April 20, 2024, 05:30:37 AM

Poll

The question is:  Who is running the TT football team selection?

Maturana
0 (0%)
Anton Corneal
5 (22.7%)
Jack Warner
7 (31.8%)
Russell Latapy
0 (0%)
Nobody knows
10 (45.5%)
Alvin Corneal
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Who holds the reins?  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Who holds the reins?
« on: September 26, 2008, 08:00:21 AM »
After observing the decisions of the last few days and the reversals in team selections after every game, I am left wondering who is really running the team.  Now that Latapy has been called into the fold, I became even more curious about how team selections are made.  Stern is back, Scotland is left out.  Birchall is recalled as is Collin Samuel.  Although we have addressed this topic before, I wonder what is the opinion of the forumites now?
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who holds the reins?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 08:39:55 AM »
the answer is the only person you left out....DWIGHT YORKE!!!

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 09:23:53 AM »
Good question and ah damn embarrasing one as well fuh Mr Maturana. All the genuinely decent coaches round the World would never accept being dictated too, look at how Mourinho and Keegan jump ship once they thought they was being undermined. I just wish T&T had a coach that was not only experienced but strong willed as well. The last one we had actually achieved something. T&T needs stability and confidence in selection, otherwise its pointless trying to build a team. Maturana is experienced but (regardless of the current squad selected) the man team selection all over the place, the man seems completely undecided as to what is his best 11. You have to wonder how serious he is about this job. If he is not being heavily influenced by other parties (and probably more than one at that) over his team selection then he is losing it as a coach, if he is...then what is the point in having him in charge. It looks more and more like we need to get rid ASAP. Inexperienced or not jus give Latas the job and be done with it.....sink or swim. At least he would have a bit more balls and keep the outsiders OUT.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 09:45:50 AM »
Good question and ah damn embarrasing one as well fuh Mr Maturana. All the genuinely decent coaches round the World would never accept being dictated too, look at how Mourinho and Keegan jump ship once they thought they was being undermined. I just wish T&T had a coach that was not only experienced but strong willed as well. The last one we had actually achieved something. T&T needs stability and confidence in selection, otherwise its pointless trying to build a team. Maturana is experienced but (regardless of the current squad selected) the man team selection all over the place, the man seems completely undecided as to what is his best 11. You have to wonder how serious he is about this job. If he is not being heavily influenced by other parties (and probably more than one at that) over his team selection then he is losing it as a coach, if he is...then what is the point in having him in charge. It looks more and more like we need to get rid ASAP. Inexperienced or not jus give Latas the job and be done with it.....sink or swim. At least he would have a bit more balls and keep the outsiders OUT.
       Breds mark my word it eh go be any different with Latas unless he get a bunch of guys he never lime with,played with,even disrespected him,he already have guys he dislike on the team for difference reasons,jumping in there he is opening himself up to the same criticisms Coaches before him has been through,could he handle it no one knows,people saying give him the job because that's the right thing to say at this point in time and not get victimized,the Latas i know speaks up for himself but as far as putting his foot down for players etc etc like Sancho/Jack i can't say much he was never that kind of guy so i don't know where the balls will come from.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 10:33:03 AM »
well guys i hope whoever that person may be...he together with them put there differented ah side in putting a very Strong team to play Guatemala and the U.S....cause we need to win them games...so whoever is coming back or being call... should come in with a goal in mind

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 10:43:41 AM »
abu bakr.

he running everything else in t&t.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 06:45:49 AM »
abu bakr.

he running everything else in t&t.

Allyuh good oui!!!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

1]; } ?>