united is a good team , they are the champions of Europe, but playing at home Fergusson would have envied pellegrini"s team yesterday. In fact the english commentator described Villreal's carved out chance as the play of the game ...and we did not score. pellegrini had said that Villareal will not change their style because they were playing United or away from home. we did not come to block up and counterattack and in fact enjoyed long possessions just outside the united box. As someone said the final pass was lacking ...and united has a good defense !
Instead of just sidefooting the ball goalwards Franco went for the spectacular flick ...he hit the post ! I am sure he was more disappointed that he didn't score than about what he tried to do.
So you name a whole set ah players that did not play but even when fit all ah dem eh playing at the same time...unless you think they will all be needed on the pitch at the same time when you come to Spain !
Let me remind you that Villareal played without their two leading goalscorers from last season ( Nihat and Rossi ) ...they will hopefully be there for the next game. three meetings so far and United has not yet registered a victory against Villareal, two of those meetings have been by you ...the next is by us !
remember the last time we were paired together we won the group and you came last and failed to qualify for anything !
Go and read again what I said about Gonzalo Rodriguez and Villareal before the game and see if I was far off...
I said injuries can affect the results ...man say I brakesin ..but after the game the biggest Man u fan is citing injuries ???? who really brakesin ???
man U is the team on the field not the team off it. they are less affected by injuries than Villareal because they have a much stronger bench ..they can afford that ! ...yet who crying out bout injuries ???
..and your comment about Celtic fancying their chances ...well I will put that down to just youthful exuberance !!! If we drew with Man united playing in old trafford Celtic will not scare us. give us some credit !!!
remember the spanish league is just starting ...united has played more games this season than us already .....
We will remember this conversation at the end of the season ......  :beermug:

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2008, 07:26:32 AM »
I eh see de game yet just de score ..so I wont comment. I guess nobody eh see the game neither !!!

..not even dem Man united supporters who does be able to tell yuh what Christiano had for breakfast everyday ...
Imagine the European Champions playing at home with their top star returning from injury ..being held to a draw by a visiting team without its two leading goalscorers from last season... and de football experts and supporters on dis forum eh have no comment !!!
One supporter say is de sponsor crisis dat affecting dem ..... yes man ...all eleven ah dem in yellow !!!!
I go enjoy de game when I can and await de return in la madrigal ..the graveyard of many a team.
Man posting all kinda ting bout " why teams have to fear United " and all of ah sudden lose dey voice .... ah kyah even depend on a single analysis before seeing de game ...ah well

wow...

firstly...you miss the game?  this was your CL final and you miss it...talk about loyalty ::)

secondly...i saw the game and yuh side play ok...not good not bad... they defended and had 1 shot on target  ..funnily enough it hit the post

we dominated the game and deserved to win but it wasnt meant to be... we also had Gary Neville making his first competitive start since about 18 months ago... and Hargreaves and Park also returned... No Vidic,Carrick,Scholes,Berbatov and Giggs and Ronaldo came off the bench...

so dont act like yuh held Utd's first 11 .... very frustrating game from a Utd perspective...but from what i've seen from villareal...celtic will like their chances ...

Firsttly I missed the game because of responsibility....not a lack of loyalty. The choice was between a committment to my son and watching the game .....that was easy for me !
We dominated the game !!! ...you were playing at home in a home and away competition before your filled stadium ... have you not seen how visiting teams approach that scenario ? ....and you may be referring to the first half( which I did not see ) because from what I saw in the replay you might have looked but had trouble seeing.
I saw Villareal taking the fight to United with crisp one touch passing with the players extremely calm under pressure. The things we love to see ...with teams playing themselves out of trouble...were very apparent. I saw Villareal players chest trapping and chest passing with man breathing down their necks not the usual flick on in hope that characterises the english game.
It was difficult to find a weak link in Villareal. Of course united is a good team , they are the champions of Europe, but playing at home Fergusson would have envied pellegrini"s team yesterday. In fact the english commentator described Villreal's carved out chance as the play of the game ...and we did not score. pellegrini had said that Villareal will not change their style because they were playing United or away from home. we did not come to block up and counterattack and in fact enjoyed long possessions just outside the united box. As someone said the final pass was lacking ...and united has a good defense !
Instead of just sidefooting the ball goalwards Franco went for the spectacular flick ...he hit the post ! I am sure he was more disappointed that he didn't score than about what he tried to do.
So you name a whole set ah players that did not play but even when fit all ah dem eh playing at the same time...unless you think they will all be needed on the pitch at the same time when you come to Spain !
Let me remind you that Villareal played without their two leading goalscorers from last season ( Nihat and Rossi ) ...they will hopefully be there for the next game. three meetings so far and United has not yet registered a victory against Villareal, two of those meetings have been by you ...the next is by us !
remember the last time we were paired together we won the group and you came last and failed to qualify for anything !
Go and read again what I said about Gonzalo Rodriguez and Villareal before the game and see if I was far off...
I said injuries can affect the results ...man say I brakesin ..but after the game the biggest Man u fan is citing injuries ???? who really brakesin ???
man U is the team on the field not the team off it. they are less affected by injuries than Villareal because they have a much stronger bench ..they can afford that ! ...yet who crying out bout injuries ???
..and your comment about Celtic fancying their chances ...well I will put that down to just youthful exuberance !!! If we drew with Man united playing in old trafford Celtic will not scare us. give us some credit !!!
remember the spanish league is just starting ...united has played more games this season than us already .....
We will remember this conversation at the end of the season ......  :beermug:

indeed we will

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2008, 09:31:23 AM »
Elan, Ronaldo is a traitor to your team? Did not know you cared so much. Are you a closeted United fan? Thanks for the support dred! United's failure to put away their chances was the reason the game ended up nil-nil. So Villareal hit the post, but United missed at least 3-4 chances.

The only thing closeted is who the traitor bf is.  :rotfl: :rotfl:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

giggsy11

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2008, 09:52:10 AM »

The only thing closeted is who the traitor bf is.  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Its okay, you don't have to admit it, but I know who you will be pullin for on Sunday. Your secret is safe with me. :-)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2008, 10:21:08 AM »

wow...

We will remember this conversation at the end of the season ......  :beermug:

damn!

well this thread could pretty much end with this post..

on to the 2nd leg.

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2008, 07:20:48 AM »
I think Ferguson made an error and probably had one eye on the Chelsea game. Irrespective of that, United should have put their strongest available eleven out there.

Two points dropped IMO.

1]; } ?>