June 16, 2024, 12:38:50 AM

Author Topic: Wolves swoop for Carlos Edwards.  (Read 5651 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Wolves swoop for Carlos Edwards.
« on: October 02, 2008, 04:37:27 AM »
Wolves swoop for Carlos Edwards.
By: expressandstar.com

Wolves have agreed a deal to sign Sunderland winger Carlos Edwards on a three-month loan. The 29-year-old was due at Compton today to complete the transfer today to train with his new-mates in readiness for Saturday’s trip to Swansea.

Molineux boss Mick McCarthy acted quickly after losing wingers Michael Kightly and Matt Jarvis to capture Edwards, whose only action this season has been against Liverpool in the Premier League and in the Carling Cup against Northampton.

Jarvis is out for two months with a torn hamstring, while Kightly’s absence will be considerably less as he has a strained hamstring. Edwards, who is predominantly right-sided and quick, will be seen as a key signing to cover the absence of either.

Signed by Roy Keane for £1.4m from Luton in January 2007, he was an important player for the Black Cats during their promotion season of 2006-07, playing 15 games in the second half of the campaign as they swept to the title.

But his Premier League experience has so far been a frustrating one. Having missed the first half of last season with a hamstring injury, he then broke his leg against Derby in December and was sidelined again.

But he is completely fit again now and will see the chance with Wolves to prove himself. This season he has been kept out by Steed Malbranque and occasionally El Hadji Diouf, but is certainly a dangerous performer at Championship level.

Capped 61 times by Trinidad and Tobago, he played in the last World Cup in Germany. He came to Britain in 2000 when he signed for Wrexham along with Hector Sam and Dennis Lawrence, costing £125,000. Edwards has also been linked with a loan switch to Sheffield Wednesday.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 05:14:02 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Wolves swoop for Carlos Edwards.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 05:20:55 AM »
Ok, Carlos, now, no excuses. You just signed with the team leading the championship, and they knocking a good brand. Show them and Keane what you're made of.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 05:44:34 AM »
Good move...this is his level

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 05:49:33 AM »
I have a question for those who have seen Carlos played recently.

Will Carlos be able to perform in the championship?  I somehow feel that people think that just because he is going down a level, that he will automatically start to blow past defenders.

Carlos looked good in the Championship because he had all the makings of a premiership player.  He seemed to have missed the beat since he has come back from injury.  This has nothing to do with what is his level because an in form carlos edwards can make a premiership Sunderland 18 man squad easily.

So no matter where he plays, he still wont be the same Carlos.  This was proven due to the fact that he played in the Carling Cup against a League One side and could not distinguish himself!!

So forumites, brace allyuh self for a long ride, but once he gets back in the groove and play the way we know he can play, he will be back in the premiership not before long.

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 06:05:09 AM »
Carlos, I know you goin and rip it up for the Wolves
 :applause: :applause:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 06:22:40 AM »
Very good move.... Wolves are on top and playing well... i just glad he didnt go a shit side in the championship...well a shittier side lol

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 06:31:22 AM »
Good move.  It's early yet, but they seem to be the team to beat in the Championship, or at least be part of the playoffs.  He needs to play and regain confidence.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 06:41:31 AM »
I have a question for those who have seen Carlos played recently.

Will Carlos be able to perform in the championship?  I somehow feel that people think that just because he is going down a level, that he will automatically start to blow past defenders.

Carlos looked good in the Championship because he had all the makings of a premiership player.  He seemed to have missed the beat since he has come back from injury.  This has nothing to do with what is his level because an in form carlos edwards can make a premiership Sunderland 18 man squad easily.

So no matter where he plays, he still wont be the same Carlos.  This was proven due to the fact that he played in the Carling Cup against a League One side and could not distinguish himself!!

So forumites, brace allyuh self for a long ride, but once he gets back in the groove and play the way we know he can play, he will be back in the premiership not before long.

ah love it!!

He struggle so much against League One Northampton that he get subbed at half time and boof by Roy. All who feel he guaranteed to excel in de Championship, I hope yuh right but...

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 06:46:47 AM »
I think right now Carlos' problem is a mental one.  He showed flashes of his old self in de last qualifier against the US.  I think once he start's playing on a regular basis again he will regain his confidence.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 07:00:16 AM »
I think right now Carlos' problem is a mental one.  He showed flashes of his old self in de last qualifier against the US.  I think once he start's playing on a regular basis again he will regain his confidence.

I agree its mostly mental..we all know Carlos can play way better than what he is showcasing right now..

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 07:23:19 AM »
I just surprised that Mick McArthy and Roy Keane actually did a deal with each other. I wonder if it involved a phone conversation somewhere along the line or if Keane just told Mike Berry to organise it: "we don't need Carlos, find somewhere for him to go until he is ready to be a premiership player...i don't care where, as long as its not here"
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 07:41:54 AM »
Hopefully this results in more playing time. Not sure if dropping a level automatically means he will play better. The man in a mental funk. Is not like he trying to do certain things in the EPL and they not coming off but might come off in the Championship.

Hopefully the Wolves coaching staff can help him get his confidence back.

I think for those he believe this is his level...well it may be now, but I don't think that is the case prior to his injuries.

You just have to recall his last play before his injury woes...rip up two men, deadly cross on Stern head, Stern rock the cross bar. Carlos mash up from the tackle..never come back from that. At that point he was starting to look like an EPL player after an injury plagued pre-season. And even though it was just one play I citing.I haven't even seen him attempt to play with that level of confidence since.

Come on Carlos. Handle it with Wolves.

go T&T!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 08:19:49 AM »
good luck Los
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 08:43:49 AM »
AS BM say all d best brudder
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 08:46:09 AM »
Fingers crossed
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 08:48:26 AM »
AND TOES CROSSED
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 09:08:50 AM »
Hope it takes his mind of his injury and onto playing again. 

Good move for him as Wolves are playing well so a chance to get some form and confidence back, I hope it works out.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 09:11:23 AM »
I just surprised that Mick McArthy and Roy Keane actually did a deal with each other. I wonder if it involved a phone conversation somewhere along the line or if Keane just told Mike Berry to organise it: "we don't need Carlos, find somewhere for him to go until he is ready to be a premiership player...i don't care where, as long as its not here"

No they would of spoke, Keane is the only one that has say on players.  It will be water under the bridge to both of them by now I would of thought.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 09:17:09 AM »

No they would of spoke, Keane is the only one that has say on players.  It will be water under the bridge to both of them by now I would of thought.

Read an interview where Keane said he and McArthy are cool. They've spoken and cleared up their differences since WC 2002. I think Keane had a really big public falling out with Niall Quinn too, and look where he is now

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 09:19:02 AM »
The Wolves fans are excited no ass: http://www.the-wolf.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=33932

I really really hope this move works out for Carlos.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 09:48:01 AM »
Can't let a 1979 Rolls Royce sit fuh to long. Good luck Carlos…don’t let the memories of those injuries hinder you Bro.  ;)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 10:00:11 AM »
well stella went JA to get she groove back, let's see if Carlos "vauxhall" Edwards can get his back with wolves.

hopefully some regular playing time will see him back to his old self.

Good luck CE.
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 10:27:51 AM »

If you had said that last year about him and Stern men woulda rip your head off. Funny the difference a year makes.

In fact when he went Sunderland men was vex because because it was a Chamionship side and he was good enoughtfor the premiership.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 10:35:54 AM »

If you had said that last year about him and Stern men woulda rip your head off. Funny the difference a year makes.

In fact when he went Sunderland men was vex because because it was a Chamionship side and he was good enoughtfor the premiership.

Ahem.....I was branded a hater for sayin he wasn't de same player...ent Omar... ;D

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 10:51:00 AM »

Ahem.....I was branded a hater for sayin he wasn't de same player...ent Omar... ;D

Ahem.. you lambast de man first game back after injury..

matter of fact, i feel is you who blight de man!

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 10:54:19 AM »
Hope he ent get no static from de new boss to come back and rep T&T.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2008, 11:03:29 AM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

:rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl: 

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2008, 11:04:39 AM »

:whistling:

;D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 11:12:53 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2008, 12:00:01 PM »

NOTICE DE DATE  :whistling:

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Edwards hoping for fresh start
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2008, 01:38:51 PM »
Edwards hoping for fresh start
wolves.premiumtv.co.uk

Carlos Edwards is delighted to have been able to join such an "ambitious club" as he aims to get his career back on track with Wolves.

The Sunderland winger has arrived on a three-month loan and is hoping for regular first team football having found himself on the fringes with the Premier League side thanks to their summer strengthening.

Carlos, 30 later this month, checked in at Compton this morning and will be in the squad for Saturday's trip to Swansea.

"I'd heard there were a few clubs enquiring about me but Wolves were the one that really appealed," said Carlos.

"That wasn't just because they are top of the table but also because Mick McCarthy is such a good manager that a lot of players would want to play for.

"Wolves are an ambitious club and this might be a chance for me to get my career back on track.

"I've probably got a lot to prove not only this season but because of last season.

"I had a rollercoaster season in my first Premier League season with a fractured leg and a hamstring injury.

"That's all behind me now and I'm looking forward to a new challenge.

"I'm now here with a new opportunity and am hoping to grab it with both hands."

Carlos made an immediate impact when joining Sunderland in January of last year, playing a major part in helping the club into the Premier League.

Whilst disappointed with the way events have gone since reaching the top flight, the Trinidad & Tobago international is happy to have a fresh start.

"I enjoyed myself in this division before," he added.

"I only wish I could have kept that form going into my first year in the Premier League but it wasn't to be with the freak injuries that I had.

"But that's all in the past, I don't want to dwell on it anymore.

I'm going forward now, I'm here on a three-month loan deal and hopefully things are going to be better.

"I'm going to give my all for Wolves in the time that I'm here and that starts from Saturday if I'm involved."

Only in today's guardian it have an article about how hard he intends to work and regain his spot

ah love it!!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 01:50:21 PM by Tallman »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>