March 29, 2024, 06:07:28 AM

Author Topic: Andre Boucaud Thread  (Read 13525 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Andre Boucaud Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2014, 07:52:10 AM »
I don't know if we should be surprised that Curacao can play football. They have Dutch lower league players on their team.Why should they allow TT to run all over them?  But I am glad TT did not score more, because we may have gone into next game with a false sense of security. I am glad that they made the CFU a qualifying tournament for Concacaf. It has certainly raised the level of play in the tournament. The previous tournaments, which was needed for the Caribbean region, did not have such incentives.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2015, 07:54:40 AM »
The last news of the summer transfer market ..... Monday 06/17/2015

Stay away! do not follow this link!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 09:43:42 AM by Flex »
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2015, 02:27:40 AM »
Boucaud happy with new Dagenham deal.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

English-based Midfielder Andre Boucaud seems to be happy at Dagenham & Redbridge after securing a new two-year contract earlier this month.

Boucaud joined on a free transfer from Notts County last year but with his previous deal was due to expire this summer, he has signed a new two-year contract with the English League Two club.

He made 45 appearances in all competitions for the Victoria Road outfit this year, scoring once in the 6-6 draw with Brentford in the League Cup.

The former Notts County player will join the T&T team next month in preparation for the CONCACAF Gold Cup in July.

“I’m quite pleased to have gotten the new deal with Dagenham. It’s been a tough, long season but personally I feel good being at the club and I’m happy here,” Boucaud said.

“I’m in good health at the moment and I’m looking forward to what’s coming up with the Senior National Team. We have a great opportunity heading into the Gold Cup and I’m very excited to see how things go for us there.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Daggers happy to see Boucaud back
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2015, 12:37:06 PM »
Daggers happy to see Boucaud back
By George Sessions (Barking and Dagenham Post)

Dagenham & Redbridge assistant manager Darren Currie was delighted to see Andre Boucaud back in action at Victoria Road after a busy summer for the Trinidad & Tobago international.

The 30-year-old helped the Soca Warriors reach the quarter-finals of the Gold Cup, but was unable to see them through as they lost on penalties to Panama.

Boucaud converted his spot kick, but Trinidad lost 6-5 and it ensured he was able to fly back to England ahead of Daggers pre-season clash with Charlton Athletic.

Wayne Burnett’s team were beaten 2-0 by the Championship side with Matt Partridge scoring an own goal and Tareiq Holmes-Dennis scoring an impressive free kick.

Although the international star only entered the pitch in the 73rd minute, he made a lasting impress and was involved in his teams best passage of play.

Currie said it was great to see Boucaud back and gave a strong hint that it could be him who takes the captains armband when Daggers play Portsmouth for the League Two opener on August 8.

He said: “We are all fans of ‘Boucs’ and he has been missed in the changing room. He is a big character.

“You can see from his 20-minute performance against Charlton that he makes people play around him and he is quite infectious when he is on the pitch.

“He wants to be on the ball and wants other people to be on the ball. He is very vocal and very demanding.

“It is nice to have him back. He got quite close in the Gold Cup, but from a selfish point of view I am glad he is back with us.”

Yesterday’s match gave Daggers fans the first opportunity to see new signings Matt McClure and Josh Passley at Victoria Road for the first time.

McClure struggled to get into the game and Passley wasn’t able to contribute too much in an attacking sense, but Currie believes the duo need time.

He is excited about the prospect of the pair, though, and believes they will both prove to be good additions to the squad.

“Both Matt and Josh are very good players and we are pleased to have them on board,” said Currie.

“Josh is a fantastic athlete and has got a big engine on him and wants to get forward. He wants to join in on attacks, he is a big, strong, powerful boy and he will be a real asset for us.

“Matty is one out of the Jamie Cureton, Rhys Murphy-type mould who is clever and has got good movement. He is physically strong, although he is not the biggest.

“I believe if we can keep him fit and keep him happy and he learns the things we ask then he will get goals for us so happy with the signings.”

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2015, 02:34:54 PM »
Continue training hard and giving your best on the field Boucaud  :beermug:

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2015, 04:19:32 PM »
Boucaud appointed Daggers captain.
Daggers.co.uk

Daggers boss Wayne Burnett has named Andre Boucard as the new club captain.
The 30-year-old midfielder signed for the Daggers in the summer last year and has made 43 appearances for the club so far with his only goal being against Brentford in the 6-6 Capital One Cup tie.

Andre also became the first Daggers player to score an international goal when he netted for Trinidad and Tobago in the Gold Cup.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2015, 04:50:41 PM »
Boucaud appointed Daggers captain.
Daggers.co.uk

Daggers boss Wayne Burnett has named Andre Boucard as the new club captain.
The 30-year-old midfielder signed for the Daggers in the summer last year and has made 43 appearances for the club so far with his only goal being against Brentford in the 6-6 Capital One Cup tie.

Andre also became the first Daggers player to score an international goal when he netted for Trinidad and Tobago in the Gold Cup.

Happy for him.. He deserves it...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2015, 02:41:46 AM »
Boucaud honoured by captain role.

T&T midfielder Andre Boucaud says he is deeply honoured by the responsibility given to him at English League two club Dagenham & Redbridge which will see him captaining the club for the upcoming season.

Boucaud joins a shortlist of T&T players to be named captain of teams in England including Ian Cox (at Bournemouth) and Carlos Edwards at Ipswich Town among others.

“It’s a huge honour for me and I’m deeply humbled by it,” Boucaud said.

“This tells me that the club has noticed something in me and they believe I can lead the team. That in itself is a big show of confidence in me and I’ll be looking to lead by example and hopefully see us through to a strong, solid season.”

Boucaud scored T&T’s second goal in their 2-0 win over Cuba to secure the quarterfinal spot at the Concacaf Gold Cup. He also converted his penalty during the shootout in the quarterfinal defeat to Panama in New Jersey.

“It was a good run for the team and now we have to focus on the World Cup qualifiers. I think it’s good that there are players like myself with the experience along with guys like Kenwyne Jones and the other boys who can hopefully lead by example and inspire the team to more success under the guidance of coach Stephen Hart in the World Cup qualification,” Boucaud said.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Andre’s keen to lead from front with the armband
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2015, 04:21:52 PM »
Andre’s keen to lead from front with the armband
By Ned Keating (Barking and Dagenham Post)

Andre Boucaud will be hoping to guide Dagenham & Redbridge to glory this season after being named as the club’s new captain.

Boucaud takes over the role in his second season at the club, having been led last year by former midfield partner Abu Ogogo.

Manager Wayne Burnett has placed his faith in the Trinidad & Tobago international to lead the team on the pitch and Boucaud says he feels priviliged to have been handed the role.

“It’s an honour to lead out the boys and I’m grateful the gaffer and the coaching staff gave me that opportunity and I’m going to do my best,” he said.

“There’s nothing more I can really do. It’s an armband, but at the end of the day, you have to lead by example and that’s what I’m going to do.”

Boucaud has missed much of Daggers’ pre-season schedule, instead representing the Soca Warriors at the Gold Cup.

During that time, the armband was passed around several of the players, with Ashley Chambers and Joe Widdowson captaining the side on several occassions.

So Boucaud freely admits he was taken aback when Burnett asked him to take over the role for the new season.

He added: “It was a bit of a surprise. He asked me who I reckon should be captain and what do I think about it?

“I told him if you want me to be captain, I’d take it. I’m privileged, but I’m very excited.”

While Boucaud may be eagerly anticipating the role, many pundits often state it can put a player under pressure to perform.

But the 30-year-old remains confident he can turn in performances of the highest calibre for the east Londoners once again this season, insisting it will not detract from his focus.

“I’m captain, but I’m still trying to do my best. I’m not doing much different. When I play, even when I’m not captain, I try to lead the boys and that’s what I’ll continue to do,” he said.

And as for the team, Boucaud says they are raring to go ahead of the opening match, adding: “The boys are ready. Everyone can’t wait for the season to start. It might be a bit erratic and a bit wild because everyone’s a bit nervous in the first game.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Boucaud happy to play the underdog
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2015, 04:24:45 PM »
Boucaud happy to play the underdog

New skipper Andre Boucaud hopes Dagenham & Redbridge can flourish in their underdog role this year ahead of the League Two kick-off at Portsmouth on Saturday.

Daggers warmed up for that clash with a 1-0 friendly win over a Crystal Palace XI on Monday, a match Boucaud thinks many believed the east Londoners would lose.

Aaron McLean, a former Robert Clack School pupil, came off the bench to score the winner in the 75th minute from six yards.

Following a shot from Ashley Chambers, Palace keeper Alex McCarthy palmed the ball into the path of the striker for him to net.

Boucaud believes that having proved the doubters wrong against Premier League opposition, Daggers can do exactly the same in League Two this season.

“We’re the underdogs every time. Even last season, every time we played, everyone thought we were going to lose,” said the midfielder.

“It’s a good feeling when you prove people wrong. Myself, I’ve proved people wrong. No one thought I’d play again in the Football League, but I’m back in the Football League.

“I’ve proved people wrong and I believe with all the young fellas here, that’s what we’ve got to do. Continue to prove people wrong and be confident within ourselves.

“Not over confident, but have a tight group and have everyone work for each other.”

Boucaud’s new role was announced during the club’s Open Day, where they also confirmed the signing of Matt Richards.

Saturday’s trip to Portsmouth will be Boucaud’s first official game since his unveiling as skipper and it is one he is relishing.

It’s a match that will also present new signings Nyron Nosworthy and Josh Passley with a chance to return to their former club, having both spent time on loan at Pompey last season.

But Boucaud confirmed his leadership style means he will be letting the team know what is expected from them against the title favourites when Saturday comes at Fratton Park.

He added: “I’m quite vocal. I like to enjoy the games as well. It’s very serious, but I think if you enjoy it you’re going to do well.

“I will try to encourage the players too. If someone’s doing something wrong I will give them encouragement and the confidence to play. I believe if you play confident, you’ll get more right results than wrong ones.”

The win against the Eagles is likely to give the team a confidence boost ahead of the Pompey game.

And the trip to London rivals Charlton in the Capital One Cup first round on Tuesday will be another chance for Daggers to prove their critics wrong.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2015, 02:21:09 AM »
Boucaud adapts to leadership role.

He made his debut for the T&T team in May 2004, third to Kenwyne Jones and Jan Michael Williams, who both made their international debuts in 2003. For the 2015/2016 season, Andre Boucaud was made captain of the Dagenham and Redbridge club in England.

Captaining a club in English professional football is a great deal and a huge honour in the game over there.

Currently preparing for tomorrow’s international friendly with Mexico in Salt Lake City, Boucaud reflected on the first set of matches this season leading the Dagenham team, describing it as a great responsibility.

“It’s been good so far. Obviously there is a lot more on your shoulders as a captain. Now once the team doesn’t do well in a match there are a lot more eyes looking your way and you have to answer for certain things. But the best part is being able to lead the team and show the way for your teammates. I think so far we’ve had a fair start to the season. We’ve drawn our last two games and just really trying to get into a good gear for the rest of the season,” said the 30-year-old midfielder.

“I think the fact that the club has decided to make me the captain shows that they saw something in me and I think they recognise the fact that I’m playing international football regularly and the national team has been doing quite good in recent times. So there are a lot of pluses at the moment and hopefully I can just carry on from here both for club and country.”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2015, 02:54:28 AM »
Boucaud backs Hoyte.

English-based midfielder Andre Boucaud is backing Justin Hoyte to prove that his selection by Stephen Hart for the two World Cup qualifiers against Guatemala and United States is a deserved one.

Hoyte has not been in the T&T side for quite sometime, missing the CONCACAF Gold Cup as well as the three international friendlies since July. His absence had been mainly due to the fact that he was without a club after being released by Millwall.

But now Hoyte is attached to Dagenham and Redbridge, the same club as Boucaud, and he has been getting in the minutes.

“Justin has a lot of experience. When you look at the clubs he’s played at like Arsenal and Middlesbrough as well as the England national teams. He has a lot to offer and I think he’s going to prove that he deserves to be in the national side,” Boucaud said.

“I know he’s very eager to do well and his heart is with the team. And to be fair he’s been doing quite well since he been to Dagenham and he’s impressed a lot of the people at the club. I expect him to fit back into the team quite well.”

T&T faces Guatemala tomorrow night at 9.06 pm TT time at the Estadio Mateo Flores.

“It’s great to be back in the team. I know the boys have been playing quite well and the competition for spots is high. I think everyone is in good form and I think we're going out there to give everything in order to get a win against Guatemala,” Hoyte said as he looked ahead to the start of the campaign.

beIN Sports highlights T&T

Major International sports network beIN Sports is placing some of its focus on T&T this week as they build up to their live broadcast of next Tuesday’s World Cup qualifier against United States.

The network announced the lineup of its exclusive content set to air throughout November.

The CONMEBOL, CONCACAF and African 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers, the highly-anticipated “El Clasico” match, Juventus vs AC Milan and other major events.

One of their tv crews followed the T&T team during its training camp in Fort Lauderdale and they featured head coach Stephen Hart and captain Kenwyne Jones. They will have a crew in Port of Spain next week.

beIN has headquarters in Doha, Miami, Paris, Barcelona and Jakarta. It airs throughout the middle east, North Africa, United States, France, Spain, Canada, Australia, Hong Kong, Thaliand, Philipines and Indonesia.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2015, 03:28:20 AM »
Boucaud: We matched them every step.

Andre Boucaud has been wearing national team colours for a long time. The English-based midfielder made his debut against Iraq in West Bromwich in 2004 before appearing against Scotland seven days later. His baptism of fire in World Cup qualification came in a 3-1 loss to Mexico in the second match of the 2006 World Cup qualification back in 2004.

He remembers as if it were yesterday.

“I’ve been in the national team for a long time but I remember it like yesterday. When we went to Guatemala for the game last week and I saw the way the stands were build like cages it reminded me a lot of when we also traveled to play Mexico in 2004 after we had played them in Port of Spain. Of course I had a layoff from the team for a few years but now I couldn’t be more thrilled to be involved with this team that is doing so well at the moment. Sometimes I just miss being around the squad when don’t have training camps or matches.

“And the way we played in these last two qualifiers, all things considered with what we’ve been through at some times, I won’t give up the chance for anything. I’m just really proud of the squad and the staff and then when we get results it tops it all off,” the former Reading FC player said.

“I thought we all pulled our weight, especially against the US. They never got away from us. Okay maybe there was a part in the second half when they had a good spell but we matched them right through and I think we were unfortunate not to score.

Had we gone ahead in the first minute, that would have been fireworks for the match and who knows what would have gone on to happen. But in the end I think we’re pleased with the start and now it’s just to look forward to these two games in March and off course the Haiti game in January because it would be massive for us to qualify for the Copa America.”

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2016, 11:14:30 AM »

Andre Boucard Post Match Comments after Trinidad & Tobago vs Guatemala 2-2 

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6xH5Npx5tVk&amp;spfreload=10" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6xH5Npx5tVk&amp;spfreload=10</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2017, 04:13:49 PM »
Dagenham & Redbridge midfielder Andre Boucaud warns it will not be as easy as people think at Guiseley

Andre Boucaud believes Dagenham & Redbridge will find it tougher against National League strugglers Guiseley this weekend than they would if they were hosting one of their title rivals.

Daggers head into the clash with the Lions at Victoria Road second in the table, while the west Yorkshire outfit only moved out of the drop zone with a win on Tuesday.

Trinidad & Tobago international Boucaud believes the club’s positions will count for little on Saturday, though, and knows the Essex club will have to be at their best to rack up a sixth straight win.

“It won’t be an easy game, it will be tougher than facing a Tranmere Rovers or a Lincoln City,” said the 32-year-old.

“The public would think we’d roll Guiseley over given the run we’re on and where we are in the league, but football’s not like that.

“The game won’t be won in one particular position, but as long as everyone does their jobs, we’ll be all right.”

After struggling for game time last season, Boucaud has enjoyed something of a renaissance this term, often dictating the tempo for Daggers.

Some suggest the turnaround in fortunes for the former Notts County man may be down to having a full pre-season with Daggers, while in 2015 he played for the Soca Warriors in the Gold Cup.

But Boucaud insists competing in the North American continental competition was not the reason why his form stuttered during Daggers’ doomed League Two campaign.

“It’s always good to get a proper pre-season, but I can’t say last year didn’t go well because I didn’t get a full pre-season,” added Boucaud, who played his 100th game for Daggers in a 4-1 win at Southport last weekend.

“I spent the summer in 2015 playing competitive games against world-class teams, so you can’t blame it on that.

“It is good to get a full pre-season, I remember last season when I came back the league games started almost straight away which made it difficult. That’s football, I had an opportunity to represent my country and I know most footballers would do that.”

Like Boucaud, Daggers have enjoyed a change in fortunes this season as they push hard for an immediate return to the Football League.

The smiles on the faces of players, fans and staff at Victoria Road appear to have returned after a season of struggles last term.

And Boucaud believes the upturn in results is partially down to the mental toughness of the squad, pointing to their come-from-behind win against the Sandgrounders at Haig Avenue last weekend.

“Last year was very difficult, as soon as you conceded you felt so low. Now, even at Southport we went a goal down, but it didn’t bother me,” said Boucaud, who also recently signed a contract extension through to 2019.

“I have that belief in the boys and the team, but we have to keep concentrated.”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2017, 05:04:06 AM »
Boucaud: Préparations have been spot on.
TTFA Media.

English-based defender Andre Boucaud has had a positive reaction to the four days of preparations among the 26 players for today’s World Cup qualifier with Panama at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Boucaud will hope to play a positive part as T&T goes after three points from 7pm.

“The week has been good. I think everyone has come together and put their heads and legs together to make things work and try to get in the best possible preparation for the game on Friday,” Boucaud said.

“Obviously we are in a tight position because we need to get a result but I think it helps us in that we know we have to be switched on throughout. The game has actually been played in our minds way in advance of the first whistle.

“What the head coach Dennis has brought to the team is something where he’s passing on his experience of knowing that back in 2005 the team was basically written off before results started to come and now we are in a similar position and it’s there for us to turn things around,” Boucaud said.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Searching For The Caribbean Soul Of English Football
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2017, 06:16:47 PM »
Andre Boucaud features in VICE’s article entitled “Searching For The Caribbean Soul Of English Football

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2017, 07:53:09 PM »
thanks Tman, good read

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2018, 08:33:59 PM »
Andre Boucaud determined to do all he can for Dagenham & Redbridge in late push for National League play-offs

Dagenham & Redbridge midfielder Andre Boucaud is determined to do all he can to help the team return to the Football League.

The Trinidad & Tobago international is one of few surviving members left at Daggers who suffered the agony of relegation from League Two in 2016.

After missing out in the play-offs last year, the Essex club still harbour hopes of a top seven finish this term, but know they will likely have to win five of their last six games to get there.

Daggers’ continue their late push for the play-offs at home to Woking on Saturday, and Boucaud says he will give it his all for the Essex club in their efforts to record a top-seven finish.

“I believe the Football League is where the club deserve to be, but just because we deserve to be there doesn’t me we’re going to get there,” he said.

“You have to put in the hard work game-by-game, which we’ve been doing.

“With everything going on behind the scenes, it’s been difficult, but when you go on the pitch, you have to black everything out and give it your all.

“The fans have seen in the last few games that the lads are giving it their all.”

Against Maidstone United on Monday, Boucaud took the armband from Craig Robson in a 2-1 victory.

It was an unusual step from boss John Still, with Robson having been skipper following Scott Doe’s departure in February.

But Boucaud was happy to help in any way he could, especially as one of the more experienced heads on the pitch.

“I’m one of the older boys, so I’m going to try to help the younger lads, but that doesn’t mean to say they can’t help me as well because I don’t know it all,” he added.

“We’re all in this together and just trying to push in that right direction to get the three points.”

As one of the older players, the experience the likes of Boucaud and Mark Cousins have could be crucial at this stage of the campaign.

And the midfielder is happy to pass on any knowledge he can to his younger colleagues.

“We’ve been there a few more times than the younger players, but we have to help everyone around us for that main goal, to push on and try to make the play-offs,” he said.

Boucaud will hope Daggers can make that play-off dream a reality.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2018, 07:03:43 AM »
WATCH: Dagenham & Redbridge captain Andre Boucaud reflects on the 2017/18 season.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/T3d_zWPWmZw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/T3d_zWPWmZw</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Andre Boucaud signs for Barnet FC
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2018, 02:41:09 AM »
Andre Boucaud signs for Barnet FC
barnetfc.com

33-year-old Trinidadian midfielder Andre Boucaud becomes the Bees eight signing of the season, joining on a two-year deal from Dagenham & Redbridge for an undisclosed fee.

He was a first-team regular under John Still last season at the Daggers, making 41 appearances in the National League. He made 156 appearances across all competitions for the Victoria Road side.

The experienced midfielder started his career in the youth system at Queens Park Rangers but would make the switch to Reading FC. Whilst with the Royals he had a loan spell at Peterborough United before joining on a permanent basis.

He spent a couple of seasons at London Road which also featured a loan to Aldershot Town then joined Kettering Town for two spells either side of a period at Wycombe Wanderers. Moves to York City and Luton Town were followed by a transfer to Notts County where he spent two seasons.

Boucaud is a full international for Trinidad and Tobago. He picked up his first cap in 2004 and currently has 47 caps to his name, with two goals.

Speaking following his arrival, Andre said:

"I'm very excited and glad to get things over the line, it took a little while but everything is done and I'm very excited!

"A big factor was to work with gaffer, he asked me to come here and that was good. The whole setup here is great, it's not of non-league standard with all the facilities so that played a big part as well."

Manager John Still believes that Andre has a big part to play both on and off the pitch.

"I've known him as a player for a long time. When I went back to Dagenham, Andre was there and I think he'd would tell you that I wasn't certain he would be right for me and I had that conversation with him.

"Well, if ever a player has rammed something back at me it was. He is a terrific trainer, he's got a terrific attitude and he's a terrific player. I always remind him of that. He didn't sulk, he didn't moan he just got on with it and he became a big part of the last two years I spent there.

"He is exemplary as a player and one of the reasons I've brought him here is that he knows how to be a professional footballer. He will be a big influence on some of the young players, and there is quite a few, he'll be massive for them and I can't speak highly enough of him."

A full interview with Andre will be online shortly.

Welcome to Barnet, Andre!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2018, 04:34:31 AM »
Good Luck, Dude!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Andre Boucaud departs Barnet FC
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2020, 12:38:54 PM »
Andre Boucaud departs Barnet FC
barnetfc.com

Barnet Football Club can today confirm that Andre Boucaud has left the Club.

The midfielder joined the Bees in the summer of 2018 making the move from Dagenham and Redbridge. He went on to make 30 appearances for the Club across his 18 months with the Bees.

This campaign Boucaud has featured on nine occasions in all competitions.

Everyone at the Club would like to thank Andre for his valued service to Barnet FC and wish him every success for the future.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Boucaud joins Maidstone United
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2020, 12:19:23 PM »
Boucaud joins Maidstone United
maidstoneunited.co.uk

Andre Boucaud has signed for the Stones.

The former Barnet man links up with John Still, who brought him to The Hive in July 2018. The pair also worked together at Dagenham & Redbridge.

A vastly experienced midfielder, Andre made 30 appearances for the Bees, nine of those coming this season. While at the Daggers between 2014 and 2018, he made more than 150 appearances.

The Trinidad and Tobago international started his career as a youth player with Queens Park Rangers, before a move to Reading. After two loan spells at Peterborough United, he signed a permanent deal under the then manager Barry Fry.

His other clubs include Kettering Town, York City and Notts County.

Andre’s arrival follows the departure of Matt McClure, who left the club at the end of his six-month contract. He signed for Vanarama National League North side Gloucester City earlier today. Our very best wishes to Matt and his family.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maidstone United sign midfielder Andre Boucaud from Barnet
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2020, 03:43:17 PM »
Maidstone United sign midfielder Andre Boucaud from Barnet
By Craig Tucker (Kent Online)

John Still says Maidstone have pulled off an outstanding signing after landing midfielder Andre Boucaud.

Boucaud, 35, played for Still at both Dagenham and Barnet and joins United after deciding to leave the Hive.

The former Trinidad & Tobago international watched Maidstone’s 1-1 draw with Hemel on Tuesday night and has made quite an impression at training.

With a big personality to match, Still says he’s in the mould of skipper George Elokobi.

“He trained yesterday and was very infectious,” United’s head of football told the club’s Friday Interview.

“He’s a bit like having George in midfield.

“You know from other other players as well during and after training that don’t know him saying, ‘cor, what a player’.

“We had a long talk with him and once it became known we has leaving Barnet he had a quite a few options.

“I’m not saying it’s because of me but I was obviously an influence because he’s played for me, but he’s decided to come here.

“We’ve spoken to the club over the last couple of days and they’ve been brilliant. I think it’s an outstanding signing.”

Still revealed he’d been planning to let Boucaud leave when their paths first crossed at Dagenham but quickly changed his mind.

“I’ve been wiping the custard off my face ever since,” said Still.

“He did absolutely unbelievable for me and when I went to Barnet I think he was the first player I signed.”

Boucaud started his career as a youth player at QPR while other former clubs include Reading, Peterborough and Notts County.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2020, 12:37:19 PM »
The time Maidstone United midfielder Andre Boucaud went in hard on Barcelona legend Lionel Messi while playing against Argentina
By Craig Tucker (Kent Online)

New Maidstone signing Andre Boucaud doesn't take any prisoners - just ask Lionel Messi.

Boucaud let Messi know he was around while playing for Trinidad & Tobago against Argentina in Buenos Aires six years ago.

Javier Mascherano - a clubmate of Messi's at Barcelona at the time - stepped in to calm the situation.

"I tackled Messi hard," said midfielder Boucaud, who won almost 50 international caps.

"It was in Argentina and I gave him a hard tackle.

"In the heat of the moment one of the players came over and said, 'my friend, calm down' and I was like, 'shut up, blah, blah, blah'.

"The guy telling me to calm down was Mascherano so I kind of realised where I was and if I'd injured Messi in Argentina I don't think I'd be here now to do this interview!

"We lost 3-0 but it was only 1-0 at half-time."

Boucaud, who's joined Maidstone from Barnet, treasures his international caps.

He added: "International football is the highlight of my career because I've played in stadiums I could only dream of and against players I could only dream of.

"I only stopped 18 months or two years ago, it was a great achievement to represent my family's country.

"I've played against the world's best, Argentina, in Argentina, in front of 60 or 70,000 people.

"I played against Mexico, in Mexico, in front of 80,000.

"International football is just a different kind of style.

"That's why sometimes you might see me play a certain way here that's been instilled in me.

"At those levels you can't give the ball away willy-nilly because you won't see it again, so you might see me make a pass when really I should lump it forward. It's not in my DNA to do that."

Boucaud links up with Maidstone head of football John Still for the third time after switching to the Gallagher.

Still initially wanted to move him on when they first worked together at Dagenham but quickly changed his mind and later took him to Barnet.

"He basically came in and said I wasn't for him," said Boucaud.

"That's fine because football is about opinions - some managers will like you, some won't.

"I didn't moan, I didn't give anyone any problems, I just got my head down, worked hard, got back in the team and I think we made the play-offs that year.

"My experience got me through that period.

"It's one of those things that happen in football and what I always tell young players is if a manager isn't having you or you're out of the team, just keep your mouth shut and work hard.

"In the end I won John over and he's signed me twice more, at Barnet and now here.

"He's a good guy because he didn't treat me any different.

"He didn't single me out and I respect him for that.

"He's one of the best managers I've worked with.

"I know what football's like at times. At some clubs, if you're out of favour and they really want you out, they disrespect you, make you train on your own and treat you in a bad manner but John never did that."

At 35, this is Boucaud's first taste of National South football after leaving Barnet.

He has an important role at the Gallagher as Maidstone look to secure a play-off place.

Boucaud said: "I'm coming to the end of my career and I just want to play and enjoy my last few years.

"If I can help the young boys here, that's good.

"I've never played at this level before, so I didn't know what to expect, but from seeing the boys in training and playing, you can see everyone's got ability.

"It's just the mentality side of things sometimes."

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FIFA ignores Guyana, Puerto Rico also hoping for action on Boucaud
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2021, 02:46:39 PM »
FIFA ignores Guyana, Puerto Rico also hoping for action on Boucaud
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

Six weeks after submitting a formal protest to the international football federation (FIFA) regarding the ineligibility of Trinidad and Tobago international Andre Boucaud in the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers in March, the Guyana Football Federation (GFF) has not received an official response from the world governing body.

FIFA typically acknowledges receipt of an official protest within 24 hours of its filing date. The consensus, however, is that there is no breach, and that Guyana’s protest is both desperate and frivolous.

Guyana Football Federation General Secretary Ian Alves revealed FIFA’s inaction during an interview with Stabroek Sport. According to Alves, the federation has not received any formal reply from FIFA regarding their protest after six weeks. He added that a timeline for a likely resolution to the protest also has not been issued by the world governing body. Efforts to reach acting TTFA general secretary Amiel Mohammed for a comment proved futile.

Trinidad and Tobago beat Guyana 3-0 in a World Cup qualifying match held in the Dominican Republic on March 25, 2021. Guyana, for its part, sent an official protest to FIFA, despite the fact that Trinidad and Tobago did not use its veteran footballer Boucaud in that match. Guyana acted on information provided via digital portal http://insideworldfootball.com that noted that Boucaud, at the time of playing a March 28 World Cup qualifier against Puerto Rico, was an athlete agent, and not an active English Association player, making him ineligible.

The publication loosely tried to tie separate issues together on the premise that English FA laws mirrors that of FIFA and that English FA law deemed him ineligible.

However, FIFA regulations governing agents deal strictly with issues between player agents and clubs.

Further, FIFA gives responsibility for the conduct of agents to the Association, in this case the English FA, through Article 15, which states ‘if a players’ agent no longer fulfils the prerequisites for holding a license, the relevant association shall withdraw his license’ - which the English FA subsequently did. The English FA had no further power to act against Boucaud since he did not have to be a professional or active player to represent another Association, in this case Trinidad and Tobago.

Meanwhile, president of the Puerto Rican Football Federation (FPF), Iván E. Rivera Gutiérrez has indicated that Puerto Rico also sent a letter to FIFA requesting clarification.

“We allow ourselves to officially request, the necessary information and clarifications be extended to us, without neglecting that it is a situation that warrants the adoption of sanctioning measures and, where appropriate, corrective measures that allow avoiding the repetition of behaviours and negative infringements of prestige of FIFA, its members and football,” wrote Gutiérrez in a letter sent to FIFA.

On March 28, 2021, Puerto Rico drew 1-1 with Trinidad and Tobago in a CONCACAF Qualifier for the Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup. Consequently, Puerto Rico, with one point and on the verge of being eliminated, are also eying the outcome of the Guyana protest.

“We are awaiting what FIFA’s response will be,” said Rivera Gutiérrez, “We want to know what is the determination that FIFA will take in relation to this case to know the consequences of this, not only in our group, but with the Trinidad and Tobago team.”

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2021, 02:50:25 PM »
Further, FIFA gives responsibility for the conduct of agents to the Association, in this case the English FA, through Article 15, which states ‘if a players’ agent no longer fulfils the prerequisites for holding a license, the relevant association shall withdraw his license’ - which the English FA subsequently did. The English FA had no further power to act against Boucaud since he did not have to be a professional or active player to represent another Association, in this case Trinidad and Tobago.

There it is !

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Null and Void: FIFA’s Savic informs Puerto Rico there is no case against T&T’s Boucaud
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

THE FIFA Disciplinary Committee will not open a case into Trinidad and Tobago’s use of veteran footballer Andre Boucaud in a 2021 World Cup preliminary round qualifier against Puerto Rico last March.

England-born Boucaud has 48 international caps for T&T.

Both the Guyana and Puerto Rico football federations had written FIFA, questioning the eligibility of Boucard against Puerto Rico, after digital portal insideworldfootball.com reported that at the time of his playing the aforementioned March 2021 World Cup qualifier against Puerto Rico, Boucaud was listed as an athletes’ agent and not an active English Football Association player -- which would thus render him as ineligible, according to English FA statutes.

However, there are no such statutes in FIFA’s own rules. Puerto Rico has since confirmed that FIFA had informed them that T&T had no case to answer, in clear contradiction to a report out of Guyana in which Stabroek Sport reported Guyana Football Federation (GFF) general secretary, Ian Alves, as stating the matter was before FIFA’s Disciplinary Committee.

Robert Hadad, chairman of the FIFA-appointed normalisation committee in T&T, was contacted via WhatsApp and asked whether FIFA had given any direction to the TTFA in the matter. Hadad did not reply. However, the Puerto Rico Football Federation (FPF) has confirmed that FIFA had stated T&T had no case to answer.

Gordon Savic, head of FIFA World Cup Qualifiers, was named as informing the FPF that the FIFA Disciplinary Committee will not open a case related to Puerto Rico’s request to investigate the player Andre Boucard, who was active with T&T in the World Cup qualifying match on March 28 in Mayagüez, which resulted in a 1-1 draw.

“According to FIFA, the protest by Puerto Rico did not meet the requirements established in the Disciplinary Code,” FPF noted on its official website. For the record, Boucaud did not even play when T&T defeated Guyana 3-0 on March 25, before drawing 1-1 with Puerto Rico three days later.

Stabroek Sport had stated: ‘According to Alves, FIFA has officially responded to the GFF’s formal protest of May 14 adding that the disciplinary committee will adjudicate on the matter.’ FIFA typically acknowledges receipt of an official protest within 24 hours of its filing date.

1]; } ?>